Unpleasant odor in the refrigerator. We eliminate easily and simply
Even the cleanest refrigerator does not always fragrant freshness. We talk about how to get rid of the smell in the refrigerator, about the causes of its occurrence and methods of prevention.
In a closed space, extraneous aromas appear quickly and are deeply eaten into plastic and rubber parts. There may be several causes of an unpleasant odor:
- Incorrect storage of products. The “soul” of raw fish, garlic or fried meat is well absorbed and difficult to get out.
- The presence of a damaged product with a rotten smell.
- The clogged drain hole inside the chamber. The drainage tube, inside which is blockage, does not remove moisture, and therefore reduces the effectiveness of technology.
- Compressor breakdown. which does not work at full capacity and spoils products in the freezer.
- Poor fit of the seals to the refrigerator door, making the temperature in it above.
- Accumulated condensate. increasing the risk of mold.
- Malfunction. which can only be determined and eliminated by a specialist. One of the most common problems is the failed fan.
How to remove the smell?
To get rid of the unpleasant odor in the refrigerator, you should use any of the listed methods. Both modern cleaning compositions and folk remedies will help. What are more effective and safe. you decide, because most synthetic fresheners include both natural and chemical additives that can settle on food and utensils.
On the shelves of household stores today you can find many devices that disguise an unpleasant aroma: these are various sprays, ionizers, gel granules and plastic indicators.
Using modern smell absorbers need to be in line with the instructions:
- The spray is sprayed on the surface, withstands for several minutes and wiped with matter.
- The Ionizer cleaner destroys bacteria and enriches the internal environment with oxygen, reducing the likelihood of damage to products.
- The container in the form of an egg acts as an absorbent and requires replacement after 3 months.
The listed funds can remove the smell from the refrigerator, but without cleaning they will not be able to cope with its source. The fastest and most effective way is to thoroughly wipe the external and inner surfaces of the refrigerator and clean the drainage tube.
If you decide to do with folk methods, in the fight against the smell in the refrigerator, ordinary baking soda is suitable. In one liter of warm water, you need to dilute 2 tablespoons of matter and wipe the shelves and walls.
In order for soda to absorb unwanted aromas, pour it into a wide container and refrigerate. You need to change a homemade odor absorber about once a month.
Another method tested by the hostesses is 20 activated coal tablets. They should be crushed to a powder state and pour into a cup. The container must be put on the shelf of the refrigerator and changed at least once a month.
By the way, a purchased absorber of 95% consists of granules of activated coal, so its action is no different from crushed tablets.
A solution of vinegar is a less gentle method for getting rid of odors, since too concentrated acid can damage the surface of household appliances. It is enough to dilute vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 1 and wipe an empty and clean refrigerator.
After the procedure, we recommend leaving the doors open for a couple of hours.
It has the same effect as vinegar: it relieves smell in the refrigerator and requires ventilation. In addition, ammonia destroys microbes, mold and fungus, leaves no traces.
To obtain a solution, it is necessary to dilute a few drops of alcohol per liter of water, and then wipe the freezer, shelves, seals, walls and boxes.
Fragrant coffee mesh, buzz or a glass of soluble drink also successfully absorb unpleasant odors. The grains can be slightly fried, poured into a small container and put on the shelf for the whole night. A few hours later the smell will leave.
We do not recommend placing hot foods in the refrigerator, since temperature changes do not affect the technique.
To eliminate a persistent odor, the procedure should be repeated several times.
The used tea bags also absorb an undesirable “soul”. All that is needed is to lay them on the shelves and leave them for several hours. The only negative is that the bags do not look too aesthetically pleasing.
Onions, apple, potatoes and rye loaf
These products, cut in half, also have the ability to absorb odors. But such a solution is suitable only as a temporary measure. you will have to throw away natural fresheners once every several days. A black loaf will also help. you just need to cut the loaf into small slices and put them on the shelves of the refrigerator.
So that the crumbs do not show off, we recommend using saucers or napkins.
