Requirements for the installation of a gas boiler
A separate boiler room is intended for high.power units. over 200 kW. But if you need to maintain the architectural appearance of the house, then building such a structure makes sense for a smaller power boiler.
Modern polymeric materials and technologies allow you to lay communication underground for the supply of heated coolant and hot water from the boiler room. a high degree of thermal protection will minimize the loss of thermal energy during transportation of heated fluid.
- stability to fire materials (building blocks of different types, brick);
- It is allowed to use metal sandwich panels with a non-combustible thermal insulator inside;
- Blessed material for the roof is used;
- For the floor, reinforced concrete coating is used.
- The height of the ceilings in a separate building should be from 2.5 m;
- When calculating the volume of the room to the minimum value (15 m3), 0.2 m2 is added to each kilowatt of the heat generator power;
- Under the boiler weighing more than 200 kg, the foundation is mounted separate from the base of the construction, the height of the podium above the floor is up to 15 cm.
Standard requirements are put forward to the doors, ventilation and arrangement of the chimney.
Safety requirements for a boiler room
There are certain requirements for the room, which will be used as a boiler room. First of all, these are its dimensions: according to existing standards, the height of the room should be at least two meters, and the area. at least four square meters per installed boiler.
- the size of the entrance to the premises of the boiler room: its width should be at least 0.8 meters.
- the presence of windows going out into the street.
- mandatory presence in the basement of supply and exhaust ventilation.
These requirements are dictated by security considerations, the need to ensure quick evacuation from the premises in the event of an emergency. In addition, fire safety should be paid to special attention: the finishing of the basement should be made of non.combustible materials.
Access to the premises for children must be prohibited. Neglecting safety requirements can lead to severe consequences due to potential fire and explosion hazard of gas equipment.
Installation of a wall boiler
For those who decided to install the boiler with their own hands, we have compiled an instruction:
- Choose a place for installation. The distance from other devices should not be less than 20 centimeters, the distance between the boiler and the wall is taken from 30 to 50 mm, depending on the power (indicated in the instructions). The unit can be installed over other devices or cascade, if there are several;
- Check the equipment of the equipment. We find instructions, a mounting template or installation circuit, wall brackets and fasteners;
- On the inside of the front cover of the device, we find an identification plate and compare all the technical characteristics of the device indicated in it with those that are declared on the packaging. Having made sure of the correct configuration, we proceed to the installation;
- If the wall consists of wood or other fuel material, then between it and the boiler it is necessary to place the protective material with a thickness of at least 3 mm, and take at least 45 mm from the device to the wall;
- We fasten the brackets using dowels according to the scheme proposed by the manufacturer on the wall. The height of the boiler installation. 0.8. 1.6 m above the floor;
- We fasten the mounting strips to the device.They can be attached in various ways depending on the model of the device and manufacturer. Most often use bolts, self.tapping screws or bastards;
- We wash all the pipes of the boiler and the heating system for the removal of particles that have entered the system during assembly and production of the device;
- We hang the boiler with a fastener on the bracket in accordance with the mounting scheme. We check the spatial position of the unit: it should be strictly horizontal, otherwise problems may arise in the work;
- On the water supply pipe into the heat exchanger, install the angular mesh filter that prevents the clogging of the device. The filter on both sides is equipped with ball valves for the convenience of repair and maintenance;
- The connection and commissioning of the unit is carried out by authorized employees of licensed organizations after checking the compliance of the equipment with adopted standards.
Important! Only competent representatives of public services should also verify gas pipes, as well as checking and launching equipment. Self.connection will not be considered correct even in case of full compliance with the norms.
Heating with electrical appliances
Electric appliances for heating basements are the easiest and budget option. Today the heater is an indispensable device that is used when it is necessary to observe a certain temperature regime.
In order for the normal heaters to work, the basement of a private house requires a high.quality electrical wiring designed for their total capacity.
Electrical equipment can be very different. Consider its main types.
To fully heat the large basement of a private house, convectors are best suited. This type of heaters will help to cope with cold air even in the most crackling frosts. Convectors can be made in different types of structures, so you can choose the most convenient view (on the wall or on the floor).
Among the main advantages of such heaters, the following can be distinguished: the room warms up quickly and fully, the device is easy to install, it does not make noise, they can heat the entire building or individual rooms. The main drawback is serious electricity costs.
