Before you start to work on the construction of the ceiling dryer with your own hands or buying it, you must accurately determine the basic parameters you need dryer.
- The size of the useful area. The number of family members, frequency of washing and the presence of small children. all this will affect the parameters of your dryer volume. When buying the finished model, you should be guided by the specified load. In self-made, this criterion must be calculated independently.
- Dryer material. This factor directly affects the cost of products. The simplest and cheapest ones are made of plastic or aluminum. Under regular load plastic bars quickly fail, and aluminum ones can leave hard-to-clean stains on laundry. Dryers made of steel are more durable, but here the deciding factor may be the increased weight of the construction. The best option is considered stainless steel, but the cost of such products will be high.
- Type of construction. Usually several parameters are distinguished at once. These are stationary and movable dryers, floor, wall or ceiling dryers. There are universal models, as well as compact versions with the ability to hang them from the radiator.
- Electric dryers can be divided into a separate type of devices. The principle of operation. the supply of warm air into the cavity of the tubes or their heating. The advantages are fast drying, but there are also many disadvantages. First of all it is high cost, big dimensions and additional electricity consumption.
Manufacturers of ready-made dryers are also usually taken into account. Quality brands will give a detailed description of their products with all the technical specifications (dimensions, maximum load, fastening method, the total weight of the construction). If there is very little information, or it does not match the claims, you may have got a fake.
Manufacturing clothes dryer with his own hands
Laundry dryer. the most necessary item of everyday life in our lives. But you can not always afford to buy a quality dryer that will last a long time. What to do in such a case? To make such a dryer yourself! There are many options. And all of them do not take a lot of time and money to make them.
Ceiling dryer is great for loggias and balconies. You can make wooden, plastic or metal structures, it all depends on the availability of material.
To create a simple dryer on the balcony, it is required:
Through polypropylene pipes and holes drilled in the slats beforehand we pass the rope and fix the construction to the loggia ceiling. It is worth considering the height of the dryer. It should be at the level of raised hands, and above the head, so that when you go to the loggia, they do not injure your family.
(Graphic) Kids Hand Gets Stuck Up Bathroom Dryer
The ceiling dryer is ideal for loggias and balconies
It is also necessary to paint the wooden slats, because wood is susceptible to moisture and dampness.
To hang damp things on such a dryer would be easy, thanks to turning pipes around the rope. Multicolored things will not stain because the tubes can be easily washed and wiped.
For the bathroom, the ceiling dryer can be made of plastic pipes, with an accordion mechanism, self-tapping screws and hooks.
Assemble the dryer according to the instructions. For this purpose we measure the necessary width, drill holes in the wall of the bathroom, if you do not regret the made repair in it, and attach the assembled construction. Such a folding dryer can be extended to a certain length, but it is strictly forbidden to hang heavy things.
In the bathroom, a grid made of wooden slats is a good idea. This dryer is placed on the bathtub, and on it you can put wet, heavy things to drain the water.
Material selection criteria
As a rule, ceiling dryers are made of aluminum, plastic, stainless steel or wood. Any of these designs has its advantages and disadvantages, so to decide on the material to make a dryer at home, you should study them carefully:
- Aluminum. The lightest, but fragile material. Aluminum dryers can bend and break on high load. In addition, this metal is oxidized in the air, and a black deposit is formed on the surface, which can spoil things. Not the easiest material to make a homemade dryer. It is quite difficult to make a frame from aluminum pipes at home.
- Stainless steel. Such dryers are the most durable, but also the heaviest. It is important to consider that the metal frame will create a significant load on the fixtures in the ceiling, so standard hooks for mounting will not work. This version of the construction is able to withstand the maximum volume of laundry, but the manufacture at home will require additional tools and welding skills. It is almost impossible for beginners to create a metal ceiling dryer with their own hands.
- Plastic. Lightweight and easy to use material that does not stain the laundry or oxidize. Plastic dryers at the same time the most fragile, and the process of homemade is very expensive and time-consuming.
- Wood. The most suitable and affordable material, easy to handle, environmentally friendly, quite durable, does not oxidize and does not stain things. The only disadvantage of wooden structures is that with frequent use, the body begins to swell from water.
Before choosing the material for the frame of the dryer, you should pay attention to the following indicators:
- The volume of laundry. Calculate the number of things is desirable with a reference to the load of the washing machine and the number of people living in the apartment. So, for a large family, metal dryers, which can withstand the weight of 20-30 kg, and for one person. plastic or aluminum structures for 5-10 kg will do.
