Threading the upper thread
The threading process has rules, but there are differences in nuances depending on the brand of machine and equipment.
- The bobbin, designed to make a stitch, installed on a special pin, located on the surface of the body of the device.
- Thread is passed through the fastener on the body.
- Then it is passed between two plates compressed by a spring.
- Tucked behind the hook on the compensation spring.
- Slide it through the hole in the thread guide (thread tensioner).
- Pass it through the rigidly mounted fastener (thread guide and threading hook), which is installed near the needle directly on the body.
- Thread. in the needle, then. under the foot.
We also recommend to read an article about self-adjustment of the sewing machine.
How to thread the lower thread
And I’ll start with the bottom threading. To do this, remove the bobbin case with the bobbin inserted in it from the sewing machine. Your sewing machine may have a horizontal shuttle, but in both types of machines, the place for the bottom threading thread has a bobbin case and bobbin. So there is no big difference how to thread a sewing machine with a horizontal or vertical hook.
Now you need to wind the bobbin with the amount of thread you need to sew. When doing this, be guided by the amount of sewing you do. If you will be sewing a lot, then you need to fill the bobbin to the edges. If you need to make a couple of stitches, less than half the bobbin will be enough.
Pulling the flywheel away from the sewing machine.
I set the thread on the bobbin rod, put the thread through the thread guide, put the end of the thread through the bobbin hole and wind the thread by hand, making three or four turns.
After I have secured the thread on the bobbin cap, set the cap on the winding spindle and take it in the direction of the flywheel. Now you can turn on the sewing machine, press the foot pedal and the bobbin thread will begin to wind.
After I’ve wound the desired amount, I stop the flywheel. I move the spindle away from the flywheel, cut the thread, remove the bobbin from the spindle)
- Replacing the light bulb
- Unplug the power cord.
- Unscrew the screw on the back of the sewing head.
- Replace light bulb.
- Refit the cover and tighten the fastening screw,
- Before replacing the light bulb
- To avoid burns before
How to thread an old sewing machine:
- Rewind the thread from the bobbin onto the bobbin.
- Place the spool on the upper pin.
- Thread the upper thread.
- Check the thread tension.
- Tuck in and pull out the lower thread.
- Get the upper and lower threads behind the presser foot.
Threading the upper thread in a PMZ sewing machine
Before threading by hand turn the handwheel of the machine towards yourself so that the thread lever with the eye for thread comes to the upper position. Place the spool of thread on the spool pin on top of the sleeve and thread the spool in the following order: 1.Forward left through the rear left thread cutout “1” on the front board and down to the tension adjuster. 2.Between the washers “2” of the tension regulator and up behind the tab “3. 3.Into the eye of the take-up spring “4″. 4.Up through the eye of the thread take-up lever “5”. 5.Down into thread guide “6” on the front board. 6.Down into thread guide “7” on the needle bar. 7.From right to left through the eye of the needle “8”. Pay special attention to the threading of the needle. Only thread from right to left, t.е. outwards.
Make sure that there is no thread in the machine that you do not need at the moment. If they are present, they can easily be removed.
Check the upper thread tensioner. It must be in good working order and all parts must be in place. If there is lint from previous threads, clean the tensioner with a brush. Take out and inspect the shuttle, bobbin and cap for nicks.
Remember the last time you lubricated the mechanism. If it’s been long enough-for example, it’s been more than six months-disassemble the machine, check the condition of the mechanisms.
Clean them if necessary. Use industrial or motor oil to lubricate moving parts. Reassemble the machine, turn it on and run it for a minute at idle.
Make sure that all mechanisms work smoothly and accurately during the test run. There should be no slowing down when you are not expecting it, nor should the mechanism move with noticeable force.
Set the hook in place, insert a needle that matches the thickness of the upper thread with which you intend to sew fabrics of a particular thickness and texture. For domestic sewing machines needles are used with the needle cut along one side of the bulb.
There is a persistent misconception that you should only sew with a double needle on a sewing machine if you want two parallel stitches. In fact, the “possibilities” of the dual device are much wider. It is used when necessary:
- Sew up the sleeve or bottom of a knitted garment;
- Make a decorative stitch;
- Sew quilting;
- Sew a braid;
- Form embossed guards.
