What affects the washing time
The Automatic washing machine, performing a full cycle, passes certain stages:
What depends on the duration of the cycle of each stage? Let’s understand:
- Temperature choice. If you choose an option with a high temperature, a heating element will take more time to heat water. This increases waiting time. To reduce the cycle, choose a quick wash at 30 degrees or in cold water.
- How long is rinsing in the washing machine? Depends on the choice of options. When you choose additional rinse, the cycle can increase to 20-30 minutes.
- Except speed. If you want to get almost dry underwear from the tank, so choose high spinning revolutions? This choice at a speed of 800 speeds will cost you 10 minutes of waiting. And if you exhibit 1000, then at least 15 minutes.
- With highly contaminated things, users choose an additional (preliminary) mode, or soaking. How long does the preliminary wash last? It will take 25-30 additional minutes.
- Dear SMA, equipped with intellectual sensors, independently determine the weight and degree of pollution of the laundry. So, the machine chooses the optimal time mode for high.quality washing.
Selecting modes and their duration
Let’s look at what the washing time at different modes. We will find out the laid parameters in the most popular programs, as well as the relevance of their use.
How long it lasts intensive (fast) washing? Depends on the type of machine.
On older cm, the Express program can last 40 minutes. Whereas new expensive models reduced it to 15-20 minutes.
The mode is convenient for daily washing of linen with light pollution, and is also simply indispensable for mothers who have to cope with the mountains of children’s things every day.
The choice of heating temperature is not more than 40 degrees is considered optimal. How long does the squeeze in the washing machine last depends on the number of revolutions. It is recommended to choose 800-1000 revolutions per minute.
How long does a delicate or manual wash in a washing machine last? 50 to 90 minutes. The delicate program is equal to manual, because it carefully cleanses things, does not stretch, clothes do not pour.
Manual mode in different models can last from 56 to 60 minutes. To do this, water heats up to 30 degrees, the selection does not exceed 400 revolutions.
Intensive or preliminary
This is the longest program that in some models can be combined. The fact is that the intensive program already provides for a high heating temperature (up to 90 ° C), as well as long rinsing. Then the process can last from 2.5 to 4 hours.
Preliminary washing is soaked for 120 minutes at 30 degrees. Then the process goes into the main washing. Therefore, if you are only going to buy a washing machine, pay attention to the functionality where these programs are combined.
There are different modes for cotton and flax.
So, the time of washing cotton in water at 40 degrees will be 1 hour 30 minutes. Not much more. 1 hour 50 minutes. the mode will last when heated to 60 degrees. At a temperature of 95 degrees and spin in 1200 revolutions, waiting time will increase to 2 hours.
The Eco-Stirki program is also called “Bio-Jump”. Programs are suitable for all types of linen with old pollution, so the process lasts 2 hours. At the beginning, the water temperature is 30-40 ° C. Then heating rises, and the usual washing begins.
The program can be installed for children’s things, the washing of which takes 2 hours 20 minutes. As well as for synthetics, the mode of which takes 1 hour 50 minutes.
Choose the correct mode for each type of fabric. Then your linen will always be clean and bright.
Description of the function
Delicate washing is nothing more than a careful removal of things in the automatic machine. This means that during the washing, a special mode with small speeds of the drum will be set at a minimum water temperature. Laundering of pollution and spots in this case occurs with a large volume of water. This helps to protect the fabric from mechanical damage and friction.
The water temperature in this case is on average 30 degrees, which differs from most other programs. At low temperatures, the fragmentation of textiles is excluded, and therefore the brightness of things will not change. In comparison with other modes of the device, such washing lasts much less. The number of revolutions per minute is from 400 to 600, the movement of the drum is smooth.
This mode is notable for drying drying. Delicate washing is called manual or berely in a different way. It is not intended for all things and has an icon depicting a container with water and a temperature of 30 degrees. However, there is no single designation, since the icons of different manufacturers may vary.
