Mode 5: lower fan heat
The principle of this mode is the same as that of theThe lower element, but cooking is more rapid. The heat from the bottom underneathis lifted to the ceiling, captured by the flows created by the fan, and spread throughout the oven. This mode is often recommended for baking open cakes or for rapidly finishing baking when a high bottom temperature is required, e.g. for low rising yeast dough. Pros: juicy inside and evenly toasted on all sides, especially the bottom. InThe instructions for the Gorenje oven advise against taking high moulds, so as not to disturb the circulation of heated air over the dish.
The “grill” function is useful, but certainly not the only one in modern models of ovens. Every stove has its own set of options.
Consider the most common designations of the different modes:
- Light: oven light.
- Snowflake: defrosting food.
- Two bars at the top and bottom of the frame: standard mode, when the heat is supplied evenly from above and below. You can use the option “heating from the top” or “heating from the bottom” (on the panel they are marked with stripes at the top or bottom of the square) to finish the dish.
- Fan: convection or blowing hot air into the chamber. Can be shown together with standard modes or grill.
- Double-sided horizontal arm with a pair of arrows: a rotisserie.
Modern gas ovens differ significantly from the usual Soviet version of this kitchen appliance. They allow housewives to show themselves to their full potential, thanks to the many cooking functions. With its help, you can cook not only a tasty variety of food, but also the most useful. But it will be easy to do only if you know what the icons (signs) on the oven mean and how to use it correctly.
Advantages of a gas oven:
- This kitchen appliance costs much less than an electric oven.
- Thanks to the possibility of gas ovens to work on a gas cylinder, the appliance can be used in a country house or cottage.
- The presence in many models of a gas-control function makes gas ovens safe.
Important! This function automatically lights a fire if the food is accidentally stewed while the oven is operating.
Recommendations for using gas ovens:
- Before cooking food in the oven check it for remains of food and foreign objects, e.g. baking molds.
- While the oven is still warm, place the shelves in the rows you need for cooking.
- Light the gas oven and preheat it to the desired temperature.
- Do not put the food in the oven until the oven has reached the correct temperature.
Important! Placing food in an oven that is not heated will result in uneven cooking.
- Do not open the door and look in the oven too often, because every time you open the door, the oven temperature drops and the food will take longer to cook.
- After the oven is turned off, keep baked goods in the oven for another 5-10 minutes.
Important! Before installing the oven, it is necessary to study the manual for installation and use.
Which oven mode is represented by which icon?
Modern housewives need to be guided by the icons on the oven. Let’s tell you what the various symbols mean, what the sign of the convection mode and about the available features of the latest models of kitchen appliances.
Today, more and more often there are such units, which provide more than a dozen different options for cooking. And in order for the oven to pay for itself and justify the investment, it is advisable to use all the provided features. Although some still do not dare to use individual modes, because they do not understand what this or that sign on the touch panel says.
Overview of the Hotpoint-Ariston FD 61 electric oven.1/HA
The purchase of new kitchen furniture raises the question of a new cooktop and oven. The choice of my family fell on an electric oven Hotpoint-Ariston FD 61.1/HA for all the usual reasons, which include. Nice and neat appearance, as well as the recommendations of the sales assistant at the store of household appliances.
Before I bought this oven, no one in my family was familiar with this kind of appliance. We had a standard gas oven and stove. And, trusting the products of a well-known manufacturer of home appliances, neither I nor any of my family regretted my choice.
Hotpoint-Ariston FD 61.1/HA. is an independent oven that is not connected to the hob and can be built over the countertop, under it or in a separate cabinet. The independent oven can be built into the furniture at chest level, which is very convenient. No need to bend over all the time to take or put things in the oven. I did not experiment and installed it in the most common place. under the worktop.
Your kitchen furniture should be designed to accommodate an electric oven. The materials of which the niche and panels adjacent to the oven are made must be made of heat-resistant material. If the furniture contains elements veneered with wood, the glue with which they were attached must be resistant to high temperatures.
Peculiarities of installation and technical characteristics
Before installing the oven, a separate socket outlet was installed to supply power to the cabinet, which is connected to earth and rated for the maximum power consumption of the oven. I also replaced the mains fuse responsible for the kitchen area with a more powerful one. In addition to the cabinet, which can consume up to 4 kW per hour, there are refrigerator, microwave oven and TV in the kitchen. With a 25A fuse, all appliances work at the same time without any problems for the home network.
