After what time the refrigerator should turn off
The refrigerator refers to such household appliances that work cycles. Knowing how often the refrigerator should turn on, you can understand whether it works correctly or not. The compressor operates during the period, as a result in the cells, the air is cooled to a given temperature. The frequency of switching and disconnecting depends on different factors. For the correct diagnosis and repair, we recommend contacting the renovation repair.com
Under the cycles of the apparatus, this refers to the time when it produces cold, namely the duration of the functioning of the compressor electric motor. Devices can work with a short and rapid number of launch cycles. If the cycle of the refrigerator is disturbed, then there is any malfunction, or this happened due to its improper operation.
It is considered undesirable if in an hour the number of motor inclusions is represented by one cycle. But this failure does not always speak of a malfunction.
With a rare disconnection, the compressor downtime increases, the evaporator manages to thaw, a layer of ice forms on the walls. Due to the frequent inclusion and off of the compressor, the period of rest and the functioning of the refrigerator is reduced. The motor has to consume more electricity. especially when it turns on. As a result, electricity costs are growing. With prolonged compressor operation, products in the chamber are rewind.
After what time the refrigerator should turn off
The ratio of the minutes of active freezing and rest is approximately the same. How much time a refrigerator works a day? The device works and rests for about 12 hours.
As for the interval for turning on and off the refrigerator, the operation time depends on:
This period on average is 2-2.5 hours. The design of all devices has a thermoregulatory device and a special control element. They allow you to set the required temperature. The compressor of the apparatus, which has long been operated, is rarely turned on, because the products have already cooled.
After what time the refrigerator should turn off when the first turned on? In this case, he will work continuously until he gains the desired temperature. this can last from 2 to 8 hours or more. In two.chamber devices with the No Frost system after starting and freezing, thanks to the thermostat and evaporator, the thawing mode is turned on. On average, the frequency of the working cycle is 9-16 minutes, it takes from 2 to 5 minutes to cool, the rest of the time is thawed. The cycle is disturbed after the refrigerator has been defrosted, or repaired. How much time refrigerators gain temperature after defrosting or repair?
In these cases, the duration of continuous work affects:
Experts do not advise loading the camera, and the thermorele handle recommends installing on the minimum value.
Then answering the question of how much the refrigerator is gaining cold after defrosting, we can say that it will take about 3 hours. Then you can put more products, but only cooled.
How often the refrigerator should turn on
There are norms that regulate how often the refrigerator should turn on and turn off. Namely, the exact repeatability of the launches and stops of the compressor motor. Household refrigerators are mainly turned on for 1 hour 4-8 times, one cycle is from 8 to 15 minutes. The electric motor operates for about 2-4 minutes with the indicated duration of the discharge of cold air inside the chambers. The compressor should not turn on in an hour only 1 time or not disconnected at all. This indicates a loss of his performance or a leak of freon.
Often the reason that the refrigerator is constantly turning on, it works for a long time and rarely turns off. improper operation. By their own negligence, owners make mistakes. If your refrigerator freezes, but does not turn off for a long time, then:
- Check if the Super Frost function is turned on. In some models, it is turned off manually, not automatically.
- Ensure radiator cooling on the back wall. Do not move the refrigerator close to the wall, do not put it next to heat sources (heaters, stove, heating radiators).
- Do not set low temperature in the chambers in the summer. The greater the difference in temperature in the room and inside the refrigerator, the more often it will turn on.
- Do not put hot food in the refrigerator. Heated dishes and products increase the temperature inside the chambers and make the compressor work with greater intensity.
- Set the temperature in the main chamber at least 4 degrees, in the freezer.18 ° C and above. In summer, increase it by 2-5 degrees.
Separately, it is worth saying about inverter compressors. They always work, but with different intensity. Sometimes noise appears and it may seem that the compressor began to work constantly at high power. The reason is usually weakening fasteners and a small vibration.
Methods of personnel correction of the situation
To begin with, you should once again get acquainted with the recommendations for the operation of the refrigerator and check, it corresponds to the real situation of what is written in the instructions.
Solving the problem by rearranging
If between the refrigerator and the wall located at the back there is no gap or it is too small, just move the unit.
If the refrigerator does not turn off, you need to check the settings of the thermostat. Too low temperature in hot weather on the outside can lead to excess load on the compressor
I need to do the same if the refrigerator is too close to the heat source. Most likely you have to make a small rearrangement to place the device in a more suitable place. Then you need to check the temperature settings, measure the total air temperature in the room, and adjust the situation.
If, after these simple manipulations, the refrigerator began to turn off properly, you need to observe its work. The compressor periods should not be too long.
