Why is the refrigerator case heat up: the causes of the problem
The fridge malfunction is a nightmare for any family. After all, all stocks will disappear, and you will have to cook endlessly, since there is nowhere to store food. So people panic, noticing how the side walls of “their breadwinner” heat up on the outside. In this case, you need to calm down and establish the cause. Let’s figure out how and why it happens.
If at the first launch of the refrigerator it was noticed that his sides are heated, you should not reproach yourself for an unsuccessful purchase and run to make a return to the store.
Heating at the proper level. this is a completely normal phenomenon. The limiting indicators are in the instructions. Usually the standard does not exceed 450C.
The cause of the temperature is considered to be the operation of the heat exchanger. This happens as follows:
- The compressor drives Freon by tubes (it is also called a refrigerant);
- Under the action of pressure, the refrigerated element from gas turns into a liquid;
- When compressed, the gas heats up and, accordingly, heats the walls of the refrigerator from the outside, where the tubes pass;
- After that, Freon enters the evaporator in a liquid state and is processed there again in gas. At this stage, the refrigerant takes heat from refrigerator chambers, after which the cycle is repeated.
Contributes to the heating of the walls and the anti.condensate system. It includes heating tubes or tapes. They take place in the area of rubber bands on the doors, jumpers between the freezer and a refrigerator chamber.
IMPORTANT! The refrigerator motor under normal conditions works for cooling for 20 minutes. And the same is resting. The back wall of the electrical appliance should heat up only during the operation of the motor.
At the first launch, the work of the freezer occurs with a load until it is cold inside. It turns out that the motor works for more than 20 minutes., And all this time the back wall is warming.
Why the side walls and partitions between cameras heat up
First deal with the structure of your technique or look into the instructions. In Soviet.made refrigerators, a grille was located on the back wall. capacitor. When the engine began to work, the back of the grate was heated, and then cool.
In modern two.chamber refrigerators, the capacitor tube is located inside the side wall, which leads to its heating. Why is it done? During the operation of the freezer, the minus temperature is created, in the places of the door adjacent to the body, cold air finds the output. If the temperature is high in the room, then condensate can form on the walls, which eventually leads to corrosion and mold on the seal.
fridge garam kyu hota hai, side se hot, hone ke karan refrigerator, bahar se garam kyon hota hai
The capacitor located behind or on the sides of the pipe allow moisture to evaporate.
So the system works. For what reasons, the walls of the refrigerator (LG brands) are basking too much:
- The room is too hot, bad ventilation. For the normal operation of the refrigerator, the distance between the case and furniture should be 5-7 cm minimum.
- The technique has recently been defrosted. Then it will take time to cool and the temperature resumes. The same thing happens after loading in the department of warm products.
- The silicone (rubber) seal in the freezer is heated, which makes the door fit tightly to the body. As a result, cold air does not leak to cool the walls.
In some refrigerators (“Nord”, “Indesite”), a partition between the refrigerator and freezers is heated. This is a normal phenomenon, because moisture is most often formed here. It is recommended to take care of the side walls of technology, if they are always dry, then the breakdown does not threaten you.
The reasons for heating the side walls of the refrigerator
The output of thermal energy occurs through the capacitor, which is located on the back. However, in modern devices it is often installed on the side. When the compressor actively operates and distiliates the refrigerant, the capacitor lattices are very warming up. For this reason, the temperature on the lateral surface increases significantly.
Another common reason is the presence near the heat energy sources. For example, some owners put a refrigerator next to a gas stove. Also, the walls of the walls are too high in the room due to hot weather or heating. Direct sunlight should not fall on the refrigerator, you should not install it next to the radiator.
The technique often fails in the absence of normal heat transfer. Manufacturers not in vain indicate the need to put a refrigerator at a distance of at least 5 cm from walls and furniture items. If it is best not to place the device in a niche.
If the walls are hot all the time, and this is in no way connected with natural reasons, it is better to contact the master. Most often, improper operation or transportation of refrigeration equipment leads to breakdowns.
The cause of the strong heating of the side and rear wall of the refrigerator may be its incorrect location. According to technical standards, the distance from them to the walls of the room and furniture should be at least 10 cm. If the device is built.in, then to the upper shelf should be more than 20 cm. Although for some models there may be other requirements.
Correct installation of a double.leaf refrigerator Samsung with the Low Frost system.
