Starting up the water heater after preservation for the winter
In the work of the boiler is often provided for breaks, for example, the equipment, which is installed in the country house, in the winter period is not operated. During this time, you can not leave liters of water in the tank. It is recommended to remove it completely and from the entire water system, so that in frosty weather pipes, tank does not freeze and burst. After a temporary suspension, the device will have to start, and it is necessary to understand how to correctly turn on the water heater.
Before start-up, open the water on the common pipe. If you hear incomprehensible sounds that indicate that there may be pieces of ice, foreign objects, the device can not be turned on.
If there is nothing, first shut off the pipe with the hot water supply so that the heated water does not go into the common. The tank is filled with cold water from the riser. On the water heater open the hot water outlet tap. It descends until the jet is even, without air bubbles.
Depending on the model, turn on the appliance with the “On” or “Power” button. Connect to the electric supply, set the temperature, perform a test heating.
The water heater, which is provided with self-diagnostic and protection systems, will inform about the problems by illuminated indication lights on the control panel or by a sound signal. In other models it is necessary to do it yourself every 10-15 minutes. until the water warms up, walk over and see if the readings change to make sure the machine is working.
How to turn on the water heater
Frequent interruptions in the work of public utilities force users to think about the need to provide their own homes with autonomous utilities. Regular disconnection of hot water supply is compensated for by installation of a modern economical water heater. Competence in connecting and starting the equipment, will help to avoid breakdowns of installed equipment. And the right choice of mode will provide many years of operation of the unit and limit the user from unpleasant factors of hot water consumption.
Installation and connection instructions for the water heater
The water heater installation consists of 3 main steps:
Installation of the water heater must be carried out by qualified personnel with the appropriate skills. Incorrect installation of the device can lead not only to the improper operation of the unit, but also to damage to property or human health. You can buy a water heater Thermex and order the installation service in Moscow. Tyumen at.
Connection diagram of the water heater.
How to Reignite a Hot Water Heater : Hot Water Heaters
Placement and installation of the device
The place of the heater installation must comply with safety standards. Need access to drains, away from electrical appliances (and other equipment for which contact with water is undesirable), the possibility of emergency drainage and autonomous connection to the switchboard. The installation process takes place in several stages:
- Measuring, marking of anchor points.
- Drilling holes, screwing anchors.
- Fixing the boiler to the wall.
- Faucet connection to the water circuits.
- Installing filters and a pressure reducer on the cold circuit.
- Installation of safety valve, tee, drain hose and other auxiliary and protective elements.
Sealing joints between the elements when installing the water heater using tape. It protects against the effects of hot water.
Connection to the mains
The last stage of the boiler installation is its connection to the mains. The procedure consists of the following steps:
- Installing wires in cut-outs or overhead boxes.
- Wiring the RCD.
- Installing the cable from the electric board to the fuse.
- Connecting the boiler to the fuse with a separate cable.
- Connecting the wires “phase”, “neutral” and “ground” to the bottom of the water heater.
Connection of the wiring to the boiler should only be made by professionals.
Devices are not equipped with cords and a standard plug and socket system. Instead, they are connected to the network using a 3-wire cable d 2,5-3 mm with the obligatory installation of a 16-amp fuse.
Sequence of Actions
It is worth mentioning at once that the starting sequence listed below is true for both flow and accumulation heaters. A couple of nuances. in the case of the first type you do not have to wait for the tank to fill with water, and close the tap at the 2nd point.
- You should start by turning off the hot water supply, which comes from the city supply system. If this step is omitted, the water heated by the boiler will flow into the common riser pipe in spite of the check valve.
- Open the tap with hot water. Wait for the remaining liquid to drain from the pipes. Close the tap.
- There are two pipes connected to the bottom of the boiler. One, marked with a blue ring. underwater, the other, with a red marker, serves to supply hot water pipes.
- Open the valve on the underwater pipe. Water begins to flow into the storage tank of the appliance.
- Next, unscrew the second valve on the boiler. Allowing the water to flow into the pipes.
