Pulley for the washing machine. how to remove, press, replace
Using a universal or homemade puller, you can remove the pulley from the washing machine motor without damaging the parts.
Since without the part, the entire washing process goes to naught, it is easier to determine the breakdown. You clearly will not miss the fact that things even after the washing machine is dirty, so immediately begin to repair. However, it’s better to be one hundred percent sure, so we’ve compiled the signs for you to accurately determine the condition of the pulley:
- The most obvious. the drum does not rotate when washing. It’s hard not to notice.
- When washing you hear a strong noise and knocking.
- The rotation is jerky with a strong rattle.
Now, if you are confident in the failure, it is time to move on to the repair itself! Rest assured, it will not prove difficult and will be within the reach of even novice craftsmen.
Design and principle of operation of the pulley. Typical malfunctions
The wheel consists of two rings, which are connected by stiffeners. The part is attached to the shaft of the drum through a bolt, and is located on the back of the tank.
In automatic washing machines (CMA) with belt drive, a small pulley is also provided. It is fixed to the motor shaft. The principle of the system is simple:
- the motor is started.
- Through the drive belt, it transmits torque to the large tank rim.
- The wheel rotates, resulting in the rotation of the tank with the drum.
The motor tachometer is responsible for regulating the speed.
The pulley is most often made of steel, but can be made of other metals. The surface is coated with an anti-corrosion agent to protect it from rust. Therefore, the part rarely fails. In addition, without visual inspection is difficult to understand that the cause of failure is in the revolving wheel.
- The fastener is loose (the most common problem). At the same time you may hear knocks and noise during the operation of the technique.
- Physical wear and tear: Cracks on the surface. Drum rotation is disturbed, full stop.
- Deformation of the product shape. common with factory defects. Inline production can be so “clumsy” that there are burrs on the surface, which quickly causes the belt to wear out and need to be replaced.
You may notice the drum spinning slowly when wringing the garment. Either when the machine stops working while the electronics are working normally. In such cases, it is advisable to check the drive belt and impeller.
How to check and remove the pulley from the drum and washing machine motor?
You will have to remove the back of the CM for repair. Observe safety precautions.
Pull the plug out of the washer-dryer. Close the intake valve.
Place a container under the machine and disconnect the inlet hose from the housing. Then follow the instructions:
For any malfunction, you must remove the pulley and install the correct part. How to do it right:
Sometimes it is difficult to unscrew the central bolt. It is riveted to the landing place or attached to the sealant.
To fix the problem, heat the bolt with a blowtorch and spray with WD-40. Wait half an hour and unscrew the fastener.
Remove the wheel from the shaft by pulling it towards you. Before fixing the new pulley on the shaft, inspect the seating, clean from scuffing if necessary. Fit a new element and lubricate the bolt with sealing compound.
Moving on to the driving element of the motor. It is more difficult to disassemble it because it is firmly seated in the hub. You will need a special puller and torch.
Repair of the pulley on the motor of the washing machine:
- Dismantle the motor. It is located under the tank of the washing machine.
- Disconnect its wiring and unscrew the screws.
- Place the puller on the part to be disassembled. It sits firmly, so you can’t remove it at the first time.
How to attach the pulley to the motor shaft? To do this, press it in by hitting it on the spindle with a hammer. Begin the procedure before the element cools down.
The ring will be securely fastened to the shaft when it has cooled. That’s all there is to it. Now reinstall the motor and fasten the belt. If the latter is damaged, worn out. put a new element.
- Put the belt on the motor rim first.
- Then, by cranking, on the wheel of the tank.
- Rotate the tank by hand. All should rotate easily, without difficulty and unnecessary noise.
It is not possible to avoid a factory defect, but it is possible to prevent a breakdown, if you follow the rules of operation. Do not overload the drum with laundry, watch the bearings. If you hear crackling noises, you’d better remove the panel from the washer-dryer immediately and check what’s wrong. Postponing the problem will not solve it, on the contrary, can lead to a complete failure of the washing machine.