If the gaps are smaller, there will be problems with air circulation. He will stagnate, so heat exchangers will not be able to quickly give heat. Freon will heat up, transmitting thermal energy to the walls.
Another side effect of the improper installation of the refrigerator is the quick compressor wear. To maintain normal temperature in the chambers, it will begin to work at a higher speed, more often turn on. This will lead to a decrease in its resource and failure.
The side walls of the refrigerator are heated when turning on
If the refrigerator has a regular compressor, then it periodically turns on and turns off. A slight increase in the temperature of the walls at the same time is a normal phenomenon. But heating should be no more than 1-2 degrees.
Strong heating when turned on the compressor means that the temperature in the refrigerator increased by 2 or more degrees. If the sidewalls or the back wall begin to heat up hard. there are several options:
Check the cleanliness of the sensor and clean it yourself. In the main chamber, it is usually located in one block with a backlight lamp. In the freezer, the temperature sensor is usually located behind the back panel.
But there may be options, so look at its location in the instructions. If the sensor is frozen, we advise you to read an article about the causes of ice and snow in the refrigerator.
The location of the temperature sensor in the freezer of the Hirlpool refrigerator.
If this does not help, it is better to call a specialist. You can find a good refrigerator on the PROFY masters search portal. There is a search for all cities and regions, and the level of specialists is quite worthy.
If the walls of the refrigerator heat up when the first turned on after downtime, this is absolutely normal. The system begins to cool the camera to normal temperature. In this case, there is an active heat selection. Heated freon gives it through the walls, heating them.
Low Frost. Not No Frost
Everyone knows or heard about refrigerators with the No Frost system. But there is a option of rapid cooling of Low Frost products. They have a fundamental difference, a refrigerator with Low Frost can simultaneously use the know.free system. Therefore, the question is why the side wall of the refrigerator No Frost is warming is incorrect.
In short, in the NOU Frost system, cooling efficiency is achieved due to the forced blowing of the camera.
In ordinary models, the radiator (heat exchanger) is located on the back of the refrigerator. Through it, heat is given from the internal compartments. For Low Frost models, it is located not only on the rear, but also on the lateral, left and right walls. This system is often used by the following manufacturers:
Some manufacturers use Low Frost technology, but do not use this name. They either do not indicate the type of location of the circuit at all, or use their designation, for example, Total No Frost. These include Samsung, LG, Haier.
If your refrigerator initially heat up the side walls. check the type of heat exchanger location. If it is around the entire perimeter of the freezer or refrigerator, this is normal. There is nothing to worry about. Except in the cases when the temperature of the refrigerator housing increased.
What to do
Depending on the cause and place of heating, the solution methods differ:
- If the lateral parts become hot, the reason may be compressor damage. It will have to be replaced. This is also due to the fact that too many foods or hot dishes are loading into cameras. They can heat up because the refrigerator door opens very often. If you do not make such errors, the problem may be solved.
- When the back wall is too warm, it is worth checking if the grate is not contaminated. Outside, it is worth cleaning it, turning off the device. It is important not to damage the capacitor. If this did not give a result, you need to check if the temperature sensor itself is good for the condenser.
- With constant heating of the capacitor, the problem is often a malfunction of the heat exchanger or temperature sensor will have to be replaced. Sometimes there is enough complete defrosting and proper use of the device.
- In order to avoid strong heating, the partition should be engaged in repairing the heater or replacing the seal, if it does not fit tightly enough.
Why are the walls in my refrigerator to hot to touch?
Diagnostics and repair
Listen, the compressor is turned off or it works without stopping? If the operating time is exceeded, this indicates a problem. Therefore, the walls are heated and do not have time to cool.
What could become an indirect cause of continuous work?
The department door is often open for a long time
The gap could also form in the sealant, and warm air penetrates inside. The temperature rises, the sensor reports this to the main module. Therefore, the latter does not give a command to turn off the motor until the necessary values are reached.
- Read the instructions again. Do not open the door for a long time.
- Inspect the rubber seal. If he has worn out, replace. If you clog, wash with a warm solution of water and soap. With deformation, return the shape to the rubber will help with hot water.
Irregular thermoregulator values or mode
With the “Super.Summer” mode set in mechanical models, the freezer will cool “until you drop” until you disconnect it. Check, maybe you accidentally set this mode.
