The issue of choosing a kitchen hood is open to so many people. And this is not surprising, because this device allows you to maintain air in the house clean, protect the walls of furniture from the accumulation of oily plaque. To extract maximum benefits from the device, it must be correctly selected and installed. In order not to make a mistake in choosing, the article will talk about the best kitchen hoods in 2022 and the criteria for their choice.
Each owner of his own living space determines for himself the feasibility of acquiring and using a kitchen hood. To discard all doubts, you should familiarize yourself with the advantages and disadvantages of the device.
- Elimination of extraneous smells. While cooking food in the kitchen, and in general, the apartment may smell unpleasantly. Kitchen hood will help to solve this problem.
- A wide variety of configurations and design allows you to choose a model that will perfectly fit into the interior of the room and satisfy all the needs of the consumer.
- Indoor air. During the preparation of food, fat particles fall into the air, which over time are formed into a tight plaque on the walls of furniture, ceiling, and ventilation canal. The hood “pulls” these particles, so that the surfaces in the kitchen remain clean much longer.
- The ability to choose the optimal mode of operation and speed. For example, when preparing dishes with an acute smell, the hood can be turned on at all power, during other works, install the minimum power. This approach allows you to reduce accounts for electricity consumption.
- Reducing air humidity. During cooking, the concentration of moisture in the air increases significantly. Investigation. windows fog, wallpaper absorb moisture. Subsequently, this can lead to a rapid growth of the fungus. The lifting hood holds the optimal moisture mode. The recirculation type of hood does not cope with a similar task.
- Additional lighting. The vast majority of hoods are equipped with additional bulbs that illuminate the hob. As practice shows, there is no extra light in the kitchen.
What Size Commercial Kitchen Exhaust Hood System Do I Need?
Despite the rather extensive list of predominant features, kitchen hoods are not deprived of disadvantages. It is necessary to highlight the following:
- Noise. When the hood is turned on, it begins to make loud characteristic sounds. The volume level depends on the configuration of the model, its power, also the correct installation. You can purchase quiet models, but their cost is much higher.
- Kitchen hood occupies a lot of space. Owners of a small area can not just place a kitchen set, stoves, hoods and other items.
- Need for regular maintenance. As you use, filters are clogged and they are subject to mandatory replacement. Without cleaning, the effectiveness of the device is significantly reduced, the engine can quickly fail due to overheating.
To facilitate the search, it is also recommended to familiarize yourself with the main criteria for choosing a kitchen hood for household use.
What are the built.in hoods
Really relevant today should be recognized as built.in hoods designed for installation inside the suspended kitchen cabinets. They are divided by 2 categories:
Models with a drawer screen, which serves to increase the area of hot air capture, as well as acting as a turbine switch in the work. Such hoods are not fully built up, the lower metal platform will either “look out” from under the cabinet, or the latter, in order to equalize with the neighboring ones, can be shortened to the height of the decorative bar, or even more significantly in ensuring the required distance to the hob.
They are also often called fully built.in hoods. There is a certain convention in this term, since the lower plane with fat filters, control panel and backlight lamps, of course, remains open. Another thing is that it does not protrude anywhere, it is visible under the cabinet only if you lean (sit down). Some models of this format even work according to the technology of perimeter absorption of air.
Given the features of the current market filling, instability or the complete absence of deliveries from the EU, in this review, hoods intended for installation in the ceiling, as well as cut into the kitchen tabletop, will not be considered in this review. In wide sale, they are practically absent. Yes, what is there, due to the fabulous price, this format was not used to be massive before.
Installation of hoods
How to install an hood independently? The brief instruction presented below will help in the correct installation of equipment.
- Depending on the configuration, a household device will need to be mounted in a special box that is already available for hoods or it must be purchased independently. When ordering a cabinet, remember that it should not have a bottom.
- Pre.cut the hole of a certain diameter under the air duct in the upper cabinet cover. In the case of independent manufacture of this element, you should clearly adhere to the size of the hood, because it should easily fit in your home.made product.
