Not every needlewoman knows how a range of legs is wide and what opportunities they offer. There are up to 12 types of paws to the sewing machine. In fact, there are ten times more. Let’s get to know them better.
A standard paw is installed on any sewing machine, with its help, perform a straight and zigzag.shaped seam, changing the width and length of the stitch. However, in sewing and needlework, there are many other operations requiring a different and more delicate approach. sewing buttons and inhibitors, losing “lightning” and so on. Each of them has its own foot that facilitates this process. Special paws are also created for multi.fertile fabrics. thin, stretching, rude. It is difficult to work with them on a simple paw, and on a special one. quickly and simply.
Paws for basic operations
On any sewing machine, you can perform at least two types of lines. zigzag and even seam. These two seams, as well as processing the edge of the product, losing zipper, sewing buttons and blotting loops are called basic operations. Each of the operations will require the use of a separate paw for sewing machines. Manufacturers often include a basic set of universal legs in the completion of sewing machines. The operating manual for the sewing machine, as a rule, indicates the purpose of each part. Distinguish where what kind of paw is and why it can also be used in appearance and design.
Universal foot for a line zigzag
On most sewing machines, the manufacturer installed just such a paw. Used for both zigzag lines and for straight seams. The foot is so universal that many seamstresses even sew lightning with its help. Although it is more convenient to use a special foot for this.
Right.line sewing paw
Learn such a paw is easy by a small needle and a wide flat base. This design allows you to create perfectly even lines even on thin and sliding fabrics.
Knowing the maximum zigzag width, the tailor can even sew on the machine with accessories. The main thing is that the distance between the holes of the button creamy is less than the width of the line. For sewing, a special paw is used with reliably fixing buttons with rubberized pads. To work, you need to turn off the lower conveyor.
For the convenience of losing lightning, there is a separate type of paws on a sewing machine. But the zero-zero can differ slightly from each other, so there are different paws for them:
- Haging Lighting Light. To make the fastener really imperceptibly, the line should be located as close to the teeth as possible. The grooves in the soles of the paws help to achieve such accuracy, in which the teeth of lightning are refueled during operation.
- FAITHING FOR HEARING OF THE CONDENT LIGHT. Allows you to delay the fastener in one direction from both sides. If the zipper is sewn into the material with a strong shrinkage, such a paw is indispensable. Paves the line not close to the teeth, but at a short distance.
- A narrow paw and a paw with a one.sided sole will come in handy when working with miniature details and suturing lightning in hard.to.reach places.
Law for loops
In automatic and semi.automatic sewing machines, the function of setting the slotted loops is often provided. The paws for such seams have the shape of a frame with adjustment of the length or applied marking.
Overhead paws for sewing machines
You can recognize them by the presence of a guide plate and rod. Zazubrina on the rod serves to hold the thread and does not allow the edge of the part to drag on when sewing. In addition, in some models of overlock legs there is a side knife that cuts off during operation. The foot will not be able to replace a full.fledged overlock, but for everyday sewing of the functionality enough.
Thanks to a particularly bent sole, such legs are also often called snails. The tape of the box is refueled in the foot, and when sewing, the machine simultaneously bends the box and sucks the cut. It should be remembered that different paws are used for different widths.
Used on sewing machines with the corresponding type of line. The design of the paw is characterized by the presence of a vertical plate. Before performing the seam, the part must be correctly prepared, folding in a special way.
How to use sewing paws
Folding apparatus. frightening thing: it is not immediately clear how to attach it to the typewriter. The standard paw, like many others, has a transverse rod, for which the adapter clings. In this case, he is not needed. Feel free to remove the adepter and pick up the device itself to the same place.
- After connection, set the desired folding frequency. You can lay a fold on 12 stitches, 6 stitches or each stitch.
- Then we set the depth of the folds: the lower we lower the orange element, the larger. Select the necessary and fix.
- We immerse the fabric between the two plates, pus it to the needle and lower the foot.
- Now it remains only to press the pedal, and the rest will make the rest itself!