Too low thermoregulator values lead to similar problems. Correct.
According to the rules, the case should stand at a distance of 5-7 cm from the walls, away from batteries and furnaces. If there is too little space for normal ventilation, the walls can overheat.
You loaded a lot of products at once into the department? Then the motor will work until the temperature recovers. Normally, this should take no more than 20-30 minutes.
If in the freezer with the know.toe Frost grows ice, this indicates a malfunction. Heat transfer is violated, the compressor works with double load, the walls of the freezer heat up.
What breakdowns are given in the continuous operation of the motor and require repair?
The thermostat broke
When the thermostat breaks, the module cannot get the temperature data in the department, so it does not send a signal to the motor for disconnecting. You can replace the thermostat yourself. Most often it is located inside the camera on the side wall (with a separate adjustment).
The problems of the evaporator
The breakdown of any element of the evaporator threatens the failure of the entire refrigerator. It is necessary to diagnose a timer of the thaw, sensor, heater. In such cases, it is better to contact the master, because you need special equipment. He will remove the back wall and replace broken parts.
This is a refrigerant that circulates according to the system. A leak may occur for such reasons:
- Corrosion of the steel circuit. A refrigerant moves along the contour of the contour, and the slightest damage during corrosion leads to a leak.
- During defrosting, you used physical strength and damaged the camera, perhaps pierced the body. Read more about this on the page “What to do if you pierced the freezer or evaporator”.
You need to contact the service center for localizing damage and refueling the system by freon.
Occasionally the problem may be in the management board. When the moisture was closed or moisture, the simistor could burn on it, which controls the compressor. You need to call all the elements and eliminate the breakdown.
Noticed that the walls of the freezer are heated? Do not panic, check these elements, and then call a specialist.
What to pay attention to
You need to worry in the case of an abnormal heating of the device. There are many reasons and “symptoms” are different. For example, the hot rear of the refrigerator can be in the case of excessive hoarfrost formation inside the freezer, with the loss of the tightness of sealing gum or the absence of normal heat exchange of the capacitor with the surrounding air.
There should be a distance of at least 5 cm between the capacitor grille and the wall for free air movement. A thick layer of accumulated dust, which is a good heat insulator, can also interfere with the heat transfer.
The bottom of the refrigerator heats up as a result of heating the compressor. In normal working condition of the household device, it has a low temperature, but in some cases it begins to overheat. As a result, there are:
The compressor in the refrigerator is very warming when he is forced to work for a long time without turning off. There are several such options:
note! Когда не греется задняя решетка холодильника, то причин для беспокойства больше, ведь последствия могут быть гораздо серьезнее. This leads either the absence of a refrigerant or a compressor breakdown. On their own, these malfunctions cannot be eliminated.
When you need to call the master
The third block of reasons for overheating is associated with breakdowns of a particular part of the device.
- Grocey gum of doors have leaked and pass the air. Their replacement is required.
- The refrigerant leak occurred. It is necessary to find the damaged area, seal and re.season the system by freon.
- The temperature sensor of one of the chambers that records the temperature and launches or stops the compressor broke and needs to replace the compressor.
If everything is in order with the walls, but the compressor of the refrigerator is very heated-most likely, we are talking about a short circuit or strong wear, because of which it cannot work properly. Usually broken compressor has to be changed.
In no case do not try to eliminate these malfunctions yourself. Contact the authorized service center Midea. The specialist will figure out why the refrigerator wall heats up, and will repair the device quickly and efficiently. But attempts to cope on their own are fraught with even more serious breakdowns and a sharp increase in the cost of repair.
Why does the refrigerator warm up on the sides
Noticing that the housing is heated at the refrigerator, do not immediately worry. This usually happens for natural reasons, but can be caused by improper operation and breakdown. Therefore, you should first figure out why the refrigerator is heated by the side walls and other parts of the case, and if necessary, contact the service center.
The refrigerator warms, not freezes: reasons
To understand why the refrigerator housing is heated, we will figure it out in the principle of its work. Refrigeration equipment operates in cyclic mode. In the process of turning on and off the compressor through the cooling system, the freon circulates. Changing his physical properties, he derives the heat that accumulates inside the cameras, out. The return of thermal energy occurs through the capacitor. This is a radiator grille, which in old models of equipment is located outside, on the back wall. In modern models, it is hidden inside the case.