- Using special fasteners and tools, the hood is installed quite quickly. As a rule, it is attached to the upper or middle shelf. If there are no shelves, then you can attach the device to the side walls. In this case, in the process of installation, the drawing panel must remain visible.
- Next, it is necessary to attach the duct passed through the hole in the upper cover. With the final fixation of the household appliance, attach the duct to the ventilation shaft and cut the excess before the fasteners.
- Install the cabinet above the hob.
- Connect the plug of the device to the power supply network (it is recommended to ground it before using the hood).
What are hoods?
Everyone has different kitchens, therefore, the technique for the kitchen is also unequal. Models can differ greatly from one another in design and functionality, type of mounting. Here are the main types of hoods that can be found in stores.
Suspended. Everything is simple here. the box itself with a filter and engine, and nothing more. Hung over the stove, does not require any connection to the ducts, that is, it works in the recirculation cycle.
Advantages: you have complete freedom of choice when installing a stove. Given that in modern new houses, the plates are usually electric, you can put yours in any place of the kitchen.
Disadvantages: such hoods, as a rule, have a weak motor and several filters requiring cleaning and replacing. The more filters, the more noise when passing air.
Built.in. The main feature of such models is that they organically integrate into the kitchen set and are not striking. These hoods can be both recirculation type and flow. If the air output is provided to the ventilation system, the box can be mounted inside the cabinet above the hood. it will turn out beautifully and neatly.
Advantages: they look organically in any kitchen, easily fit into the interior, can have a secretive connection to the ventilation system.
Disadvantages: are usually more expensive than suspended.
Dome. These are these most often in various cafes and restaurants. The dome hood resembles the upper part of the fireplace and necessarily has a connection with the ventilation system. The task of this model is not to purify the air, but to bring it out, so most often the easiest mechanical filter is used here.
Advantages: “polluted” air simply removes from the kitchen, with the help of a much more powerful engine than in suspended hoods. It is usually enough to wash the mechanical filter. you do not need to change it.
Disadvantages: a massive design that must be connected to the ventilation system. Some engines of such hoods are very noisy: you can’t turn it on at night.
Inclined. It would seem just a find, especially for studio apartments. But in fact, the only advantage of such hoods is the original appearance and a dozen “extra” centimeters before the head of the hostess standing at the stove. The engines in such models are usually low.power, and the specific form does not allow air to capture the air close to the cook. As a result of high.quality cleaning, you do not have to wait.
How to install an hood in the kitchen with your own hands
To ensure high.quality air purification, it is necessary not only to choose the right model, but also to perform its installation. Attention should be paid not only to the fastening quality, but also to the location of the device. It is important to know how to make hood in the kitchen, and in what sequence installation work is performed. This is able to influence the final result.
It is worth deciding in advance at what height to hang the hood. The value depends on the type of plate. If for gas equipment the minimum distance is 0.75 m, then for an electric stove. 0.65 m.
The minimum distance is regulated
How to hang an hood over a gas stove yourself
The height of the hood over the gas stove according to the standard 0.75 m. This is the minimum value that can be increased to the desired.
Advice! When determining the position of the device, you should focus not only on normative values, but also on the growth of the housewife.
If you are interested in how to correctly install an hood over a gas stove, then the work is performed in the following sequence:
- Determination of the position of the hood. Physical attachment of the device in accordance with its type;
- Connection of power supply. It is desirable that the outlet is located in the immediate vicinity of the device;
- Connection to the ventilation system.
Before choosing an hood for the kitchen, be sure to pay attention to the additional functionality, which will add convenience when using:
- Speed. The presence of several speeds on the hood for the kitchen. plus. You can select the desired mode depending on the cooking process. So, if there are several pots with food on the stove, then you need a speed larger. And if one pan. you can choose the first speed, the smallest. The more speeds are included, the level of noise from the device is higher;
- Motors. When choosing an hood for the kitchen, pay attention to how many motors in it. There is one or two. Exaches with two engines work faster, but at the same time more noisy and more spend energy;
- Lighting. often there are models with incandescent lamps and halogen lamps. The former give pleasant lighting, but spend a lot of electricity and requires frequent change. Therefore, it is better to choose halogen, which are smaller in size, but work with greater return and protect energy;
- Pollution indicator. There are in hoods with electronic control. A special icon appears on the display, which reports that it is necessary to replace the filter. Very convenient function for circulating hoods;
- Noise level. Depends on the design, the number of engines, the power of the device. The noise can also signal that the filters have clogged. Modern manufacturers hide motors in soundproofing boxes, so that the hoods began to work quieter.
