What to do if the air conditioner flows
Many owners of air conditioners are faced with a situation where water begins to drip from the inner block. The liquid can flow directly from the body, along the wall on which the equipment is installed, or through the blinds along with the air flow. Typically, the problem is not observed immediately after turning on the split system, but after 20-40 minutes of work. The volume of water depends on the difference between the set cooling mode and the ambient temperature. The larger the difference, the more intensively the air conditioner flows.
When the air conditioner is working for cooling, in the inner block, water is formed. condensate. Condensate. This is a moisture located in the air, which condenses (settles) on the surface of the heat exchanger of the air conditioner, the temperature of which is below the dew point.
The dew point is the air temperature at which the steam (moisture) contained in it reaches a saturation state and begins to condensate to dew.
If the air conditioner works properly, and most importantly, the installation is performed efficiently, then the condensate is safely removed outside the room. This happens by gravity (drainage is laid with a slope), or forcibly (when using pumps, pumps, etc.P.)
Flows from the external air conditioner unit
If you turn on the air conditioner in heating mode, then the internal unit will heat up, and the external, on the contrary, cool. At certain air temperatures, a similar phenomenon will occur at the installation site of the external unit of the air conditioner. the formation of condensation on the heat exchanger. Flowing condensate from the heat exchanger, enters the pallet of the external unit and flows out at the provided point with the fitting, usually in the center of the pallet.
At a negative air temperature, condensate does not have time to drain and turns into ice (fur coat), as in the freezer of the refrigerator. In order to get rid of these icing and prevent the rupture of the heat exchanger, all air conditioners without exception have a special function of thawing. The thawing mode occurs automatically, the air conditioner itself determines the required time of operation in this mode.
Cheap installation is more expensive
It is also the reason that water is running in the apartment or in the room, and not on the street, may be elementary low.quality, but also inexpensive installation. The following factors are often distinguished here:
- The hole was drunk on a quick hand straight, and not at a slight angle, as it should be (then the water, of course, flows out into the street, and not in the room).
- The drainage tube may be spoiled due to the use of low-quality materials or simple work in the hurry.
- Poor Valtsovka, which is why Freon was drunk, and, as mentioned above, the heat exchanger fumes. As a result, the flowing water flows, the ice falls when the air conditioner turns off.
- The freonenthic pipeline is poorly thermal. Because of this, condensate is collected and starts to flow.
So cheap installation is more expensive, because the customer will pay first for poor.quality installation, and then. for eliminating his consequences. And in many cases, the installation has to start again, and as a result, the client will pay two, or even three times more expensive! Conclusion. trust the installation of the air conditioner only to specialists from reliable companies to avoid the above problems.
So we examined the main reasons why the air conditioner flows in the room, as well as ways to eliminate a malfunction with your own hands. We hope now you know why the water begins to drip and what to do in this case!
We clean the pipes?
Often the reason that the condensate flows from the air conditioner is a clogged drainage tube. On the eye it can be determined simply.
Turn off the air conditioner and open the lid. If the tray does not have a large amount of dirt, and the pipe is in normal condition, the water should go into the drain. If the water is in the container, then the drainage is clogged. You need to “break through” the resulting cork.
To clean the drainage tube, disconnect it from the container. Just do not forget to substitute a bucket or a basin, otherwise all the water from the tray will be on the floor and walls You need a regular electric cable to clean the drainage of drainage. It should be soft so that it can be bent with a slight effort.
Insert the end of the cable into the drain pipe and enter it until you feel that he rested in something. Congratulations, you found a cork! Now it needs to be pierced. To do this, “knock” on the traffic, until the cable passes further. But that is not all!
Most likely, you made only a small hole in the blockage. Remove the wire completely and wrap its end with a fabric. It is advisable to fix it with adhesive tape or island. Soak the fabric with a detergent and carefully clean the drainage tube.
Why water flows from air conditioning?
First, it is worth saying a few words about the design of the air conditioner, and then deal with all the questions that relate to the features of his work. In any air conditioner there is part of the refrigerator with temperatures significantly exceeding the temperature of the surrounding air. Usually this hotter part is called. a capacitor or an external unit. It is always outside the room and has direct contact with external, street air. Another part of the air conditioner is installed in the room where the air is required. This is the coldest place of the refrigerator. It is called. evaporator or internal block. These two blocks are connected by copper pipelines, electric wires, this design is called the split system.
Another design of the air conditioner can be called a monoblock air conditioner. In this case, the external and internal blocks are placed in one case, but still its capacitor is directly taken outside the room and is in contact with street air, and its other part is in the room. Most often it is inserted into the window, less often. into the wall.
Question: “Why does the water flow from the air conditioner flow?» concerns the split system, which is why we will talk about it precisely.