The oven was installed and connected by a service representative. In principle, to connect the oven and you can do it yourself, but then you would lose the warranty on the equipment, so I had to wait two days to come to the wizard.
Technical characteristics of the oven Hotpoint-Ariston FD61.1/HA:
- Type of oven: independent, multifunctional electric oven. 6 heating modes, 5 levels for placing the tray and racks, timer with the signal of the end of cooking, rotary switches, tangential ventilation system, 3-glass oven door, internal lighting, standard guides, double-circuit grill.
- Heating elements: top, bottom and round (located in the rear wall).
- Useful volume: 56 l.
- Maximum temperature: 240 C.
- Energy efficiency class: A.
- Oven door construction: hinged.
- Accessories: one tray and two grids.
- Dimensions (height x width x depth): 59.5 x 59.5 x 54.5 cm.
These dimensions are considered the most common. When I ordered the kitchen furniture, I didn’t know what kind of oven it would be. I was told that the dimensions of the niche for installation will be made standard, and indeed the cabinet fit perfectly in place.
General rules of operation
The service technician recommended that when you first turn the oven on, you heat it for about an hour at the maximum temperature with the door closed. Then turn off the oven, open the door, and ventilate the kitchen. He said there could be an odor caused by the evaporation of the substances that were used to protect the inside of the oven. I did this procedure, but there were no offensive smells other than the smell of heated metal.
Control panel with program selection knobs, thermostat and timer
In general terms, the process for operating the oven is as follows:
- select the desired cooking program using the “Programs” knob;
- Select the temperature using the “Thermostat” knob;
- During cooking it is possible, at any time, to change the cooking program using the “Programs” knob, to change the temperature using the “Thermostat” knob or to stop cooking by turning the “Programs” knob to the “0” position.
Using the thermostat knob you select the temperature you require. On the left side of the control panel is the thermostat indicator. When it lights up, it means that the oven is heating up to the desired temperature. When turned off, it indicates that the oven has reached the set temperature.
To start the timer, turn the knob clockwise by one turn. To set the required time, turn the knob back to the chosen temperature. The timer counts down in reverse order: at the end of the pre-set time an acoustic signal is emitted.
Most importantly. In this model, the timer does not control when the oven is turned on or off, you do. It will help you to keep to the exact cooking time.
Let’s take a closer look at all the modes that can be selected with the “Programs” knob. Moves clockwise, starting from the top.
Oven lighting. Turn on the light in the oven, for example to wash it. The oven light is always on when any program is running.
Traditional oven. Two heating elements are active: one on the bottom and one on the top. I use this mode for baked chicken. I place pre-marinated and washed chicken in a light aluminium tray with high sides, set the oven temperature to 180°C. and after about an hour and a half to two hours the chicken is done. While cooking, you should take the tray out several times to pour the juices over the chicken. Self-cooked food is as good as the grilled chicken you can get all day. over, you marinate the product yourself as you wish and can be sure of the “age” of the chicken.
To use a “traditional oven”, the tray must be placed on the third shelf
Simultaneous cooking. The following heating elements are activated. Top, bottom and circulaire heating element and a fan that ensures constant and even cooking throughout the oven. This ensures uniform cooking and browning of the product.
A maximum of two oven levels may be used at the same time. The first and fifth shelves should not be used: they are subjected to direct heat, which may burn delicate products. It is preferable to use the second and fourth shelves. Foods requiring higher heat should be placed on the second shelf.
Arrangement of the grids for “Simultaneous cooking” mode
Grill. The upper heating element is switched on.
Газовая плита Hotpoint.- Ariston C34SG37(X)RU/HA
The high temperature and direct heat of the grill is recommended for cooking foods that require a high surface temperature. Thanks to high temperature the food is quickly browned and has a nice crunchy crust, while remaining tender and juicy inside. The grill is suitable for cooking steaks, fish and toasts.
When using this mode it is recommended to set only the maximum temperature. The rack is placed on the third or fourth shelf and the food is placed in the center. And on the first level place a baking tray. To collect cooking liquids.
Grilling rack and tray arrangement
Casserole. When using it, it is not recommended to exceed the temperature of 200 C. Top heating element and fan are working. These conditions combine a unidirectional heat output with forced air circulation inside the oven. This prevents food from burning to the crust and increases the heat penetration.
Pizza. Lower and circular heating elements and fan are on. This combination allows you to heat up the oven quickly, with more heat coming from the bottom. If you use several levels at the same time, you must interchange dishes in the middle of cooking. From my own experience: I prefer to make pizzas on a light-weight aluminum baking tray on a standard rack. This way you reduce the baking time. It is best to add the cheese in the middle of baking.
