Is it possible to wash crystal in a dishwasher: how not to spoil my mother’s vases?
Mountain crystal gave the name to glass, which, like a mineral, amenable to a cut. High.quality products from it. baccara (baccarat).
The attitude to valuable dishes is special, you need to understand how to wash crystal products, how to restore shine if it is lost. Experienced housewives know the rules for handling carved vases, including in a dishwasher, and are ready to share their tips.
- Features of crystal dishes
- Hand.toe rules of baccar
- How to wash crystal in a dishwasher
- Restoring the shine of faded glass
- Tips from housewives
- Catalog of dishwashers with reviews
Crystal and FAOR
Many housewives are interested in whether it is possible to wash crystal in a dishwasher? Such dishes are suitable for dishwasher only if the manufacturer determined this opportunity. In this case, the label will have a note on suitability for automatic processing. If this designation is not, then under the influence of high temperature the crystal dishes will not only have muddy glass, but can also crack.
Lose the appearance and change the surface structure of the faience and Faor with gilded drawings can. Therefore, if you are dear to tea sets decorated with patterns, it is better to clean them manually.
They are of two types: aerosol and gel. The former are most often used for cleaning crystal chandeliers and products with complex threads, and the latter for manual cleaning of dishes. They do not contain abrasive components and give crystal a sparkling shine.
Aerosol means should be abundantly applied to cleaned objects and let the resulting foam along with dirt and dust. Washing and wiping products after aerosols is not necessary, just wait for their complete drying.
Gel remedies must be dissolved in water, soaked in the resulting soap solution of dishes, wash with a soft cloth or sponge, rinse and wipe with a napkin.
You can also use conventional detergents (for washing dishes, washing powder), but they are more suitable for cleaning rock crystal, which is a natural mineral and has high hardness and resistance to chemical influences.
Carefully and carefully treat crystal dishes. So that the products do not beat in the process of washing in the dishwasher, lay a terry towel or dense fabric on the bottom.
It is also recommended to use the following tips, which will avoid a large number of unpleasant situations and retain fragile crystal dishes for a long time.
Large salt will help to cope with heavy pollution. The substance is poured into the crystal dishes, a sufficient amount of water and a spoonful of table vinegar is poured inside. The contents are thoroughly shaken. This leads to surface cleansing.
Do not wipe the crystal surfaces with waffle towels. This will not lead to the appearance of shine. Waffle towels do not absorb water, they can scratch the delicate surface.
When wiping, wrappers and glasses are recommended to maintain them for the base, and not by the leg. Otherwise, with the efforts made, you can break them.
Do not pour into carved glass dishes any hot liquids. Otherwise, this will lead to the failure of crystal products. Cracks often appear on the surface.
Do not dry fragile objects, including crystal, inside the microwave, oven. For wiping dry, take better cotton tissue, microfiber. They do not leave villi compared to a terry towel. To store crystal dishes, select rooms with dry conditions.
Crystal is a very popular material. In modern conditions, just care for him. Many manufacturers of dishwashers produce models suitable for washing crystal products and other fragile items. To avoid unforeseen troubles, carry out the procedure in strict accordance with the instructions.
Do not forget to thoroughly wipe the crystal with a soft cloth at the end.
Features of cleaning crystal and glass products
To understand all the subtlety of the washing process, you need to know why crystal dishes require special attention.
It is better not to wash crystal in a dishwasher, it is fragile
Crystal is an extremely fragile material obtained from crystalline glass and impurities (lead, barium, etc.D.). Fragility is expressed in the following qualities:
- instability to sharp blows, compression, pressure;
- tendency to clouded under the influence of hot water;
- a tendency to form divorces, yellowness and plaque on the walls after washing in hard water.
That is why, trying to preserve the impeccable appearance and make it to shine and shine of such dishes you need to know how to wash glass dishes and whether it is possible to wash a crystal in a dishwasher machine.
According to the recommendations of manufacturers of crystal sets, they cannot be washed in dishwashers and use aggressive or abrasive detergents. But these are only recommendations that some housewives do not seek to observe.