What will indicate if the bearing in your Electrolux machine is faulty?
How to find out if a bearing is worn out without disassembling the machine? When in good working order, the washing machine is almost silent. The first signs of wear are noise and hum during operation. Each time the vibration and grinding will increase. and you won’t hear anything but the hum of the equipment.
Drum backlash is a telltale sign of trouble. If you jiggle it by hand, it visibly shifts upwards from the tank.
Bearing failure is a serious breakdown. However, replacing the part is much more profitable than buying a new machine, so, having studied the sequence, proceed to action.
How to choose the right bearing for your washing machine? Remove the old part and go to the store with a sample. Your salesman will help you find the right parts.
What tools do you need?
For self-repair you will need:
- Screwdrivers (Phillips, flat).
- Pressing pliers.
- Rubber mallet.
- WD-40 cleaner.
- Sealant or sealant.
Assemble the necessary tools? Now unplug the machine, turn off the water tap. Disconnect the hoses to the SM, drain the remaining water.
Before you change the bearing in the Electrolux machine, you need to move it away from the wall, providing space for work.
Step by step washing machine repair Electrolux
We should point out right away that this repair is performed identically for different models of Electrolux washing machines. Over time, the manufacturer may change the control panel, improve the electronics, but the internal design remains the same.
To carry out replacement of bearings in the washing machine Electrolux is better immediately, as soon as was noticed malfunction.
The peculiarities of the assembly of the washing machine Electrolux include the unusual connection of the body. It consists of a front and back that are joined by a seam in the center of the side. Therefore it will be enough to remove the back half of the case to access the tank.
- Remove the screws from the back, remove the top panel.
- Undo the self-tapping screws at the bottom of the rear cover.
- Remove the side panel screws, which are located at the bottom. Remove the plastic catches that cover the screws.
- Do the same on the opposite side.
- Now unscrew the upper retaining screws.
- Using a flathead screwdriver squeeze the plastic latches of the valve which is attached to the rear wall.
- After removing the valve, disconnect the cover.
You have access to the tank at the back of the machine. Proceed with further disassembly. to remove the drum.
- Unplug from heater (TEN) wires.
- Unfasten the plastic cable ties to finally disconnect the wiring.
- Disconnect the wires from the washer-dryer motor.
- Unscrew the fixing bolts (usually 3-4 screws), remove the motor from the housing.
- Remove the screw of the pressure chamber.
- Unscrew the screw that holds the clamp of the drainage pipe.
- Disconnect the spigot.
- Using pliers, pull out the shock absorber latches.
There is nothing holding the tank down anymore. All that’s left is to release the upper part.
- Loosen the clamp and disconnect the water connection.
- Remove the spigot at the top front of the tank.
- Remove the rubber sleeve of the hatch.
- After unbending the cuff, remove the collar.
- After removing the tank springs, remove the tank from the SM housing.
Laying the tank on a flat surface, you need to remove the pulley.
If you find a large amount of scale on the tank walls, this should be removed. Then remove the bearing. Start with the stuffing box by prying it loose with a flathead screwdriver. To make it easier, use WD-40.
- Install a new bearing in the seat of the tank. To make it sit in place, tap gently with a hammer on the bolt, which is evenly repositioned on the outer edge.
Be careful! Do not knock on the inner ring of the bearing. In this case, the balls inside are deformed, which will significantly reduce the service life of the element.
Repeat the assembly process on the inside of the tank.
- Lubricate the inside of the case.
- Install the packing on top of the bearing. If it does not fully enter into the socket, evenly tap with a rubber mallet on the edges.
Now it remains to put the drum in place and cover it with the second part of the tank. Before doing so, lubricate the seams of the tank with sealant for better adhesion and reliable sealing. Reinstall the other part by tightening the screws around the perimeter. Reassemble in the reverse order.