Somewhere manufacturers write “wool”, “eco”, “silk”. Some icons have their own designations. For example, it can be an image of a pelvis with water, a temperature number and horizontal lines below the bottom of the depicted capacity. Less common on dashboard, a delicate washing icon depicts a pelvis with water and hand, feather, butterfly, flower, ball of wool.
Advantages and disadvantages
Delicate washing has both advantages and disadvantages. For example, among its advantages it is worth noting:
- less duration of the process;
- Electric energy savings;
- a small amount of the product used;
- sparing attitude to textile fibers;
- Saving the time and effort of households.
The advantage of this regime is the fact that you do not need to accumulate laundry of approximately the same texture and color. The thing can be washed right away, not afraid that pollution is absorbed into the structure of the material and will become part of the picture. over, for this type of washing today, the widest selection of detergents with an economical consumption is provided. You can wash things from different materials in a typewriter.
Along with the advantages, the regime has disadvantages. For example, in cold temperatures it is difficult to save clothes from viruses. If the product is too protected, it will not work to save it from bacteria. You will have to pre.soak the thing in soapy solution or soap contaminated places.
The gentle washing regime does not relieve things from dust mites, which are source of skin irritation and allergic reactions. At low water temperature and small speeds, it is useless to wash bedding. It remains the life of dust ticks. It is possible to eliminate them only by washing things in hot water.
The granules of washing powder poorly dissolve in cold water. The remaining microparticles causes skin itching, peeling of the skin and allergies. Therefore, such means for delicate washing are contraindicated. In addition, the regime does not imply full loading. Clothing will be able to rinse well only if the drum is loaded no more than half.
The problem of frequent delicate washers is the damage to the washing machine. Mold forms on the hoses, they pass water worse. Because of this, gray-green spots can appear on the linen, and an unpleasant smell begins to come from the car. There is a need for washing or even repair.
What fabrics sit after washing
Let’s start with the fact that all the fabrics sit after washing. But some are just a little bit (for example: synthetics), and then stretch out again. And fabrics:
Use Cold Water in your Laundry to Lessen Energy Conservation
With improper washing, they will sit down and are unlikely to become the same, although the ways to stretch the fabric. there is. Why is this happening? They contain a lot of natural threads that tend to draw out at high temperatures. From non.natural fabrics: cotton jeans. Bought one size larger?. It doesn’t matter, just stretch them at high power and temperature from 50 degrees. They will immediately fit your parameters.
How to wash hb, that I did not sit down and what to do if it has already happened:
- Sitting woolen sweater once again stretch in warm water. Take a shampoo or hair air conditioner, wash. After the story is a thing so that it stretches. Or put on a sheet in a stretched position.
- Len and cotton soak in cold water for 2-3 hours. Get out, slightly squeeze and hang on the shoulders. It is desirable that the clothes are dry in a warm and dry place.
- Buy steam weights. The most popular dry cleaning method. Hot steam will steam and pull out the thing, and you hang it on the shoulders.
- Hydrogen peroxide. 3 tablespoons will be enough for the fabrics of things to recover, and the spots are leaving the clothes. Or just drop a drop of peroxide to the spot. It will definitely be removed, and the rest of the clothes will not suffer in cases of what.
How to wash to sit clothes?
Not the most relevant question, but it is found. Usually such methods are used if they could not resist and bought a cool thing, but it is too big. Go to life hacks, but do not overdo it with efforts so that the welcome sweater does not become clothes for your dog.
Method: Pick it up at 60 at medium speeds, make an excess. Method: Use a contrasting temperature. It is necessary to lower the thing into boiling water, after it cools slightly, move clothes to ice water. Temperature difference. will definitely bring the result. Method: Dry clothes on your shoulders, in warm and dry places.
In what cases you can not do with a quick laundry?
For washing bedding, it is ideal to choose a temperature of 60C, for color at least 40-50C in combination with powders that protect the color of the fabric. For children’s underwear, use 60C.