Pastry. Circular heating element and fan are activated. This provides a moderate and uniform heat inside the oven. This function is recommended for yeast dough products that require rising and fine baking on three levels at the same time.
The picture below shows a poppy seed curd. One left over. The “brothers” have already been eaten.
The oven is equipped with a cooling fan to lower the temperature around a working oven. Cold air flow from bottom to top through the air intake duct, pushing the hot air into the duct above the door and preventing the surrounding furniture and electronics from heating up. After cooking is complete, the fan continues to run until the oven has cooled down properly.
The external and internal enamelled parts as well as the stainless steel parts and rubber seals can be cleaned with a sponge soaked in warm water or a solution of neutral detergent. For particularly tough stains use specific cleaning products.
After cleaning, we recommend carefully removing any detergent residues with a damp cloth and drying the oven. Do not use abrasive powders or corrosive substances. Always clean the inside of the oven after each use without waiting for it to cool down completely. Use warm water and detergent, rinse and wipe with a soft cloth.
Never use steam cleaners or high-pressure cleaners.
To clean the door glass, use non-abrasive sponges and cleaners, then wipe dry with a soft cloth. Do not use hard materials or sharp metal scrapers that could scratch the surface or break the glass.
Keep seals in good and clean condition, make sure they are tight against the door and do not allow heat to escape.
Tips for Safe Use
- This electric oven is designed for unprofessional home use
- To prevent possible electrical shock, do not touch the product with wet hands, barefoot or with wet feet
- The heating elements and some parts of the oven door become very hot when the product is in use. Care must be taken to avoid contact with these parts and children must be kept away from the oven
- Make sure that the power cables of other electrical appliances do not come into contact with the hot parts of the oven
- Do not cover the ventilation grills and heat dissipation holes.
- Always use oven mitts or grips when placing or removing food from the oven
- Check that the knobs are in the “0” position when the oven is not in use
- Do not place heavy objects on the open door of the oven.
- Never place objects on the bottom of the oven, as these could damage the enamel coating
- In the event of a malfunction, do not open the internal mechanisms of the product to repair them. If you have any questions, please contact the Technical Assistance Service
I have been using this oven for three years now and I can say that it has these benefits:
Mechanical Control Panel
Standard knobs are often found on inexpensive ovens with few modes, as well as on gas-powered models, since they are not very functional. The number of icons here is usually small and easier to understand. The easiest way to navigate with the timer or thermostat, around which the manufacturer has unpretentiously prescribed the temperature of heating. With other icons you have to get acquainted.
- “Light bulb”. turning on the light in the oven to visually control cooking.
- “Snowflake” or “Snowflake with drops”. defrosting the food.
- Horizontal line at the top, bottom or both sides of the square indicates heating by upper or lower heating element or both at the same time.
- If, on the other hand, the dotted line represents a low-temperature or gentle cooking mode at 70.120 °С.
- Fan symbol indicates convection mode, which means blowing hot air into the oven. As a rule, complemented by the position line of the operating heating element.
- The wavy line or teeth symbolize the grill. The additional horizontal bar above the icon is the quick grill mode, and the convection icon is the turbo-grill mode.
- Double-sided horizontal arrow with a pair of temple arms. rotisserie.
When using convection in the oven, we recommend that the oven temperature be lower by 20-40°C than for conventional modes.
Review for Hotpoint SA4544HIX Built In Electric Single Oven in Stainless Steel
Sometimes there are simple and recognizable symbols on the oven panels for specific dishes, such as pizza, loaf and pastry. It’s easy to guess the purpose of the chosen option here, but its characteristics (cooking time and heating temperature) are better to clarify in the manual.
What convection mode is used for
The convection mode allows you to bake large cuts of meat, bake delicious cakes and pies, make delicate meringues, and even dry herbs, citrus zest, or breadcrumbs. You can even do without heating, with cold convection alone. Low heat with convection allows you to defrost meat or vegetables from the freezer quickly. With convection on, you get the best possible use of the oven’s full capacity: even if you put two or three baking trays inside, everything will bake evenly.
It is not necessary to use this mode every time you cook food. Convection can be turned on when it is really necessary:
- to ensure crispy crusts;
- To dry out too much of the juices released;
- For baking a large pie or a bird.