Also, folds can be touched on the material, and in one reception, placing the lower layer of fabric under the plates of the device. You can work with several layers, experiment, everything will work out!
The walking paw has a conveyor, thanks to which all layers of the product are supplied evenly: you can work in several layers with both dense materials and with capricious thin.
- To attach this paw, the adapter also needs to be disconnected.
- The mounting element is joined using a screw, and the “fork” takes a place next to the needle holder screw.
- A walking foot is indispensable when working with a cage and a strip, it helps to perfectly combine a pattern on fabric when sewing a product.
- We have the material under the paw, you can use a straight stitch or zigzag.
- If you choose a zigzag, note that the needle does not go beyond the hole in the paw, otherwise the machine will not sew and you can break the needle.
- Do not scribble too fast, the main thing. accuracy.
CHILD HAPPLE OF DIFFERENCE: 2, 4, 6, 8 mm. With its help, you can make a neat hem in one reception. To connect such a paw, we will need an adapter from a universal foot. joins the machine in the same way as the usual. The needle thread is sure to start under the foot and backward.
- Prepare the fabric for the hem of the hem: we cut off the corners of 3 mm on each side with triangles.
- We bend the material and start it into a “snail”.
- We lower the foot, hold the material with your hand, helping to form a hem.
There is another way to tie the fabric in this foot, which is useful for bulk and slippery 🙂 fabrics:
- Cut off a small fabric corner.
- We make a machine line two or three stitches length at a distance of 3-4 mm from the edge of the material.
- It is better to make a fixed stitch: two stitches forward, two back.
- We fill the strings in the “Snail” and pull from ourselves.
- The material is now in the “Snail”. you can lower it and start to scribble.
A scenting scan of a scythe is useful to quickly and carefully process the cuts of the product if you do not have an overlock.
Additional paws that we recommend:
This is. The minimum set of additional legs that we advise. But there are other interesting devices that can help, and we will also tell about them:
- Law for processing the edge of the product with a scythe. Spitter. A thin strip of material, tailored along the oblique, which is used to process the edge of skirts, collars and other parts, tailored along the oblique. Such a paw will allow this to do this and significantly accelerate the process, but in the usual way, the box looks much careful.
- Jacket. Not suitable for a leg on the leg.
- The paw for work with knitwear has a special silicone pillow for uniform fabric. The walking paw also has this function.
- There is also a special device for difficult places. helps when you need to go through dense areas.
- Povipov paw. used paired with a double needle.
- Folds for folds
- The folding apparatus allows you to choose the frequency of folds (in the stitches). Useful when adjusting the folds on the fabric.
Please note that buying paws in sets is usually much more profitable. Not all paws are universal, so take an adapter and a foot with you to the sewing store. Do not make a mistake. Enjoy the shopping!
Using the legs to sewing machines. Master Class
Using this paw, you can sew different narrow cords, tucking them from below into a snail. Instead of thread on top, it is better to use mono thread.
Paw for assembly. A very necessary paw. With the help of this paw, it is easy and easy to make hardware, ruffles. Pay attention how to put the fabric. The fabric that is assembled lies with the lower layer, and the upper one is tucked into the groove of the paw and will be smooth at the top of the assembly. The assembly is uniform.
Scent. I liked this paw in the fact that the plate allows the edge of the fabric along the edge of the needle, the seam is sternly along the edge, the thread goes along the plate and lies free, which makes it possible to flash knitted things, the seam will not burst when stretching. We use the seam set, imitation of the overlock.
Paw for sewing elastic bands, ribbons, braids. I can say the paw is just worthy. With the help of this paw, it is easy to sew the elastic band, inserted it under the plate, and it lies evenly and does not jump to the sides. And if you refue the thick threads of different colors under the plate and stitch it, then you will get a beautiful decorative braid. We use mono thread instead of the upper thread. We use a zigzag line, or a slow zigzag.
Applique. The paw is transparent and the drawing through it is clearly visible, therefore it is used when it is important to exactly sew along the line. Used when stitching the zigzag line. The distance of the step is small, the line is dull to be dense. For volume and beauty, the line, weaken the upper thread, and then the line will emphasize the beauty of your work.
