Do not hurry to disassemble the washing machine and change the drain pump. first determine exactly what the cause of failure is. To do this, you will have to perform simple actions:
- “listen” to the pump;
- Open the drain filter and perform its cleaning;
- clean the drain hose;
- determine how the pump impeller rotates;
- Check the contact group, and all sensors that go to the pump.
A number of faults are easily determined by ear. it is enough to come up to the working washing machine and listen. It is necessary to wait for the moment of draining or taking in the liquid. When the pump begins to hum and tries to work intensely, but there is no water in the tank, or from the pump do not hear any sounds. you have located the fault.
How to check and repair the pump on a washing machine
If the washing machine fails, then the first thing to do is diagnose. Only after determining the exact cause, you can begin to repair the pump with your own hands. Typical signs of pump failure are:
- Lack of response to set programs;
- A strong humming noise while pouring or draining water;
- Water comes in incomplete volume;
- the machine shuts off or somehow malfunctions during the filling process.
Usually your washing machine works in automatic mode. you do not need to perform any unnecessary actions. If this does not happen, then perhaps you should check the impeller or replace the entire pump.
See also. Why the washing machine makes a lot of noise when spinning
Various steps should be taken to diagnose and routine repair and troubleshooting procedures:
- Listen to the pump during operation for extraneous sounds;
- Open the case and clean the drain filter;
- Clean the drain hose;
- check if the pump impeller rotates normally, if there is no jamming.
In addition, the problem may lie in the electronics, for example, damaged or disconnected contacts going to the pump. The sensors that ensure stable operation can also malfunction.
After that, you can determine what exactly is wrong with the washing machine and how to conduct repairs. If you are sure that the whole thing in the pump, then you can proceed directly to repair with your own hands. This will require the usual set of tools. Performing all the steps correctly will help save the machines, so that you do not have to replace the pump. Otherwise, the contacts or the motor itself may burn out.
Signs of breakage of the washing machine pump
If there are problems with the pump, the machine can:
- does not respond to the set program;
- Make humming noises when you draw or drain water;
- Fill the drum with less water than is normal;
- The appliance may turn off completely during the water intake process.
Washing machine not turning on. Control Panel Troubleshooting!
To diagnose and if necessary to repair the pump of the machine or to replace it, you need:
- Listen to the operation of the machine to check for unusual noises. If the machine makes a lot of noise when draining, it means there is water in the pump or some of its parts are deformed;
- Open the panel to remove the clog in the drain filter. All small foreign objects are found here hair, threads, buttons, seeds, etc.д.;
- Clean the drain hose. Even if it looks undamaged, you still need to take it off and rinse it under hot water;
- check the operation of the impeller, it may be jammed. It is located behind the drain strainer which must be unscrewed and removed. You will see the blades of the impeller, which should be rotated. The rotation should not be too light. If there is any debris from bras, coins, threads and hair, it must be removed;
- Check the integrity of contacts and the efficiency of sensors going to the pump.
If in the process of diagnosis the cause of problems in the washing machine was determined by the pump, then you will have to inspect it. To get to it you will need the standard tools.
How to clean the drainage system and the pump of the washing machine?
Each washing machine has a special recessed panel at the bottom (see photo 1). photo 1).
In the right corner there is a filter. If the machine stops draining water, strongly hums and rattles, the condition of the filter element should be checked first. To do this, perform the following steps:
- De-energize the household appliance by unplugging it;
- lean the machine against the wall at an angle as shown in photo 2;
The inside of the filter and impeller are clogged with various kinds of debris (including coins, if the s of clothes before washing are not checked). It should be removed carefully using improvised means (e.g. tweezers, awl, etc.). п.). It is better to drain the remaining water from the filter.
Please note! In some models of washing machines, the filter is located on the left corner of the panel.
There are situations when the washing system of the machine does not work because of clogged hoses. To eliminate the problem, you perform their blowing or cleaning manually. In addition, there are models of machines with a special sump, which also tends to clog. It is installed next to the drainage pipe, located under the bottom of the appliances (see. photo 4).
If your machine has such an element, it should also be removed and checked for blockages.
Cleaning the internal contaminants
To do this, use a screwdriver to pry open the latch on both sides of the motor housing and remove it from the coil.
There are also the so-called “indestructible” motors, but they can be “treated”.
After detaching the body with the blades from the coil, we see a monolithic part. It seems to be impossible to remove the spider. But there is a little trick.
- Take an ordinary construction hair dryer, set it to the lowest temperature, put on gloves and start heating the shank of the part (the longest part). Do this carefully.
- After a while, when the shank is well warmed up, pry under the shank with a screwdriver and carefully remove it (together with magnet) from the body.
There may be a lot of dirt on the magnet and where it was removed from. It is necessary to clean everything thoroughly, and then you can remove the magnet itself from the shaft. You will see the bearing, which needs to be cleaned and lubricated accordingly. Lubricate also the bearing on the bottom of the housing.
Then push everything in place, pressing lightly until it clicks into place. The o-ring under the blades must snap properly into its seat.
The picture below shows a dirty motor from an Indesit machine.
In this type of motor, in addition to the above-mentioned procedures, you may need to replace the gaskets.
The pump in the washing machine broke
The washing machine pump is broken? How to find out if the pump, the pump of the washing machine is actually out of order? Let’s try to get to the bottom of this issue now. To begin with, it is necessary to understand exactly what symptoms are associated with the pump and its breakdown, and for this we need to study the question. Pump, the pump of the washing machine is a unit that has a plastic housing, coil windings and a mechanical magnetic core with a plastic impeller, which when rotated removes water from the washing machine. The washing machine pump is only responsible for pumping water out of the washing machine, it should not be confused with the solenoid valves to let water into the washing machine.
the washing machine does not empty the water; the washing machine does not spin, the washing machine does not start at all; the washing machine buzzes and does nothing; the washing machine has water in it; the washing machine gives out a digital or letter code error, all these visible factors can indicate a faulty pump, the pump of the washing machine!
7 989 807 61 96 Repair of washing machines in Krasnodar at home, Alexander
Tips and recommendations
If you still have to buy a new one, we recommend that you take the dismantled elements and go to the store with them.
The in-loading door lock is broken or won’t close
One of the main protections of the new generation washing machines is the lock on the door hatch. If it is not securely closed or closed without a characteristic click water will not be poured into the machine and the washing program will not start. Make sure the door is tightly closed. To do this open and close the door again. Start the washing program again.
In some cases the door may not be locked and the corresponding error icon on the electronic display is lit. This means that you have a broken lock: the problem is in the fixing tab or latch, located inside the body of the machine itself. Open the door and look carefully: maybe the rod that serves as the latch’s fastener has fallen out of the tab on the door. It can be inserted by carefully disassembling the door. A mechanically broken lock and damaged door will need to be replaced.
With frequent and prolonged use, the washing machine hatch can loosen the hinges that connect it to the body of the washer. This will cause the door to snap tight. Screw the hinges with your own hands using a screwdriver.
Symptoms: the washing machine constantly draws water and immediately drains it.
If you notice that during the intake of water in the tank of the machine it simultaneously drains from there, then it is very likely that when you installed the machine was incorrectly connected the drain to the sewer.
To avoid spontaneous drainage, the drain hose should either be connected through a special siphon, or fastened to the sewer at a height of 50-60 cm. from the floor. If the hose connection point is inaccessible, there is a simple way to make sure that the cause of the drain is in the wrong installation: during the rinse, press pause and check if the water continues to drain. if “yes”, then you found the reason. And here’s how to fix it. it is up to you: if you have the necessary tools and skills, you may well fix the drain yourself, but it is still better to call a specialist.