Which blender is better: submersible or stationary, we understand the options
Opening a culinary book, you can see a variety of recipes with various instructions. The ingredients need to be cut, chopped, rubbed, and also brought to the consistency of mashed potatoes. One device can cope with all these tasks. blender.
Which blender is better to choose. submersible or stationary? In this article it will become known how both options differ and which is better.
Which blender is better to choose, immersive or stationary?
In fact, the best blender is the one that is more suitable for your needs. Let’s look at each type in turn.
- Submissive bleeders consist of a plastic or metal “handle” with an internal engine and a rotating nozzle (there may be several). Grinds, mixes and whips the submersible blender in any container (yours or the one that is attached to the device). Pros: compactness, mobility, the ability to process small portions, the ability to independently change the position of the knife (unlike stationary models), multifunctionality due to the presence of nozzles of various purposes. It turns out that one submersible blender can replace a kitchen combine, a coffee grinder, a meat grinder, a mixer, a push for mashed potatoes, etc.
Carrots chopped by chips and slices using an additional nozzle of submersible blender
Cons: a submersible blender must be kept (however, this is not so difficult, since the device works quickly); With careless handling, the contents of the container may be sprayed. Who should choose a submersible blender: those who cook cocktails/soups most often from soft vegetables/fruits/berries, those who often need to cook small portions (for example, fresh baby food for the child), owners of small kitchens.
- Stationary blends consist of a jug with a knife at the bottom and a base with a motor. Pros: the work of the blender almost does not require your participation; It is much more convenient to cook soups and drinks at once for several people, and then immediately pour them into glasses. A stationary blender is cheaper than submersible, it is easier to care for it, since most models have a self.cleaning function. Cons: its main drawback is the inability to prepare small portions (most often the volume of the product should be more than 250 ml). In comparison with the submersible blender, the stationary apparatus is more bulky. Who should choose a stationary blender: those who often prepare cocktails and smoothies, and in large numbers. For athletes, vegetarians and just people who adhere to a healthy lifestyle, this device is simply indispensable.
How to choose a stationary blender
The power of stationary blends varies from 250 to 1,500 watts.
If you cook mostly soups and smoothies, you will have 300-500 watts. 600 W is enough to perform most tasks.
If you often need to grind nuts, frozen berries and ice, it is better to choose a blender with a capacity of 750–900 watts. To knead the dough, a device with a capacity of at least 1,000 watts will come in handy.
Speeds and modes
Stationary blends usually have from 1 to 20 speeds. The presence of different speed modes is convenient. At low speed, you can get large pieces, and at high the consistency of mashed potatoes. However, to overpay for many speeds to nothing.
A stationary blender with 2-4 speeds will cope with most household tasks.
If you often use a blender and grind different products, other modes will come in handy: turbo and impulse. With the first you will get maximum speed, and with the second, avoid overheating of the device.
Type and material of knives
A stationary blender can have one or two knives. The more knives, the faster it will turn out to chop the products.
In shape, knives are straight and curved. The latter mix the products more carefully. So choose them, if you often need a homogeneous mass.
Stainless steel knives are not afraid of corrosion and will last more than one year.
Volume and material of the bowl
The larger the bowl, the more products you can grind at a time. When choosing, it should be borne in mind that a useful volume is less than a nominal for approximately 200-300 ml.
In a bowl of 1.5–2 liters, it is convenient to prepare soups and drinks for several people. A liter bowl is enough for cooking baby food.
Choose a widespread bowl. It is more convenient to wash it.
The bowl can be plastic, glass or metal.
Plastic bowls are light and comfortable, and bleeders are usually cheaper than the rest. If you do not need to often grind hot products, you can choose such a jug.
The glass bowl is more wear.resistant, does not scratch and allows you to process hot ingredients. However, such a jug is easy to break.
The metal bowl does not beat, does not scratch and allows you to grind hot, but it costs more than the previous ones. Another minus is opaque, which prevents you from observing the grinding process.
The main criteria for choosing a submersible blender
You can choose the best option according to the main technical criteria. The most suitable copy will become an indispensable assistant for every housewife.
Modern devices differ in the power of the motor, which varies in the interval from 150 to 1300 watts:
- Low.based grinders up to 300 W cope with soft foods, boiled vegetables, fruits. Using a low.power model, you can cook delicious mashed potatoes;
- Medimovical devices operate in the range from 300 to 650 watts, they effectively process meat and frozen ingredients, but it is unlikely that a homogeneous minced meat is obtained. Such a device only grind the meat components well;
- Powerful equipment with a capacity of 700 to 1300 watts copes with absolutely any products. It is crushed by coffee grains, frozen berries, nuts, fresh vegetables and fruits. With the help of such a device, it is possible to obtain mixtures of the necessary consistency. The aggregate with a capacity of more than 1000 watts copes with even dense dough.