Rice, salt and sugar
Raw rice grains, as well as salt or sugar will be found in every house. They will not only help to eliminate the unpleasant odor in the refrigerator, but also prevent the appearance of a new. Group, salt or sugar must be placed in a plate and there will soon be no trace of unpleasant aroma and soon.
If you want to use this method, pour products into the container and leave in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
Non.layer smells can be eliminated with the help of orange or grapefruit. Lemon slices laid out on plates and put on shelves will help to refresh the refrigerator more effectively. A tissue napkin soaked in lemon juice is also suitable: it needs to wipe the insides of the device.
The first and main way to start is a thorough washing of the refrigerator. Without it, even the best absorptions of smells will save only from the consequences, and not from the problem itself. Disconnect the refrigerator from the network, lay out and at the same time review the products, put them in a cooler bag or on the balcony.
With a soft sponge, all the walls, take out and wash the shelves with a tray, clean the joints and seals with a brush. You can take a regular soap solution or special detergents (delicate and without abrasives). Thoroughly dry everything and wipe with dry towels, so that there is no water left anywhere in the corners.
Distude vinegar with water in half and wipe all the surfaces after you wash them with soap. To protect your hands from an aggressive solution, put on household gloves. After processing, open the window in the kitchen and dry the refrigerator with an open door so that a characteristic sharp vinegar smell leaves.
Ammonia destroys bacteria, removes extraneous smells and washing the remaining spots. To make the solution, into a liter of water, pour a spoon of ammonia and mix. Soak the sponge in the liquid, wipe all the contents of the refrigerator and ventilate.
How to get rid of the smell of cat urine in the apartment?
How to remove an unpleasant odor from the refrigerator with folk remedies
In order to quickly remove obsessive odors in the refrigerator at home, use odor.absorbers, solutions, aerosols. If the kitchen does not want to use drugs, turn to effective and safe folk recipes.
How to wash the refrigerator inside to destroy the smell
To remove the smell from the refrigerator without a trace after rotten products, the household appliance is thoroughly washed. Equipment is disconnected from the mains. Exempted from products, simultaneously check the expiration dates, throw out overdue. Before starting to wash the refrigerator from smell and dirt, take out and clean the boxes, remove the shelves. Thoroughly wipe the seal, pallet, walls.
Household home remedies will help to cope with the problem
Citric acid or lemon
It is easy to get rid of the smells if the device is cleaned from the inside with a lemon. To do this, the juice (powder) is diluted with water (ethyl alcohol). At the same time, a saucer with a freshly cleaned skin or a slice of citrus is put on a shelf. this will enhance the effect of juice. The tool even eliminates the stench that comes from spoiled fish semi.finished products.
Shelves, seals and walls are wiped off with diluted ammonia (1 l pour in 1 table. l. ammonia). The caustic substance irritates the skin and mucous membranes, so gloves, respirator are put on before work, open the window.
Antiseptic removes dirt, eliminates even the “aroma” of rotten fish, spoiled meat semi.finished products. Hydrogen peroxide abundantly moisten the walls. When the cleansing reaction stops, and the substance will cease to bubble, the second layer of the drug is applied (if the smell is persistent, the surgery is repeated 3-4 times). Then the walls are washed, wiped with a dry flannel. The same method process sealing gaskets, grooves, retractable components.
Additional Information! A bubble with hydrogen peroxide is kept closed, t. to. the substance quickly decomposes into water and oxygen, loses antiseptic properties.
How To Cure Itching Near Private Parts | Itchy Groin Area Home Remedy
A solution of potassium permanganate is used as an additional antibacterial agent after washing the refrigerator. Crystals are diluted with warm water. The inner surfaces are laundered with raspberry liquid. If the stench is preserved, the concentration of the solution is enhanced, the procedure is repeated.
Universal purifiers and absorptions of odors
A solution of vinegar
Dining vinegar is diluted with warm water in a ratio of 1: 1. The inside of the technique is wiped with liquid, capturing inaccessible places, corners and joints of parts. This method eliminates even a persistent stink.