Cooking modes Operating Instructions Hotpoint Ariston FZ99 C AN
This mode is ideal for temperature-sensitive cooking (for example, for cakes that need to be raised) and for baking pastries (for example, tarts) on 3 levels at a time., Tartlets) on 3 levels of the oven at the same time.
No preheating of the oven is required for this mode.This mode is particularly suitable for quick cooking of prepackaged foods (frozen or semi-finished products). Best results are obtained when using only one level of the oven.
Oven reaches and maintains temperature of 40°C regardless of the position of the THERMOSTAT knob. This mode is ideal for proofing (rising) yeast dough.
The rotisserie (on some models only)To turn on the rotisserie (see “Turning on the rotisserie” on page 14). Rice. 8):
IAG Oven Functions Explained
Place grease drip tray on the 1st oven level;2. Place the rotisserie frame on the 3rd level and insert the rotisserie into the hole provided in the back of the oven;3. Turn the rotisserie knob to activate the rotisserie-
! All cooking modes have a default cooking temperature, which can be set manually if desired, within the range 40-250°C.BARBECUE mode is set to the default power level indicated in percent (%) which can also be adjusted manually.
With this traditional cooking method it is better to use only one level of the oven; if you cook on more than one level, the heat is distributed unevenly.
(Simultaneous cooking of several dishes) Since the heat remains uniform throughout the oven, the air cooks and bakes the food evenly. A maximum of two oven levels can be used at the same time.
By turning the THERMOSTAT knob you can increase or decrease the power level shown on the display; the setting range is 50-100%. High and direct heat of the grill is recommended for dishes that require high surface temperatures.Always cook with the oven door closed in this mode.
The simultaneous action of the upper heating element and the fan amplifies the efficiency of the heating element’s unidirectional radiant heat, by forcing air circulation throughout the oven. This prevents the food surface from sticking and increases the heat penetration.Always cook with the oven door closed in this mode.
The simultaneous action of the lower and circular heating element and the fan heats the oven rapidly, generating large quantities of heat, in particular from the lower heating element. If you are cooking on more than one level of the oven at a time, in the middle of cooking change places.
Heat convection is the process of shifting layers of air of different temperatures relative to one another. A gas oven has a burner on the bottom. Heated lower layer of air becomes lighter and rises to the top. A cold one takes its place.
Electric ovens have multiple heating elements, but they don’t distribute the heat evenly inside the oven. Most of the heat remains at the bottom. The bottom layer (or the bottom layer if more than one is baking at the same time) gets crusty or browned. And the top remains raw.
In most conventional ovens, you have to open the door and turn the baking tray. Cakes and meringues tend to drop from the sudden temperature drop when opened.
With grilling, the rotisserie spit with the meat must be constantly turned so that it turns to the heater from one side to the other.
Baking trays have holes for better air movement. If possible, it is advisable to use grids instead. But even these devices are no match for the forced convection.
Forced convection is achieved by the fan. It is a fan that is most often attached to the back of the oven. It speeds up the distribution of heat. Uniform heating increases the temperature in the deep layers of the product and speeds cooking. You can cook different foods on different levels at the same time. This saves time and energy.
The fan is activated by means of separate switches.
Combinations of convector and heater operation create optimal conditions for various applications:
- Convection without heating or up to 60 degrees. raising dough, drying, defrosting.
- Wet. steam cooking, baking muffins, sterilizing dishes.
- Convection lower heating element. pizza, loaves and pastries without topping.
- Convection top heating element baking with crust.
- Combi fan. both elements. for preparing large pieces of meat, tall biscuits. Cooking on several trays at the same time.
When the convector is turned on, the temperature in the oven is 10% higher. Take this into account when setting the thermostat.
Expensive electric ovens are equipped with a turbo-grill. When the convector is turned on, the overhead heater is working. When the set temperature is reached, it switches off and starts the fan heater. The crust turns brown on top. Except for meat, pizza is also cooked in this way.
To avoid the food drying out, and also for steaming, there is a moist convection function. It is not present in many devices. A container is included with the oven to fill it with water. It is attached to the door or back wall. Steam fills the oven through the steam generator.
If your convection electric cooker does not have a humid mode, place a dish with water in the bottom of the oven. This prevents the food from drying out.
The oven of a gas stove is even more difficult to heat evenly than an electric one. Air-tightness of the gas stove is low, because combustion products must be evacuated. This is why gas convection ovens are available. You turn it on beforehand together with a fan heater, wait for the food to heat up evenly in the oven, and then put the pan with the food. Cooking times are longer compared to electric ovens.