The quality of washing can be improved, and the temperature is reduced if you soak contaminated things in advance.
Linen sheets can be safely washed even at 90C.
But basically, such a high temperature is used for bleaching in combination with a special bleaching agent or for disinfection and hygiene of kitchen and personal towels, children’s diapers, etc.P.
Alina author of the article
How to choose the right?
Before washing things in an automatic machine, it is recommended to closely familiarize yourself with the labels of the products, sort everything by type, color and the degree of pollution. The implementation of this simple rule will be the key to the correct choice of processing function and the successful result of cleansing from stains.
What mode to choose. the prerogative of the owner of the unit. It can both add additional settings to the processing process, and turn off existing operations in the selected program. But the regime is best determined by certain criteria, otherwise the selected option can become dangerous for your favorite things:
- According to the purpose of things. children’s clothing, sports, shoes;
- According to the material. flax, wool, cotton, mixed fabrics;
- according to the terms. economy, express, combi or washing with steam.
The main condition for installing a washing program is an adequate assessment of the pollution measure and the composition of the fabric.
What happens if you wash clothes in cold water instead of warm?
The main recommendations when determining the modes:
- cotton products, including things for a newborn baby, are allowed to be washed using high temperatures (from 60 to 95 ° C) and a large number of revolutions (up to 1400);
- Colored things made of natural material. 40 ° C, permissible number of revolutions. up to 1400;
- Lenon-40-50 ° C, seas up-up to 600 revolutions, turn off the clothes for clothes;
- synthetics. 40 ° C, seal. 600 revolutions;
- silk, wool and other delicate fabrics-40 ° C, 400-600 revolutions;
- jeans. 60 ° C, squeeze. 800 revolutions.
Additionally, you can always include soaking in the process of cleansing, squeezing things, light ironing or drying.
Standard wash modes
The modes given below are actually found in any modern machine. The names can be played, but the meaning is the same everywhere.
- The most common regime is to include “cotton”. It is present in any automatic machine. It is supposed to wash ordinary cotton items at 95 degrees. Time of time. from an hour. And the squeezes are programmed for the maximum revolutions available to the washing unit.
- Synthetics mode second most popular after cotton. The temperature regime for synthetic materials is reduced to 60 degrees, but the machine also erases thoroughly, with the maximum speed.
- A combination stitch-relief of the process in the maximum volume: all things are erased together, by the type of fabric they do not sort.
- Manual washing in the washing machine is also important and popular. It is intended for thin fabrics. For example, in this version, the washing of tulle curtains is optimal. The mode implies the level of 30-30 degrees, and the rotation of the drum is slow and neat. Squeezing such things is contraindicated.
- Close by the principle of action to manual washing and delicate. The difference between them is that some types of fabrics can undergo and squeeze.
- Express-stitch is ideal for things without strong spots; They are simply “refreshed”. In the time of washing of such wardrobe items. from 15 to 30 minutes. With fast washing, degrees are low, and the number of revolutions is high. In another way, such an express mode is called “daily washing” or “15 minutes”.
- Intensive wash, as can be seen from its name, is created for strong contaminants. This program is contraindicated for delicate types of fabrics, since the temperature regime reaches 90 degrees.
- Option with two processing in a row. preliminary washing. The powder is covered in two compartments for double use; The machine uses the last twice. This mode is optimal for things with strong pollution.
- Sports mode. A variant of this kind copes with pollution on sportswear, and in some cars. and shoes. Sometimes this function seems to be several modes, each for its level of pollution.
- IVF, or economical washing is a separate plan mode and an addition for standards. Washing passes with not very strong heating of water with its minimum use. This mode gives good saving of water and electricity.
- Wool mode is also a guest of most detergents. Things are erased in care with low temperature without spinning.
