Proper transportation of the refrigerator (in the car) in a lying and standing position. Precautions and security measures.
How to properly transport the refrigerator in the car, lying or standing, on which side to transport? What you need to know about transportation, how to prepare the unit? After what time to turn on the refrigerator after transportation?
In this article we will tell the rules for transporting refrigerators in the car. You will find out why it is better to transport equipment vertically, what to do if there is no such opportunity. We will give tips on preparing the refrigerator for moving, telling about the main problems and their solutions.
How to fix the load on the roof of the car
If you are the owner of the car, then at some point sooner or later you may need to transport a certain baggage on the roof of your car. This is the best place in the car to transport non.standard bulky cargo and other oversized things that cannot fit in the trunk and in the cabin of the car. In the event that you need to transport a rather big oversized cargo that does not fit in the cabin or in the trunk of a car, then the roof of your car will be the best place for this.
At the moment, there are a large number of smart and omnipotive trunk and other devices on the roof of the car, and all this for convenient transportation of various cargoes. But they all cost considerable money and are quite bulky for storing those at home. If in rare cases you need to transport baggage on the roof, then you have no point in acquiring such types of trunk.
So for many of you who want a load on the roof of your car, this becomes a problem that is associated with the very safety of cargo transportation without a special trunk. Unfortunately, most drivers still do not know how best to do it. Dear friends, we suggest today you get acquainted with a certain life hack, which will help many yourself and safely fix the bulky luggage on the roof of your car.
So, in order to reliably fix the load on the roof of the car, ideally there should be something on it so that you can reliably link the luggage. For example, the same railings that are on many modern cars. Also, in order to safely tie the load on the roof of the car, you need to lay a fabric or blanket on it so that the baggage does not slip along the roof.
In addition, you will need a regular rope with which you will tie reliably baggage with which you can safely move along the highway, but not more than 50 km/h.
For example, it will be very convenient to use nylon belts (screeds) for this, with the help of which you can fix anything on the roof of the machine, starting from bicycles and ending with the same furniture items. Such belts will help you securely fix the luggage on the roof, regardless of whether you have a car or completely new.
If you correctly fixed the luggage on the roof of your car, then even at high speed this load will not fly off the car. The main thing here. This is the stronger of the nodes themselves and the proper luggage link. Thus, you will ensure the baggage of reliable stability and safety.
This is what is needed to securely fix any of the cargo on the roof of your car:
First of all, as we said above, you must have some kind of strong rope or solid nylon belts. If the ends of the rope or belts have signs of wear, then it is necessary to cut them off with a sharp knife or scissors so that the fasteners become even.
To prevent the ends of the ends of the synthetic rope or such a belt, it is necessary to burn them with a lighter and press such a molten end of the rope or belt with a piece of cardboard. In no case do you touch the molten end of the belt or rope with your fingers, since from this you can get a serious burn.
Attention! If the rope or belt is made of organic fibers, then an attempt to burn these ends with a lighter will lead to the instant fire of these fibers.
In order to correctly and reliably fix the luggage on the roof of the car, you must choose for yourself at least 3 (three) and better 4 (four) control points of cargo fastening. These fastening points will be specific stability points.
For example, in the photo you can see how you can fix the bike on the roof of the car by tying a separate steering wheel, frame and its back.
As you can see, to fix the bike on the roof, you must install it with wheels up as shown in the photo. Then, alternately, start pulling various bicycle elements with a rope or belts. So, first, fix the right handle of the bicycle steering wheel, then proceed to the tie of the left handle. That is, in this way you fix the bike at two stiffness points. After that, secure the back of the bicycle securely pulling it with a belt.
Pay your attention to the following that around the bicycle steering wheel you need to make several turns with a belt or a rope, thus capturing the bicycle frame itself directly. Also pay your attention to the fact that the turns themselves must be done in an interference to prevent the subsequent weakening of the baggage screed while moving the machine. Also remember, after each turning of the belt, make a knot on it necessarily.
In principle, you can fix the load on the roof of the car and many other methods that are most convenient and suitable for you. The main thing must be remembered that for reliable luggage fastening on the roof of the car, this should be fixed at least at least three points of the support. Ideally, such support points should be four.
After you consolidate all parts of the cargo, your task is to make a strong node at the end of the rope, which should not be untied under any circumstances during the movement of the vehicle.
To do this, before fixing the end of the rope or belt, make such a similar braid as shown in the photo.
