What to do if the water heater is drunk
A capacitive water heater is a fairly simple device. Its basis is a steel container, covered with a protective layer, which prevents premature corrosion of the walls of the capacity and, accordingly, extends the life of.
The coating of the inner surface can be made of enamel, glass enamel, glass.ceramic, protective layer of titanium, stainless steel layer, etc. P. Usually this coating is the development of the manufacturer itself, and is stored in strict secret.
In the lower part of the boiler there is a cover in which the heater, thermostat and magnesium anode are mounted. There is also a thermometer in the tank. From below the boiler, the input pipe from the water supply is brought to the boiler and a hot water pipe leading to the shower mixers and the kitchen washing is removed.
Outside, the water heater capacity is covered with a layer of thermal insulation from polyurethane foam and a decorative metal casing. The main reasons that contribute to the premature failure of the boiler capacity are the following:
- If the water system in the water system is more than 2 atmospheres, it is necessary to put a reducing gearbox in front of the boiler, since when heated, the pressure will rise even higher and unacceptable deformation of the walls with a violation of the integrity of the protective coating will occur;
- Immediately before the entrance to the boiler, a safety valve is not placed, which pulls excess pressure when the water is heated in the water heater;
- If the prophylaxis of the boiler is not carried out once a year, then a scale is formed on the walls and heating element, which worsens the work of the heater and leads to premature wear of the boiler itself. It is also necessary to change the magnesium anode once a year that prevents the corrosion of the walls;
- heating the boiler to a high temperature above 70 degrees Celsius. The best option would be to operate the water heater at a temperature of up to 50 degrees;
- Do not drain the water from the boiler for a long time. this leads to premature corrosion of the metal.
By putting into practice all these warnings, you can significantly increase the service life of a storage water heater and thereby provide yourself with comfortable conditions for many years.
The boiler flowed from below or from above. what to do and how to eliminate leak
The main reasons why the boiler flowed from below, which is easy to eliminate with your own hands:
The gasket near the flange has worn out. on which the heater is located. In this case, the fluid drips from below. To fix, remove the protective cover, disconnect the wires and drain the water from the boiler. Next, you need to remove the flange, for which we unscrew the bolts or nuts that hold it.
In some models, he is twisted completely counterclockwise. Ten is removed and the gasket is removed. After that, a similar model is bought and put in its place. For reliability, you can smash the connection location with silicone.
Fistulas are sealed or covered with cold welding, which withstands high temperatures. Also, for some models of water heaters, you can buy a flange made completely of stainless steel.
If these actions did not eliminate the leak, then this means that the tank was damaged. This breakdown is much more difficult to fix. How to eliminate a leak in the water heater Ariston read in this article.
We will figure out how to eliminate the problem when the fistula is on top (elimination of leaks in the boiler Termyx. https: // boilevdom.RU/Boileri/Proizvoditel/Termeks/Chto-DELAT-KOGDA-POTEK-VODONAGREVATEL-TERMEKS-SNIZU-PRICHINY-NEISPRAVNOSTI.html). It is necessary to drain the water from the boiler and remove it. If the plastic cover is at the top, then we remove it by unscrewing the screws and picing the latches. If the upper surface is metal, we split the edge with a screwdriver and open it.
We dismantle a part of thermal insulation using a knife. We clean the surface of the tank. To more accurately find fistula, we connect the water heater again and fill it. From small holes will go liquid. The places that we have identified, drill, cut the threads and screw the screws there. On top of the insurance, we cover them with cold welding.
We’ll figure out what to do if the fistula is on the side. First of all, you will need to remove the casing from the boiler. For this, the upper and lower end part are collapsed and removed and removed. Thermal insulation is dismantled with a knife and tank is removed. It can be additionally screwed in the places of fasteners to the wall. Next, we clean it, cover it with a primer and for reliability we cover with enameled paint.
Places of leaks must be brewed, stolen or twisted with screws with cold welding, as described above. After that, connect the tank without a case to check if the water flows somewhere else. Further, the tank is placed back, mounting foam is poured as isolation. The covers are placed above and below, the water heater is installed back.
Boiler service recommendations
Inspection of the unit is carried out annually to reduce the risk of breakdowns and the appearance of leak. It is necessary to remove the scale inside the tank, for this the boiler is dismantled from the wall, disassembled. The internal parts are washed with a large volume of water.
If the pressure in the water supply is more than three atmospheres, the gearbox is cut into the highway. If the magnesium rod is critically decreased, it is changed new. To heat the optimal temperature of 50 ° C.
The surfaces of the internal parts and the tank spoil from hard water with a large volume of dissolved salts. To prevent, use single filters or a whole cleaning system.
The main reasons for the appearance of leaks
First of all, it is necessary to determine why the boiler flows from below. To do this, it is not necessary to own professional skills, it is enough just to know the signs of various malfunctions. Their list can be found in the section of the instructions “Possible malfunctions”.
If the warranty on the device is still valid, you can contact the service center, otherwise, find out why the boiler tank flows, you can independently.
- Incorrect installation of the device.
