Why is the RCD work in water heaters
If you realize that the reason for the interruptions in the network is associated with the device, you can conduct a deeper diagnosis of it and eliminate the malfunction. You can do this yourself if you are sure of your skills in working with electrical appliances and follow all safety rules.
Damage to the plug. power cord
Very often helps ordinary peel cleaning. The search for a different breakdown should start with the diagnosis of wires. This requires a multimeter. After the damaged area is detected, the power cord is replaced.
Troubleshoot Flushing a Water Heater : Hot Water Heaters
- Disconnect the machine from the network.
- From the drum using a hose, drain the remaining water.
- Remove the back panel.
- Unscrew the fastener and remove the network filter.
- Pressing on latches, remove a plastic stopper.
- Gently push the wires, turn off the network interference filter.
- Remove the damaged network cord, set a new.
After installing a new wire, all the described actions must be repeated in the reverse order, gently collecting the machine in the original form.
A short circuit of Ten
The heater may be damaged or overheated due to the naps settling on the metal, which causes a short circuit of the element. You can check the operation of this part of the machine with a multimeter. The disconnected power cable should show the resistance of 20-50 Ohms at a maximum mark of 200 Ohms.
Check the closure on the heater body. To do this, check the indicators for all outputs and grounding bolts with a multimeter. If the device shows at least minimal activity, it can be a closure.
- Depending on the location of the part, remove either the rear panel, or the control unit and the front cover.
- Unscrew the nut of the grounding bolt at 5-6 revolutions.
- Gently remove the heating element from the machine.
Now you need to either fix your native heater or buy a new. Act carefully, without pushing the nut so that the heater does not fall out of the tank. To avoid the cluster of scale on the details, clean the metal parts of the machine with special means once a month.
The network filter is faulty
The network filter in the typewriter is designed to stabilize the voltage when operating the device. With sharp fluctuations in the voltage in the network, it can simply burn out. When closing on it, you can see the melted areas.
In this case, the filter and the cord for its connection are subject to replacement. This work is best entrusted to repairmen, since competent connection of wires will ensure safe operation of the machine.
The engine broke
The engine can “fly” due to the long and frequent operation of the washing or leakage of the tank and the drain hose. To identify a breakdown, you need to nickname the entire surface of the machine and the wiring of the engine itself.
Faulty filter interference
This filter is at the very beginning of the electrocope. To extract it, you need to use the jumpers of the “Earth” phase. The malfunction in the operation of the interference will be visible to the naked eye on the melted contacts.
Contacts and control buttons are faulty
If, when diagnosing a multimeter, problems are found out in the control or contact button, they will have to be completely replaced with new. To do this, disassemble the control panel and carefully install the new button. The main thing is to correctly connect all the wiring.
Disturbed and duffed electrical wires
Another reason why the protective apparatus can work during the operation of the machine is damage on its electric wires. They are visible during examination. If you can see melting, cuts, scuffs or breaks, these defects must be eliminated using soldering or complete replacement of the wire. With independent repair, remember re.isolation.
Any malfunctions in the operation of washing machines and other electrical appliances may indicate serious problems with wiring and stress in the apartment. The sooner the reason is revealed, the less chance that they will lead to serious consequences.
The boiler does not work (does not turn on). what are the causes of the malfunction and what to do
Why the flow water heater does not turn on, there can be many reasons, consider the most common malfunctions.
Lack of feeding on the device. Firstly, the cable itself that connects the device with the shield can be damaged, call its ends by the tester or indicator screwdriver. The indicator should glow on only one wire, in the phase, neither “zero” nor “earth” in a good wire glow. If the cable is damaged, the boiler can be beaten by current.
How to Troubleshoot an Electric Water Heater
Secondly, you should check if the fuse has knocked out. When installing for reliable operation of the water heater, it should be taken into account that for units with a capacity of more than 3 kW, a wire with a cross section of at least 4 kV is used.mm, for disconnecting from power, a double.pole switch with a fuse is used, the machine should be 30 A at a power of 5 kW and 40 A.
over, Termyx Stream is characterized by separate inclusion of each of the two heating elements, thereby you can regulate the electricity consumed and the rate of water heating. If a model without a protective flask, a scale forms on a heating element over time, which corrodes the metal and causes the failure of the heater.
You can check its serviceability using a tester by measuring the resistance at its contacts, the lack of resistance indicates its breakdown. If the heater broke, the easiest way will be to buy a new heater, since its price is not much less than the device itself. But if you decide to change the heater, you should remember that its power should be exactly the same as the original.
