How to install a stove in a summer house in a country house
A summer house, as a rule, is built small in size, and when the question arises about its heating in the offseason, the stoves of the potbelly stove on firewood come to mind.
For giving, such heater, indeed, is a successful solution. they are inexpensive, they do not take up much space, are unpretentious to the fuel. However, the device has its own shortcomings. We’ll figure out all the characteristics, the rules of choice and installation.
Varieties of bourgeois
The classification of this type of stoves is based on the material from which they are made, functional options and design features regarding the effective use of fuel.
As for the materials, mostly stoves of the bourgeois for giving on firewood are made of steel, stainless steel or cast iron. In principle, there are no strong differences between models. The only thing that can be noted that cast.iron samples weigh much more steel analogues, stainless steel stoves are the most expensive.
As for the appearance, in the factory conditions you can make masterpieces of metallic art. And this applies to both steel and cast iron stoves. But at home, Chugun cannot be melted, therefore, when the task is to make a stove for a bunch for a summer residence with your own hands, this applies only to steel models.
The following separation concerns the principle of fire combustion. There are two positions here:
The second category allows you to burn fuel during the small oxygen intake in the fire combustion zone. At the same time, the fuel itself does not burn, it gradually smolders, highlighting a fairly large volume of thermal energy. It should be noted that the design of prolonged burning furnaces is very different from the classical.
Firstly, it has more than one camera. Two.chamber structures are mainly used, but there may be more cameras. Secondly, channels were drawn into each camera, through which the air enters inside. At the same time, a small amount of oxygen is required in the top compartment. But a large amount of fresh air is required in the burning chamber, where carbon monoxide burns, because only a mixture of carbon monoxide and oxygen can burn out. At the same time, burning, the combustible mixture releases a lot of heat. So, this is additional energy that increases the efficiency of the bourgeois.
As for functionality, the bourgeois can be divided into two categories.
- Heating stove.
- The combined version, when the oven not only heats the premises of the cottage, but you can cook food on it. Such bourgeois are called. with a hob.
How to choose the right
It is necessary to choose a stove for a stove on firewood for a summer residence, given the main thermotechnical parameters of the unit.
- Productivity or capacity of heating appliance. Most often, a simple ratio is used for the selection: 1 kW of thermal energy must be allocated for 10 m² of heated area. At the same time, it is taken into account that the height of the ceilings of rooms in the country does not exceed 3 m, and there are no windows or doors in them. And since the last criterion is impossible, the indicator of 1.3-1.5 kW is taken for the amount of thermal energy.
- Type of fuel used. This is usually firewood. In models of prolonged burning, you can use sawdust, small branches, leaves. Briquettes and pellets are specially produced for them today. Experts do not recommend the use of coal in bourgeois, especially for prolonged burning stoves.
- The choice of the manufacturer. recently, the bourgeois on the market were represented by domestic manufacturers who produced only classic models. Today, with the advent of foreign analogues, such as Canadian stoves of the Bulerian type, diversity has expanded. But we must pay tribute to domestic manufacturers, which today are one of the best in terms of manufacturing furnace equipment of air heaters. At the same time, they offer a fairly wide range.
Model line of domestic bourgeois
It should be noted that foreign samples are mainly made from heat.resistant cast iron. Domestic stoves of stoves for giving firewood. these are mainly steel structures. By the way, the model line of domestic bourgeois includes completely new samples, which are called “convection”. They differ in a complex design, which includes a separate camera where hot air is removed. It goes through special channels under the influence of temperature, which are located in the aggregate case. Compared to classic stoves, this variety has an increased efficiency.
Bourgeois operation: pros and cons of
Considering heating units for the garage, it is important to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of each option, compare the technical parameters and ease of operation. Homemade bourgeois has a number of advantages over heat generators of a different type, but we must not forget about some shortcomings
Homemade bourgeois has a number of advantages over heat generators of a different type, but we must not forget about some shortcomings.
Homemade bourgeois for heating garage
#520. Installed Wood Stove And Chimney In Tiny Cabin (Through The Wall)
Among the characteristics that ensure the competitiveness of the bourgeois among other heater for the garage, we can highlight:
- Quick ignition. If you correctly mount the chimney and provide good traction, the fuel in the stove quickly flares up and the unit 10-15 minutes after the ignition goes to the full capacity of work. A brick stove of even a small format for this requires at least an hour.
- High efficiency. Even without special improvements, a home.made stove can warmly warm up the garage. The efficiency of the unit can be increased by welding metal ribs or pipes to the body to provide convection, or by mounting a brick screen or a casing for heat accumulation. Also, the potbelly stove can be turned into a boiler for radiator heating.
- Universality. A variety of solid fuel can be used, including woodworking, crop production, household paper and wooden garbage.
- The uniformity of heating. Regardless of which part of the room there is a stove-stove, it will warm up the air evenly.