Hinge. Everything is easy and just in use, but I did not really like the quality of the lining, the points are visible on the front side. There is a screw on the paw, with its help we adjust the lining of the lining, but still I have traces and I think, I will not heal so.
Stop foot. This paw is designed for a dagger. Dip the teeth for free tissue movement. Conveniently.
Jacket. Install a zigzag line. Stit height, select equal to the distance between the holes of the button. Simple and fast.
Zipper. The foot has two left and right holders. This makes it possible to live a zipper and on the right and right, you don’t have to control anything, the foot rests on the zipper and the line lies very evenly, sewing lightning in such ways, the fabric will never fall into the zipper, lightning opens without difficulty. I have been using this paw for a long time and I like it.
Scalp for sewing a secret lightning. A wonderful paw, it is like an iron, there is a recess from below right on the width of the lightning snake itself. I use this paw for sewing cords, it lies in the recess and it is easy to sew.
- For women (56)
- Salads (3)
- Clothing repair (2)
- How to sew on Burda magazine (1)
- FAQ by lyre (4)
- Html codes (2)
- Png pictures (4)
- Proshow Producer (13)
- Windows 7 (4)
- Car (6)
- Blood test (4)
- Patch for Sharpei (2)
- Audio Books (2)
- Take and do (14)
- Straza beaded (6)
- Felting (19)
- Video from photos and music (6)
- Video lesson.Translation of foreign books and magazines (1)
- Video lesson in refueling catrics (7)
- Video lessons. Construction and repair (48)
- Video lessons for beginners (knitting needles) (5)
- Video lessons beautifully write text (4)
- Video lessons hook (1)
- Watermark (5)
- Everything for the diary- different tips, lessons (276)
- Always at hand (76)
- Pattern by its standards (18)
- We grow on the balcony (2)
- Bright embroidery (6)
- Knitted clothes for dogs (161)
- Knitting (1365)
- Knitting to children (355)
- Knitting by book (18)
- Knitted coat (47)
- Knitted models without descriptions (3)
- Knitted flowers and leaves (87)
- Generators (45)
- Purulent otitis media in a dog (illness, feeding) (6)
- Hats (432)
- We make an armor (6)
- We make muses. player (21)
- We make frames (55)
- Housing (76)
- Knitting magazines (3)
- Harvesting for the winter (11)
- Earnings on the Internet (1)
- Interior ideas (5)
- From old jeans (12)
- Home products (63)
- Fur products (57)
- Desktop icons (5)
- Iniscation to my knitting machine (3)
- How to get to Moscow markets (1)
- How to calculate loops and different knitting tips (95)
- How to calculate the Raglan (4)
- How to make a description in Power Point (10)
- How to photograph (11)
- Kansashi. Flowers from tapes (68)
- Karaoke (2)
- Pictures for comment (17)
- Clipart (3)
- Books Knitting by Machines (9)
- Books on knitting clothes for dogs (8)
- Books on sewing (5)
- When you do not know what to open (1)
- Collection of postcards (14)
- Indoor plants (9)
- Reborn doll. Master class (4)
- Cooking (179)
- We are treated (38)
- Favorite links (116)
- FSh Masks, Gimp (12)
- Models for the car (15)
- My schemes (7)
- My bumps (20)
- Prayers (6)
- Men’s sweaters and not only (133)
- Musical cards (2)
- Musical cards (1)
- Multicooker (2)
- Knitted and soft toys (1431)
- On the Maidan (7)
- Rite of purification of the house (7)
- Knitted shoes (346)
- Clothes for toys (79)
- Online editors (4)
- Orgonizers for needlewomen (16)
- Toy design (109)
- Translators (5)
- Display of upholstered furniture (3)
- Tablet (program) (1)
- under what a sign your year (1)
- Congratulations and wish (28)
- Purchases for Aliexpres (0)
- Useful (44)
- Polymer clay, cold FAOR (28)
- Sewing bedding (12)
- Greetings in the epigraph (10)
- Checking sites for viruses (1)
- computer programs (98)
- needlework programs (37)
- dividers, ruler (77)
- Frames for video, player (47)
- Frames for needlewomen (19)
- Framics for text and watch for blog (163)
- Rumor (7)
- remont and operation of knitting machines according to the book (1)