They burn most often due to the fact that the device is turned on with small pressure, the sensors do not have time to work, as a result, the heater burns. To reduce the effects of aggressive impurities in water, the filter should be put.
The microwter provides the supply of electric energy to the heating element. The membrane under the influence of various impurities and salts contained in water, under the influence of low temperature, if the device is used in the country, since time loses its elasticity and cannot affect the micro.transcript of.
For example, in Gorenie models, Ariston, working pressure should be 0.6 MPa. If the pressure is smaller, it is necessary to put the pump. In some cases, it is enough to install the heater below as close to the pipe as possible.
There are reverse situations when the device does not turn off. This can happen when the switch button is melted, with a temperature sensor malfunction, they can stick the relay contacts and do not turn off the heater when the water supply is stopped. When using ATN for reliable and long work, you should remember that water is turned on first, and then electricity is turned off in the reverse order.
If a 25a switch is installed in the shield, and a load that exceeds this value is simultaneously included in the network, then it is logical to assume that after some time the device will be turned off. In this way, the protection of the wiring from overheating and subsequent ignition is ensured.
One of the reasons for the periodic shutdown of the machine is too many connected electrical appliances
How to determine that the device turned off precisely due to overload? Most likely, the device will connect again and re.turn off after a small time period. The process will be repeated until any electrical appliance is turned off from the outlet.
Tip: in this case, it is extremely undesirable to replace the machine with a different model, with a large denomination. The best solution is to arrange a separate wiring and a group of outlets to power it from it to an additional auto switch.
What to do
The problem can be eliminated in the following ways:
- Check the water heater. frequent inclusion of protection suggests that the device is faulty;
- Replace the RCD with a new one, when choosing, focus on the number of phases on the network and nominal load current.
Determining the reason for knocking out a machine gun
If a leak on a boiler is found, you need to turn off the power supply. Then you need to disconnect the terminal from the water heater. This will prevent re.triggering the machine.
Features of the repair and replacement of the RCD
If the machine is knocked out when the boiler is turned on, there is a high probability of breakdown. You can fix a faulty RCD with experience, tools and details. The optimal solution for the owners is the replacement of the device. To determine its probability, a monthly check is necessary. To do this, use the artificial leak button.
The nuances of repair work
Before repair, it is necessary to de.energize the network
The complexity of the repair lies in the absence of a scheme. Therefore, with self.elimination of malfunctions, one should be guided by such an algorithm:
- Removal of sealants and screws on the case.
- Removing fasteners with a slotted screwdriver and disassembling the device.
- Production of the scheme through sketching from the printed circuit board.
- Testing the device. The leakage current is imitated by voltage supply from the resistor to the amplifier. The leak is indicated by the activation of the systemist and the closure of the chain.
- Elimination of the malfunction and assembly of the device.
Connect the water heater in order to protect against leaks, overloads, short circuits through an RCD or automatic.
Knocking out the device of protective shutdown of boilers for several reasons. The breakdown can be found independently. Since the RCD is not equipped with a diagram and is a complex device, it is easier to replace than to repair.
What are we paying first of all
Before solving the problem, it is important to understand how the RCD is triggered:
- Immediately after the initial inclusion after installing the protective shutdown device itself;
- After the installation of any equipment (sockets, switches and other things. Including, and the RCD itself);
- There is no general grounding circuit, there was a touch of the electrical appliance case, which is energized due to the breakdown of insulation.
Block: 4/10 | Summer characters: 449
Why does the water heater knock out traffic jams:
The main function of the RCD is the protection of the electrical network going after it and the devices connected to it. The reason for the machine gun, after turning on the boiler, may be as follows:
- Exceeding the permissible load. Often a one.time inclusion in the apartment of the boiler and a number of other household appliances (kettle, electric stove, vacuum cleaner) leads to exceeding the maximum power and overload of the home power grid. In this case, the machine operates, protecting the wiring and devices from blocking. Ariston and other stamps of water heaters have different power consumed. Its value primarily depends on the volume of the tank, if it exceeds the permissible power of the RCD, the device will turn off the flow of current to the boiler.
- The machine is faulty. RCD can work due to poor-quality details or violations during assembly. Disconnecting the machine can cause weakening or breaking the contact between the wire and the switch. Such a defect causes the heating of the contacting plate and the entire RCD, which drives the heat release. Sometimes the permissible power value indicated on the device does not correspond to the real.