- Multifunctionality. Bourgeois of almost any structure can be equipped with a hob. Such an unit is used not only for heating, but also for cooking, heating water.
- Low cost. For the manufacture of a thermal unit, former pipes, gas cylinders, wheel discs, black leaf metal are used. Do.it.yourself stove requires minimal cash costs.
- Economy. A properly manufactured bourgeois is spent effectively, due to the use of various kinds of waste as fuel, the cost of heating garage is several times lower than when using electrical equipment.
Bourgeois of own manufacture
Among the shortcomings of the heating unit include:
- Lack of heat accumulation. The metal stove heats up quickly, but also cools down as quickly. The air heating in the room is ensured only in the process of combustion of the fuel. Compensate this drawback will help the brick box erected around the stove will help.
- Tough chimney requirements. In order for the strength of the traction to allow fuel to effectively burn, the height of the chimney should be at least 4 m, while the restrictions on the angle of inclination of the links of the pipe should be observed if the chimney channel is not assigned strictly vertically.
- The need for regular maintenance. The chimney pipe of the potbelly stove must be regularly cleaned of soot. With daily use of a stove, a small diameter pipe (10-12 cm) is cleaned once a week, large-once every one and a half to two months. The accumulated soot not only worsens the craving, but is also able to light up.
Stapial arrangement of the chimney of the furnace
How to protect a country house from a fire when installing a furnace
Even with the most careful observance of work technology, everything cannot be foreseen. Where there is fire and heat, there is always a probability of a fire. It is possible to reduce the risk of its occurrence if you protect the interior elements accordingly.
In addition to antipyrene impregnation, it is advisable to close the wood with drywall. After priming, sheets for beauty can be covered with refractory paint suitable for the interior in color. Another option is ceramic tiles. The material has low thermal conductivity and is excellent insulation from fire.
Clinker tiles are considered a good solution. It looks good in any interior, while creating an effective screen even from the strongest heat. For thermal insulation of the pipe, basalt wool is considered the best option.
The firebox of the new furnace
In the morning after installing the furnace, it was decided to check its power. The whole firebox was not filled with firewood, small ¼. The logs were from birch and aspen. After the firewood was in the furnace and were set on fire, then smoke went. the paint probably burned out. All the time of combustion, the work took place at the maximum of opportunities, later I wanted to ventilate the room. All incompletely laying burned in 30 minutes.
After a little red coal remained in the furnace, it was decided to throw another portion of firewood. The floor under the stove became very hot, you can touch, but you can’t hold your hand. The wall behind the stove, opposite the stove. hot, but you can hold your hand for a couple of seconds.
Sandwich also. you can keep for a few seconds. Further within an hour and a half, the firebox occurred in prolonged burning mode.
After the first firebox, the temperature was 22 degrees in the room, after the second 25.
After the first firebox, it was possible to say that the furnace works well and really like it, the capacity adjustments are simple, but it was at first it was not clear how the glass was running.
Glass after work of the furnace remained clean. After the furnace is ended, after two hours the furnace was quite warm. I will not argue about the heat capacity of the comparable to bricks, from each heating device it is necessary to demand what it can give and receive from it what it is adapted for. It is mummy to conclude that Chinese cast iron made a furnace is very functional in work and gives an impressive result.
The process of manufacturing and fastening of the chimney
The bourgeois is considered a portable design, so it is not recommended to make brick chimneys for it. So there are two types of chimneys to choose from. it is asbestos.cement or metal. It is proved that the metal manifests itself better in work and by weight it is much smaller. As for the asbestos.cement pipe, it is permissible to put it only on top of the furnace and its maximum heating temperature is only 300 degrees Celsius.
The chimney for the future furnace must be of collapsible and compact
Note! The design of the chimney for the future furnace must be of collapsible and compact. And the pipe should go to the street along the most short of the possible ways and consist of at least two elements interconnected. So, if one element is worn out, it can be easily replaced without disassembling the entire device.
Details and materials for assembling the chimney
- Metal pipes. required for the construction of the base of the chimney, the most suitable diameter of 16 cm;
- The tee is also a diameter of 16 cm with the presence of a plug on one of the sides. it will be needed in the process of connecting a divery pipe;
- Several knees to form joints. they will help to turn and lay a chimney in the required direction. The size of one of them should be 10 by 120 cm, the remaining 16 by 120 cm;
In the absence of metal pipes, the main pipe can be made of sheet iron by flexion with hammer and ticks, as well as the use of welding apparatus. If such a metal is too thin, then you can cut it with scissors for metal, if not, then you will need an angular grinder and metal disks for it.
Assembly of chimneys
- Installation must begin with determining the place to install the pipe, where the internal element of the furnace with the external will be connected.
- The first element of the chimney is attached to the stormy, the second one and so on, depending on their number. At the output of the potbelly stove, it is better to replace thin metal with a cast.iron knee up to 50 cm in height. It will make it possible to increase the efficiency of operation of the chimney and extend its terms, preventing the melting of thin.walled metal.