- On the faucet, open the hot water. Wait until the air flows out of the system and the water flows in a steady stream. Shut off the water.
- Connect the heater to the power grid and set the desired temperature mode.
In a house where there is no hot water, you must skip the first step. Subsequent turning on the heater will happen according to the same scheme. The only difference in the 6th point. Then from a tank of the heater will start to go not air, and stagnant water.
Selecting the heating mode
We set the heating mode. The main thing in this matter to set the temperature of the water comfortable for the user. However, here are a few tips, the implementation of which will significantly extend the life of the device. Thereby saving on future repairs.
- Set the temperature to 30-40 degrees as infrequently as possible. In these conditions, inside the storage tank, will quickly develop bacteria. This will lead to an unpleasant odor of mold. The walls will be covered with fungus, which is difficult to remove.
- The optimal mode of operation, 55-60 degrees. There is less limescale buildup on the heating element in this temperature range. Reduce the risk of mold. It is comfortable for human skin.
- Once a week it is necessary to set the temperature to 90 degrees on the boiler. You have to wait a couple of hours and then go back to the normal operating mode. This is done to completely eliminate bacteria in the storage tank.
- Some devices have an economical mode of operation. The heater in this case does not consume less electricity. The settings are set as in point 2 and it is a question of reducing the risk of breakage.
- In the case of a flow-through heater, the temperature adjustment is also performed by the water pressure.
Alternative use of
Boiler can serve as an electric boiler in the heating system. For such purposes, special models with an increased diameter of pipes (50 mm) and the upper location of the one through which the system receives the water heated. This design provides natural circulation of the coolant, i.e. by convection alone.
You can also use an ordinary 1/2 in. boiler as an electric boiler, but only if you have a circulation pump.
How to turn off your boiler and tips for turning it off
In winter the temperature in the country house can drop below 5 degrees, which is unacceptable for the operation of the boiler. the unit is preserved When the temperature in the house drops below 5 ° C. Do not leave the heater without water for a long time, because the heater is designed for natural circulation. к. Oxygen causes corrosion. With regular use of the unit also requires periodic cleaning of rust.
Scale works as a thermal insulator and neglecting to clean leads to the heater heating itself and a layer of rust. This increases electricity consumption by about a quarter. Manufacturers recommend to drain the water once a month, then turn it on again.
Water supply is interrupted
Sometimes the water company warns about problems with the supply in a particular branch of the pipeline. If this will last a long time, it is better to drain the flow through the safety choke, which is needed to drain when the internal head in the tank rises.
Stop the flow to the house. Twist the hose from the hot outlet to organize the flow of air. Open handle on valve, flow will come out of spout. Drain into the toilet or bathtub, if you put a hose on the spout. So the drain lasts a long time, more than two hours, the time depends on the clogging of the spout.
No hot water
To disassemble the boiler and drain the water is necessary if the device has stopped working Sometimes on a piece of pipe to the safety valve a tee with a valve is cut in.
- turn off from the network, shut off the supply, open the tee tap;
- Open the hot line faucet on the faucet, the flow will go through it;
- the valve on the tee is not closed to allow air to flow;
- Cut-off valve is closed after completing draining.
The procedure takes several hours. Accelerated by removing the hose from the cold pipe.
Fast method of drainage. by means of two branch pipes. Cold and hot lines are disconnected one after the other. The liquid flows out of the two nozzles at the same time, the tank is released quickly. There is no flow control in this drain, so the method is used if the boiler hangs over the bathtub.
Breakdown may appear after 2. 3 years of operation without cleaning The first time (about two years) the design does not require maintenance, then there are signs of poor-quality work of the unit. Water has a rusty tint, sand, scale particles are present. If the tap water is of poor quality, you need cleaning much sooner.
Landmarks indicating the need for prevention:
- The heating element begins to make noise when turned on;
- Appliance turns on and off more often than usual, fuse blows;
- Increases the heating time;
- When in use, it shocks, the housing leaks.
The lid is removed after unscrewing the screws near the fittings, you can see the power supply circuit. There is a thermostatic regulator, which is removed by a sharp downward movement.
