The gas pipe in the kitchen: what you can do with it, and what. can not? Answers to the frequently asked questions
If you have a gas stove in the kitchen it means you have seriously limited freedoms when remodeling or even rearranging (installing) furniture. Why? The gas supply system is a high-risk area and is heavily regulated. In the case of a breach of regulations, the gas company inspector. The next time you visit your apartment, you’ll get a hefty fine and have to redo the washing machine.
You can hide a gas pipe in the wall?
No. No niches, false walls, fences. Not even with appliances or furniture. Of course, there is not much space in most Russian kitchens, but the law dictates a clear rule: the gas pipe must be placed on the open wall, and access to it should be easy.
The gas pipe under the sink is also not allowed?
Not. Both the gas line and shut-off valves, and even the flexible line cannot be located under (or above) the sink. There must be at least 0.3 m to the sides (left or right edge) of the sink.
Can the gas pipe intersect with the ventilation duct?
No, as with window and door openings, chimneys.
How to lay near the gas pipe electric wire, so as not to violate any rules?
Here’s how Mosgaz answers this question: “At intersections of electric wire or cable with a gas pipe, the distance between them should be at least 0.1 m, with a parallel laying at least 0.4 m.
Gas taps can be put where it is convenient for me? Or there are strict requirements?
Requirements for the installation of shut-off devices (stopcocks) are really tough. This must be an easily accessible place. Height of about 0.8 m from the floor, at least 0.2 m from the side of the gas appliance (bottom version), or 1.5-1.6 m from the floor (top version).
You can connect one disconnecting device to both the hob and the oven at once?
How many separate gas appliances do you have in your kitchen, as many separate disconnecting devices should you have. And it’s worth remembering that the pipes must be connected by welding. Threading is allowed only where the shut-off valve is installed or the gas appliance is connected.
Varieties of boilers
Manufacturers of gas heating systems care about the appearance of their products. Most modern units boast compact dimensions, and their design is not much different from that of household appliances. Therefore, in many cases, owners will not have to think about how to hide the gas boiler in the kitchen. Characteristics and functionality of gas boilers, presented in the Russian market, are diverse and determine the following varieties of products:
- Single-circuit and two-circuit. Single-circuit units heat water for the heating system (batteries). Double-circuit units provide not only heating, but also serve to heat water.
- Models differ in capacity and the way of placement: mounted on the floor or mounted on the wall.
- Models are equipped with automatic or manual ignition system.
- Models differ in the type of boiler. Compact and ergonomic boilers with an integrated boiler are suitable for the kitchen. The functionality of the unit can be easily expanded, if equipped with an external indirect water heater.
An important indicator that determines how the boiler and pipes will be decorated in the interior, is the type of combustion chamber. there are models with closed and open (atmospheric) burner.
Closed-type boilers are the simplest and quietest devices with a burner, above which there is a coil with the heat medium. For the combustion of fuel the atmospheric air of the room is used. Some models can be equipped with an air duct and draw air from the street. Closed-type devices need a chimney, which is why they are used mainly in private homes.
In apartments where it is impossible to arrange a chimney, safe models with a closed chamber are common. Such designs are characterized by higher performance and less toxic smoke, if compared with atmospheric burners. To discharge the smoke outside the kitchen, a horizontally located chimney is used.
In this case, deciding how to hide the gas boiler in the kitchen, take into account the presence of the chimney. The optimal location seems to be the installation of the gas system as close as possible to the exit pipe to the street. Such a device can be hidden in a cabinet, a wall mounted cupboard, or installed in a niche.
Standards and rules for installing a gas pipe in the kitchen are as follows:
- Before starting the work the main valve must be closed.
- Blow out the gas pipe, if the pipe is relocated.
- Provide fastening of the pipe to the wall. These are special clamps and brackets.
The type of fixture is determined by the length and diameter of the pipes.
- If there are electrical cables near the pipes, the minimum distance here must be 25 cm. And the gas appliances must be removed from the electrical panel by 50 cm.
- It is inadmissible to place it near the cooling equipment. In this matter, the owners often make mistakes. Can I put a refrigerator near a gas pipe?? You can’t. So the radiator of the refrigerator can quickly overheat, and the unit itself will become defective.