- The rules were broken when connecting input connections.
- Slaws also contribute to a violation of the integrity of the tank and the connection locations, as a result of which the boiler is dripping.
Deformation of the case
The use of the irregular installation scheme of the device can cause deformation of the case. For example, the absence of a safety valve leads to overflowing the tank and increasing the pressure in it. Due to such non.approval, cracks appear on the tank.
The cause of deformation of the water heater body may be the mounted low.quality pipes and the lack of instruments installed in the system of safety groups. Frequent manifestation of hydraulic producers, has a destructive effect on the water heater body.
Attention! If the repair of the case is impossible, it is subject to complete replacement.
Saking water from supplying pipes
This phenomenon may occur, it indicates a factory marriage. If the boiler tank flowed before the expiration of 14 daily periods, then it can be returned to the store.
If the pipes are removable and can be dismantled, then the repair can be carried out independently. This will need a gas key. Perhaps before unscrewing the pipe, you will need to get inside the accumulative capacity.
Complete installation guide for the Andris Lux water heater
After removing the underwater channel, sealing using a FUM tape or pacley is carried out. Then the device is assembled in the reverse order. The capacity is filled with water and sealing the compound is checked. The second check, the water heater flows or not, is carried out after heating water. Since the material expands during heating, with poorly performed sealing, leaks may occur.
Attention! If the design of the tank does not provide for the removal of pipes, it is required to complete the replacement of the water heater.
This is indicated by drops or yellow-brown stains on the device cover located at the bottom. The formation of a large amount of scale on heating elements is almost unambiguously called the reason why the Termyx water heater flowed. This problem is manifested with prolonged operation of the device without maintenance.
Important! To reduce the level of scale formation at the input, it is recommended to install filter elements that cleanse water from various impurities.
The formed scale gradually settles on the tank lid, penetrating the location of the lid to the tank. In advanced conditions, this leads to the appearance of cracks and flow of water. To solve the problem, it is enough to replace the heater or anode.
Low.qualified assembly of the device
One of the reasons why the Ariston water heater flowed is insufficiently tightened fasteners that hold the lid. In this case, picking up the wrench in the hands, pull up the weakened fastening elements.
If the drops appear from under the fasteners for the heater, it is necessary to replace the device completely.
When assembling an unqualified specialist, another type of breakdown may also be found. a water heater flows in the places of connection of fittings to the nozzles. There may be several reasons:
- Fitting is not tight enough. This can be done by a dilutant key.
- Little wound up plumbing tape. Will have to disassemble and add the right amount of fuma.
- In rare cases, a discrepancy in the threaded step is possible. Then it remains only to replace the acquired fitting with a new.
The gasket was worn out
Water heater? This may indicate the wear of the rubber laying. The reason for the manifestation of this problem is determined only after a complete disconnection of the water heater from the network. Then you should unscrew the fastening elements, remove the lid and gasket, inspect it.
Thermocouple Replacement on a Water Heater
When replacing the sealing gum, it is necessary to ensure that the labeling of the product corresponds to the service device. After installing it, it is necessary to check whether it adjacent
The reasons for the malfunctions of boilers
To understand why heaters fail, you need to figure out in the principle of their work and the purpose of the main elements. No matter what your boiler type is accumulative or flowing, their design is similar. Only brand, design and capacity of the tank differs.
The device of the heater tank is quite simple. It consists of two parts: internal and external. A layer of thermal insulation is laid between them. polyurethane foam. The case includes two pipe: one with a cutter at the end serves to pump cold water, the other is hot.
The presence of a thermostat allows you to set the desired heating temperature.
Damage just does not happen, there are reasons for this:
- Voltage surges on the network.
- Prolonged neglect of service.
- Incorrect installation or connection of the device.
- The appearance of scale and corrosion on the details.
- Untimely repairs.
To find out the cause and accurately determine the place of problem, diagnostics of parts are carried out.
Varieties and design
Surprising valves are separated by type of design and the method of output excess moisture. The following forms are distinguished according to the first parameter:
- Monolithic. This is a monoblock, in the inside of which the necessary details are pressed up.
- Collapsible. There is a hole in them, through it there is access to the inside of the product after removing the cover.
Depending on the possibility of withdrawing excess moisture, there are:
- Products whose drops flow from the protruding pipe.
- Details equipped with a closed pipeline with a withdrawal to the sewer.
- Frame. Includes a thread for fasteners (inside and out), as well as a pipe located in the side. The main materials for manufacturing are brass or steel. Or rather, the coating is made of nickel, zinc or chromium.
- Big cylinder. Present at the bottom of the case. It opens when the crane is turned on on the sink and during the period of filling the boiler. When the pressure values inside the device and in the general system are equal, the cylinder closes. At the same time, water does not flow back into the pipe for serving.
- Small cylinder. Located in the middle of the product, differs with a spring with greater power. If pressure indicators become higher than normal, then it is compressed. As a result, the drainage hole is released, where the liquid contents are drained.