About additional useful functions
Technologies do not stand still. In pursuit of money and sales, manufacturers invent and introduce an increasing number of options:
- Additional rinse. This option is perfect for those who suffer from allergies, and families with young children. This function involves the complete removal of washing powder;
- Without spinning. If you turn off the corresponding function, then the operation of some things, especially from delicate fabrics, will be incommensurable longer;
- Delayed start. The regime is convenient if it is impossible to extract as washed in due time. Lingerie is laid in water with subsequent rinsing and spinning;
- Starting delay. A very interesting option for those who spend most of the time outside the house. Lingerie is loaded into the tank, and a powder is placed in the tray. The device itself will launch the program at the time marked by the owner, and in the morning or in a convenient hour, linen will only need to be removed and hanged;
- Drying mode. It can be delicate, giving the opportunity to shake the laundry to prevent the formation of folds. The option is possible and the accelerated procedure, but this mode is recommended only for tissue heating resistant to heating;
- Light ironing, in which an intermediate squeeze is excluded, and the rinse mode is performed with a lot of water;
- Washing in cold water is used to process tissues that do not tolerate high temperature. These include delicate things from synthetics;
- Water level control present in the advanced level devices. The machine itself weighs the linen and sets the volume of water to save consumables;
- Partial load. mode close to the previous. With such loading, the washing process will pass all standard cycles, but significantly faster;
- Night washing, which implies the quiet functioning of the unit, the lack of final spin and the usual shutdown without a signal.
Part of the functions can be modified or vary in various versions of the machines. It is not forbidden to combine or change temperatures, set a different push.up intensity, rinse. all for the fact that things were washed efficiently and as comfortable as possible.
Settlement machines icons
The designations on the washing machine allow the user to quickly understand which mode you need to choose. It is worth using it once or twice as you visually remember the icon and its meaning.
In washing machines of different brands, the most often the following are found:
- Drawing a basin with an arrow down. drain mode.
- Hand pelvis. manual washing.
- Pelvis with wavy lines. fast and intensive washing.
- Iron drawing. easy ironing function.
- Castle with a smile or the face of a child. blocking the panel from children.
- Key. Luke’s door lock.
- Snail. squeeze.
- Dial. deferred start.
Decoding the remaining characters is indicated in the photo below.
Icons that are found on the ardo panels:
Choosing a mode for washing
What mode to choose depends on your preferences, degree of pollution of linen and type of fabric. Modern SMA offer optimal modes for each type of clothing. How to enable one or another program, indicated in the instructions. There are also general values on the panel for each brand.
- Manufacturers cm Siemens, Samsung, Beko indicated the names of each mode, so you will not have to doubt for a long time. The icons are rarely used.
- There is a turner in the washing rooms of Zanussi, which will help choose the main programs. The choice of additional functions (washing with steam, tulle washing mode, first washing mode) occurs when buttons press.
- On the Electrolux panel, the icons are combined with the names of the programs.
The duration of the programs depends on the type of fabric. For example, cotton products are erased for the longest-about 2 hours. The fastest mode is “fast washing”, lasting from 15 to 30 minutes.
Is it possible to change the mode during washing
If you loaded the linen and launched the laundry, but realized that you have chosen the inappropriate program, click on the pause/stop key. Hold for 5 seconds. the previous program should be reset.
Another option is a rotation of the selector into a neutral position or reloading smell.
Before you turn off the car from the network, read how to do it correctly so as not to damage the electronic module.
Cold washing. myths and reality
The main arguments in favor of hot water are “grandmother” suggestions:
- Cold water cannot be able to remove strong pollution, which means that the thing will not work out with high quality;
- The granules of the washing powder dissolve only at a higher temperature.
We hasten to dispel these myths and outdated ideas about cold washing:
- Forget about experiences about the cleanliness of the dress. Modern powders are able to remove any pollution in the form of spots, regardless of temperature. Good detergent guarantees an excellent effect even in cold water. Different bleasts equipped with special “chemistry” penetrate deeply between fibers and wash any dirt. Great help. foam generators in some types of washing machines. Here, the powder is completely dissolved in water, and then this solution enters the drum.