- Applications, drawings for children’s things (9)
- DPD sites (1)
- Diabetes mellitus (4)
- Wedding (all) (49)
- Secret (74)
- Symbol of 2013. Snake (33)
- Download Electronic Books (1)
- Download videos and music (3)
- Create a slide show (8)
- Create a book (1)
- Toy links (8)
- Poems and songs (103)
- Table for a knitting car (1)
- Arrows. Transitions (13)
- Bags and accessories (155)
- Tv programs Cardharying TV (7)
- Size tables (5)
- Text converters (1)
- Phone (11)
- Translation terms (15)
- Embroidery technique (2)
- Sewing processing technology (3)
- Crochet patterns (32)
- Knitting patterns (40)
- Gift decoration (4)
- CorelDraw lessons (18)
- GIMP lessons (17)
- Machine knitting lessons (49)
- Batt lessons (1)
- Irina lessons (novichok56) (3)
- Word lessons (3)
- Photoshop lessons (81)
- Editor lessons (8)
- Installation Windows XP Video lesson (4)
- Learning to crochet (228)
- Learning to cut ourselves (2)
- Backgrounds (32)
- Photo hosting (1)
- Fritforms (6)
- I want to knit (4)
- File storage (1)
- Leather flowers, fur (5)
- Partial knitting (1)
- Clean the laptop (0)
- We read the schemes (11)
- Curtains (11)
- We sew ourselves (291)
- Me and my family (10)
How to change a zipper in boots in home 07.05.2017.- Watched: 41 (0) Wedding of my grandson Cyril and Christinochk 27.12.2016.- Watching: 16 (0) I have an anniversary today 08.ten.2014.- Watched: 123 (47) patterns with braids (knitting needles) 18.06.2011.- Watched: 2141 (2)
Paws for sewing machines how to use
Today, a whole set of legs is included in any sewing machine. And sometimes some are perplexed by their purpose. But if you understand what each of them is needed, then sewing is more interesting for you, and some operations are less routine.
In addition to a regular foot in the kit, you can find the following legs, well, or if necessary, buy the right ones:
Designed for sewing products made of genuine leather, leatherette and fabric with coating. It does not stick when you sew vinyl, plastic, skin or skin. You can use a Teflon paw also with ordinary sewing or when you make buttons for buttons on a plastic or leather material.
Instead of a Teflon foot, you can use a roller foot, which, due to the torque, advances the fabric forward. The paw has a rotating video that allows you to ride a fabric of any structure under it, whether 100% skin, or felt, or velvet. When sewing with such a paw, the stitches are uniform length. It is very good to pass any thickening on the fabric with a paw.
Which of these two paws to give preference, the selected fabric will tell. The roller foot also copes well with heavy materials, some types of raincoat and jacket fabrics.
Lightning paw is universal
You can sew a zipper with a regular foot designed to make a straight line or a zigzag line. But with a high.quality and neatly, a line passing next to the “dentures”, you can sew a zipper only with a special paw. It is one.sided, bilateral and narrow. The main task is to help the needle perform an even seam at the same distance from the edge of the “lightning” without a turning of the product.
A foot for sewing a secret lightning
But you can sew a secret lightning only with the help of a “secret paw”, which has two furrows on the sole. An ordinary paw and even a lightning paw for this will not work. The paw has special grooves in which the clamps of the fasteners are in a fixed position, which allows you to lay a straight line close to the fastener. As a result, the secret “lightning” easily, quickly and neatly stuck to the product.
Sometimes it is very not just to lay a flat finishing line along the edge of the product. Using a paw for sewing along the edge, you can easily cope with this task.
Designed to make the edges of the edges of dresses, trousers, requiring special accuracy with a secret stitch. A foot for a hidden line is suitable for inconspicuous licking of products from dense and medium density of materials. Now there is no need to pick up the product manually.