Previously, equipment of this type was used quite widely. For heating, it is necessary that first the oil is warmed up in the radiator, after which it will begin to give heat to the room. In this case, the time costs of heating the cellar or the basement are much large than in the case of convectors.
Oil heaters are quite cheap, easy to use, but have considerable weight and have some restrictions in the installation. Main advantages: long service life, lack of noise during operation, affordable price, ease of installation and maintenance, the ability to move.
Equipment of this type for heating the basement or cellar is extremely rare. The thing is that the devices work in such a way that only those objects and surfaces that are under them or in front of them warm up (in the event that the device is attached to the wall). Thus, to warm up the basement completely, it will take considerable time and electricity.
The main advantages of devices of this type: noiselessness in work, high level of reliability and long operation, safety in use, increased efficiency, the ability to heat a certain zone. Among the shortcomings we highlight: stationary installation, high ceilings for installation, with prolonged use there is a chance of overheating.
Infrared heater mounted on the ceiling.
Here is a rating of heating equipment for this parameter in of 2021:
|The source of thermal energy||The price of a kilowatt hour of heat, rubles|
If your house is gasified, you are provided with cheap warmth
However, there are a couple of decisions that can significantly reduce costs when using expensive electricity for heating needs.
Weil McLain Gas Boiler Flooding Basement. Bad Relief Valve & Expansion Tank
The heat pump uses electricity not for direct heating, but for the operation of a compressor that circulates the coolant between the two heat exchangers. the internal heating system, and the external, located in the soil, under water or in the air. The highlight of the heat pump structure is that it is able to select thermal energy from a relatively cold environment for heating a hotter.
over: the number of transported to the house from a low-potential heat source is 3-6 times higher than the amount of electric energy consumed for the compressor work. This feature allows electric shift using heat pumps to successfully compete with solid fuel boilers.
You get most of thermal energy for free
Another solution that reduces the cost of heating the basement by electricity is the use of a heat accumulator (a heat.insulated water tank for a large container). Complete with a double.zone counter, it can reduce
Heat accumulator in the basement
- At night, the electric boiler operates at the rated power, supporting the heating and heating the water supply in the accumulator;
- Night electricity consumption is paid at a lower night tariff;
Meter with separate accounting of day and night energy consumption
During the day, the boiler is turned off, and the water continues to circulate between the heat accumulator and the heating devices, gradually giving them heat.
- https: // propodval.ru/mikroklimat/uteplenie/mozhno-li-gazovyj-ubael-u-v-podvale-chastnogo-doma.HTML
- https: // jsnip.ru/vodosnabzheniya/trebovaniya-k-gazovym-kotlam-v-chastnom-doome.HTML
- https: // avonomnoeteplo.RU/Otopitelnye_kotly/384-Mozhno-Li-Ubanovit-Gazovy-Kotel-V-Podvale.HTML
- https: // Profiteplo.COM/Sistemy-Otopleniya/110- Kotelnaya-V-Chestnom-Dome.HTML
- https: // bouww.ru/article/Normativnie-Trebovaniya-K-Gazovoy-Kotlynoy-V-Dome
- https: // v-teplo.ru/Trebovaniya-K-Kotelnoi.HTML
- https: // obustroen.ru/Ingheenernye-Sistemy/Otoplenie/Kotly/Gazovaya-Kotelnaya.HTML
- https: // pogreb-podval.RU/Planirovanie/Kommunikacii/Kotelnaya-V-Cokolnom.tazhe-435
The conditions for installing gas boilers in the basement
Before buying a gas boiler, you should get permission from the gas service for its placement in the corresponding room. Earlier, the Soviet SNiP prohibited the installation of a gas boiler in the basement of a private house. The fact is that the gas mixture has the ability to accumulate at the floor level and at the same time becomes explosive. However, at present, the installation of a gas boiler in the basement is possible when fulfilling the requirements:
- The number of gas units does not exceed 4 units.
- The total capacity of the boilers is not more than 200 kW.
- The room must comply with generally accepted standards.