Knowing how to replace the bearings in a washing machine Electrolux, you may well be able to do it with their own hands. The video will help you in the work :
Differences for Electrolux Washing Machines with Vertical Loading
The design of the washing machine tank with a vertical load. two side walls (to which the drum is attached) and an open hatch at the top (through which you can access the flaps and lock the drum). Since the drum is mounted on two supports, two sets of bearings must be replaced.
- Using a flat screwdriver, pick up the control panel on both sides, remove it from the body of the washing machine. Preliminarily fixing the wiring diagram on a photo, take out the terminals from connectors.
- Remove the rubber hoses, remove the fill valve.
- Unscrew the fasteners, remove the side panels.
- By unscrewing the fixing elements, remove the front panel.
- The bearing on the side without the pulley is the first to be replaced. To do this, remove the caliper (bearings and oil seal enclosed in the housing), clean the seating place of dirt, screw in a new bearing unit.
After the bearings are replaced, the washing machine is assembled in the reverse order, connected to the electricity, water and sewerage networks, start the test wash.
Where and at What Price to Buy a New Part?
Buying a new set of bearings for the washing machine Electrolux, it is important to pay attention to the main technical characteristics of the selected part. The new bearing must match the dismantled element in all respects.
In order not to make a mistake with the choice it is enough to tell the seller (or manager online store) marking the old part (marked with a laser on the metal surface of the bearing).
It is better to buy original parts, the quality of which is confirmed by the relevant certificates and the manufacturer’s warranty.
How to call a master
Call us at 8 (495) 642-57-99 or 8 (925) 896-90-01.
In the shortest possible time (if you have left the request at site) we will call you back.
You describe the essence of the breakdown, tell us the brand and model of the washing machine
Service center network “RemBytTech” performs the replacement and belt tensioning of washing machines with both horizontal and vertical load and area. Due to the presence of masters in all districts and most cities of Podmya we carry out orders in the shortest terms. Within 24 hours after your treatment specialist “RemBytTech” will come to your home and:
The new belt and the work of the master for its replacement is covered by a 9-month warranty.
How to call a craftsman
You can call the specialist of “RemBytTech” you can in any convenient way. by filling the form on this site or by phone from 8.00 to 22.00:
Please inform the manager when contacting:
- Brand of washing machine if you only need to put the belt (if it is loose or if you have already bought a new part yourself). If you need to replace the failed drive belt. also report the model of the unit. For example Samsung S821, Electrolux EWS 1105 or LG WD-8012C. The exact number can be seen on the body of the washing machine on a special tag or in the instruction manual. This information will allow the handyman to bring the “native” belt installed on your unit by the factory to do the replacement work.
- The day and time of the arrival of the master is suitable for you.
- Contact information. your name, address and phone number.
On the selected day, the master will call you again to confirm a convenient time for you to replace the belt.
Price of washing machine pulley replacement
Our firm has been in the washing machine repair business for quite some time. Replacing pulleys will be a very important part of fixing this appliance. After all, often a faulty pulley can lead to problems, both with the belt and with the entire mechanism of the machine. If you do not want to change almost every wash, then the repair of the pulley will be ideal for long life. Our masters have all the necessary skills to repair washing machines. We will replace pulleys, tell you about the proper operation of washing machines and the most frequent breakdowns. Our reputation and the positive feedback from our customers show that we don’t just guarantee fast work, but also excellent workmanship. How much does it cost to replace the pulley on washing machines? Depending on the degree of breakage and the amount of damage.
In a fairly rare case, the belt may tear and fly off due to a faulty motor, in which case you need to change the driving mechanism;
When removing the old belt, you should carefully inspect it for scuffs and cracks. This should be alarming;
The bolt when removing the pulley may not yield immediately. In this case, take a hammer and gently tap on it. In time it will yield, just try to avoid damaging the edges;
If it is necessary to speed up the heating of the nozzle at the blowtorch, it is enough to bring a gas torch;
Avoid damaging the contacts on the various parts of the machine or they may need to be replaced.