Search for violation in isolation
If everything is in order with operating conditions, or if the situation is fixed, and the engine continues to work without stops, it’s time to look for other options.
Wear of the sealing laying on the refrigerator door or its deformation can lead to depressurization and violation of heat transfer inside the device
First you need to inspect the rubber seal around the perimeter of the refrigerator doors. From time to time, the material could deform and start passing the air. If the seal looks new and elastic, you can look for damage on it. A small hole causes many problems.
It is easy to replace the seal. To do this, you need to purchase a new element, remove the old rubber, clean the base and glue the intact gasket using special glue or epoxy resin. Of course, during the work, the refrigerator should be disconnected from power supply.
One of the reasons for the depressurization of the refrigerator camera is the improper installation of the refrigerator doors. This is due to the inept actions of the master. It also happens, but less often, as a result of the use of defective elements.
If the seal is in order, you need to inspect the doors and the place of their fastening. The master will help to identify and eliminate the shortcomings.
The compressor can work without stopping due to the fact that the contacts of the starting relay, as it were, are bought at the junction, the rupture of the circuit becomes impossible
Determination of technical malfunctions
Problems often arise due to the starting relay of the compressor. This element turns on and off the engine to start the process of circulation of the refrigerant and cooling the air. Over time, the mobile contacts of the device are welded, “plugged” and cease to open up.
As a result, the compressor remains under voltage and continues to work continuously, regardless of the readings of the thermal sensor. To detect the presence of such a breakdown, you need to use an ohmmeter.
Installation of a new relay is a difficult operation, it is better for beginners to reprore such a repair to a specialist so as not to spoil the compressor finally. Freon leakage is not easy to diagnose at home. The refrigerant has neither smell nor color, it simply evaporates into the environment, without causing harm.
Using a soap solution allows you to accurately detect places of damage to the refrigerator. To do this, air should be downloaded to the system under pressure
This video shows a check for a freon leak and diagnosis of the condition of the capillary tube using the example of the Bosch refrigerator:
It is also better to entrust the refueling by Freon, who has equipment suitable for this type of work. The leakage place is determined by visual inspection of the contour.
But the damage can be so invisible that to identify them, it will have to open the refrigerator and drain the remnants of the freon from it. Then the air under pressure is pumped into the tubes.
It should be small so as not to aggravate existing damage, but at the same time sufficient for successful diagnosis. A soap solution is applied to the surface of the tubes, which will bubble in places where the tightness is disturbed.
The air is pulled, the cracks are sealed, then the refrigerant floods the system into the system. In some difficult cases, when the circuits of the circuit cannot be restored on the spot, the refrigerator is taken for repair to the service center.
If the refrigerator works without breaks due to the leakage of the freon, to refuel the system with a new portion of the refrigerant, you will have to unscrew a special tube
The refrigerator thermal controllers can have a very different structure depending on the refrigerator model. If the rod flew out in the device, just adjust its position so that the unit starts to work normally.
But it also happens that during defrosting, water gets inside the regulator. This leads to the closure of the electric system, you will have to completely replace the thermostat. To perform such work, it is better to invite a master who can choose the right element for replacement.
If the thermostat in the refrigerator has broken and it was not possible to fix it, you will have to install a new element. The easiest way is to insert the falling stem in place
The control module malfunction can also be diagnosed only by the master using testing equipment. Minor problems by an experienced refrigerator can eliminate immediately.
Causes of malfunction when the refrigerator works without pauses
Factors, what is the reason why the refrigerator works in violation of the cyclical standards./Off. Or constantly:
- Violation of the operation of a serviceable refrigerator:
- improper placement, configuration, adjustment, and the temperature regime;
- The refrigerator does not freeze and is weakly cold due to depressurization, cracks in the seal, distortions of loops, a loose fit of the door. The sensor fixes the constant temperature insufficiency, for a given thermal regime and forced the work, there are no commands to turn off;
- problems of electrical units: sensors, relay, motor;
- thawing breakdowns in Nofrost (fan, heating element);
- Freon leakage.
Incorrect accommodation, configuration, operation
The uninterrupted or too long operation of the compressor may be associated with the following:
- It cannot be ruled out that the refrigerator does not turn off in the heat for a long time, it constantly works due to improper placement: the absence of an air gap from the wall, the elevated temperature in the room, the proximity of batteries, heating, heating devices. The result is a heated compressor that needs to work longer to cool the cameras. The heat can cause the poor operation of the engine, especially worn out, and its burning due to loads;
- The user simultaneously put the cooling and freezing to the maximum by the thermostat. To ensure the most intense mode in all cameras, the motor should work for several hours without stopping or a day. Example: Activated “Super-Zamorozhka” and maximum cooling in the refrigerator compartment. The way out, what to do if the refrigerator is constantly working without breaks: check the settings, these modes are often not disconnected automatically, they need to be deactivated manually;
- The mountains of frozen products create overload and can provoke long.term operation of the motor, they interfere with the movement of air flows inside the cabinet;
- A TV, heavy objects are placed on the top panel, which changes the geometry of the case.