Reference. The capacitor is mounted in the side walls not only to improve the appearance. It contributes to the evaporation of moisture and prevents the appearance of condensate, which is formed due to the difference in temperature in the chambers and room.
The outer walls of the refrigerator are heated
When the capacitor is heated, the external side walls of the aggregate are heated. The temperature of the case rises within 20-25 minutes, while the working cycle of the compressor lasts. Then it is gradually reduced to normal values, since the engine is disconnected. If the compressor works intensively and for a long time, the heating temperature increases. This is a standard situation in which both a new refrigerator and a long.operated one is heated on the sides. In obsolete models there is a hot rear refrigerator wall. In this case, do not worry.
For the same reason, the walls of an independent freezer are warming up. But since the difference between the temperature inside the unit and outside is greater than that of refrigerators, they have more pronounced.
Advice. To ensure normal air circulation, it is recommended to leave the gap between the side walls of the device and other surfaces of at least 2-3 cm.
The partition between the cameras is heated
Why is the refrigerator warming between the cameras? Even high.quality rubber seal passes cold air from the chamber. In the case of a large difference in temperature between the external and internal medium, condensate forms, corrosion begins, mold appears, the elastic band is frozen. To avoid this, manufacturers of refrigeration equipment lay the condenser tubes around the perimeter of the freezer. This leads to the fact that the refrigerator warms up between the refrigerator and freezers. This situation should not be an concern for anxiety.
Reference. To protect the device from the appearance of condensate, some models of the Atlant brand are supplied with tape heaters between the compartments. In this case, the heating of the partition is inevitable.
Why the walls of the refrigerator are constantly hot
If the case is constantly hot, the unit works at full power and does not have time to cool down. This happens in good and faulty refrigerators. There are several reasons that do not relate to the failures of technology:
- After defrosting or the first inclusion of a new device, it gains the required temperature within 1-3 hours and does not turn off. In order for this process to go faster, it is recommended not to load the products into the camera, but to let the technique work idle.
- When setting the “Fast Froth” mode, the compressor works at full force.
- If the temperature controller is set to the maximum indicator, the motor works non.stop. It is not recommended to do this, the installation of the regulator on average values is considered optimal.
- It is hot in the room. At a temperature of 30 ° C and above, heat transfer is difficult, the load on the compressor increases.
- The refrigerator is installed next to the heat source (kitchen stove, heating radiator, etc. P.). External heating worsens heat transfer and gives overheating the motor.
- Household appliance is pulled close to the wall, which is why it heats up. If the radiator grille is located on the rear wall of the equipment, there should be a gap of at least 7 cm between it and the wall.
- If a large batch of products is loaded at the same time, the compressor tries to cool it to the set temperature and does not turn off for a long time. To avoid this, the refrigerator is filled in small batches.
- When hot or unheated dishes are placed in the device, the motor tries to catch the cold and works for a long time.
- Normal heat transfer is disturbed when metal, glass or ceramic containers lean against the walls of the device.
- The reason may be the frequent and long opening of the refrigerator door. To cool the warm air entering the chamber, the motor works more intense.
- If the unit has not been defrosting for a long time, and an ice has formed in it, which prevents normal heat transfer, the compressor works at full force. To correct the situation, the device is defrosting.
- Когда загрязнена решетка в моделях старого образца, расположенная сзади, это препятствует теплообмену. As a result, the case overheats to high temperatures. The grille must be periodically cleaned of accumulated dirt.
These causes are non.critical and easily eliminated on their own. To avoid them, follow the rules for the operation of household appliances.
The reasons listed in the first list are not critical and easily eliminated. If the refrigerator costs near heating devices, it can be found a new place, and the problem will be eliminated. But technical breakdowns cannot be fixed independently. a qualified specialist is needed here. In most cases, such a malfunction as the constantly hot sides of the refrigerator are eliminated by the master on the spot. But you must prepare the unit for repair before its arrival. remove all products, turn off the mains, let it defrost when open doors, and then thoroughly wash it from the inside. The repairman’s unhindered access to the refrigerator from all sides, including the rear wall, should also be ensured.
Important: If you have found on the Internet instructions for repairing your refrigerator model, do not try to embody the theory in practice yourself! Without having the appropriate experience and knowledge, you risk your health.