- The consumption of powder to obtain the most good result is absolutely the same as in hot water, and not a drop is increasing. over, some spots in hot water are only more “attached” to the fabric, and do not disappear.
- The statement about the disinfection of things during hot washing did not justify itself. The main part of the bacteria dies during drying in the fresh air. And the towels for the kitchen and the bath are best soaked in a detergent solution and only then wash.
- If the temperature regime is incorrectly, many are faced with the problem of hopelessly spoiled things. With the cold regime, you have nothing to fear structural changes in matter, especially the wool and others from the category of “delicate” and “sensitive”. The favorite thing will not sit to children’s size and will not turn into an immense hoodie, multiple holes will not appear on it that violate the structure of the fabric.
- The fabric will remain bright and juicy for a long time, while in hot water a beautiful red blouse can become a sparkle with a dirty tint. This effect is generally contraindicated in some types of matter.
- Cold water will save from such trouble as white stripes of various shapes on the washed clothes. This is especially true for dark things. They spoil the appearance and reduce a sense of self.confidence.
- Cold rinse is better and more successful removes the soap solution from the space between the threads of matter. This is facilitated by the tension of the surface when droplets of soap, gaining the shape of balls, are easily washed out of the fabric.
In order to properly rinse the thing, it is necessary to comply with the following rules:
- Matter from natural threads absorbs a soap solution well and requires longer rinsing;
- Synthetics and natural fabric are incompatible, so they are shed separately;
- Washing things should be at least three times, and each time it is good to squeeze out that the powder “leaves” along with the water;
- Particular attention of clothes for children and linen. they are hidden up to five times;
- A small amount of antistatics will not allow accumulation in things of static electricity.
Cold water and dishes
Our hands are much more comfortable in warm water, so housewives always open a hot crane.
If the kitchen is equipped with a dishwasher, then which water is washed. no difference.
Important! A good liquid will break fat perfectly and cope with any contaminants and in cold water. It remains only to pull out the plates and put them on the shelf.
What to do if fast washing does not work
If this program does not work in your machine or the mode with this name at all, pay attention to other cycles. Different manufacturers may be called “Fast Washing”, “Accelerated”, “Express Master”, “Quick 30” and so on. All programs that last less than 40 minutes are suitable for you.
If you do not know how to put and turn on a quick program, you will tell you special icons on the control panel about this. Turn the toggle switch so that it indicates the designation of the mode and start the program.
This also applies to vertical loading machines.
It happens that the mode does not start at all, the light bulb blinks. Then check if the hatch door is tightly closed. If everything is in order, reboot the washing machine, doing this:
- Disconnect the car from the network.
- Wait for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn on the washer again. If the program has started normally, then there is an error in the system.
Fast washing icons on washing machines
Consider how the fast program is indicated by different manufacturers:
- There are several varieties of this mode in the Bosch washing machine. Fast washing for mixed linen, which does not require special care. It is indicated by the icon in the form of a dress, shirt and body. Another short program “Superbound washing” is provided, 15 minutes long. Indicated by the dial.
- Manufacturers of Samsung (Samsung) briskly took care of convenient navigation, so they simply signed all the modes. For weakly pinched linen, the “Fast 29” mode is included.
- For HotPoint-Ariston (Ariston) machines, two programs have been developed: “Fast washing 60 and 30”. One program allows you to wash things at 60 degrees, the other at 30.
- Siemens control panel (Siemens) has two designations of the “Super” mode. duration 15 and 30 minutes. This is the dial icon on the panel.
- LG manufacturers (Elji) also decided not to come up with the designations and signed the program “Quickly 30”. At 30 degrees you can wash cotton and synthetic things.
- The icon on SM Indesit (Indesit) is made in the form of a dial, which means “fast 30”.
- A basin with a number 32 on the Candy (Kandy) panel means that you can start a quick program.
- Symbols on Beko, Zanussi and Electrolux washing machines are exactly the same as other models.
Having figured out, you will properly care for things, choosing the desired wash mode.