Household appliances have its own climatic class, especially important for refrigerators, freezers. for them the temperature conditions set by the manufacturer directly relate to the quality of work. For example, if you put a refrigerator in a closed small, an unciting room with T ° 30, then the duration of the engine will increase up to the absence of stops.
In a room with high temperatures, the likelihood of poor work with a weak compressor and wear of the seal increases. Under normal conditions, a slight penetration of heat can be invisible, but it will significantly affect the functioning of the refrigerator in the heat, especially if the motor is old and has already lost part of its operational resource.
Causes of depressurization, loose door closing:
- wear, skew, jam, pinching, gaps in sealing elastic bands along the perimeter of the door, including in the inner chamber (in the freezer);
- loop bias;
- Incorrect adjustment of the height of the legs, for example, with an inclination of the body in one direction. The consequence is also the uneven load: wear, skew progress faster.
During depressurization, warm air enters the chambers, the cold comes out. the temperature rises, the thermal attempt is fixed by its constant shortage. A closed cycle is created: the compressor is constantly trying to lower T °, for which it operates uninterruptedly, the refrigerator does not turn off. The following is observed: the device is basically working, but with short breaks, the refrigerator does not function correctly (works but does not cool), and the freezer is poorly freezed.
Damage of the components and parts of the system
Pomegments of breakdowns of the functional parts of the refrigerator:
- Damage to the thermostat, launch relay, sensor. The first user sets the temperature. The latter fixes its achievement and gives a signal on the relay to open the power circuit and turn off the motor. The malfunction of one of the listed nodes is a common cause of continuous operation of the refrigerator;
- Freon leak. Due to the violation of the tightness of the tubes, containers with the refrigerant, the compounds between them, the substance follows. The ability to cool due to shortage of freon is reduced, as well as due to reduction of pressure, which is insufficient for full circulation. The sensor fixes the need for compensation and gives the engine to act without pauses;
- The consequences of traffic jams in the capillary tube similar to the above described.
Over time, relay contacts can stick, weld, there is a risk that the engine will operate until the burning. Similar consequences if a thermal attemptor has broken when he does not have a reaction to the temperature.
Tips for improving the work of the refrigerator
We all know that the refrigerator is much harder to work in the summer, since the heat released will not allow to cool, since the room also has an increased temperature.
In order to help your refrigerator cope with your tasks, you can install an additional fan. This fan should be at least 12 volts. Such fans are installed on computers, and they cope well with the task.
To install such a fan, you will need to contact the refrigerator of the Tyumen refrigerator, where you will be installed quickly enough for you. But so that you do not pay more money, ask the masters to install the fans sequentially.
This will still reduce the noise that is created during the fan operation.
In order to improve the work of the refrigerator, you can use in a way that will not require any material costs from you.
This method will be that you will need to put forward a refrigerator a little forward and this will allow the air faster and easier to penetrate to the rear wall of the refrigerator.
Thanks to air flow, the wall will not heat up so much and will constantly, cool.
You will also have to defrost the refrigerator. If too much ice has gathered in the refrigerator, then this can also cause the refrigerator to work not at full power. After defrosting the refrigerator, it will be necessary to increase the cooling temperature.
Those who do not need to defrost the refrigerator, it is recommended to clean the drain hole where the moisture accumulates. This moisture appears at those moments when you open the refrigerator to get anything from it.
To do this, it will be enough for you to pull out a special stopper and wash it, and then put it in place.
When uninterrupted work is not a breakdown
The compressor is constantly active, but there is no breakdown. Is it possible? Non.stop work of the motor occurs in the following cases:
- temperature injection after defrosting. At the end of defrosting, the technique is included in the network and operates cyclically. But why then the refrigerator works for wear and does not turn off? The phenomenon is associated with the heating of the temperature compressor. In a few hours, the device will go into standard mode;
- noisy device fan with no frost. The noise of the fan of modern models is similar to the buzz of the compressor. You need to check the motor, but before that it is worth studying the instructions;
- voltage drops in the network. The vulnerability of electronic boards leads to malfunctions of the microprocessor, and the motor cannot stop. After detecting the error code on the display, reboot the device. It is advisable to install a stabilizer;
- Incorrect care. The non.stop functionality of the engine will prevent regular defrosting, careful cleaning of pollution. Ice and snow fur coat cannot be removed with a knife. Placing hot dishes for cooling is contraindicated.