The gas service will allow the unit in the basement only if it meets certain standards:
- The height of the ceilings should not be less than 2.3 m;
- ceilings, floors and walls are made of non.combustible materials: ceramic tiles, concrete, plaster, etc.D.;
- the presence of effective supply and exhaust ventilation;
- The window opening should be able to open and be at least 0.25 m²;
- to the walls, it is necessary to leave a distance of at least 1 m;
- the width of the entrance to the basement cannot be 80 cm;
- The door should have a 1-2 cm slot below;
- The floor in the basement should be even without the presence of pits and recesses in which gas can be accumulated.
For installation in the basement, it is recommended to place the unit with a closed combustion chamber. Near any gas boiler there should not be light.combustible objects.
If your basement meets the above standards, you need to order a project in a specialized company and submit it for approval to the gas service. Specialists check the design documentation for several days, after which they issue a permit for installation or write out a refusal to explain the reason. The applied home owner can eliminate the defects and re.give the project for approval.
Important! In different regions, the requirements for the basement, to place a gas boiler in it, may differ.
High Efficiency Boiler [Installation and Explanation]
Some requirements for such boiler rooms
Gas and fire services have restrictions on the arrangement of boiler rooms.
It is allowed to build a boiler room in the basement of a residential building in all services. There are only a few requirements, compliance with which must.
- Ceiling height of at least two meters.
- The premises are required to have at least 7.5 m3 for one boiler.
- To install no more than two boilers in one room. For the second boiler, the area increases.
- Distance from the boiler to the wall of the boiler room one meter.
- Installation of ventilation, providing three.time air exchange, corresponding to 3m3 per 1 m2 of the boiler room.
- Entering a gas pipeline into a residential building is prohibited through the foundations.
When passing the gas pipeline through the ceiling, a steel case is necessarily installed. At the entry of the gas pipeline into the cottage there should be a disconnecting device, 0.5 m from the window opening. Controversial reinforcement is installed in front of a gas boiler in a boiler room.
The floors are better to make concrete and put tiles on them. The walls of the boiler room are made of brick or from the material providing fire protection.
If you are interested, then you can also find out about the requirements for the boiler room in this article.
The installation of a gas boiler operating on a gas in the basement is prohibited if there are no windows corresponding to the NNUP standards.
Window openings are calculated from the volume of the room in the boiler room. Per m3 of the volume of the room, the window area should be 0.03m2. Windows in the boiler room are made with the windows. If necessary, you can ventilate the room. Boiler room windows, act as an explosive valve.
The installation of a gas boiler is prohibited in the basement of liquid gas.
Solid or liquid fuel boiler room
Installation of a solid fuel boiler and diesel fuel in the basement is allowed.
The area of the boiler room with boilers working on solid fuel is built at least 8 m2.
Fire safety requirements are best observed, as in the case of a gas boiler.
For both gas and boilers working on other types of fuel, a pipe is being built to remove combustion products. The cross section of the pipe is one kW of the capacity of the boiler 24 cm2 in the basement and basement boiler rooms.
In the boiler room, it is necessary to provide a pit to drain the liquid from the heating system. The non.freezing liquid can be assembled in a container, and water can be released into the sewer using a pump.
Compliance with the norms and rules for the construction of boiler houses ensures the safety of the operation of boiler equipment and the building as a whole.
According to SP 402.1325800.2018:
5.4 For heating of the premises, heating gas boilers with a closed or open combustion chamber should be provided, including single.circuit and double.circuit, or heating devices designed for gas fuel, boilers with coaxial chimney, gas convectors and other gas.heating equipment that have permits for use issued in the manner prescribed by the current legislation of the Russian Federation. For hot water supply, running, capacitive gas heaters or double.circuit boilers should be used. Gas.heating equipment should be factory manufacturing and equipped with automation of regulation and safety. Gas boilers must comply with GOST R 51733, GOST R 54826, GOST R 54438, GOST R 54439, gas water heater capacitive. GOST R 54821, gas convectors. GOST R 51377.
The installation of gas convectors should be performed in accordance with the Appendix E.
5.5 When installing a gas stove in the kitchen and a running water heater or heating boiler with a combined combustion chamber, the volume of the kitchen should be taken according to 5.one.
When installing a gas stove in the kitchen and a capacitive water heater, a gas stove and a heating boiler with an open combustion chamber (single.circuit or double.circuit), the volume of the kitchen should be 6 m 3 more than 5 more, provided for in 5.one.
When installing gas equipment intended for heating and hot water supply, in a separate room (heat generator), the area of this room (heat generator) should be determined from the conditions of convenience of installation and maintenance of equipment, but at least 15 m 3 at at least 2.5 m ( for a heating boiler with an open combustion chamber).