Sodium bicarbonate does not mask, but neutralizes the stench. The substance delicately cleanses the plastic of dirt and microbes, does not cause allergic reactions. To prepare a solution of soda, take 1 liter of warm water and 2 table. l. powder. Cameras, removable parts, fasteners are washed with liquid, then rinse and dry.
To prepare a cleanser, the following components are mixed:
To remove the “darling” on the regiment of the unit, put an open package or a glass with a solution of soda (every 2 to 3 months are replaced with fresh). Such techniques destroy the spores of the fungus, create adverse conditions for the development of pathogenic microflora.
Unserfounded bars. an effective remedy that disinfects the surface that removes the amber from the home refrigerator. The insides are wiped with a soaped sponge, washed off with water. The procedure is repeated 1. 3 times.
If you add 250 ml of water to 200 g of soap shavings and 4 tables. l. baking soda, you will get a washing liquid that will destroy microbes and pollution. Together with the mud, the “soul” will disappear, the original color of the walls will return.
Reference! After wet processing, the door for 2 to 4 hours is left open for ventilation.
What to put inward
Extraneous smells will disappear if you put flavorings or adsorbents in the refrigerator.
The porous surface easily absorbs smells of undisguised salad bowls and pots. They wash the apple, cut into slices, remove the core, laid it on shelves. The dried fruit is thrown away.
Apple slices absorb odors
So that there is no strong smell, rosettes filled with chopped tablets or wood coal put on the shelves. The substance easily absorbs smells, so it needs to be replaced after 3-4 weeks. After the first use, the portion of the powder is heated in the oven for 10. 15 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees to restore the properties of coal.
To clean the device from a stench left by the medicine or spoiled products, use the bulb cut into 2 parts. This option is rarely used, t. to. the onion also smells sharply. But the spirit of the vegetable quickly disappears, simultaneously taking away extraneous “aromas”.
The cleaned root crop is divided into parts, put on a plate, placed in a stench area. After that, the air will become fresh.
Food products are good adsorbents
The method proven by older generations is used to prevent the appearance of a “darling”. Stewers with pieces of rye loaf are placed on the shelves.
Fresh orange or lemon skin interrupts the bad smell from the refrigerator, which appeared 1. 2 days ago. Against persistent “aromas” citruses are powerless. Dried peel is thrown away, replaced by fresh.
The products absorb not only odors and moisture, but can also work as odorans
Simple but effective method. In the refrigerator, leave a bowl with a poured substance. Natural absorbents will take out a stench per day.
How to get rid of the smell in the freezer
Often stinks of freezer with meat or fish stored without packaging. The decaying semi-finished products select a hydrogen sulfide or ammonia, due to which a persistent stink appears. To eliminate the stench, spoiled and unimaginated foods are thrown out. The freezer is defrosted. The only way to get rid of the “darling” is to rinse the walls, the door, the seal and removable parts with a safe tool:
It is useful to find out, read:. How to get rid of the unpleasant smell of meat at home and save the product.
Thoroughly wipe the treated surfaces, capturing areas under the seal. Pour the water running into the pallet. After 1. 3 hours, after ventilation, they load packaged fresh products. The shelves are placed on the shelves aromators or crumpled paper, which is removed every other day.
Regular cleaning will bring a great result, and budget home funds are good assistants
Reference! Carefully clean and ventilate plastic parts, drawers, removable shelves: polymeric materials quickly absorb and retain smells.
Picture. How to remove the smell from your refrigerator
H2 126.96.36.199.0.- A useful table!
Why does the smell of rot in the refrigerator appear and how to get rid of it? So it turns out if a liquid stagnates somewhere or moisture accumulates. Or a piece of spoiled meat product was stuck (how to wash the smell of meat, read a little higher).
Mold must be removed immediately. Use a whiteness or ammonia for this.