Also, in the case of transporting a bicycle you, the rest of the rope or belt can be fixed under the seat. (Example in the photo).
Recall the traffic rules
To begin with, the refresh in memory requirements for the rules of the road when transporting goods. I emphasize that each paragraph of the rules is written on the basis of many years of experience, and the main goal of the rules of the road as a whole is the maximum safety of all road users.
Contact the technical leadership of your car to find out the permissible load on the trunk on the roof. For domestic cars, the maximum weight is usually limited to 50-60 kilograms. Things are not much better with foreign cars: they have permissible weight on the roof up to 70-80 kilograms. Theoretically, the car can be charged even more, but this significantly increases the risk of accident or damage to the car body.
A number of requirements are applied to the same load on the roof. In particular, he should not limit the review, make it difficult to drive a car or influence the stability indicators of the latter. If the load is source of dust, noise or environmental pollution, it is prohibited to transport. In a situation where the load on the roof interferes with the view through the rear window, the installation of an additional rear view mirror is mandatory.
Pay special attention to the dimensions of objects: they should not appear at more than 40 cm on the side (counting from overall lights) and 1 meter per bumper edge. During transportation during the day, the load should be indicated by a special sign (a shield of 40×40 cm with red and white diagonal stripes), and at night. a lantern and a reflective element (white in front and red behind).
How to transport the refrigerator: instructions and answers to the main questions
Most new refrigerators have large dimensions and can fit in the body of not every car, so moving to another apartment or buying a new refrigerator is often accompanied by difficulties in transporting such an unit. In this regard, many are wondering how to transport the refrigerator.
All manufacturers of complex household appliances note that the refrigerator must be transported exclusively in an upright position. In practice, such a refrigerator is not always possible, especially if you need to transport a model with a height of more than 2 meters. Some vehicles cannot provide such conditions. At the same time, it is necessary to transport the refrigerator in compliance with all the rules. the wrong position of the unit during transportation is potentially capable of breaking the refrigeration equipment, after which the device will stop working. In order not to damage expensive household appliances, you must first familiarize yourself with the transportation instructions.
Refrigerators of different manufacturers work on a similar principle: their cooling system is a closed circuit, which is represented by a large number of tubes and pipes. If the refrigeration equipment is transported inaccurately, then damage to the cooling system may form (for example, separation or displacement of the compressor with respect to pendants), which lead to serious breakdowns of the refrigerator. The device will stop cooling, which will lead to expensive repairs. Violations in the operation of the refrigerator cooling system are easiest to obtain during transportation, so it is necessary to approach transportation responsibly.
The cooling system of the refrigeration unit is filled with a refrigerant, gas freen, which constantly circulates into nozzles and tubes, cyclically changing its own aggregate state from liquid to gaseous and vice versa. Each of the cooling cycles passes according to an identical scheme:
- Freon leaves the evaporator and is supplied to the refrigerator compressor.
- A gas.shaped refrigerant under the action of high pressure is sent to a compressor to the capacitor.
- During the condensation, Freon goes into a liquid aggregate state and is cooled, while the heat is given to the surrounding air.
- Liquid Freon, passing through a draining filter, goes towards the evaporator and enters it through a capillary narrowed tube.
- The pressure exerted on the freon is reduced, which leads to boiling gas.
- Going into a gaseous aggregate state, Freon absorbs heat from the surrounding space inside the freezer and refrigerator compartment and evenly lowers the temperature indicators inside them.
After this cycle is completed, the Freon pair is again pumped out and the process is repeated. The main functional role in this process is given to the work of the compressor. This node provides the following processes:
- Pumps Freon.
- Supports the required pressure in the system.
- Guarantees uninterrupted heat transfer from the inside out.
So that there are no violations in the cooling circuit of the refrigerator, it is strictly prohibited to transport the device without preliminary packaging. When the unit is new, the manufacturer should be worried about its safety and reliable packaging before the household appliance at the warehouse. If it is necessary to transport the refrigerator to another apartment, it is necessary to prevent probable damage to the device during transportation. It should be in advance, in one day, prepare the refrigerator for transportation, carefully pack and tightly fix the device inside the car body.
The preparatory stage for moving the refrigerated unit should be performed according to the following instructions:
- The freezer and the refrigeration compartment must be freed from the food products present in them.
- To transport the unit, turn it off from the outlet, it must stand until complete defrosting.