On sale there are models with a descent handle. Such products allow you to control the performance of the design. To do this, slightly raise the lever up, after which the spring opens and the water is discharged. The action is recommended to carry out every month. Thanks to the handle, it is easy to drain the entire fluid from the tank.
Manufacturers of high.quality details always indicate marking them, use good materials for manufacturing. The cost of such parts is significantly higher than the elements simpler, but they differ in a longer service and provide better security.
Tools and materials for work
For diagnosis, disassembling and repairing a water heater, a standard set of devices that are in the pantry of even a novice home master is enough.
Such tools, devices and consumables will be required:
- divorce key, plumbing ticks, screwdrivers;
- scissors, steel scraper, pliers;
Since the disassembly of the boiler is accompanied by the descent of a large volume of water, you should take care of the possibility of its rapid collection in case of unforeseen situations. This will require basins, buckets and rags. If the device hangs above the bathroom, it is advisable to cover it with dense material to protect the enamel from damage to objects falling from above.
What to do if the water heater Ariston flowed
Ariston water heater occurs for the following reasons:
- Consequence of improper installation or transportation.
- Wear of the gasket,
- Lack of grounding
- Untimely conduct or complete absence of preventive work.
- Manufacturing defects.
If, during transportation, the device received a strong blow by negligence, the integrity of the welds is violated through which water flows. Unprofessional installation can also cause a leak, if a safety valve was not installed, or the valve parameters do not correspond to pressure in the water line.
If the pressure is more than 5 atmospheres, to renew the boiler service life, it is necessary to install a gearbox, if this does not do it, it can happen that with hydraulic numbers, the safety valve does not have time to suffer excessive pressure. The tank will be expanded, the integrity of the seams may be violated, and, as a result, the tank will flow.
Pressure reducer with manometer
In this case, water will flow from above, it is problematic to repair the tank if it is made of stainless steel can help argon welding or electric welding on direct current. If the surface of the tank is covered with glass.screen, the repair is impossible, only one exit is to buy a new boiler. The use of plastic pipes can also cause leaks, since pipes from such material cannot withstand hydraulic water.
If the water heater Ariston flowed from below, what is the reason and what to do? The reason in this case may be in the wear of the flange laying, which must be replaced with a new. For this, it is required to drain all the water from the water heater, having previously de.energized the device. Remove the lid, remove the flange, change the gasket using a screwdriver and key.
If it flows in the places of connection of the pipes and pipes, there has been depressurization of the compounds, the situation can be corrected using fumlant or other sealant. It happens that Ariston begins to flow from under the flange. Most likely, the reason lies in the incorrect centering or displacement of the flange during preventive work. All this is easily eliminated, without requiring large material investments.
In the absence of grounding or incorrect connection of it, for example, to the water pipe, in the inside of the tank, stray currents appear that contribute to the enhanced corrosion formation, which over time completely destroys the inner shell of the tank. Repair in this case does not make sense, you will have to purchase a new unit.
Pollution of the heating elements of the boiler
Most often, the water heater proceeds due to the untimely or complete lack of cleaning its internal parts. The formation of scale, which destroys the parts of the water heater, occurs due to a large content of salts in tap water, high, above 50 degrees, heating temperatures and untimely replacement of the anode.
The manufacturer recommends replacing the anode at least once a year, but if the water in the water system has increased rigidity, it is better to do this more often. If the anode does not change in a timely manner, this will lead to the destruction of the heating element, its leaks. When. If only the heater was injured, it is possible to save the boiler, changing it and cleaning the tank from Nakipi.
To replace the heater (how to remove Ariston water heaters to remove the heater in this article), it is necessary to remove the device casing, having previously drained water and turn off from power supply. Remove the flange from the device, unscrew the heating element from it. Replace it with a new one, making all the actions in the reverse order. If the water heater was flowing almost immediately after installation, this is most likely a factory marriage and you should contact the seller.
Inside the most vulnerable place is where two parts of the container are welded. In this case, the biggest difficulty is that under the casing is a layer of thermal insulation, which is very difficult to dismantle.
Boiler device diagram
For repair, you will need to take the following steps:
- Disconnect the boiler from the network. Drain the water, turn off all the hoses from the pipes. We remove the plastic cover, for which we unscrew all the bolts (in water heater Termies, one of them is usually hidden under a shiny sticker). Disconnect all the wires and pull out the flange with the heater, substituting the container before this, as the remaining fluids with a scale will flow out.
- Remove the already empty case from the wall. We split the joints of the end parts of the shell from the side.
- One of the most time.consuming stages is the dismantling of thermal insulation. This is done using knives, stabbings for metal and other suitable tools. It is important to do this carefully so as not to damage the tank. A boiler in the section
- Then you need to clean the container on top. If there are obvious holes, cut the threads in them, screw the bolts there and fly on top with a piece of cold welding. At the end, the entire surface is primed and covered with several layers of paint.
- It is advisable to check whether the leaks have disappeared. To do this, the flange is installed, hoses are connected and the boiler is filled with water.
- If the water does not flow, put the casing on top and fill the mounting foam into the gap. We put the end cover, weak the edges and install the water heater in the old place. Connection is made in the reverse order.