- Ammonia. Fights with a black fungus and yellow spots, if the refrigerator is already old. Wipe the pollution of a wool moistened in alcohol thoroughly. Do not forget to wear rubber gloves! After 30 minutes wipe these places with a clean wet rag.
- Belicia solution. Mix 1 part of the bleach and 10 parts of water.
Favorite places of mold. under the elastic bands and at the mouth of the drain holes. Pay attention to them when cleaning the “white friend”.
How to care for the refrigerator correctly
A strong persistent soul appears where little attention is paid to the refrigerator, so.
- Follow cleanliness in the refrigerator. Spilled soup, compote; Remove the crumbs and other dirt at once. getting rid of such minor troubles saves from the appearance of a persistent oven.
- Check and wipe the space under the elastic of the doors (but so as not to damage it).
- Rubber seals cannot be washed with vinegar. If the elastic bands have lost elasticity, wipe them with olive oil.
- Once a quarter, conduct a general cleaning of the White Friend. Defrost him. After defrosting thoroughly and dry up. both the refrigerator itself and the freezer itself.
- For washing the refrigerator, improvised products are used-the same soda, vinegar 9% (2-3 tablespoons per liter of water), lemon juice diluted with water.
- Shelves and other refrigerator filling are washed when all this is warm to room temperature, or under warm (not hot!) water.
- After washing, the refrigerator is wiped dry and then still dried, opening, several hours.
During the defrosting of the freezer, you have to put the products stored there somewhere. The easiest way is to put them in a basin, cover them with polyethylene (to protect against condensate), cover with a thick cotton blanket on top. If there is no such blanket, wrap the pelvis in the newspapers and also cover with a blanket or a thick towel. It is very comfortable!
Newspapers-magnificent protection-insulator from temperature drops. After defrosting, the products will be covered with condensate. Just decompose them into new plastic bags, without removing from old packaging.
How to remove the smell from the refrigerator at home quickly and wash the unit correctly? Do not forget about important trifles and act according to plan:
- Remove the electric fork of the refrigerator from the outlet.
- Get all the products. Put the freezing into the basins, cover with blankets and newspapers so that the products do not thaw. I defrost the refrigerator in the winter, at minus temperature, when freezing can be taken out into the street. Or I do this when the refrigerator is almost empty.
- Marking all compartments with a warm soda solution (1 teaspoon of soda per liter of water). Or other detergents (see the list below).
- Be sure to wash all critical places (about which for some reason they forget about for some reason): a zone of freshness for meat, fish; Vegetable boxes; containers; under the rims, sealing elastic bands, in the cavities of the handles and so on.
- Wipe all surfaces dry, using clean cotton rags. Ideally. waffle towel.
- Ventilate washed, wiped clean refrigerator for 2-3 hours. Leave the doors open.
How to wash the refrigerator
How to wash the refrigerator from the smell inside at home? For the preventive washing of the refrigerator, weak solutions of vinegar, soda, ammonia are used (1 teaspoon per liter of water), or the following recipes:
- Baking soda. Prepare a solution of 1 teaspoon of soda and liter of warm water.
- Soap. Since the fragrances also smell (and in the refrigerator their aroma is inappropriate), take soap without smell: childish, hypoallergenic and the like). The same applies to household soap: I don’t know what it smells, but his stagnant amber can kill on the spot. Do not do it this way!
- Vodka. You will need a weak solution based on warm water.
- Vodka gel for dishes. Dilute a few drops of gel in water, add 5 ml of vodka.
Or choose a recipe from the section on folk remedies.
Our grandmothers washed the refrigerator with mustard powder. On the one hand, it is logical, on the other. well, how it will clog in the cracks? I think it will be more correct to steam mustard powder with boiling water, defend and drain the water. She and wash the “white friend”.
NO Frost refrigerator
These units have a function of self.defense. That is, the hostess does not need to turn off and clean the freezer, remove the ice.
However, such a refrigerator also needs to be washed, because the smell accumulates, bacteria do not go anywhere. Manufacturers do not allow such units to develop temperatures, so the refrigerators of No Frost are defrosting in a special way:
- Install the cold sensor in the middle position.