Our Top-Rated Immersion Blender
Healthy! When choosing submersible equipment according to power indicators, you need to pay attention to the options that it should execute. For the preparation of baby food, mashed potatoes and jams, a minimum power is enough. To stab ice, knead the dough and grind hard products, it is necessary to give preference to powerful blends whose performance parameters exceed the indicator of 1000 W.
The length of the wire
So that the grinding process does not cause discomfort, you need to pay attention to the length of the cord, because the unit is constantly in the hand during operation. If the wire is short, you can apply the extension cord, but why do unnecessary manipulations, when it is easier to immediately choose the required wire length.
Submersible blender has a speed range from 2 to 24. The optimal amount is considered 4-8 switching levels. The main requirement in this criterion is the presence of a special button for smooth speed control. In separate models there is a turbojetting that is not particularly important for use at home.
Weight and noise
Since a submersible blender is a manual device, preference must be given to light specimens, not very tiring hand. As regards the sounds made in the process, the equipment must be purchased after checking it.
Modern technologies make it possible to produce high.quality plastic parts that have been serving for a long time. Such material does not contain harmful components and is absolutely safe for human health. The plastic case and nozzles are easily cleaned of pollution, individual elements are laundered in dishwashers. The disadvantage of the device made of plastic is considered restrictions in the temperature mode. It is not recommended to be used for too hot products.
Stainless metal devices are durable in use. In the process of grinding solid components, obvious mechanical damage does not appear. With inaccurate use, metal nozzles and the case do not break from a strong blow and fall. The life of the unit made of high.quality metal is longer than from plastic.
Plastic case metal nozzle
Important! It must be remembered that before cleaning the equipment, the electric part is required to be turned off from the network, observing safety precautions. The element with the engine cannot be washed under water so as not to reduce the period of use.
A stationary electric socket
Most of the kitchen apparatus works from the network. Connection of the electrical appliance occurs using a long wire isolated from moisture. Such specimens are used by most housewives.
Separate blender models can work in autonomous mode. If necessary, process products in a place where there is nowhere to connect to the network, you should choose a technique operating from the battery.
Modern units are equipped with a different number of nozzles. A functional device due to their components can cope with various options.
A long nozzle with knives located in recesses is made of plastic or metal. Each of them has its own pros and cons of. The plastic “leg” can be deformed when connecting with boiling water, burst when falling. The metal nozzle over time is covered with spots. But preference is better to give the details made of metal. The main criterion for choosing a handle is the length and convenience.
Such a nozzle is necessary for high.quality whipping and mixing dough of different densities. There are several types:
Comfortable container with sinter knives inside, a dense lid. It can be included with one wing knife or various grinders for ice stooping, small components, slices.
A small container with an internal knife, which is designed to process coffee grains, spices and small ingredients.
Additional element with which air from containers is removed. There is one or two capacities in the kit with the device.
Nozzles Using a blender Grinding vegetables cooking a dish
What parameters should you pay attention to before buying?
If the choice fell on a submersible blender, you should ask the seller before buying or independently study the features of the technique.
So much more chances not to lose with the purchase, having bought the device that really helps in cooking, and will not add inconvenience culinary culinary.
When choosing a device, you should pay attention to power, this is an important criterion for blends. If the unit works slowly, the chance of overheating is much higher than that of the device with high power.
Also, small power will not cope with solid products, or leave lumps in the texture. Companies produce bleeders with a capacity of 140 watts, but these are more suitable for cooking smoothies. If the power is at least 450 watts, then the device will cope with most tasks, its breakdown is likely if the user sets an overwhelming task for the device.
If the culinary specialist needs to grind nuts, chop ice, make minced meat, then the power of the equipment should be 600-800 watts.
Number of speeds
In various models, from 1 to 30 speeds are built.in, the higher the speed, the better the blender grows food. It is better to alternate speed from the lowest to high, the texture of the product will depend on this.
The technique with many speeds is more useful to professional cooks, and in home use a device with 5-8 speeds is suitable.
Turbo.resisting technique is the highest speed and is used at the final stage to get rid of lumps.
Additional pulse regime is useful for grinding harder products, thanks to pauses between grinding, the device does not overheat.
The standard configuration has a submersible handle with a knife, a bowl with a blade in the middle and a whisk for whipping. In addition to ordinary nozzles in certain models, there are a variety of nozzles for more complex tasks in cooking.
- Submissive handle-designed for grinding and mixing soft products, cooking soups and cocktails. Usually has two blades, but there are models with a large number of nozzles;
- Chopper bowl-standardly has one blade at the bottom for chopping nuts, ice codes, cooking minced meat or grinding vegetables. Suitable for frozen products if it has high power;
- Venko. mixing and shaking, preparation of creams, whipped cream or proteins for desserts, you can mix dense dough if it has the right nozzle. A conventional whisk is suitable for preparing pancake dough;
- mill. grinds hard products such as coffee, spices, garlic and sugar grains. It is a small bowl with a knife at a bottom of 0.05-0.7 ml;
- Vacuum pump. allows you to maintain freshness of products in food catiners or bags, when using it, products are stored longer;
- Puree nozzle. instead of metal for a knife, plastic is used, which does not turn potatoes into an adhesive mass, and evenly rubs it at low speed. Thanks to this, mashed potatoes are more air;
Nozzles for a submersible handle and the handle itself should be made of stainless steel. They are not damaged when cooking with hot products, and more wear.resistant.