- Room size. You should take into consideration that metal and wooden dryers are more bulky and cumbersome, whereas plastic models are universal and are suitable for almost any space.
- The experience of the master. If there are no suitable tools and appropriate skills, it is better to choose a simpler version of the construction, which will not cause difficulties.
For production of clothes dryers metal and plastic are used more often. Consider the advantages and disadvantages of dryers made of the most popular materials.
Plastic dryers are the most budget-friendly variant. They are lightweight and easy to carry and install. A disadvantage of plastic models is that they are not strong enough, and their lifespan is usually very short.
Stainless steel dryers are the most expensive, but also the most reliable option. Stainless steel. a very durable material, so such a dryer does not deform under the weight of the laundry. Stainless steel structures usually have a chrome coating, so in the interior of the bathroom they look just great.
Aluminum dryers combine the lightness of plastic and the strength of stainless steel, but these models are not without disadvantages. The fact that aluminum is not the most suitable metal for use in humid conditions. Being in constant contact with the wet clothes, it begins to oxidize, resulting in permanent stains on clothing and laundry.
Ceiling-mounted electric clothes dryer
For faster drying of laundry you can buy an electric model. Its features are a device for forced air circulation and heating lamps. Such dryers are especially useful in small rooms, as well as in the cold period. Their use prevents an increase in humidity in the room, the appearance of fungus and mold.
The main advantages and disadvantages
Convenient and practical model is controlled by the remote control, which greatly facilitates its use. The advantages should also include the presence of a timer that allows you to set the drying time. The maximum weight of the laundry is 40 kg, and the laundry bars are adjustable in width. The compact dryer even has backlighting to better see the result.
However, the electric clothes dryer is not suitable for balcony, because for its work requires a socket. Another disadvantage is
How to make stainless steel
Suspended and hinged ones will definitely require sturdy parts in contact with wet things. Get by with propylene or metal-plastic pipes is not always possible, t.к. They greatly increase the size of the structure and do not bend at a small radius. Stainless steel is expensive and hard to work with. Aluminum and its alloys aren’t cheap either; though they don’t rust, they also corrode and stain laundry.
Use plain structural steel, round or flat, in the dryer, possibly by shrink-wrapping it with heat-shrink tubing (HTS). shrink tubing is commonly used in electrical work to insulate connections; it’s available in electrical stores and hardware stores. When heated above 110-140 degrees TFT shrinks at least twice in clearance and 3-15% in length; TFTs from top brands shrink to zero clearance while retaining original length.
THPs are flexible and quite elastic; they are stretched over the already bent in shape workpieces. Tails” of 20-40 mm are left at the ends and cut off after shrinking. The FTT is easy to cut with a knife; to remove excess from the wrapped piece, it is notched around/perimeter, then cut lengthwise and removed. there is no way to shrink it. a shrink tube sits in place very snugly.
The shrinkage of the THAT part is done by turning it over a hot gas stove (don’t hold it close to the flame, the THAT is plastic)!), with the help of a construction hairdryer, set at 180-200 degrees or a burner. propane, gas-air, etc.п. If you heat THAT with a household hair dryer at full speed, it also shrinks, but then under the load it gradually stretches back, take into account!
Types of clothes dryers
There are several varieties of clothes dryers, and a person can choose for themselves the best.
- Floor. the most economical version, assuming a large area, allowing you to dry a lot of things simultaneously;
- Wall-mounted. such products are considered universal, allowing you to choose the desired height of the structure;
- ceiling. this variant is usually installed on the balcony and does not take much space.
By type of fixing. Such constructions can be portable or stationary. The first option can be rearranged if it gets in the way, and the second differs in the storage of many things.
By type of functionality. Laundry dryers can be fixed, retractable and folding. You can even independently come up with a system that would allow you to extend or unfold the device in the event that you need to dry the laundry.
Before proceeding to the construction of stationary dryer, you need to decide where it will be located. Also, make sure that you can work with the chosen surface.
Laundry dryers: choose ceiling or floor dryers, assemble according to instructions, make their own hands
The clothes dryer. a modern and practical thing, without which no housewife can not do. Today the market offers a whole model range of dryers. from mini-models with load capacity of not more than 2 kg of laundry to large, ceiling-mounted, capable of drying even 20 kg of wet clothes. How not to be confused in this variety and choose what suits you? Floor, wall or ceiling dryer? Or maybe collect the right dryer with their own hands?