Before you remove or check the condition of the actuators, you need to:
- Turn off the power to the equipment, and then disconnect the water supply and drain lines.
- Dismantle the side covers and back wall, which will allow access to the belt drive. On some machines, the belt drive is covered with an oval-shaped shield, which is attached to the housing with Phillips-head screws.
- Lay the machine on the side of the housing.
- Remove the belt from the pulleys, loosen the motor mount to reduce tension, or remove the belt by hand (by holding the rubber element by hand while turning the impeller on the pulley).
How to get to the part
The process of disassembling washing machines of all brands should begin with the de-energizing of the machine, draining the water and disconnecting from the communications. It is important that all parts of the appliance are easily accessible, so move it to an empty, well-lit place.
On an Indesit washing machine, the unit is dismantled in the assembly with the electric motor. To get to it, you should carry out a partial disassembly of the machine.
For the work it is necessary to prepare tools:
- A set of wrenches or screwdrivers (you generally need two sizes: 10 or 12 and 17 or 19, depending on the model);
- bearing puller (universal with three “legs”);
Sequence of actions when extracting the motor from the washing machine by the example of Indesit appliance:
- Remove the top cover of the appliance by unscrewing the two self-tapping screws on the back wall.
- After removing the fasteners around the edges of the back wall, set it aside, at the same time inspecting the drum surface for scuffs or water leakage paths. Wipe off the graphite dust from the brushes.
- Remove the belt: pry it off with your hand or a screwdriver, slowly twisting the larger wheel.
- Unscrew the two screws that fix the electric motor and pull it out.
Clean off dirt and fix the removed motor on a workbench or table. Then tighten the puller on the part and heat it locally with a torch or hair dryer to a temperature of 100-150°C. This will break up the epoxy that is factory coated on the splines. The part of the shaft that enters the bearing, and the adjacent part of the motor must be insulated from the action of high temperature. The easiest way to do this is with a wet rag, making sure beforehand that no extra moisture gets inside, on the windings.
Do not use a puller (purchased or home-made) to remove the part from the shaft without damaging the entire unit.
To understand how to remove the pulley from the motor of an Indesit washing machine, help video.
Replacing bearings in AEG, Electrolux and Zanussi ovens is virtually identical. Slightly different bearing units (calipers), the diameter of the bolt securing the driven pulley, the presence or absence of a drum position sensor (posistop). Remove side panels for bearing replacement. To do this, unscrew the 4 screws on the back wall that fix the sides.
The side panels are removed by sliding them backwards. The bearings and oil seals are in the bearing assemblies (calipers) and are screwed into the sides of the tank.
In the drum in front of the flaps is a removable redden, after removing it you can access into the tank for inspection and extraction of foreign objects (sometimes buttons, clothespins, etc.).д.).
To disassemble the slide, unscrew the bolt securing the drum axle and turn the slide in the direction of the arrow “OPEN”. A spanner bought at an auto parts store for 150 euros is good for unscrewing the caliper.
The thread on the caliper is about 5-7 turns. The threads in the left and right calipers are the opposites. т.е. THE CALIPERS ARE MIRRORED.
There is a rusted bearing inside the caliper.
After dismantling the caliper it is necessary to remove the old packing and clean the trunnion of the drum.
Fit a new oil seal and lubricate.
Put grease in a new caliper (in the factory they sparingly put grease or don’t want to get their hands dirty).
Screw the new support rod in the tank in the direction of arrow “CLOSE” up to the stop.
On the right side the replacement is done in the same way as on the left side.
The left and right calipers differ from each other mirror.
If you don’t pay attention to squeezing noises in time, there will be further destruction of the bearing in the caliper. The drum sags at the bottom of the tank, the drum flaps may open, the drum will jam and the drive belt will break. Drum trunnion breakage is a possibility. Only the complete tank replacement will help here. Disassembled tanks were produced before about 2000.
HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCE REPAIR
Dismantle the top cover, the boot door, the drain filter cover, the drain filter.
Remove the knobs of automatics or the front panel assembly (when further disassembly is necessary to put the washing machine on the front side and there is a possibility of damage). Remove the turnbuckle for the door cuff and disconnect the cuff from the housing.
Next disassemble the housing. The body is disassembled in half (remove the back half), to do this, unscrew the self-tapping screws on the upper and lower calipers.
How To: Frigidaire/Electrolux Drive Pulley Kit 5304506264
Washing machine without rear half-casing.
Then we put the CMM face down and “untie” the tank from the housing. For this :
Unscrew the sheave and take out the chocks that fix shock absorbers to the tank.
Unscrew the pipe clamps and dismantle all pipes.
Dismantle the heating element, remove the thermostats.
Removing the tank suspension springs. The tank is “detached”. Next, remove the tank from the housing and place it with the loading hatch upwards.
Unscrew all self-tapping screws that fixing the tank halves, dismantle the tank and remove the drum.
It is very important to check the condition of the drum axle. In case of heavy wear of the drum axle or the bronze bushing which is in contact with the gland, further repair is pointless.
It is either lack of cost-effectiveness (expensive drum) or short life after repair.
After checking the condition of the shaft it is necessary to grind the dirt, and lubricate the working surfaces.
Next, the replacement of the bearing, oil seal (rubber-metal collar).
On many models there is no design.
Pull out the bearing with a screwdriver. Then we clean the dirt, lubricate the seats and press in the new parts.
The most important thing is to use original accessories. The difference from the automotive ones is the different depth of the bearing chamfers and the crimping force of the shaft by the oil seal. And further longevity in operation of washing machine depends on it.
Reassemble in reverse order. Press the bearing, install the stopper (if available). Press the stuffing box through the mandrel. It is absolutely necessary to lubricate the stuffing box!
Then replace the drum, join the tank halves and screw in self-tapping screws by force of 15 nm. No need for sealant between the halves.
Further assembly is not too difficult. Everything is done in reverse order. Insert the tank into the casing. Put on the suspension springs, put in place the shock absorbers, spigots, etc.д. When installing the pulley the bolt must be tightened without sliding compound to a torque of 50. 60 Nm (3. 4 in-lbs).
Before installing the motor, check the condition of the brushes. To do this, dismantle and check the length of brushes (not less than 10 mm).
It is MUST MEASURED to check resistance of the heating element on the body. MUST BE INFINITY (BREAKAGE). The resistance between the working contacts is 20-30 Ohmm.
Tips & Tricks To Remove Jammed Washing Machine Pulsator
Check the condition of the drive belt. In case of cracking and damage. changing.
Check drain pump for play and binding. Replace if necessary.
Check the filter of the filling valve. In this case, it is very dirty and should be cleaned.
Connection of electrical wiring does not cause any problems, t.к. There are keys on all the connectors to prevent incorrect connection.
How to replace the bearing in the Electrolux washing machine
Bad drum rotation and noisy washer operation are the signs of bearing wear. This is one of the most serious failures, which requires immediate intervention. Replacing the bearing in the washing machine ” Electrolux ” is almost no different from other models. But has its own characteristics. The steps of the work we have described in detail in the article.
Causes and signs of wear
Replacing the bearings requires a complete disassembly of the equipment. But how do you know if it is this element that is worn out?? Watch out for these signs:
- During operation you hear a loud noise, rattle, hum. Some users note sounds similar to the roar of an airplane at takeoff.
- The drum does not rotate properly.
- When dismantling the back wall on the tank, oily leaks are found. These are signs of bearing wear and tear.