Consider a specific example. Suppose an air conditioner is installed in the room. When it is hot outside, it is included for work in cooling mode. The refrigerator, which circulates in the system, boils in the heat exchanger of the internal unit, has a temperature much lower than the air temperature in the room. For this reason, the heat exchanger, or rather the outer surface of the heat exchanger tubes, begins to be covered with moisture, which becomes more and more, and in the form of drops it flows down and gathers in the pallet. It is for this that such a pallet is intended, which is installed under the heat exchanger of the internal unit. To remove this water in the pallet there is a special pipe that is connected by a hose or pipeline. On them, water is removed either to the sewage system or on the street. It is impossible to avoid the formation of this water in any way. Its education is associated with the features of the air conditioner in cooling mode. If the entire drainage system is originally done correctly and it works properly, then do not worry. If for some reason the water begins to drip from the inner block, then there are violations that led to this.
As mentioned earlier, the water from the pallet should merge into the sewer or on the street on the drainage pipeline. Most often, water flows by gravity. To do this, a bias is withstanding at least 1 cm for every 100 cm along the entire path of the pipeline. one.one. If the slope is not withstanded, then water accumulation in the drainage pipeline, in the pallet and water from the pallet begins to drip out. Quite often there are cases when the condensate is removed to the street and the drainage pipeline has to be laid through the hole in the wall. The hole is also drilled downward towards condensate exit. Often this neglect and drill such holes horizontally. Naturally, in this case, the water simply will not drain through the pipeline.
- During installation, dirt, dust, pieces from construction work can get into the pallet and then get into the drainage pipeline with a stream of water. As a result of this, a partial or complete overlap of the flow of draining water may occur.
- water can drip or flow not only from the area of the inner block, but also beyond its limit. This situation may occur if the drainage pipeline has some damage and water condensate partially leaks in this place. A similar picture can be observed if the drainage pipeline has a joint or connection over its entire length. In places of poor compounds, water condensate can also be leaked.
- In some cases, the drainage pipeline cannot be made so that the necessary slope is sustained throughout its path. In this case, the installation of a drainage pump (pump) is provided, which provides constant or periodic pumping of condensate from the pallet. In case of its breakdown, condensate can also accumulate in the pipeline, and, finally, in the pallet itself and drip out.
If, with prolonged operation of the air conditioning, water began to drip water from the inner unit, then the causes may be as follows:
Refrigerants How they work in HVAC systems
- Water, as you know, is a good environment for the propagation of mold and other microorganisms. Therefore, after some period of the air conditioner, dust, dirt and other types of organic pollution begin to accumulate in the pallet. Such an accumulation can be observed in a drainage pipeline. If you do not do preventive cleaning in time, then, over time, there are problems with the removal of condensate or even clogging of the drain, which leads to the accumulation of water in the pallet, and to its overflow. The concomitant phenomenon in this case is an extraneous smell from the side of the internal block. To avoid such a phenomenon, there are regulatory work to maintain an internal unit. During such work, the heat exchanger of the internal unit and the pallet for draining condensate is cleaned. For this, special cleaning tools are used. Such work can be carried out with the involvement of the company’s specialists, as well as yourself, if we have appropriate skills.
- The operation of the air conditioner is accompanied by a small vibration, so over time, minor leaks can also form in places of poor connection of the drainage pipeline, which will lead to water condensation leaks.
- If for some reason the split system works for cooling at negative outdoor temperatures and the drainage pipeline is found on the street, then it should be borne in mind that the condensate can freeze in the drainage pipeline, there will be an overflow of the pallet and its flow to the outside. So that this is not, then a special heater is installed in the drainage pipeline, which does not allow ice traffic jam in the pipeline in winter.
- When the air conditioner is working in the air cooling mode in the room, the heat exchanger of the internal unit should not freeze under any conditions, covered with hoar or ice. If this suddenly happens, then after the air conditioner is turned off, the overgrown ice crust will thaw. Since the dimensions of the ice growth can exceed the overall dimensions of the heat exchanger, the water can drain past the pallet when tickled and beyond the body of the internal block. Freezing can occur for various reasons: insufficient number of refrigerator agent in the refrigerator circuit, improper use of the air conditioner, when the temperature in the room is below the temperature for which the air conditioning and high humidity in the room. In this case, it is necessary to contact specialists with a request to eliminate the malfunction, which leads to the freezing of the heat exchanger.
The drainage tube of the device was clogged. To fix this, the hose just needs to be blown or cleaned.
Due to the leakage of the refrigerant, a layer of ice can form on the evaporator. If this happens, be sure to contact specialists. It will not work to solve the problem yourself.
A warm air flow enters the cooler of the device. In this case, the liquid is sprayed on the sides. The problem occurs due to defect in the case into which the air enters. The case can be tried to process any material for isolation.
Perhaps special passages intended for the outflow of water are clogged. To prevent such a problem, you should timely perform preventive cleaning of the technique. If the problem still arises, you should carefully clean the blockage using wire. But you need to act very carefully to avoid other problems with the device. If you could not clean it on your own, call the master.
If the flow of condensate began immediately, as soon as the device was installed, the air conditioner must be removed and checked at what angle the drainage hose is inclined. Liquid can flow with insufficient slope of the hose. In this case, it does not flow into a specially designed container, but flows from the module.
A crack may form on the drainage tube, which sometimes appears during the installation due to sloppy actions. In this case, the tube should be replaced.