When and How to Use a Walking Foot for Dressmaking
You can beautifully decorate the product with a cord using this paw. At the same time, depending on the thickness of the cord, you can sew one, two or three cords at the same time. The paw has guides that lay the cord along the fabric, and the needle stones evenly on its surface. The foot has special holes for cords, decorative threads and is designed to decorate products using various decorative lines.
Scalp for sewing a bead thread
With the help of this paw, you can carefully and quickly sew beads on the product and decorate it.
Law for sewing braid (elastic bands, sequins)
The foot is used to adjust braid, ribbons, kant and other decorative elements, up to 5mm width, can also be used to sew linen gum. Great for decorating clothes with various elements.
Industrial sewing machinehow to wind the bobbin & use foot pedal. sewing tutorial!
Paw for sewing buttons holds the button at the time of sewing.
The loops can only be made quickly and accurately only on a sewing machine that has a special foot in the kit.The loop on the sewing machine can be washed in automatic, semi.automatic and manual mode. In order not to control the length of the loop in the foot, you need to install the button and do not forget to put down the vertical lever for switching the drive of the machine.
Scalp for edges with a scythe
Fandidation paw is used to process slices with a oblique fiber in one reception. The snail on the foot wrapps a strip of fabric and directs it in front of the needle. Can be used to sew a zigzag, decorative lines or ordinary straight.
With the help of this paw, ruffles and oxen. The paw is a small double plate with a slot over the entire surface. Material for assembly is placed under the foot, and in the slot. the fabric to which the assembly will be attached. The paw can perform three functions at once: do assembly, process the edge and sew the oxen to another fabric.
Povles often decorate clothes and home textiles. There are grooves in a special paw for wrappers, in which the fabric is tightened during sewing, as a result of which a relief fold occurs. Pumps are formed when sewing with a double needle. There are paws for sewing two, three and five spits evenly remote from each other. Before work, you need to select the length of the stitch and put a double needle on the car. Double needle stucks the back on two sides with parallel stitches.
- Creded.redigned catalog of postcards for all occasions
- Cheap air tickets, convenient search, without commission, 24 hours. Book now. pay later!
- Online game “Empire” turn your small castle into a powerful fortress and become the ruler of the greatest kingdom in the game Goodgame Empire. Build your own empire, expand it and protect it from other players. B
- There is always no ^ _ ^ allows you to insert a panel with an arbitrary HTML code into a profile at hand. You can place banners, counters, etc
Types of sewing paws and their use (with video review)
1) Satin Stitch Foot Foot Foot
Designed to work with decorative or satin stitches, monograms, applications, can be used to fasten. The sole of the paw is slightly beveled for a softer supply of threads. The foot is made of transparent plastic, which allows you to accurately control the sewing process.Features of work: select decorative, finishing or line zigzag. The length of the stitch should not exceed 0.5 mm. The upper thread should not be too tight. The foot for decorative (satin) stitches is designed for Janome sewing machines with horizontal shuttle and zigzag width from 5 to 7 mm.
2) a foot for a narrow hem/Rool of Lace Presser Foot
Ideal for a thin neat seam on silk, thin fabrics, on which a bend of about a few millimeters is made to exclude tissue weighting. It is usually difficult to do this, but a sewing machine with such a paw will be able to cope with this work. The foot will carefully bother the minimum amount of fabric and sew it without damaging the delicate material.
allows you to perform various operations. It perfectly sews fabrics of various thicknesses, both the thinnest and dense. In this case, the presence of a special latch makes the work as simple as possible
4) Transparent open paw/Open TOE Embroidra Foot
Such a paw is intended for applications, for tightening fabric and the like. Through transparent plastic, you see all the work entirely and you will not be able to make an error when turning.
You can beautifully decorate the product with a cord using this paw. At the same time, depending on the thickness of the cord, you can sew one, two or three cords at the same time.
Such a paw will help a peepor’s lover in her interesting work. Different paws are for stitching fabrics with different allowances.
7) a paw for a piece of squeaks/Braiding Foot
Similarly to the previous paw. it will help easily and quickly sew on the fabric on the thread on the thread. Neatly and evenly.