Why does it break?? Natural wear and tear is very rare. The service life is influenced by the way in which it is used:
As a result, the packing, which serves as protection against moisture, may be damaged. Water penetrates the bearing through the damage, washes out the grease. Increase friction and cause wear. What is the danger of such a breakdown? If not replaced in time, it will lead to damage to the shaft and the need to replace the drum.
How to choose a bearing for the washing machine (CM) Electrolux?
Some SM models have two parts. In our case with washing machines “Electrolux” you will need a double-row element type BA2B. The marking will help you know exactly what type of model. It is best to remove the old item, rewrite the markings, and go to the store. At the same time you need to replace the oil seals.
To replace the bearing in your Electrolux washing machine with your own hands
Start by preparing the tools. You will need:
- a set of screwdrivers;
- A rubber mallet;
- a set of socket heads;
- 16 mm bolt;
- puller (if available);
- a silicone-based sealant;
- WD-40 liquid.
Now you need to disassemble the machine and get to the inside.
The body, like the washer tank, is demountable. But to the user who is doing the disassembly for the first time, the panels may not seem to come off. There are actually two parts to the cabinet. the front and the back.
Observe safety rules. unplug the appliance from the mains.
- Close the water inlet valve.
- Place a container and disconnect the suction hose from the casing.
- Remove the top cover by unscrewing the bolts at the back.
- Remove the screws around the perimeter of the panels.
- On the perimeter of the joint of the two seams there are latches. Undo them using a slotted screwdriver.
- Slide the back half out of place.
- Tuck the cuff inside the hatch.
- Take out the powder dispenser by pressing the latch in the center.
- Remove the fasteners and remove the control panel. If you don’t want to fiddle with the wiring, leave the panel hanging like this. If you decide to remove the wires, then take a picture of the correct connection.
- The pressostat (pressure sensor) is located on the side wall. Dismantle it by unscrewing the fasteners and unhooking the wiring. Don’t forget to disconnect the hose to the sensor.
- Loosen the collar. Remove it from the powder hopper.
- Remove the drive belt from the shaft.
- Unscrew the screws of the motor, disconnect wiring.
- Disconnect the contacts of the heating element, loosen the nut and remove the central screw. Having pulled out the heater, proceed with the sockets.
- Unclamp the drain and hose clamp, remove from the seat.
- Remove any counterweights that may be attached to the top, back and front.
- Remove dampers.
- Lastly remove the tank from the suspension springs and pull it out of the housing.
Lay the construction on a flat surface. Now you need to disassemble the tank itself to access the internal parts.
- A large wheel (pulley) is attached to the back. To remove it, unscrew the center bolt. It happens that in the process of operation the bolt is stuck, so it can not be removed. Spray it with WD-40 fluid, let it stand for half an hour.
- To prevent the pulley does not rotate, block it with a bar.
- Now, using an asterisk screwdriver, twist the bolt and remove the pulley.
- Remove the screws located around the perimeter of the tank.
Perfect! Most of the work is already done. Now comes the most important part. replacement.
How to replace the Electrolux washing machine bearing?
Inspect the inside of the tank. Remove the worn packing. Behind it is the bearing. Fill the seat with WD-40 to make disassembly easier.
Turn the half over. Place a pin on the edge of the part and tap lightly with a rubber mallet. It is important to act only on the edges of the element, otherwise you can knock out the inner part, after which the rim is very difficult to get. Tapping should be even.
As soon as the old bearing is out, grind down the seat.
The inner walls of the tank may be covered with a layer of scale and dirt. Be sure to clean its halves, and then proceed to mounting.
First mop up the dirt with sandpaper, wipe with a rag and lubricate the seating with LITOL-24. Take the part you purchased for replacement. Before replacing the bearing, coat it with grease.
It is important that the element is evenly seated in the socket. If it gets skewed during installation, you’ll have to knock it out again. With even tapping on the edge, return the bearing to its seat. Install a new packing.
You can visually assess the work process at