- Carefully wipe the external and internal surfaces of refrigeration equipment with a neutral cleaning agent, the best option is a soap solution of room temperature (16 25 ̊s).
- From the refrigerator, take out all the niches, shelves, boxes and other light.removable elements, pack separately from the unit in soft matter or thick paper.
- Carry up wet cleaning inside the refrigerator, the device must have time to dry before transportation, so the doors are left open for a while.
If you have a factory packaging from the refrigerator, problems with its transportation should not arise. In such packaging, most often, everything is thought out for transporting the unit over long distances. Very often, users do not save factory packaging from the refrigerator, and uniform foam elements for packaging equipment throw them away with the box. In this case, in order to transport the refrigerator to another apartment, you must correctly pack the unit as follows:
- The refrigerator housing wrap in thick paper.
- After paper, wrap the unit with hard cardboard.
- When the paper and cardboard are fixed with tape, additionally wrap the refrigerator into the air-pussy film.
When moving, the compressor of the refrigerator be sure to fix with the help of transportation bolts or ropes, otherwise when a strong shaking of the device in a car body, the compressor is able to move. Gently fix the power supply on the back wall of the device using tape to the compressor. Fix the unit doors with solid straps, a rope or a painting ribbon so that they do not accidentally swing over due to shaking and do not come off. In non.standard models of devices that do not pass in the doorway, the refrigerator doors are removed.
There are three provisions in which you can transport the refrigerator in the car:
VIRTUAL COACH: How to Transport Your Canoe
The most reliable option for transporting the refrigerator is a vertical position, while the sides of the cargo machine should be flush with the height of the device. But, if this is not possible, or the refrigerator is transported in the trailer, it must be tightly fixed in the cargo body of the car.
Transporting the device in an upright position is the correct solution, since this situation guarantees the safety of structural elements of refrigeration equipment and their further correct functioning. The algorithm for transporting the refrigerator in an upright position is as follows:
How to transport the refrigerator in a passenger car
First of all, the refrigerator must be packaged correctly so that chips do not appear on it during transportation, and the main components are not damaged.
Depending on the capabilities of the car, there is an option for transporting the refrigerator standing or lying down. Consider both options.
Refrigerator transportation standing on the roof: Rules
There is nothing complicated here. It is necessary to convey the refrigerator to the car and carefully load it on the roof, usually it is being transported there. This option is suitable only if the machine is equipped with a trunk on the roof.
There are several disadvantages of a similar method of transportation that you need to understand:
- Thus, transporting the car to a long distance will not work. Maximum. within the city;
- When transporting a refrigerator on the roof of a passenger car, the driver should not develop speed above 50 km/h. It is best to go in the right row, while it is not recommended to choose sections of the road with a large number of irregularities, including artificial (lying police). But, at the same time, it is also not the best idea to travel on a highway with such a load, since the machine at such a slow speed will interfere with other participants in the movement;
- Competent packaging of the refrigerator when transporting it on the roof has a decisive role. There is always a chance that the rain will begin, which can fall on the electrical components of the refrigerator, which is why it will fail.
When transporting a refrigerator standing on the roof, you need to fix it as reliable as possible. If the device falls during transportation, it can cause a traffic accident.
Refrigerator transportation: Rules
There is a common opinion that the refrigerator is not to be transported. In fact, this is not so. Even a new refrigerator from the store, most often, is taken in a lying position. However, there is one significant difference when transporting a new refrigerator and when moving. the absence of a factory box. On the box, the manufacturer indicates which side you can put the refrigerator so that the oil does not get into the circuit of the refrigerant circulation when transporting, which can lead to the failure of the device.
Accordingly, in order to move the refrigerator lying in a passenger car when moving, you need to determine which side the device is put for safe transportation.
The transportation of the refrigerator lying when moving to the cabin and on the roof is practically no different. The main thing is to properly put the device. When transporting it on the roof, you must follow the rules described above for vertical transportation.
In order to transport the refrigerator lying in a passenger car, it is necessary to put it so that the compressor tube (along which the refrigerant from the compressor comes out when the device is operating) is directed upward.
You can determine the direction of circulation of the refrigerant by compressor in several ways. The most faithful is to familiarize yourself with the instructions for your refrigerator model. Some models of the refrigerator can be transported simply on the back wall.
Even if the instructions have long been disposed of, on the Internet you can now find instructions for almost any refrigerator, even the oldest.