The first element of the chimney is attached to the stormy, the second one and so on, depending on their number
- Then the chimney pipe is lengthened until it reaches the connection with the next element of the structure.
- A hole is made in the floor, its dimensions should exceed the diameter of the pipe by 10 cm, since it is first covered with thermal insulation material.
A hole for the pipe is made in the overlap
- If easily flammable materials are found in the cracks, they must be removed, because after warming up the pipe will increase and the risk of fire of nearby objects in the absence of protection.
- In the floor resulting in the ceiling, the hole is first mounted by the passage cup, and the pipe itself passes through it already through it.
At first, the passage cup is mounted in the hole in the ceiling, and the pipe itself passes through it
- Next, the pipe that comes out of the room joins with a pipe, which is an external part of the chimney. The latter should end 10 cm above the roof. The hole for the output of the outer pipe is designed according to the principle of the hole in the ceiling.
- The outer pipe of the work is strengthened by a sheet of iron or any other metal. For this purpose, you can also use bricks, the main thing is that the material is non.combustible.
The outer pipe is strengthened by a sheet of iron or any other metal
- The outer side of the pipe is carefully covered with bitumen resin and wolted by thermal insulation. for example, mineral wool, and at the junction under cotton wool, a saucer is mounted that prevents the fire of cotton wool from getting hot ash.
- At the end of the outer pipe, the “mushroom” is mounted-in another way a cover that helps to protect the pipe from the hit of foreign objects clogging the chimney, or from the rainwater.
At the end of the outer pipe, “mushroom” is mounted. a cover to protect the pipe from foreign objects and from rainwater
Note! After the assembly is completed using the sealant, all connections and seams are fixed. this will prevent the intake of smoke into the room. The sealant should be special. resistant to high temperatures.
Earlier we already wrote about the characteristics of sealants for the fireplace and stove and advised to add the article to the bookmarks.
After the processed seams drying, the furnace is ready for operation, but first its work needs to be checked properly by flooding the potbelly stove. If the smoke does not penetrate the cracks, then the assembly was carried out correctly and efficiently, taking into account the rules and safety standards.
Today, such models have a variety of style performance. Installing them for heating, they still act as decorating the room.
Installing a Stove in your Workshop
Fuel for such a system is firewood, the length of which does not exceed 25 cm. You can use other solid fuel. The main purpose of the bourgeois:
“Bourgeoisie” successfully competes with brick and fireplace systems. However, it has one very important advantage, its dimensions have no large values. Such a stove is easy to transport and connect. It is often used in nature for cooking on a picnic.
When you constantly have to transport the stove to different places, the collapsible design can be the best solution. It removes the upper cover playing the role of the hob. The legs are very easily disassembled, and the smoke pipe is removed. If desired, you can divide the entire stove into several separate sections.
As a result, there is no place for storing the stove, it becomes mobile and easily transported.
Using such a heating device, you can not worry about the entrance of carbon monoxide into the upper respiratory tract. All harmful gas is removed through the smoke pipe
To achieve this effect, it is very important to carry out the correct installation. The power of the stove will reach a maximum if you create a good traction
How and with what to drown a stove-stove?
Fuel. Steel stoves-stoves are designed for wood heating. You can also use sawdust.based fuel briquettes that are sold in construction shopping centers. Stoves designed for firebox furnace are made of cast iron.
Working modes. Most furnaces of this type can function in one of two modes: intensive burning and maintenance of temperature. For intensive combustion after laying firewood and closing the furnace door, the ash box is opened to ensure the flow of the maximum amount of oxygen into the furnace. To convert the stove into slow combustion mode (maintaining temperature), firewood is again laid and the ash box is closed. Slow combustion time depends on the design of the furnace and can reach 8 hours for models equipped with burners.
The traction adjustment is carried out by a shyber shuttle: with excessive thrust, the damper partially closes.
Remember: you can use the oven in intensive burning mode no more than 2 hours a day!
To extend the duration of the furnace, experts recommend that after slow combustion the stove intensively stove for 15-20 minutes: this is necessary to remove soot formed with slow combustion of fuel.
What chimney is needed
It will be impossible to use the potbelly stove without the presence of a chimney, so it is worth taking care of the manufacture of this part in advance. To make a pipeline, you can purchase finished pipes or make them yourself from sheet metal. The second option will cost cheaper. During the assembly process of pipes and an angular element, a smoke canal is assembled, which is then welded to the finished bourgeois.
As a material for the chimney, brick, steel or other metal pipes, ceramics, vermiculite or asbestos cement are used. Choose the right option based on the budget and complexity of installation.
Sometimes chimney pipes are made of special heat.resistant glass, but this material requires a special skill. Glass chimneys also do not differ in practicality.
The optimal choice for beginners will be ready.made stainless steel pipes, their main advantages: low weight, acceptable price and lack of difficulties at all stages of assembly.