- The minimum distance from the gas pipe to the stove is formed as follows: the branch to it goes only on the line of the connection socket. The shut-off valve is placed 150 cm from the floor and 20 cm from the side of the stove. The installation of the stove is carried out with a heat-resistant flexible hose.
- Work must be carried out in a room with stable ventilation and natural light.
- Minimum ceiling height. 220 cm.
- Stove and opposite wall must be at least 100 cm apart.
- Surfaces around the pipes and the stove are coated with a fire retardant material. plaster.
- The pipes are laid in such a way that the stove is 7-8 cm from the walls.
- Stove can only be used in a kitchen that is shielded from the hallway: a wall or a partition and a door.
- The height of the gas pipe from the floor must be at least 2 m.
Another important aspect is the maximum length of certified gas hoses. There are no limits for this in Russia. In Europe it is 2 m. We can have products from 2 to 10 m and more. All depends on the objectives of the owners and the working conditions.
Can the refrigerator be placed next to the gas stove answer the expert
Any thrifty housewife should know not only how to correctly dispose of the money, coming to the store or market, but also how to rationally use the kitchen appliances, dashingly eating up kilowatts of all-more expensive electricity, with minimal losses to the family budget. 1. You have to remove stains immediately when they are still fresh or you can treat them beforehand. You can first try treating them with soap and water. Old stains sometimes go away only after you’ve washed the garment a few times.
The installation of gas pipes in apartments is subject to certain requirements, so independent installation and connection of equipment, as well as the transfer of the gas pipe to another place is strictly prohibited.
Do not seal the pipes tightly. in the event of a leakage gas will accumulate, increasing the risk of explosion. This is why you can’t use fixed ducts to cover pipes. over, it is forbidden to hide the pipe in wall trenches. Gas pipes should always be painted. this protects them from corrosion and extends their service life.
Your refrigerator must be transported in an upright position. When transporting, do not put on the side, because the oil from the compressor can get into the condenser. That would cause compressor malfunction if left in operation. If at transportation it is possible to transport only in “on a side position”, it is necessary to take care about vertical position of the compressor tube at this time. After transporting the refrigerator to the site, the oil must be allowed to drain back into the compressor. To do this, leave it in an upright position for two to three hours and then turn it on.
In order for the equipment to work properly, it is necessary to monitor the maintenance of optimal temperature regime in the kitchen. For proper functioning, the temperature must be between 5°C and 40°C.
But these figures are somewhat different for different climate zones. In northern regions, temperatures between 11°C and 30°C are acceptable. In a temperate climate, a temperature range of 16°C to 32°C is sufficient.
Concealing & Coving Around Pipes | The Carpenter’s Daughter
If the temperature in the room above normal, the load on the cooling system and thermostat increases. It can cause leakage or regulator breakage.
Can I put the fridge next to the radiator or heating pipes?
You can not put the refrigerator in the kitchen near a hot radiator. The radiator of the cooling equipment should be located at a distance of not less than 50 centimeters from the battery. A smaller gap from the battery to the refrigerator is not allowed.
Option of placing the fridge appliances near the heating pipes is allowed only as a last resort. if there is no other free space in the kitchen. But it can lead to problems with the refrigerator operation. If you put it near the battery itself, it will lead to the following changes:
- the back wall of the appliance, which is responsible for evaporating cold air, will be heated by the battery;
- To maintain an optimal microclimate, the refrigerator will start working harder, while the power consumption will increase;
- equipment parts will wear out more quickly, shortening the life of the equipment.
The question arises, what to do if the kitchen has free space for appliances only near the radiator. In this case it is advisable to place it in another room.
meter. It is a mechanical device, which cannot be influenced by your refrigerator, much less increase the readings. There are craftsmen who put special magnets on the meter, so they can pay less. Do not worry about whether your refrigerator affects the readings of the gas meter.
If the replacement of the gas stove model in the kitchen is made simultaneously with the repair of the room, it may be necessary to move it to another place. In this case, it is important to observe the following rules for installing the stove: The maximum allowable distance from the device to the gas supply pipe is 4 meters, ideally. no more than 2.