Air loops. Not the same as in crochet. For volumetric transverse stitches. For decoration.
9) Foot on the edge /Edge Joining Foot
Thanks to this paw, you can easily make a tissue on the edge of the fabric, and it is also convenient to sew fabric flaps with each other.
10) Quilling foot /1/4 “Quilting Feet
Quilling foot is designed to connect pieces of fabric with a patchwork with a allowance of 6.4 or 3.2 mm.
11) a paw for a straight line on thin fabrics /
Law for a straight line is used for thin and problematic materials. A large surface of contact with the material and a small round hole guarantees excellent quality of a straight line. Also, such an accessory in working with thin fabrics eliminates the “Christmas tree” effect on a straight line. A straight line with a round hole is also recommended to be used when sewing and fastening of patchwork products.
12) Prooppy foot /Pintuck Foot 9 Grooves
Small wrappers with a double needle are very easily performed with a foot with grooves on the sole. Pumps can be used not only for decoration, using them you can add modesty to products from thin fabrics. Description of work: Using a paw for shackles and a 2 mm double needle, you can quickly make shakes on thin material. Straight line length 2-2.5 mm. Pumps are created when sewing with a double needle, while the material is served with a pin, which is included in the deepening below on the paw. Insert the pin into the recess from the bottom on the paw to direct the next fold
13) foot to add decorative chain of beads/Round Bead Foot
Foot to add decorative chain of beads. For decoration.
14) foot. Overlock. “Puppies the edges”/Overcast Foot
Foot. Overlock. “Picks the edges”. Cannot replace the full.fledged one, but the edge is overlooking more accurately than a simple zigzag paw.
Foot. ruler. Creates parallel, next to the lying row, stitches. Thanks to you, carefully monitoring this equal, naturally.
16) a foot for sewing a hidden zipper Foot
For a secret lightning, the foot for a secret lightning slightly pushes the teeth in front of the needle, which allows you to sew lightning as close to the teeth as possible. If the zipper is well sewn, then it will look part of the seam. Work description: 1. Open the fastener. 2. Place the right half of the zero fastener face to the front side of the right side of the product. 3. Bend the teeth to the right and lower the foot so that the teeth lay in the groove of the foot to the right of the needle. Spend, reaching the end of the end of the cut. 4. Place the left half of the zero clasp face to the front side of the left side of the product. Make sure of the even location of both parts of the product. 5. Bend the teeth to the left and lower the foot so that the teeth lie in the groove to the left of the needle. Spend, reaching the end of the end of the cut. 6. Install a standard paw on the machine and pull the seam below the zipper.
Patchwork paws (patchwork)
Patchwork’s paw for connecting fabric flaps with fixed suture allowance.
Quilling foot for stitches and sewing with free supply of material.
They are used to create an application, glass, make a multilayer product on fabric. Using one such paw, it will turn out to be much easier and faster to combine the flaps, and if you purchase several varieties, it will be possible to create unusual patterns due to different distances between the seams and different types of rotation.
Aurora produces the paws of all these categories, you can buy them both pieces and in the kit.
The choice of the paw itself is not so complicated. The most important thing is that this accessory approaches your sewing machine. One of the main advantages of Aurora’s paws is that it is suitable for almost any sewing machines. In addition, all Aurora’s paws are sold in opening packages, so before buying they can be checked directly in the store.
All Aurora accessories are supplemented by detailed instructions on how to use a paw and for which products it is suitable. this will help to correctly install an accessory and use it in the future. Additionally, you can find a video instruction on the site-it will be useful for those who use the purchased type of foot for the first time.
Summing up, we can say that you can work on a sewing machine with one paw. But is it necessary? This accessory brings a number of advantages to the work: accelerates it, improves the quality of the line, allows you to effectively work with different types of fabrics. Especially the paws will help those who are just starting to sew, t.to. greatly simplify the implementation of complex operations and accelerate. Simple. In addition, the presence of different types of paws in the home workshop will help to significantly expand the functionality of even the simplest sewing machine, while spending a minimum of means.