Creator and editor of the Home-Tehno project. I devoted my whole life to technology and electronics, I collect and analyze everything that I can create reviews and make ratings, I will also answer any of your questions! Write: E-mail, Skype, VK.
The power of the hood
Power has a direct effect on the volume of remote or purified air in a specific time. Sanitary norms clearly refer to the need to stretch at least 10–12 m³/h. Next, you need to take the area of the kitchen part of the studio, multiply by 12 and add a supply of several percent if the stove operates on gas, and not on electricity. Thus, a small kitchen with an area of 7-10 square meters will require a model, the performance of which is approximately 400-500 m³/h.
LG Studio – Hood
Modern equipment includes different operating modes to regulate the speed of the motor and volume of air passing through the device.
Types of kitchen hoods
Depending on the area of the kitchen, its design, as well as the type of plate, select the type and design of the hood. Structurally, there are three main types of hoods:
- Suspended, or compact. light, low.power, universal devices designed both for circulating filtering and connecting to ventilation systems. They are installed on the walls above the plates and hobs. Can be straight or inclined.
- Built.in. a good option for a small kitchen. The design is built into a suspension cabinet, which also masks the diverted pipe. Their advantage is the lack of decor, compact dimensions, as well as a more affordable price compared to fireplace.
- Domole, or fireplace. powerful exhaust devices with high performance. Consist of a dome with filters, a fan and a detachment of a pipe connected to an air duct.
First of all, determine the possibilities of the room and suitable kitchen hoods, which is better to choose. Depending on the design of the kitchen and the location of the plate, the shape of the exhaust unit is selected.
In the configuration of hoods there are:
- prefabricated. mounted on the wall above the stove;
- corner. designed for placement in the corner;
- sliding, they are also telescopic. allow you to change the area of air absorption due to an additional retractable part;
- island. designed for fastening to the ceiling anywhere in the kitchen on a hard leg.
Separate island models can be adjusted in height due to the sliding structure of the legs.
For kitchens with an area of more than 12 square meters. m
For large kitchen rooms, you will have to choose hoods with a capacity of at least 650 cubic meters. M/h. They should be installed both in the kitchen studio and in a large dining room with the cooking area.
Elica Ciak Lux Gr/A/L/56
Built.in technique with very high performance. 700 cubic meters. m per hour enough for a kitchen with an area of at least 14–15 square meters. m The width required for installation is 558 mm, an aluminum filter is included, but coal can be used. Among the features of the model is a depth of only 28 cm in a folded state, LED lighting with two 2.5-watt light bulbs and an attractive design suitable for most rooms.
The hood operates in 3 high.speed modes, the settings are controlled, and electricity consumption does not exceed 0.12 kW. At the same time, the model has several disadvantages. the noise level at maximum performance exceeds 60 dB. Although in the usual state, when choosing the first or second speed, the noise load does not exceed the indicators recommended for the kitchen.
Zigmund Shtain K 142.6
Suspended model up to 1050 cubic meters. m per hour and thanks to a width of 600 mm, great for standard gas hobs of the same size. It is characterized by a powerful electric motor and an enlarged case, as well as an inclined installation, which can save space during installation.
The model has as many as 5 speed modes, there is an indicator of the need to replace the filter and an anti.breeding valve, two LED lamps are used for lighting.
Among the features of the model are 3 years of guarantees, during which all repair work is carried out for free, and another 2 years, when the owner will have to pay only repairs, but not spare parts. And also. control using an electronic lighting handle.