- Disconnect the refrigerator from the mains.
- Defrosting the refrigerator at room temperature without opening the door. It will take 3-4 hours.
- Wait until the ice is melted on your own (if it is). In no case are the ice.
- Wipe the surfaces inside any of the detergents.
- Dry the refrigerator, ventilate.
Table. Unpleasant odor in the refrigerator No Frost (No Frost)
Removing a stench that has come
Polymers have an unpleasant feature to quickly absorb various aromas, which can be removed with great difficulty. It is especially difficult to get rid of a stench that absorbed from rotten meat and spoiled fish, which happens when electricity is turned off during a long absence of owners.
To correct the situation, first of all you need to turn off the refrigerator and get rid of products. After that, it is necessary to carefully treat its inner and outer surface with water with vinegar or washing.
Particular attention should be paid to the following elements:
It is also advisable to push the equipment to rinse the floor well, while it is better to use special drugs to neutralize odors.
With strong “fragrance”, it is recommended to repeat the procedure repeatedly at least 2-5 days, while the refrigerator door, as well as the window in the room, is better to leave open.
If the stench is not removed even after regular flushing, it is necessary to disassemble the waste. It is better to entrust this operation, contacting the service center.
At least twice a year, it is necessary to carry out a complete defrosting of the device. The main working camera is recommended to clean weekly
After processing, it is advisable to put on each shelf a saucer with adsorbing agents and/or place flavorings.
With pronounced stench, it is better to give preference to industrial drugs that have a more pronounced effect.
Getting rid of mold and its fragrance
Many troubles are caused by moldy fungi, the colonies of which can settle in the refrigerator. They are not only sources of non-aesthetic spots and a musty spirit, but can also cause allergies, diseases of the respiratory system and the gastrointestinal tract.
To independently get rid of mold, you can use a combination of soda and vinegar. It is enough to wipe the surface with a soda solution, and then apply a vinegar solution; Rinse the mixture preferably after a while. It is better to dry the processed shelves and walls with an ultraviolet lamp or hairdryer with a stream of hot air
Since the smell of mold is quickly eaten into plastic, even after its excretion, you should use adsorbents and/or flavorings.
When processing surfaces, funds made on the basis of toxic substances, for example, copper sulfate should not be used. In this case, even thorough washing does not guarantee the safety of products.
Tips for getting rid of an unpleasant odor from the refrigerator:
- Before proceeding to remove the smell, the refrigerator must be devastated and washed thoroughly with soap water, remove all the garbage from it;
- Working with ammonia and other strongly smelling substances, it is necessary to observe precautions. to protect the respiratory organs, use the mask, and put gloves on their hands;
- If no way helped to cope with an unpleasant odor, then it is necessary to check the drain hole-it is possible that it was clogged, which is why it became source of persistent aroma;
- The smell of burning is not a reason for washing the refrigerator, but the basis for checking its technical serviceability, most likely, there are problems with wires or components.
reasons for the appearance of Ambre
A poor aroma in the refrigerator can be associated with the following reasons:
|Cause||Description of the situation||What to do before using special tools from unpleasant odor|
|New refrigerator||For household appliances, which has not yet been operated, the smells of plastic, metal, lubrication are inherent in||Improte|
|Zasor of the drain hole||The hole was clogged or blocked by the objects inside||Clean the blockage|
|Spoiled products||The missing food forgotten on the shelf is the most common reason||Remove spoiled products|
|Storage of products without packaging||Even fresh, unspoiled foods are able to exude a strong smell||All products should be contained in the package|
|Incorrectly set temperature in the refrigerator||Too high for normal storage of products temperature||Requent adjustment is required|
|Mold||A neglected state of the inside of the refrigerator, and the rapid development of pathogenic microorganisms||Washing the inner part with the use of products from mold and anti.bacterial|
|Violation of the ventilation system||As a result, the accumulation of unpleasant odors||Required repair|
Without eliminating the very cause of the unpleasant odor, the use of special tools will be ineffective.