If there are no instructions, do the following actions:
- Turn the refrigerator with a flip side where the compressor tubes and other components of the unit are located;
- You will see a compressor motor (the main part of the refrigerator, looks most often like a round or square box);
- Two tubes are approaching this motor. Usually one is suitable on one side, the other on the other. It is necessary to touch both tubes and determine which one is hot;
Do not burn, the tube can be very hot. When checking, the device should just be disconnected from the network or on the network (from the moment of turning on, at least 10-20 minutes should pass).
- Having determined which tube is hot, you can conclude how to put the refrigerator. It needs to be put in such a way that a hot tube in the direction of movement from the compressor looks upward. On some compressors, the direction of circulation of the refrigerant may be shown an arrow.
If the refrigerator has two tubes on one side. they both should look up during transportation.
Having decided on the side of the refrigerator on which it can be put during transportation, it remains to convey the device to the car, carefully load it and you can proceed directly to the transportation.
Regardless of whether the refrigerator was laid in the cabin or on the roof, it is necessary to fix it securely. Be sure to check that the refrigerator door will not open during transportation.
Rules for transporting the refrigerator after purchase
It is the easiest to transport the refrigerator from the store, because you will not need to take care of its preparation and packaging. Typically, stores are engaged in the delivery of large household appliances, but it happens that the buyer himself takes on transportation.
If you decide to transport a new refrigerator on your own, select the car suitable for the dimensions so that it is possible to install the device in an upright position. Otherwise, if you transport the refrigerator horizontally, the seller’s warranty obligations lose their strength.
What conditions are there for the transportation of goods on the roof of the car?
Many motorists believe that if they do not know well laws, then they are not obligatory for execution. Transport goods, including oversized ones, on the roof of the car you can only if there are certain devices for this.
Without them, the transportation of even overall goods is prohibited, and therefore it is worth always knowing the laws, and try not to complicate your life, so as not to get a significant fine.
In order for this not to happen, you need to adhere to the next conditions for transporting goods on the roof of the car:
- Roof transportation can only be carried out if there are rails and crossbars.
- No home-made fasteners should be present- this is prohibited and for this you can get a fine.
- Transportation of large goods, like cabinets, tables, sideboards, sofas is prohibited even if there is a special force. In this case, you need to use a special heavy.loading technique.
- Also do not use welding to attach the load to the roof. This is happening contrary not only to the law, but also to common sense. Since the load can contribute to the fact that the car at the bend will simply turn over or worsen its controllability.
Thus, we can say confidently that handling a large load that is installed on the roof of a car, you need to carefully carefully. If you install too large and heavy load on the roof, then you can get not only a fine, but just get into an accident on the road and lose your life due to greed. If it is possible to transfer the cargo using freight vehicles, then it is better to use this chance and not tempt fate.
Important! When transporting oversized goods, it is extremely important to find out the center of gravity of the cargo, otherwise even when it is correctly attached on the roof of a car, you can get into an accident!
When transporting the device, it is forbidden to perform these actions:
Iveco Daily Fridge van to Camper Vlog 34. DIY Roof rails and Install
- Take the refrigerator at an arbitrary angle, for example, in the trunk of a car or trailer.
- Move the device for no reason in an arbitrary direction. Even a slight movement from the door to the door or the slope requires the time.
- Transport the refrigerator not fixed with an unpredictable road environment, even if we are talking about small distances.
- Bend the refrigerator into the porch of the compressor forward. When moving up the stairs, it will also be at the top, the oil will flow down and fill the system of circulation of the freon.
- Take the refrigerator from the apartment on the arbitrary side, especially the freezer forward.
- Neglect the requirement for immobilization of the compressor and other movable parts of the circuit.
- Leave inside the refrigerator non.strengthened elements.
- Raise and move the refrigerator, leaning on its door.
This is how you should not transport the device only if you are not an extreme lover:
How to prepare a refrigerator for work after moving
If you transported the refrigerator in a horizontal position, be sure to let it “stand” for several hours. During this time, the oil that has entered the refrigerant circulation system is gradually dragging back, and the launch of the refrigerator will not bring new problems.
A certain amount of time should be laid on acclimatization of the refrigerator, especially if its transportation was carried out in the cold season. 4-8 hours is enough for the temperature of all the nodes of your unit to be equal to the room, and only after that the refrigerator will be ready to work.