For sewing on lace and forming pinnings you will need to additionally purchase special feet.
Note. These stitches are designed for decorating and undercutting the bottoms of fabrics, not for sewing individual patterns.
A detailed diagram: how to tuck in an old-style sewing machine
Older models of sewing machines have a slightly more complicated system, so tucking thread here will be more difficult. But if you know the detailed algorithm, then there will be no problems with the setting of the device. Procedures in 2 steps: top filling, bottom filling.
Brother Sewing Machine. Instruction Video
Threading a thread in an old-style machine
Additional Information! Each older model has a different thread guide route, so you need to carefully carry out the procedure without bypassing any hook.
- Needle must be in the up position. Fix the spool on the spool pin. Pull the thread through according to the route of the yarn guide. Place the fabric under the tension regulator and insert it into the spring. Use the thread guide (thread guide near the needle). Insert the fabric into the eye of the needle.
- Step by step algorithm for the second step. Tuck the bobbin into the hook. Attach the hook itself to the socket underneath the fixture platform. Use the handle to adjust the thread tension. Pull the yarn upwards.
Important! While adjusting the tension, you need to rotate the wheel in the “away” direction. Otherwise, the yarn will tear or get tangled.
Threading a machine with an old setting mechanism
To fix the result, you need to connect the top and bottom of the yarn, wrap the ends behind the foot.
Instructions for use
Instructions for the sewing machine brother does not differ much from the instructions for work with other portable devices and involves an explanation of the settings and rules of use of the machine. Set up the machine carefully before beginning work.
How to set up a sewing machine brother
To turn the machine on before setting up, proceed as follows:
- Prepare the power cable for the machine;
- Check if the sewing machine is off by looking closely at the switch;
- Insert the cable with the power plug into the socket on the right side of the machine;
- Insert the cable plug into the power outlet;
- Press the switch and set it to the “on” position.
Important! As soon as the mains power is applied, the light on the switch will illuminate, signaling that it is ready to start working.
After one has figured out how to turn it on, there are a few more things to do:
- Winding the bobbin. To do this, wind the thread on the bobbin with the machine on. The bobbin is put on the shaft, which slides to the right until it clicks. The spool pin turns up and takes over the thread spool. After threading, the shaft is moved back to its original position;
- Installing the bobbin. Press button “1”. raising and lowering the needle to raise the needle and raise the presser foot lever independently. Turn the machine off and remove the hook cover. Insert the bobbin so that the thread winds to the left and pull the thread under the tab. Replace the hook cover;
- Threading the upper thread. The spool of upper thread is installed and then threaded into the needle. You need to turn on the machine, raise the presser foot, raise the needle with the appropriate button, turn the spool pin and remove the cap from it, set the spool of thread on the pin. Next, the thread is simply guided under the thread guide and threaded into the machine according to the pattern indicated on the device;
- Threading the needle. It all depends on what kind of model you have: with or without a thread-guiding disc. In the first case, everything is automated, while in the second case, you will have to do the process yourself: tuck the thread, put the thread through the eye of the needle from the front back and pull the thread through the foot after it is lifted.
Important! After these setting points have been made, you can already start working and avoid malfunctions. Additional items in the manual for each individual machine include an explanation of using the twin needle, changing the needle, changing the presser foot, and so on.
How to use the sewing machine brother
The following instructions will tell you how to use your Brother machine correctly:
- Place the sewing machine on the work table, which should be firm and stable. It is recommended to use special stands;
- Insert the needle securely into the machine with the flat side back to lock it in place, and tighten the screw that holds it in place;
- Install the spool. As you can see from the manual, these machines use two thread sources: the lower and the upper one;
- Tuck the thread into the machine. The thread from the top is unwound and threaded into the needle;
- Take out both threads. To do this, slide a flat object under the foot and release both ends;
- Plug the machine’s power supply into your home power supply and turn it on to the appropriate button;
- Choose a stitch type and size and practice on unnecessary material. This will help you understand the machine and build up your hand;
Sewing machines Brother: models, pros and cons, instructions for use
Today the market offers a large number of sewing equipment. Among the well-known and popular brands is the brand Brother, which sells a huge variety of types and models of sewing machines, which makes it possible to pick up the device to suit the individual needs of each consumer.