- Damage to an electric water heater. Often the reason for the operation of the RCD when the boiler is turned on, indicates a malfunction of the device. Disconnecting, the machine prevents the possibility of electrical injury and further damage to the boiler. The most common defect is the breakdown of electric current on the case. The cause of the malfunction is the destroyed insulation of the heating. If the heater is not grounded, then water, housing, metal pipes and taps connected to the boiler, in which case begin to “fight”.
Block: 2/3 | Summer characters: 1670
Why is the RCD work on the water heater
One of the frequent causes of damage to water heaters is the operation of the RCD. In this article we will tell you why the RCD is triggered on the water heater.
Each person in the house has electrical appliances. Typically, the owner tries to protect them from possible jumps in electricity, setting various voltage stabilizers (after all, increased or reduced voltage can cause an electrical equipment breakdown).
However, from electric shock damage, it is necessary to protect not only electrical appliances. but also their owner. To avoid injuries from electricity and ensure the safety of household appliances, they install either a special protective shutdown (RCD), or a differential machine.
Why does the RCD work on the water heater. a question that requires careful consideration. Since the water heater is not just an electric device. And the electrical appliance, which directly contacts water.
On the consequences of an electric shock at the moment when you take a shower, speak unnecessarily. Therefore, the RCD is one of the most important elements of the water heater. And therefore, the RCD is installed on all water heater regularly, and not as an option.
And if it knocks an RCD, this is a signal: something is wrong. And until you figure out what exactly is not so, it is extremely recommended to use the water heater is not recommended.
Modern water heater wire
How to connect an RCD correctly.
There are two possible connection options:
- Connection to the outlet. This connection diagram is possible for devices with a small rated power. Another important condition should be the presence of grounding in this outlet, and when installed in the bathroom, it should be moisture.resistant. If the device is quite large, the outlet will heat up, as a result, the density of the joke and the nest will become weak, the gap in the contacts will appear and will sparkle.
- Connection through additional copper cable. connected directly to electrical panel and equipped RCD. With such a scheme, there is no fork and outlet, and the shutdown will occur through an automatic circuit breaker (machine), with which the water heater will be protected, and the protection of users will be assigned directly to the protection device.
The main task of the RCD (protective shutdown) is to protect against electricity damage. His work consists in a constant comparison of the currents of phase and zero conductors, with an increase in their difference
There is a rupture of the chain. When choosing what it is to put, two values are taken into account: it is recommended to choose a little more in value than the machine) and the value of its leak, not exceeding 30 mA. To install the boiler, a type A or type gt is suitable. Currently, many manufacturers are presented on the market, but preference should be given more reliable, such as: Legrand, ABB, AEG, because you should not save on safety.
The main condition for a safe and reliable boiler service is its correct connection to the mains, with the least number of connecting elements. All connections should be performed in rooms with minimal humidity, except for connecting the wire directly to the water heater. The best connection place is an electric shield, all elements are installed in it.
Next, we consider on the example of some parameters:
- How much space takes in the shield. It is important for owners of small shields, since the RCD is set paired with a machine gun, respectively, it will take two places. So, here is the championship at the difavtomat.
- Installation. If the assault rifle is, then we connect the phase on the machine, then from its exit you need to make a jumper to the exit to the protection device. The zero wire is attached to the protection entrance. If the connection occurs for a differential device, then we immediately connect the phase and zero to the input terminals. Thus, again the best option is this difavtomat, as a very simple connection.
- Ease of operation. If the devices are separated, it is easier to find out the reason, if the RCD is disconnected, then there is a current leak, the automaton is turned off. it means that the voltage or short circuit has occurred. And in the case of connecting a difavtomat, you will need to spend more time searching for the cause of the breakdown.
- Price. In cost, these two devices are approximately the same.
- Durability.Here everything will depend on the company to which you will give preference and on the state of your wiring. And yet, if a breakdown occurs in the RCD, you will most likely have to replace either its or automatic, it will be cheaper than replacing the entire difavtomat unit.
- As for reliability. There is an opinion that if the device is a combined type, it means that it is less reliable than individual devices. According to the result of numerous checks and tests, there is no specific leader.
Which difavtomat is suitable for Termyx or Ariston heaters with a capacity of 2 kW. it will be 16A, and if you stop at the RCD, then at 20A.