Boiler and its advantages
Every year in the summer, city residents are left without hot water for several weeks. The reason. seasonal repair work. Certainly, it causes everyone a lot of inconvenience. In this regard, the boiler has become quite a popular appliance in the home and household.
The boiler is a water heating tank
It has many advantages. Here are just a few of them:
- Providing hot water throughout the year.
- Absolute autonomy, that is, complete independence from the district heating.
- Uncomplicated installation, lack of any special requirements in building codes and regulations (SNIP) for its installation.
- Connecting to a regular 220V.
Boilers can only be used as a water heater and only in closed rooms, protected from frost.
How to turn on the storage water heater in the apartment
During disconnection of hot water there is a need to find an alternative, and here comes to the aid of modern technology. In order not to stay without the benefits of civilization, which we are used to, we will have to buy and install a storage water heater.
Quite often I have to do the inclusion in the summer, but not because it is some kind of complicated procedure, but because it is not often done, and so people forget the sequence of actions, and so I decided to write an article on this topic.
Switching on the storage boiler does not require any professional knowledge, but it is necessary to observe a certain sequence, as the structure of these devices, regardless of the model (Ariston, burning, Termex, Electrolux), all have the same, the order of inclusion in all the same.
I should say at once that I tell how to include the water heater at a correct standard connection scheme.
How to determine where the cold water inlet and hot water outlet:
By standard, if you are looking at a boiler, the cold water inlet. on the right, and the outlet of the hot. On the left, and the cold is marked in blue, and the hot. in red.
- First shut off the hot water supply tap to the apartment, even if there is a check valve, as they tend to break, then open the same water on the faucet. Open it to bleed if the water heater is empty.
- You open the hot faucet of the boiler outlet.
- You open the cold faucet to the appliance and wait for the air to come out of the faucet you opened and the liquid to flow.
- When the water is flowing, you close and plug the boiler into the socket, and after a couple of hours you can use it.
That’s the whole process, for clarity watch this video and I don’t think you’ll have any problems. You can disconnect the device in reverse order, and whether it is necessary to drain the water, it is up to you.
Connection diagram of the storage water heater
I often get asked about the proper installation and connection of the storage water heater, and whether there are any standards. In this article I will describe this topic in more detail.
According to my observations the connection diagram of the storage water heater. is standard, the only difference is the installation of a faucet for a quick release of water from it. I will describe two schemes, and which one to choose for you to decide.
Connection diagram of the water heater without a faucet
This is the most common connection scheme, under the water heater on the right side of the cold water is brought to the left side of the hot water, screwed on the supply of cold water dump (undermining) valve, and is connected to the cut-off cocks with hoses (metal-plastic pipes, PP pipes).
In this video, look at the details of this connection scheme.
This is the correct standard connection, but in some cases it is difficult to drain the water from the boiler. If the valve will be without a “flag”, or will fail, then to discharge it will have to unscrew it, in detail, how to drain the water from the water heater.
Often argue with me about the installation of two shut-off valves, once again, to put two shut-off valves is mandatory, if there is a centralized supply of hot water. If the house, apartment is connected only cold, then the cut-off valve at the outlet of the storage water heater is not needed (on the hot water). I will explain why. when you open the hot water of the central supply, it will go into the water heater, and it will be under constant pressure, there may be a constant leakage from the valve, if the valve fails and will not hold water, there will be a mix of hot water with cold water, also the valve may start to hum, etc.д.
Diagram of connection of the water heater with a tap for a dumping water
Such a connection scheme will simplify water drainage at times, if through a check valve 80-liter water heater will drain 2-3 hours, then with a crane this procedure will take no more than 5-7 minutes.
Screw a tee on the thread on the inlet x.In, on the side we mount a tap for drainage, and to the T-piece screwed valve, and as in the first case, connect to the cut-off valves of water supply.
In this video I connected with a tap to drain.
And this connection can only be done at the cottage, in the garage, etc.д., Better yet, don’t connect it at all according to this scheme.