Many housewives wash absolutely all the dishes in the typewriter, which is fundamentally incorrect
5 WAYS TO CLEAN WITH SODA CRYSTALS | CLEAN WITH ME
In practice, the picture is somewhat different: crystal dishes can be washed in a machine designed to clean dirty utensils, but only observing some mandatory conditions. Among them:
- The composition of the dishes should not have lead impurities;
- use a delicate mode or only the “rinsing” mode;
- The water temperature should be cold or only slightly warm;
- The function “drying” is desirable (solves the question of how to wash glasses without divorces);
- Previously, salad bowls and other utensils should be rinsed with your own hands from large pieces of food;
- Crystal should be washed separately from other dishes;
- Use a delicate detergent without abrasive particles, acids and alkalis in the composition.
Do not try to wash the mountain crystal in the dishwasher, or the set, which is very dear to you or the price of which is very high. there is a chance of damage and clouding of the walls. But inexpensive salad bowls with an admixture of barium are quite suitable for cleaning in a typewriter.
Nevertheless, many housewives prefer to do with the usual washing of dishes manually, gently washing the dishes from crystal.
The glasses are folded in a basin with warm water or washed separately under warm running water using microfiber rags, brushes made of natural materials or soft sponge. The method is largely similar to how to wash glass dishes, however, in this case, more stringent requirements for the composition of cleaning agents and the temperature regime are presented.
Most housewives still prefer a manual classic sink
The instructions in the table contain information about the recommended cleaning products for utensils from crystal:
Alcohol gives shine at the final stage and can be used as an additional means.
The tool copes well with delicate purification if used in small concentrations.
What else to wash glass dishes? Vinegar.
Indeed, several grams of vinegar added to clean warm water, clean the surface of glass or crystal objects, give them shine and get rid of stains.
- Rinse the dishes in a soap solution from severe pollution.
- In a basin with clean warm water, add vinegar at the rate of 1 t.l. per liter of water, stir.
- Rinse each object with vinegar water.
- Wipe the microfiber dry.
Ammonia is also often used for these purposes for its ability to give the gloss of glass utensils.
- Prepare the solution by adding a few drops of ammonia to a liter of water.
- Pre.rinse the dishes from fat in soapy solution.
- Rinse in ammonia solution.
- Wipe dry with a napkin.
Soda is not the best purifier for crystal, since it is considered an abrasive tool and can scratch the delicate surface.
How to Clean a Washing Machine with Soda Crystals
Features of placement of dishes
Another feature of the sink of dishes in the dishwasher is constant vibrations. As already mentioned, crystal does not tolerate mechanical exposure, so you need to make sure that the dishes do not beat during the procedure. Glasses and other most fragile objects are better to fix on the shelves.
This can be done with the help of special holders from silicone or plastic. Sometimes they even come with PMM, well, or are purchased separately. If there are no holders, use ordinary clothing clothespins.
“Stoplist” for a dishwasher
Everyone understands that the machine washing is “more aggressive” manual. That is why not all objects can be loaded into the dishwasher. Firstly, another household chemicals are intended for technology, containing quite “strong” components that can ruin fragile materials. Secondly, the water temperature reaches 90 ° C-this degree will not withstand all kitchen utensils.
We will figure out which dishes cannot be cleaned with the help of a car. This is:
- Crystal products, thin Faor, items made under Khokhloma or Gzhel;
- clay dishes, for example, pots;
- Ceramic pots without special protective spraying. they easily “absorb” household chemistry and become toxic;
- Teflon utensils. After several cycles, such products simply “peel off” and lose their anti.stick properties;
- containers from multicoarok. they are recommended exclusively by manual care;
- Aluminum devices. During the washing process, the protective film from the metal is ripped off, it contacts with water. As a result of such processes, the dishes are dark and becomes unsuitable for use in the kitchen;
- Cast iron pans, bowls, cauldrons. In addition to the fact that heavy utensils can break the baskets of the dishwasher, so the metal will also rim from prolonged contact with water;
- any wooden devices. spoons, cutting boards, stands;
- dishes with wooden or plastic handles.
It is also worth saying which saucepan can be loaded into the dishwasher, without afraid to ruin them. This is:
- stainless steel vessels;
- cast iron products covered with high.quality enamel;
- glass bowls designed for a microwave;
- Modern expensive pots with protection applied to anti.stick coating.
Information about whether the automatic washing is acceptable is indicated on the packaging or bottom of the pan.
Therefore, having bought a new saucepan or pan, study the packaging and inspect the bottom. The manufacturer necessarily indicates how to properly care for dishes. It also prescribes whether it is permissible to load the products into the dishwasher.
How to wash crystal dishes with your hands
The choice of detergent plays an important role if you need to wash crystal products. You can use products from a specialized store or verified improvised means. There is always acetic acid, soda and ammonia at home at home.
- It will be necessary to prepare a deep pelvis, to collect water into it, the temperature of which does not exceed 35 degrees, pour in a sufficient amount of acetic acid. The prepared solution will perfectly remove all the pollution. This tool can be used for crystal dishes, decorated with gilding.
- A small amount of coarse salt can be added to the prepared solution. This measure will remove a brown plaque that can form if the products are stored in the closet for a long time.
- If there is a bold plaque on the crystal bowl, it is recommended to use ammonia alcohol. The proportion should be proportional to the volume of water: no more than one tablespoon per liter of water.
- You can clean the crystal dishes using starch. On a napkin, slightly moistened with water, you need to pour a small amount of starch. Peel the dishes.
- Our mothers and grandmothers used soda for washing products from crystal. If you need to remove old and dried pollution from crystal products, you should use a soda solution. In this solution, you need to soak products for a quarter of an hour. But do not rub the dishes with soda!
- For washing crystal dishes, you can also use products designed to care for glass, which do not leave stains after use. After washing with their help, you must especially carefully, rinse the dishes several times with clean cool water.
- After the pollution has been removed, it is recommended to rinse the dishes properly. In order for crystal products to shine with cleanliness, after washing you need to wipe them dry with a microfiber or wool with a napkin.
- If hard water was used for washing, then you can use alcohol to remove plaque. It is necessary to moisten the napkin with alcohol and wipe the problem areas of the product. Similar actions can be performed using ammonia and acetic acid.
Choose a detergent that does not harm products.
Items recommended for automatic washing
Now let’s talk about items that in the dishwasher was washed and convenient and safe. There are much more of them than it might seem at first glance. In the first place, of course, dishes, except for the one made from the above materials. The continuation of the list is much more unusual.
- Baseball cap. If you stuff this headdress in the washing machine, then it will certainly lose your appearance after 1-3 washes. In the dishwasher, the baseball caps are erased very high quality and do not deteriorate. Just keep in mind, the powder for washing dishes is not suitable for baseball caps.
- Slates, slaps, galoshes, rubber boots. Washed perfectly, just do not forget that before laying in the dishwasher, rubber shoes need to be cleaned from large pieces of dirt.
- Instruments. You can also wash a contaminated tool in the machine. Just do not put an acute tool on an automatic washing: chisels, knives, shirts. will certainly dull.
- Plastic plugs for ventilation holes, sockets, switches. These plastic elements can be perfectly washed. You will be surprised how the old yellowed switches from such a sink will whitewash.
- Plastic scallops, massage combs and t.P. Well washed in a dishwasher if they do not have wooden elements.
- Sport equipment. This refers to helmets, knee pads, caps, balls for bowling and so on.
- Plaphphones of the chandeliers of lamps and sconces. Before loading the plafones into the dishwasher, you need to make sure that this is not crystal. Glass and plastic plafones can be washed without restrictions.
- Strong fruits and root crops. Fruits and root crops before laying in the dishwasher are cleaned of large pieces of dirt, and then loaded into the basket. Before washing root crops and fruits, it is necessary to wash and wipe the dick for detergents so that the remains of the powder and rinsers do not get on the food.
Note! In the dishwasher by loading 10 sets, you can perfectly wash 6 kg of potatoes, 2 kg of carrots and for 2 kg of fruit the place will remain, it is very convenient when you need to cook a lot of food at a time.
Summing up, we note that we decided that in the dishwasher, in addition to dishes, you can wash a lot of things. This list has a thermos, melchior, fireclass, toys, tools and even dense vegetables and fruits. However, there are restrictions and there are many of them. For example, you can not put knives, crystal, wooden objects, objects of brass, cast iron, silver and other things. In order not to accidentally spoil things in a dishwasher, study this article. it will come in handy!