Freon refueling into the system
Under normal working conditions, the refrigerant is re.refilled no earlier than 18 months after the purchase. This is due to the natural property of Freon to evaporate. Evaporation occurs at the junction of the pipeline or through microcracks in the material.
The container with the refrigerant should be in the same position from the start of work and until they are completed. Therefore, it is necessary to choose a stable position of the container and the optimal length of the hoses
But, the need for refueling the system may occur before. The following events may lead to this:
- mechanical damage to the pipeline;
- factory marriage. failure of automation in production;
- non.standard installation of a split system. an increase in the length of communication tubes;
- Carrying out system repair without subsequent refueling. for example, compressor replacement.
These are the reasons why there may be a lack of freon in the system. It is worth noting the fact that the refrigerant will evaporate even from the technique that has never connected to the network
Therefore, you need to take into account this feature and pay attention to the date of production
Samsung WindFree Air Conditioner: How to use the remote
On average, the volume of freon in the system is reduced by 8% per year. A significant drawback of the refrigerant can lead to irreparable consequences: jamming the compressor and its complete breakdown. Therefore, it is recommended to check the level of freon every one and a half years and after each repair.
Stage. preparatory work
It is necessary to study the technical documentation of your split system. This is necessary in order to determine which type of freon is refueling in the equipment and what optimal gas pressure in the system.
Further, based on the information received, you need to buy a cylinder with a refrigerant. Most often used brands of Freon R410A and R407C.
The first type of substance can be refueling the system without pumping out the remnants of the freon. The second type of substance can be seasoned with a split system only after completely removing the remains of the freon from pipelines and compressor.
It is best to get a professional tool for monitoring the volume of refrigerant in the system. This will avoid situations of non.refueling or refueling freon in technology
There are several methods for refueling split systems by freon. The most practical for independent implementation at home is the method of monitoring pressure in the system. Most often it is used by professionals.
To replace the refrigerant will need free access to the outer block. It has two exits to replace the freon. Gas is pumped through them and uploaded.
Stage. replacement of Freon
The procedure for the replacement of the refrigerant can be divided into the following stages:
- Inclusion of a split system in maximum cooling mode.
- Connection of the manometer to the outer block.
- Removal of gas residues from the system. if necessary.
- Setting a cooling temperature for the middle position.
- Portion of gas to the system, with reconciliation of indications on the pressure gauge with factory pressure indicators.
- Cessation of Freon’s supply at the moment when the pressure was normalized.
- Disconnecting the hose and manometer from the collector.
- Twisting of conclusions for refueling.
- Checking the work of climate technology.
If everything is done correctly, then the equipment will not need a second procedure for at least one and a half years.
In some cases, some owners of split systems resort to the dismantling of the outer block. This allows not only to refuel the system by freon, but also to make full maintenance of the equipment in the room
If there is a need for refueling too often, then this indicates a leakage of a refrigerant from the system. How to eliminate it will be told later.
When you can’t do without a professional
Unfortunately, not in all cases it is possible to cope on their own. It happens that water is dripping from the air conditioner indoors due to the failure of the drainage pump. Its repair or replacement requires specialized knowledge and special tools. Another option: with an excessive amount of fluid inside the contour itself, the pressure grows overly, which breaks individual units of the air conditioner. Can flow the block itself. This is usually due to hidden defects of the inner part-cracks, deformations and chips. Homemade “seal” with glue may help, but not for long. In addition, she is able to entail even more serious problems. So, even more expensive repairs.
According to experts, the most common cause of leaks is the pollution of one of the elements of drainage. To avoid problems, professionals insist: do not neglect the prevention. At least spring, when you are going to launch an overwinter air conditioner. In addition to cleaning, the master will check the settings and functionality of the most vulnerable nodes. Preventive maintenance is not so expensive: it can afford anyone who is by means to install a split system.
Another important recommendation: do not move the air conditioner yourself. During the repair, many decide to move the block above/below/left/right, and they believe that the master is not needed for this. However, such initiative leads to a change in the angle of inclination of the drainage tube (at least) and leaks of condensate on freshly renovated walls.
Another good advice: follow the work on external insulation if you ordered external skin leaps for climbers. A lot of cases are known when the zealous workers put a drainage hole or bent up the outlet pipe. over, you need to follow when they insulate the apartment under you: if the neighbors annoy the knock of drops from your air conditioner, they may well ask the climber to eliminate the source of sounds.
And most importantly. do not save on installation. Having bought air conditioning, look at the average price that your region is requested for its installation. Stop at an average cost: if someone offers a service at a very low price, then this should cause suspicion. Having flattered for a seductive proposal, you will have a real headache instead of relaxing in the coolness. A hole may be broken, a drainage pipe-taped, deformed or cracked due to the poor quality of the source material. It happens that a roller is crookedly carried out, the result of which is the leak of Freon and the freezing of the heat exchanger. Cases of poor.quality thermal insulation of the freon contour are frequent. And all this causes drops inside the apartment. As experts say, a cheap installation is too expensive to agree to it.
Block: 14/14 | Summer characters: 2831
Number of blocks: 23 | General number of characters: 39654 The number of donors used: 7 Information for each donor: