How to switch the washing machine to another mode?
Turn the mode knob to the zero position (neutral or stop) (in Fig. I). Press the “Stop” button (in some machines, when you press the button, you must hold for 5-7 seconds to activate the reset (in Fig. Н). Select a new mode and activate the washing with the “Start” button
- Disconnect the hose from the back of the machine and, if it is led into the sewer, pull it out of there;
- position the hose below the level of the tank along its entire length;
- Dip its end into the prepared container. the water should pour out by itself.
To use the washing machine automatic from the manufacturer Samsung quite simply. The whole range of this brand is configured for ease of use, which is why consumers like these products so much. The basic rules of their operation do not differ from washing machines from other manufacturers:
- plugging in the power supply;
- loading the laundry into the drum;
- check the rubber elements of the door for the presence of powder and foreign objects;
- closing the door until a click is heard;
- setting the washing mode;
- pouring the powder;
On the control panel of Samsung washing machines there is a toggle switch for switching washing programs. All are available in Russian, which is very convenient for use. When the required program is activated the corresponding information appears on the display and remains on until the end of the program.
Further we propose to review programs of washing machines Samsung and their description.
The program is designed for washing dense articles of daily use, namely bed sets and towels. The time interval of this program is 3 hours, and the high water temperature allows you to clean the laundry as effectively as possible.
To be used for clothes made of fraying material, such as nylon or polyester. In addition, these types of fabric can be easily stretched and the Synthetics programme is designed to gently wash such delicate items. Working time: 2 hours.
Large amount of water is used for the rinsing process. This allows you to thoroughly wash out the remaining detergent, which can be allergic to babies.
This program corresponds to hand wash. Low water temperature and gentle jiggling of the drum indicate the gentle interaction of the washing machine and woollens.
This programme is intended for everyday laundry and clothes.
This programme helps the washing machine remove deep stains and heavy soiling from clothes.
The program combats different types of stains on different types of material through a large amount of soapy foam.
In addition to the basic programs, the washing machine system has additional functionality.
If necessary this option can be set to “wool” mode.
To each washing mode adds 20 minutes to rinse the laundry.
The function allows you to treat the washing machine to prevent fungal infections or mold.
Suspend the wash
This feature is needed when it is necessary to leave the house. The laundry is loaded, the delay time is set, and when it expires the washing machine switches on automatically.
In simple terms, it is a childproofing function.
When the desired mode or function is activated, the washer produces a sound embedded in the system. In the same way, the device alerts the person when the work is finished.
Having learned in detail about Samsung washing machine programs, it is important to remember how to configure them correctly:
- Initially the device is connected to the network;
- then the toggle switch with indicator is turned to the required washing program;
- if necessary, additional rinse and spin is fixed;
- the power is switched on.
If suddenly the set mode was selected incorrectly, it is sufficient to disconnect the device from the “start” button, reset the program and set the desired mode. After that do the restart.
Some design features of the washing machines
Considering the technology of automatic washing machines, it should be noted that in most cases the drum of the device is located inside the storage tank, and a special pump is used to discharge liquid from the tank of the washing machine into the drainage system. It is located at the lowest point of the housing and is connected to the storage tank and discharge hose by means of flexible (rubber) piping and clamps. over, such a pump is protected by a special filter, due to which foreign objects (coins, buttons, etc.) are filtered out.п.) to prevent mechanical damage to the pump blades. The said pump operates at the expense of electric power consumption and turns on, according to the algorithm of each separate program.
If it is necessary to drain the washing machine, you should analyze the type of device and use the most appropriate option.
Discharging water through a pump filter
This is the most common method of liquid removal and is reduced to the following steps in sequence:
- The washing machine is disconnected from the mains and water supply lines.
- The household appliance is tilted backwards and firmly fixed in the specified position (you can simply hold it).
- Using a screwdriver, from the front of the washing machine (usually located at the bottom) remove the decorative plate. And when carrying out this procedure, you should act very carefully so as not to damage the plastic latches.
- Under the bottom of the machine is placed a container (with low sides) in which the liquid will be drained.
- Using pliers or by hand, unscrew the plug of the filter (in a counter-clockwise direction) and it is possible to drain the liquid.
- Gradually tilting the washing machine to its original position, all the liquid is drained.
- The filter plug and the decorative cover are installed in reverse order.
Однако, в некоторых ситуациях, для того чтобы выкрутить заглушку фильтра, следует предварительно удалить фиксирующий шуруп, а уже после производить все работы по вышеописанному алгоритму.
In addition, when performing work on the dismantling of the plug, you should be very careful so as not to damage (deform) the fragile plastic basis of the element.
Water is discharged via special spigots
Suitable only for such devices, in which such spigots are provided. And the method itself of removing the liquid does not cause any difficulties and is reduced to the fact that the existing hose is reconnected to the discharge point and the water flows out of the washing machine by gravity.
Drain water by creating a siphon
Suitable for washing machines not equipped with a non-return valve. And consists in the fact that a small amount of water is fed directly into the drain hose (within 2-5 seconds). Then the end of the hose is sharply lowered into a pre-prepared container, located below the level of the washing machine tank. The water can thus drain completely from the tank.
Emergency drainage of the liquid
If none of the above methods are unsuccessful, the washing machine can be drained directly through the drainage tube that comes out of the tank. For which it is necessary to get access to the place of work (the machine should be tilted backwards). And after that remove the crimping collar and pull the pipe from the tank nozzle. In this case, the water rushes out at high pressure, so you need to be armed (provide containers, lay out a cloth, etc.).п.).
Well and after you have managed to drain the water from the washing machine, you should fix the problem (perhaps simply
You have loaded the dirty items into the washing machine as usual, selected the program and gave a start to washing. But after a while you find that the washing machine has stopped with water, without completing the program. What to do? The answer is unambiguous. before you understand what the problem is, you need to drain the water and remove the wet things. Otherwise they “fade”, and to the arising problem will be added the need to get rid of unpleasant odor in the washing machine.
Causes of incomplete draining of water from the washing machine
For safety shut off the water supply and unplug the machine. You may have to lift the appliance or move it out of the way. Agree that you do not want to flood the floor with water or get an electric shock while working.
Locate where the washing machine has a filter and open the door lid, or remove the bezel from the bottom of the housing.The hatch is usually fixed with a latch, and the lid is held tight. Use a flat wide screwdriver or a table knife with a rounded edge to pry off the cover. On some models the lid can be easily opened by hand.
The trim panel is held by latches or hooks and can be removed in two ways:
Prepare a rag and drain the remaining water from the washing machine.
Even if you used an emergency hose, a little liquid will still remain in the washing machine. To drain it completely, gently turn the drain filter cap 45-60 degrees counter-clockwise and let the remaining water drain off into a container or onto a cloth. If the cap is additionally secured with a special screw, such as in Candy Holiday 181 machines, first loosen or unscrew it with a screwdriver.
Completely unscrew and pull out the filter.
In some brands, such as AEG, LG, Electrolux, Zanussi, first unscrew the plug, acting as a plug for water, and then pull the filter.
Clean and rinse out the filter. First pull out the coarse debris. hair, threads, foreign objects. Then take an ordinary dish sponge with an abrasive layer and clean the surface from scale. After that, rinse the filter well under a stream of warm water.
Be sure to check the hole in the machine and clean it from any remaining debris. At the same time wipe off dirt and sludge with a damp cloth or sponge.
Check the drain pump. Don’t forget to look in the pump, there might be some dirt there too. Shine a flashlight into the hole and remove any debris that has slipped into the pump. Check if there is nothing on the fan wheel, it should rotate freely.
Replace the filter. Insert it straight into the opening without twists and firmly but carefully. Screw the filter plug clockwise. Screw in the fixing bolt if there was one (e.g. Candy Holiday 181). In some models of AEG, LG, Electrolux, Zanussi, you must first insert the filter into the socket, and then screw the lid-lock.
8.We turn on the machine in the network and check for leaks. To avoid flooding the floor during washing, check the technique for water leakage from the filter. We put a test rinse and see if there are any drips or trickles from under the filter cover. If everything is dry, close the hatch or put back the bezel and the washing machine itself.
For information on how to properly clean the drain filter on your model of washer-dryer, see the owner’s manual. If you forget where it lies, use our. For information on cleaning, see the “Cleaning and maintaining your washing machine” section of the manual.
How to flush a washing machine drain according to all the rules?
First, turn off the cold water tap and disconnect the appliance from the power supply. Next, free the drain filter from any residual water and disconnect the hose from the drain. The main difficulty lies in disconnecting the drain device from the body of the machine. Here everything depends on the model of the machine.
Next, use a thin wire with a wire brush on the end to clean the inside of the hose by twisting the wire on one side and on the other. After freeing the hose from coarse dirt particles, rinse it several times under hot water tap. Later, it will only be necessary to put the device in place, fix it firmly and connect to the sewer.
The easiest way to find where the pump is in the washing machine, in machines brands Indesit, Beko, LG, Samsung, Whirlpool, Ardo, Ariston and Candy.
In Bosh, AEG and Siemens machines you need to disassemble the front of the machine. Necessary steps:
- Take out the powder tray, unscrew the self-tapping screw.
- Open the door on the underside of the machine, unscrew the self-tapping screw and remove the panel.
- Remove the self-tapping screws, remove the clamp, and detach the collar.
- Unfasten the clips and remove the enclosure front.
- Unscrew screw, put a basin and drain water, remove socket, disconnect wires.
We suggest to read self-diagnosis of the washing machine malfunction
- Unscrew the clamps and disconnect the drain hose.
- Remove the self-tapping screws and remove the back of the machine.
- Disconnect the wire terminals and unscrew the drain pump.
- Disconnect pipes. Everything is ready to be cleaned.
To begin with, you should understand how the system of drainage is arranged. From the drum, the liquid enters a special spigot (a tube of thick rubber), it connects to a filter that retains most of the debris, then the water enters the pump, which drives it through the drain hose into the sewer. Anything can get clogged, but most often you have to clean the filter, so check it before you remove the pump.
How To: Samsung Drain Hose DC97-16979A
First you need to disassemble the pump, to do this, unscrew the screws, you get two parts. the “volute” and the pump. First it is worth to inspect and if necessary clean the impeller of the pump, then check the “volute”. Assemble everything and check the machine in “rinse and drain” mode.
How to drain the washing machine
When using a washing machine, sometimes there are cases when the washing process for various reasons must be interrupted, and the water remains in the drum. Consider what to do in this case, how to release the drum of water.
For example, let’s look at some models.
In LG washing machines to drain water, the drainage process begins with the “Power” button. To set a program after that, select the spin function. Select “No spin” from the spin options. The final step is the “Start” button. The LG washing machine will drain the water according to the task.
How to turn on only the drain in the LG washing machine?
DO NOT touch the SELECTOR (Buttons) of the main programs, press the CLEAN button and select the desired mode, in this case, only the spin with the drain will turn on. To activate only the RINING mode, select “No spin” in the spin options.
Draining Samsung front load washer
How to drain an Ariston washing machine?
detach the hose from the back of the washer, removing the plastic clips provided; lower the hose below the level of the tank of the washing machine Ariston, putting the free end into a basin, bath or toilet bowl; wait until the water flows out of the washer by gravity.
If you need to drain the Indesit machine to refill it, you must use a programme called “Drain only” or “Drain without spinning”. To do this, turn the selector knob to the “Drain” position on most Indesit models. It is also possible to set the knob in the “Wring” position.
How to restart an Indesit washing machine?
- set the programmer knob in the neutral position;
- Press the “Stop/Start” button for 5 seconds;
- unplug the power cord and wait for 15-20 minutes;
- Switch the machine back on, start the washing program you want.
Drainage of water in Samsung machines is performed similarly. The selected “Drain” or “Spin” program allows the drum to be emptied, after which it will be possible to open the door of the machine. Following the instructions, it is also possible to perform emergency water drainage from a Samsung machine, using the emergency water drainage option. After opening the emergency drain filter, you can remove the water with a special tube, which is available in the machine.
How to turn on the drain in the washing machine Samsung?
Some Samsung models do not have a separate “Drain” button. In the form of step-by-step instructions it looks like this:
- Find the “Start/Stop” button on the dashboard;
- After waiting for the machine to stop, press the “Drain” button;
- Wait for 1-2 minutes, necessary for emptying the drum;
- At the end of the program we open the hatch and take out the laundry.
How to drain an AEG washing machine?
Some models of washer-dryers are equipped with a special tube for emergency drainage. It is located next to the drain pump filter under a decorative hatch or panel on the front of the machine. To drain the water, pull out the tube, remove the cap from it and drain the water into a prepared container.
How to drain the water in a washing machine Ariston?
Detach the hose from the back of the washing machine, removing the plastic clips provided; lower the sleeve below the level of the tank of the washing machine Ariston, putting the free end into a basin, bath or toilet bowl; wait until the water will drain by gravity from the washing machine.
- through the drain hose, without activating the pump;
- by unscrewing the waste filter plug;
- by opening the hatch of the washing machine;
- by disconnecting the drainage pipe.
Why won’t the water in the washing machine drain out??
pump breakage; internal electrical wiring defects; breakage of the water level sensor (pressostat); damage of the control module (in electronic machines) or programmer (in mechanical ones).
- Press and hold for 5 seconds the button that starts the program.
- After the machine has stopped, select the desired mode.
- Add the laundry detergent again.
- Start the program.
How to reset the washing machine to factory settings?
Buttons that are responsible for turning the lock on or off, on the panel is usually marked with a lock or baby face icon. This icon is next to or between the desired buttons. To activate or deactivate the lock, press and hold these buttons at the same time 3. 5 seconds until the beep.
How to clean the drain hose of a Samsung washing machine?
The easiest and fastest way to remove water from the washing machineProcedure:
- Disconnect the hose from the back of the machine and, if it is led into the sewer, pull it out of there;
- Position the hose below the level of the tank along its entire length;
- Dip the end of the hose into the prepared container. the water should pour out by itself.
How to open the washing machine door?
Unplug the washer-dryer and leave it for 10-30 minutes. After. gently press the door near the lock and try to open the hatch again. Pay attention! This method will help if the problem is caused by a faulty washer dryer control.
Turn on the washing machine with the “Start” button. Wait for the lights to turn on and the buzzer to signal that the washing machine is ready to work. Next, press the “Spin” button on the control panel of the washing machine. Press the button several times to select the desired mode of rotation speed of the drum.
Causes of the problem
Samsung washing machine is the choice of many customers. This high-quality appliance boasts excellent performance and the highest quality of assembly.
But there are cases when certain parts of these reliable units fail, due to which a variety of problems appear. Such can include the case when the machine stops draining water.
Before you panic and rush to disassemble the machine in search of a solution to the problem, you need to understand what could cause it.
- Clogging of the filter system. Various small objects can get into the filter components of the machine during washing. It can be trifles that the householder forgot to take out of the s of their clothes. Because of the above clogs, the technique can not drain the water. In this case, there is nothing to do but clean the filter.
- Clogging of the drain hose. A common phenomenon that entails the inability to drain water from the tank of a Samsung washing machine. Here, as in the previous situation, the only way out will be to clean the clogged parts.
- Pump not working properly. This important element of the washing machine consists of such parts as a nozzle, an impeller made of plastic, as well as an electric motor. The pump can stop working due to the fact that the shaft is twisted or threads or long hair. For these reasons, the drain to the sewer may be partially blocked.
- Faulty control module. Burnt out parts of the microcircuits or a malfunction in the firmware of the module can lead to its inoperability. Because of this, the appliances can stop pumping water out of the tank. In this situation, the only salvation will be the repair or replacement of the programmer.
- Improper installation of the hose. The capacity of the pump inevitably decreases with prolonged use. As a rule, even reduced figures are enough to be able to pump liquid from the tank of the device with a hose. The length of the latter should not be less than 1.5 m. If you use too long a hose, the drain pump simply will not be able to pump the liquid all the way.
This happens when outdated equipment is installed in a new place and at the same time increase the length of the hose.
- Faulty electrical wiring. Samsung washing machine can stop pumping water and for this serious reason. If you initially install the appliance without observing all the rules, too much vibration may be generated during operation. Because of this, malfunctions relating to electrical wiring may occur. In the end, it will end with the failure of the pumping function.
It is possible to find the fault by various methods. Experts recommend not wasting time and resorting to the most optimal. the elimination of consumer errors, because in most cases they are the main cause of malfunctioning of the washing machine Samsung.
Among the most common errors we can distinguish the following.
- The technique “hangs” during work, because the drum is overloaded. The machine simply cannot cope with the load.
- The spinning does not occur, because it is disabled on the dashboard.
- A short-term failure in the work of electronics can affect the function of the water drain.
If the matter is not in the listed errors, it is necessary to look for the cause in the internal elements.
When the cause is the pump, the defective machine hums at certain moments.
- Examine the pressostat if it’s not the pump. To do this, remove it and check it with a multimeter. This is the only way to determine if the element in question is working properly.
- If the pressostat is also faulty, examine the wiring of the appliance. The drain often doesn’t work if the wiring is shorted or broken at the control module.
Before proceeding directly to the works, you need to study the rules of “probing” wiring. this is necessary for safety.
Removing water from the washing machine
Through the drain hose
All automatic machines, without exception, are equipped with a hose for draining liquid into the drain. Finding that the water does not drain, you need to inspect the drain hose and make sure that it has no kinks or clogs.
If the hose is connected to the sewer system, it is necessary to make their disconnection, and then remove it from the retaining latches on the back cover. After that, the end of the hose should be placed in a previously prepared container (basin, bucket) and make sure that the end of the hose is below the level of water in the tank of the machine. This is the way to drain all the water from the tank, except for units whose hoses have a loop to prevent water from draining.
Through the drain filter
At the bottom of each unit there is a drain filter. Its main purpose is to prevent foreign objects from entering the drain pump. During periodic maintenance of the washing unit, the drain filter is unscrewed, then buttons, rivets and other small items accidentally left in the s of clothes are removed from it.
In addition, to drain the remaining water through the filter is necessary when leaving the washing machine for the winter in unheated dacha.
The filter is the lowest point in the system, so by draining through it, you can almost completely free the washing machine of residual liquid. To remove the filter, turn it counterclockwise a few turns and pull it toward you. Beforehand, put a container with low sides under the filter opening or put a piece of rag to collect the liquid. If there is any laundry left in the machine, you must be sure to remove it and wait for all the liquid to drain out.
Through the emergency hose
Most manufacturers equip their units with a special additional hose to drain water in an emergency situation. For water drainage it is necessary to take out the emergency hose (as a rule it is located under the protective cover), place the end of the hose in a previously prepared container and open the valve or tap on its end (some models are equipped with plastic plugs on the end of the hose). The process is complete when the water stops flowing from the hose.
Directly by opening the hatch
When there is a need to quickly drain the water, the task is solved by simply opening the hatch. For machines with vertical feed, you can use any container (scoop, mug) to scoop the water out of the tank. The most important thing is for it to go through the inlet opening of the drum without hindrance. When draining through the boot lid, you must first tilt the washing unit backwards, put a special container underneath and only then open the lid. It happens that even after disconnecting the washing machine from the power supply, the hatch does not open. In such a situation, do not make excessive efforts to open it. Better to use other techniques.
Through the drain nozzle
Drainage nozzle is located inside the washing machine and connects the drain pump and the machine tank. In fact, the drain pipe is a corrugated hose. Over time, it can get clogged and prevent the flow of water into the pump. In this case, you can not do without repair. In order to get to the drain pipe, depending on the type of unit, you must remove the front or side and back cover.
To the tank and the pump, the socket is attached by clamps. They must be loosened and pulled aside. Before removing, put a container underneath. Then pull the tube in the direction opposite to the tank and pump casing. Do not use excessive force when removing it
If the hose does not come off, you can pry it gently with a screwdriver. After removal, it is best to wash the corrugator well, removing clogs and various deposits
The washing machine will work reliably, washing your clothes qualitatively with repeated water changes, if you follow the simple rules and follow the advice of an expert.
In order for your washing machine to perform the function of water swirling, do not forget to perform these steps:
- Preparing items for washing;
- Pre-inspecting items of clothing and emptying s of their contents. this will prevent the filter from clogging.
Cleaning the filter
Systematically cleaning the filter and freeing it from small parts will allow the machine to drain water without fail.