(P.5.1 At the same time, the internal volume of the premises should be, m 3. No less:
5.6 gas.heating equipment operating on natural gas is allowed to be placed in the basement and basement floors of single.apartment and blocked residential buildings. It is not allowed to install technical devices and gas.heating equipment in bathrooms and sanitary units.
Requirements for evacuation exits from the premises where gas.heating equipment is installed must comply with the current fire regulations.
5.7 is not allowed to provide for the installation of more than two heating boilers or two capacitive water heaters in one room.
5.8 Gas generators should be installed in accordance with the requirements of manufacturers’ instructions: in a heated ventilated room, in an unheated ventilated room, as well as on the street under a canopy.
At the existing objects, gas generators should be installed after performing the hydraulic calculation of existing gas networks and checking the capacity of the accounting unit.
5.9 Ventilation of the premises intended for the installation of gas.conveying equipment should be natural. The hood is provided from the calculation of three.fold air exchange per hour, and the influx in the volume of the hood and the additional amount of air for gas burning. The dimensions of the exhaust and supply devices are determined by the calculation.
Requirements for ventilation and smoke ducts should be provided in accordance with Appendix GP 402.1325800.2018.
In kitchens-dining hoods, it is provided based on a single air exchange per hour and an additional air volume of 100 m 3 /h per operation of the gas stove (SP 60.13330).
5.10 As a lightly discharged enclosing structures, it is necessary to use glazing window openings with a glass area at the rate of 0.03 m 2 per 1 m 3 of the volume of the room or use window structures with double.glazed windows according to GOST R 56288. Reinforced glass, other double.glazed windows, triplex, Stalin and polycarbonate to light.abandoned structures do not apply.
5.11 The door from the premises where gas.heating equipment is installed should be opened out.
5.12 Distance from the building structures of the room to heating gas-heating equipment should be accepted in accordance with the requirements of the manufacturer’s instructions. In the absence of requirements in the instructions, gas.controlled equipment should be installed based on the conditions of convenience of installation, operation and repair. In this case, the following requirements should be fulfilled:
- Wall gas.button equipment for heating and hot water supply should be installed on the walls of non.combined materials at a distance of at least 2 cm from the wall, including lateral;
- Walls made of hard.to.combers and combustible materials should be insulated with non.combustible materials or factory.made screens from hardened multi.layer glass according to GOST 30698, which do not support combustion and spread of the flame on an isolated surface, at a distance of at least 3 cm from the wall, including the lateral. Insulation should protrude for the dimensions of the equipment housing by 10 cm and 70 cm on top;
- The height of the installation of wall equipment should be convenient for operation and repair;
- the distance in horizontal in the light from the protruding parts of the heating equipment to the household gas should be at least 10 cm;
- When installing equipment on the floor with a wooden coating, the latter must be isolated with non.combustible materials, the fire resistance limit of which is at least 45 minutes. The insulation of the floor should protrude for the dimensions of the equipment housing by at least 10 cm.
5.13 In existing single.apartment residential buildings, the installation of gas slabs is allowed in premises that meet the requirements 5.1, but having a minimum height up to 2.0 m inclusive, if these rooms have a volume of at least 1.25 times more than the normative indicated in 5.one. At the same time, in houses that do not have a dedicated kitchen, the volume of the room in which the gas stove is installed should be twice the above in 5.one.
In kitchens and rooms with inclined ceilings having a height in the middle part of at least 2.0 m, the installation of gas.using equipment should be provided in that part of the kitchen where height is at least 2.2 m.
The transfer of the gas fuel of the existing factory heating boilers intended for solid or liquid fuel is possible when equipping boilers with gas.burning devices with automation of safety in accordance with GOST 17356.
5.14 Each object on which gas.conveying equipment is installed should be equipped with a gas metering unit in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation. The installation of gas metering nodes should be performed in accordance with the Appendix in.
Features of installing a gas boiler in the basement of the house
Owners of private houses, looking for a suitable heating option, often stop on gas equipment. But the unit itself, the elements of its strapping and the chimney take up too much space in the room, therefore, if there is such an opportunity, they choose the option of location of a gas boiler in the basement of the house. This allows you to save living space and increase the safety of using the heating system.