If it freezes
If everything is clear with uninterrupted cooling, then why does the refrigerator work without a break, and the temperature in the chambers is not too low? This behavior of the technique says that the compressor does not turn off, because it cannot cool the cameras to the desired level. This can happen for the following reasons:
- Warm air from the outside gets inside the refrigerator if the door closes loosely. The root of this problem lies in the deterioration of a rubber seal located around the perimeter, which serves to seal.
- Leakage of a refrigerator known as Freon. This substance is of great importance because, in fact, “selects” the heat from the objects inside the refrigerator and “gives” it. Thus, to maintain a low temperature, the compressor regularly must be discharged freon into the system. But with a lack of refrigerant, the effectiveness of the compressor is reduced, and it all the time tries to reduce the temperature to the level impossible under these conditions.
- One of the reasons why the refrigerator cannot dial the desired temperature may be in a warm room. Sometimes problems arise even at a temperature of 30 ° C, despite the fact that manufacturers try to protect the equipment from the influence of such conditions.
Do not think that only heat can interfere with the normal functioning of the refrigerator. Oddly enough, but the native, it would seem, the environment also harms this device. Look into the technical documentation, and you will see that most of the models work (at least designed for work) at a temperature of at least 5 ° C. Therefore, put them on unheated balconies or leave them on unheated dachas in the winter time of the year.
Correct care will relieve problems
Malfunctions often arise due to the fault of the owners of household appliances themselves. The following errors are considered the most common:
- neglect of regular defrosting of the unit;
- too frequent defrosting;
- placement of the device in the warmth;
- Camera overload with products;
- installation on the upper panel of the aggregate of heavy objects;
- careless treatment that led to depressurization;
- Attempts to remove ice with sharp objects.
It is important to adhere to the instructions for defrosting the refrigerator. You need to turn off the power, open the doors and allow the hoorful to melt the natural way. With competent care, the device will work regularly for many years.
With violation of the cyclicity of turning on and off the compressor, do not postpone the repair. It is necessary to call a master who will figure it out, why refrigerators are not disconnected, and will take measures. Processing will lead to the fact that the engine will burn and the cost of returning the refrigerator to working condition will increase markedly.
How to determine a sound malfunction
You can understand the cause of the breakdown by sound analysis. Listen to the device during its inclusions and disconnects. Was there a click before he turned off? Another important point: the volume of the motor sound. If he “buzzes” louder than before, then there is clearly some problems with him. It can be a relay or compressor. A faulty electronic board is also a possible reason.
The refrigerator malfunction can be determined independently using sound analysis.
If the compressor is burned, it needs to be replaced
It is important to choose a model that meets the technical characteristics for your freezer cabinet. Connect it correctly
If you do not know how to do this, look at the guides, or call a specialist. The same manipulations are carried out with the relay. If the problem is in the control unit, use the services of masters. They will reprogram it or replace it completely.
The exact cause of the refrigerator breakdown can be clarified by a qualified master.
In some cases, it is easier to buy new equipment than to repair the old. Every year, the models are equipped with new functions, so what to repair the old “junk”, when there are so many new and “advanced” stores in stores.
- The average person reads a guide to use the device only when something went wrong. This is a gross mistake. You need to read the instructions carefully before you turn on the refrigerator.
- Install the refrigerator strictly in level. If you have a curve floor, then put something under the legs of the refrigerator.
- The location of the device is of great importance. Ideally, it should be located away from the sink, slabs and batteries. You can also not put it close to the wall. You need a distance, at least 3-5 cm to ensure air circulation.
- The device should have its own outlet. If you use the common, this can lead to fire.
So that the refrigerator serves much longer you need to close the door tightly each time.
And here is what the masters for the care of technology advise so that it will serve you for many years.
PERFECT BOILED EGGS (EVERY TIME) | hard boiled eggs soft boiled eggs
- Close the door tightly and do not keep it open for a long time. In modern devices for these purposes there is a special signal that says that the door is open too long.
- If the device does not have the No Frost function, then you will have to regularly defrost the freezer. This is done once a month.
- Follow the purity of rubber laying because it does not allow depressurization.
- Hot dishes are not put in the refrigerator. Only cooled to room temperature.
- Do not fill the refrigerator “under the tie”. This creates an additional load for him.
- Do not cover the shelves with anything. So you put air circulation inside the cabinet.
Vedo. Girls Need Love (Summer Walker Remake)
A large role can play the location of the refrigerator.
Additional Information. With tips on organizing proper storage of food: