A plate for a microwave: the rules for choosing and features of the operation of the microwave
There are microwaves in almost every apartment or in a private house, and even in offices with kitchens. This technique greatly simplifies the preparation of food for housewives, and makes the process of heating the dishes fast. You just need to place the dish on a special pallet inside the microwave camera, and then turn on the function you need. The round container is spinning, and the food thereby heats up or is prepared, depending on the option. A rotating pallet is a key element in any microwave oven. Without this element, it is unrealistic to heat up or defrost the products.
There are various situations when the plate for the microwave breaks or becomes unusable. How to do it in this case? We are talking about how to replace the pallet, is it possible to do it at all. In addition, we will consider which plates can be used in the microwave, namely in what containers it is possible to warm up dishes. Knowing this, we can avoid failure of microwaves and other force majeure situations.
The principle of action of the microwave oven
In order to figure out what dishes can be and which can not be sent to a microwave oven, it is important to understand the principle of the microwave work. To begin with, it should be noted that all the work of this household appliance is based on interaction with water molecules, a large number of which are present as part of any product.
In the process of cooking in conditions of microwave, the laws of physics play an important role. Moving, water molecules collide among themselves. Thanks to such a chaotic movement, heat is released.
However, despite such physical processes, justified from a scientific point of view, the microwave oven is not able to spread heat into the product, it heats only its edges. After that, another principle is included in the work. the principle of thermal conductivity, thanks to which the heat that appeared along the edges of the product spreads to the central part of its structure.
That is why the products in the microwave oven should be prepared for a long time at medium power, but not a short period of time on its highest indicators.
Pros and cons of glass dishes
Thanks to modern technologies, heat.resistant pots can be used for cooking not only in the oven, but also on gas burner. Heat.resistant glass dishes have its strengths and weaknesses. The positive characteristics include the fact that they:
- Do not come into contact with acid or alkali, so you can cook different dishes in them, grease, cook acid sauces and be sure that the products will not gain an unpleasant taste;
- transparent, which allows you to observe the preparation of dishes;
- smooth, food does not burn on such a surface, and are also easily washed with a sponge;
- They are not afraid of moisture, steam, water, which allows you to cook food and store it without transferring it to another dish;
- carry the minus temperature, and food can be cleaned in the freezer.
We offer to consider, as well as take into account the disadvantages of glass dishes:
- fragility. When falling or hit, it can break, therefore requires more careful use and storage;
- With a sharp change in temperature, it can crack, so do not flood in cold water just cooked;
- The weight of glass pots is much larger than similar items made of stainless steel or aluminum;
- In glass containers, food will be prepared longer, and large pieces may not boil to the end, so cut the products smaller.
Review of manufacturers
The assortment and selection of dishes today is quite wide and diverse. There are many companies that specialize in the production and sale of dishes for microwave. Among all companies, I would like to separately distinguish those whose goods have established itself as the highest quality and reliable.
- Luminarc is a container of super.resistant and refractory glass. The company produces all kinds of dishes, including plates.
- SIMAX uses heat.resistant Czech glass.
- Wolomin is a Polish company. Engaged in the production of dishes for microwave.
- Tognana is an Italian company whose products are considered one of the most durable and durable.
Products of almost each of the above manufacturers can be found on sale in household goods stores. If there is no way to visit a company store, you can always use Internet resources and find exactly what you need.
What can be put in a microwave
In order to make food quickly and safely cook or warm up foods in the microwave, you need to take care of the appropriate set of dishes. plates, cups, dishes, saucepan, etc.D. Let’s figure out what dishes can be used in the microwave, according to what criteria it is selected.
Glass utensils for microwaves is perhaps the most common and diverse. Mugs, plates, dishes, glass pots with a lid, etc. are widely used.P. But is it possible to use any glass utensils in the microwave? Without any restrictions, only products made of special heat.resistant glass marked with a special icon. They withstand sharp temperature fluctuations and prolonged heating.
Other glass products, especially from thin glass, can simply crack after several use or as a result of a long stay in a working furnace. To find out exactly which dishes can be put in the microwave, it is recommended to pay attention to the corresponding marking. Unemeded utensils will have to be used at their own peril and risk.
In addition to glass dishes, silicone products are suitable for microwaves. Different forms for baking are especially often made from this material. It is claimed that for the microwave stove silicone molds are almost the perfect option, t.to. baked products do not stick to them. Silicone utensils are suitable not only for baking. In the appropriate containers, you can also extinguish vegetables and meat.
A plastic disposable dish is also used as dishes for a microwave oven. Usually these are cups or containers for warming food. You should know that not every plastic container is suitable not that for heating in microwave prints, but in general to store foods.
Plastic that can be used for food (including hot) is marked with a special symbol. a glass and a fork inside the square. Containers and cups with such a marking can be warm in the microwave for a short time. In addition, plastic tanks can also be marked with a traditional icon that allows their use in microwaves-this is a stylized image of the microwave.
Even if there is appropriate marking, food in plastic tanks is recommended only to warm up, and a short time. Cooking in plastic is extremely undesirable.
Faor, faience, ceramics and glass ceramics
Faor, earthenware and ceramic dishes can also be used as dishes for a microwave oven. However, such utensils can be used with restrictions. So, ceramics should be covered with glaze. It is also desirable that no murals are applied to the FAOR, Faance and ceramic products. The fact is that the paints with which such utensils paints often contain metal particles. This can lead to sincerity during cooking, damage to the furnace or to the destruction of ceramic capacity. The painting “under gold” is guaranteed to lead to the fireworks in the microwave chamber.
As for glass ceramics, the kitchen utensils from this material perfectly tolerate microwave radiation and prolonged heating. Glass.ceramic, as well as phaory, earthenware and ceramic glazed products, can be safely used both for warming up and cooking.
Clay dishes in the microwave are used quite widely. “Clay” means unglazed utensils from pottery clay. Most often, these are clay pots that are especially good for cooking stewed dishes and languor of products. When asked whether it is possible to warm up food in clay pots, you should answer positively. The clay pot will transfer relatively short heating without problems. Another thing is prolonged cooking, when you have to put clay dishes in the microwave for a long time. In this case, the possibility of using such utensils depends on the quality of ceramics. a high.quality pot will withstand and prolonged heating.
As in the case of glazed ceramics, murals on clay pots are undesirable. This is especially true for the use of golden and silver colors. A feature of the unglazed clay utensils is its porosity. Such a porous structure of the material actively absorbs moisture, which can lead to cracking of utensils with its strong and rapid heating. For the same reason, the smell from cooking has long preserved in clay pots for a long time. However, all these shortcomings are compensated by the possibility of preparing delicious dishes.
When deciding which dishes are suitable for the microwave, you should pay attention to paper cups, plates and containers. Disposable capacities, they are only suitable for heating food. It is in this capacity that they are very convenient, so they are often chosen as a package for ready.made lunch, which only need warm.up.
Когда отсутствует подходящая посуда для микроволновой печи, для разогрева пищи можно воспользоваться пергаментной бумагой. This material is resistant to high temperature and does not pass fat, at least for some time. Of course, you can’t warm up soup or tea in paper, but, for example, a chicken leg or piece of pizza is quite. Parchment paper in this case is used to avoid pollution of the stove camera.
Suitable bowelware for microwave
When choosing dishes, it is worth remembering that it should be not only beautiful and comfortable, but also durable, harmless, suitable for the microwave. It is important that the products are made of dielectrics. materials that do not conduct electricity. The best option is glassware.
Silicone Muffin Pans Oven Safe, Microwave, Freezer & Dishwasher safe! by Any O’Cakesion
For heating food
In a microwave, the dishes are exposed to high temperatures, microwaves. Such conditions are not able to withstand all materials:
- Glass. For use to the microwave, containers of this material with thick walls are best suited. There should not be golden stripes and patterns on the glass dishes for microwave. Metallized paints have the ability to conduct electric current. If you use such dishes by mistake, a spectacular glow will be visible. In addition, there is a risk of damaging the oven itself.
- Plastic. Dishes made of this material, especially containers with lids, is also suitable for warming up food. It is necessary to choose it by special marking. Manufacturers apply the “microwave oven” to the bottom or cover. If there is no such icon on a plastic bowl, it cannot be used. When heated, the container will simply melt.
- Faor. Such dishes, despite the apparent fragility, are also suitable for use. It is very convenient to warm in the microwave directly in the plate. food can immediately be served on the table. Faor mugs, cups are great for warming liquids. They can even brew coffee or medicinal herbs in them.
- Cardboard. To warm up, a heat.resistant material is suitable. Most often, disposable cups, plates are made from it. In such utensils, you can heat only low.fat products with a small amount of sugar, without water. Various types of paper and ordinary cardboard can also be used, but be sure to be supervised. With prolonged heating, they are possible to ignite.
- Bamboo. New Father dishes are not recommended to use food in the microwave. Under the influence of radiation, wooden fibers are gradually destroyed. The dishes can lose color, crack, deform or even light up. The maximum that the bamboo container withstands without consequences is 15–20 seconds.
- Silicon. He is able to withstand high temperatures, and there are no metal components in it. In the microwave, silicone can be used without fears if it is of high quality. Unscrupulous manufacturers produce products with a very strong smell.
For convection and grill
In the technique that supports the function “grill” and “convection”, in the preparation of food, in addition to microwaves, special heaters and fans are used. PCA dishes of this type are selected somewhat different. It is worth remembering that no type of plastic can be used.
|Type of dishes||Can it be used for grill||Can it be used for grill and microwaves||Advantages||disadvantages|
|Glass ceramics||Yes||Yes||Evenly distributes heat||Afraid of temperature changes|
|Heat.resistant glass||Yes||Yes||Easily cleaned even of the most stable contaminants||Requires neat treatment|
|Ceramics||Yes||Yes||Warms up well||In the presence of chips and cracks on the glaze, it may crack.|
Glass ceramics heat.resistant glass ceramics
Features of plastic dishes for microwaves
First of all, it is necessary to recall that plastic has many types. Including there is food plastic. Some of these types of plastic can withstand heating up to 100 ° C or more. Some immediately begin to melt, it only costs a little temperature.
Not intended to heat them in any way materials such as polystyrene, polyvinyl chloride and polyethylene. Here you can not put in a microwave work:
Polyamides and polypropylene are suitable for use in microwaves. It is from them that food containers are made in which they take food with them. When you buy such a specific product, you should pay attention to the fact that the icon is “suitable for microwaves”. But not only.
IMPORTANT! The manufacturer is very important in a particular case. The lion’s share of plastic dishes enters European countries from the Middle Kingdom. And I must admit that its quality, as a rule, leaves much to be desired.
Even in the case when the ship does not melt, heat and electromagnetic radiation will be affected by him so that harmful substances will begin to release from it. For example, phthalates. As you know, if you get into food, they make it dangerous to health.
The main rule of the user is this: choose plastic dishes from proven brands.
A special conversation about temperature. Plastic products always indicate what heating they can withstand. In the case when the maximum possible indicators are exceeded by at least several degrees, the material begins to melt. And after that, you can no longer use such dishes for its intended purpose.
IMPORTANT! It is very easy to ruin the container if you start cooking something sweet or fatty in it. Then sugar crystals will turn into caramel. They are able to heat up to 188 ° C. And the oil begins to boil at 160-270 ° C.
Ceramics, glass, Faor
You can cook in ceramic pots in any oven, including the microwave. This is an environmentally friendly heat.resistant material suitable for baking, languor, warming up.
Remember: dining room ceramics can burst from temperature differences. Remove the dish from the refrigerator in advance or transfer food into a suitable at room temperature container.
Make sure that there are no cracks, chips, scuffs on the glaze on the dishes.
How to Steam Your Home Oven For Perfect Bread
Glass containers have a number of obvious advantages: they are easy to wash; They do not absorb odors. Through transparent walls, it is easy to determine whether the product is ready or not, without opening the door.
The heat.resistant type of glass is applicable in the modes of “microwaves”, “convection”, “grill”.
Subtle Faor is not suitable for microwaves.
However, children’s multi.colored faor products are usually made of high.quality raw materials. Many objects are shock.resistant, heat.resistant.
Products from official manufacturers should have a factory mark on which it is indicated whether or you cannot heat this dishes, prepare in it in a microwave oven.
Initiators of natural materials, the market offers dishes for a microwave from eco.rash. Plastic toxins do not threaten dinner if it is heated in a container made of wheat straw and sugarcane. Such boxes are suitable for warming up second dishes and drinks. In addition, they are 100%biodegradable.
Memo: what cannot be put in the microwave?
- Crystal. Brilliant grandmother Crystal contains particles of lead, silver. They warm up faster than the glass part. The dishes will just burst.
- Glass, firefish with print. High-quality brands produce colored glass dishes marked “can be placed in microwaves”. If you are not sure of the color on the product, and there are no identification marks on the dishes, do not use it for the microwave.
- Disposable tableware. Do not put a disposable plastic plastic plate in the stove if you do not know what it is made of.
- Brilliant decor. Any metal prints can cause crackle and even provoke a fire inside the microwave. Metallized rims are not suitable for a stove of this type.
- Metal dishes. Metal plates, cups, even enameled, cannot be used when using a microwave stove. Such dishes do not miss the microwaves. over, radiation may be reflected by disable the stove emitter.
- Unprocessed ceramics should also not be used in a microwave oven.
- Also foil is prohibited for the microwave.
Microwave dishes forms
Not only the quality of the dishes matters, but also the shape with the size. It is best to cook in dishes with round edges. In it, the food is warming evenly.
You can use square and rectangular dishes, but it should be noted that food can dry out in the corners due to a large concentration of energy.
In a wide and shallow dishes faster and better heated and food is prepared.
In order to prepare some dishes, for example, soup needs a deep and dilated dishes to the top. This is necessary because when boiling, food can splash out, and the dilated edges will save from this.
- Cylindrical dishes are remarkable for the preparation of muffins and biscuits. But it should be higher than for the oven.
- When warming up and cooking in a microwave, it is recommended to use a special cover. This is necessary so that the products do not dry out. The cover also helps to speed up the cooking process and make food much more tender.
- The cover should have a marking and be transparent so that the microwaves pass better through it. It should have a hole in order to go out steam. The cover protects against spray and fat hits on the walls of the microwave. So the device will remain clean much longer.
Now it is clear which dishes can be used in the microwave, and which cannot. With the correct selection of dishes for microwaves, it can last for many years. This is good for both technology and food.
Therefore, before starting the use of dishes in the electrical appliance, check the availability of marking and make sure that it is suitable for cooking.
Now you can start preparing various dishes and delight your loved ones.