TOP of the best drugs to remove unpleasant aroma
After determining the cause of the problem and its elimination, it is necessary to use special drugs. This will refresh the air inside the refrigerator.
The SmellOFF TM Smell, can be used in the kitchen not only for processing the refrigerator, but also to clean the air from burned food, in time the bin and t in time.D.
The principle of operation of this tool is not to disguise, but to neutralize unpleasant odors at the molecular level.
For processing the refrigerator:
- Disable the device from the network.
- If the surfaces are dirty, they must be cleaned before the use of a special smelloff agent.
- Treat all surfaces with the drug, including seals.
- Leave for ventilation for 12-24 hours.
If the result is not achieved the first time, the processing must be repeated.
- Suitable for both domestic and professional use;
- high efficiency;
- pH-neutral composition;
- simplicity of use;
- the drug is made on water.based;
- does not harm the kitchen surfaces;
- produced in various volumes;
- does not contain toxic ingredients.
Selena. a refrigerator washing a refrigerator with an antibacterial effect. Manufacturer. produced in bottles of 500 ml.
Fridge Making Loud Noise and How To Fix It
- Elimination of an unpleasant odor.
- Cleaning surfaces.
- Antibacterial effect.
- Not toxic composition.
- Prevention of mold.
- Available remedy.
- Without severe aroma.
Unicum is produced in the formula and under the control of the Israeli company. The drug allows you to carry out comprehensive care for the refrigerator. eliminate pollution and remove unpleasant odors without masking them. The composition has an absorber.
Disadvantages: Read high reviews here and here.
Premium House production with antibacterial effect. The drug is produced in recognizable packaging with a characteristic design of the sticker.
- Elimination of unpleasant odors.
- Elimination of pollution.
- Safety of application.
- Contains an antibacterial component.
The refrigerator cleaner goes on sale in bottles of 750 ml. He fights with unpleasant odors and cleanses the surfaces outside and inside.
- Drags may remain on smooth glossy surfaces;
- With old dried spots, the first time may not be able to cope;
- a rather big price;
- strong smell.
What should not be used?
In the process of cleaning the refrigerator, and eliminating unpleasant odors, it is recommended to take into account the following prohibitions:
- You should not leave any cleaning product just dry. it needs to be washed off, especially on the elastic band of the seal.
- You can not try to clean with the use of abrasives with a hard surface, since it is possible to damage the surface of the refrigerator.
- The seal should not be rubbed intensively, so as not to damage.
- You can not use air extensor in aerosols and other products that are not designed to process kitchen appliances inside the refrigerator.
- You can not wash the glass shelf with hot water, just pulled out of the refrigerator, you should wait until it becomes room temperature. Otherwise the glass may burst.
The following advice of specialists will help to clean the refrigerator qualitatively and eliminate unpleasant odors:
- Sealing rubber incorporates smells well, so, too, like the whole refrigerator, it needs to be cleaned.
- It is more convenient to clean the sealing rubber with an old toothbrush.
- Natural absorbers of unpleasant odors are well suited as a means of prevention.
- Getting to wash the refrigerator, attention must be paid to all shelves and boxes. For the convenience of processing, it is advisable to pull them out and wash separately.
- At the end of processing, all the plane should be dry before connecting the device and fill it with products. Moisture remaining inside can also lead to the appearance of a specific unpleasant shy aroma.
- Do not store spoiled products in the refrigerator that can become source of repulsive aroma.
- It is advisable to organize products in hermetically closing containers. This is especially important regarding very aromatic dishes.
- If the disconnected refrigerator needs to be left for a long time, then you must first remove all the products, and the door itself does not close tightly.
- The refrigerator should not be placed in the yet cooled food, as this not only harms the compressor of the device, but also helps to spoil the products.
In addition to the use of folk recipes, special purchased drugs designed to care for the refrigerator can also help from unpleasant odor.
You will find methods and means to eliminate the smell in the refrigerator in this section.