Such handles are used in the process of cooking, when the soup is still boiling, but it already needs to be turned into mashed potatoes. The handle case can be made of plastic, here users rely only to their taste.
Overheating protection system
Saves equipment from unwanted breakdown, when overheating or overload, the device turns off. The technique must be given cool and can be used again.
Type of power
If the place in the kitchen allows, and the outlet is in an accessible place, it is recommended to take a device with the type of power from the network.
The cord can interfere with the first time, however, wireless models differ in low power and duration of work for about 30 minutes, after which the equipment is put on a charge that reaches about 3-4 hours, which is not always convenient for the user.
The size of the bowl
Cups in the configuration are from 0.35 to 2.2 liters. When purchasing a small bowl, it is worth remembering that it is not suitable for grinding a large amount of food or liter soup.
It is also not so convenient to cook minced meat in small bowls. It is better to choose the best option from 0.8 ml for a variety of tasks.
Types of blends and their description
The combined blends stand apart. They can be immersion and stationary and always combine many functions.
Stationary blends: pros and cons of
Stationary standard blender is an excellent solution for most modern kitchens. Technique is an ideal assistant in the preparation of many dishes. It makes it possible to minimize the time of time for kitchen affairs, as well as make the diet of a variety. In particular, these units are suitable for large families when the speed of cooking plays a role.
The design of the device contains three important elements:
- The case is installed on a stable base, inside it there is an engine with a drive option;
- The grinding knife is placed in the middle part of the device, it is the main functionality of the device;
- The schematic part is a tall, often narrow bowl with a lid, designed to immerse different products for whipping, grinding.
Knives in the configuration. one or more. They are needed for cutting, whipping.
Among the important advantages of working with stationary devices, buyers note:
- Lack of need to keep the device in the hand. With functioning, the devices occupy the most stable position. Also, they do not need to be fixed during operation;
- Comfort in the work, the “nose” allows the prepared mass to quickly pour into the prepared dishes;
- Modern models effectively chop ice, knock down a liquid dough, so the user is spared from a pile of dirty dishes.
Stationary models are very convenient to work
- the inability to crush herbs. the device simply smears it along the walls of the glass;
- Dimensions. in apartments with a small area there is no place for placing a device in cabinets or on shelves.
What is a stationary type blender?
A stationary blender is a device that consists of a special bowl of a certain volume, cutting elements, lid, electrical mechanism, which is responsible for the effectiveness of the entire device.
The stationary is installed completely on the work surface, it is stable, reliable. This device allows you to more efficiently and quickly grind products, create homogeneous consistency, make smoothies, pastes, cocktails, salads, etc.
For use, you do not need to hold the device in your hands, the food is plunged into the bowl, and the knife that is previously installed is cut after turning on. This is the main difference between a submersible and stationary blender. Professional stationary models on the market more. About other differences and which is better read in the second half of the article.
КАКОЙ БЛЕНДЕР ВЫБРАТЬ: погружной или стационарный? Советы (COMFY)
Features of the inpatient device, the specifics of the work, the scope of application
- The stationary blender has a fairly simple design, but it needs to be collected longer than submersible. First, the support is installed, then the bowl into which the necessary knife is immersed. Subsequently, in order to change the knife, you need to remove the bowl and, of course, first turn off the device from the power;
- Such a device is easily controlled, it does not need to be held with your hands, it is advisable only to hold the bowl. When the grinding is over, the device is turned off from the outlet and open, and then the crushed products are taken out;
- Lumps and not cut pieces remain a minimum amount, paste and thick creams can be easily created.
Conclusion and conclusions
When comparing two types of blends, it becomes clear that each of them has an advantage in something, and in some ways inferior. In terms of power and speed of rotation, submersible blends are inferior to stationary. If we compare the models of submersible and stationary blends of the same power, the stationary will win in such a comparison, primarily due to the convenience of using.
The presence of stationary blends of a closing bowl for processing products, which excludes spraying the ingredients in the kitchen, is a plus. But the possibility of a submersible blender to work in any container, and not just in a special bowl, is its advantage over a stationary. Also, a plus of submersible blender can be called a considerable number of various interchangeable nozzles sold complete with most models.
Therefore, when deciding to purchase such a kitchen device as a blender, the buyer should be guided by his own requirements for the abilities and capabilities of the apparatus, to know how often he will use this type of kitchen technique, in what volumes and what exactly is supposed to be prepared and, accordingly, choose an assistant In the kitchen.