And if they don’t take it, let’s turn off the gas! (с)
The phrase said by the superintendent in the famous 1968 movie comedy always sounded funny and unrealistic, like ECHO all-powerfulness of management of any rank over powerless tenants. But the example of the residents of building 7 on the Verkhnevolzhskaya embankment, as well as many others, it turns out we are still disenfranchised! “Reporter-NN” has already written about the spring attack of gas workers on the risers of those who did not sign a contract for the maintenance of gas equipment. And, by tradition, no one warns anyone. Workers in uniforms enter entrances by themselves, hang locks and block pipes, without even alerting the owners who are in the apartments. Even the notification on duty of the necessity to conclude a contract, carelessly thrown in the mailboxes, was not received by all, but 14 apartments of 30 were left without gas in the building on the embankment.
Safe use of gas appliances at home
The multi-storey house fell apart like a toy house. People were buried alive, someone suffocated, someone was burnt in the explosion. It was the gas that was used in the apartments that caused the deaths of people. precisely, the careless handling of gas by the people has caused such tragic consequences.
Big and small troubles and misfortunes that happen to those who use gas stoves can be prevented by knowing and following elementary safety rules.
Gas has many advantages. It is a cheap fuel, burns without residue, has a high combustion temperature, high calorific value. At the same time, the gas has a disadvantage. Gas mixed with air forms explosive mixture. Explosibility limits 1.5-9.5% by volume of air. At partial combustion of gas carbon monoxide is emitted (colorless and odorless gas) from which asphyxiation is possible including death. The room in which you install gas appliances, should be non-residential, height of at least 2.2 m, has a window. Volume must be at least 15 cubic meters.м. for 4-burner stove, 12 cu.m for a 3-burner stove, 8 cu.м. for 2-burner.
Unplastered walls at the places where the boards are installed must be insulated with asbestos cloth or roofing iron. The insulation must be 80 cm up from the base of the stove and 10 cm protrude on both sides. The canister must be in the same room as the stove at a distance of 1.5 m from the stove, 1 m from the heating radiator, 2 m from the stove top. The distance from the stove can be reduced if a safety screen is provided. It is not allowed to install gas appliances in basements, semi-basements without natural light.
Before lighting the stove, the room must be aired out and the window must be left open at all times. To open the tap on the chimney (in front of the stove) turn the knob to the vertical position. Lighted match is brought to the burner and only then the tap on the stove is opened to the burner you want to light. The flame must ignite in all the holes of the burner, have a bluish-purple color without smoky tongues. If the flame smokes, it means that the gas is not burning completely, you need to adjust the air supply. A locksmith can be called by phone to help.
If the flame bursts from the burner, it means that there is too much air supply. It is forbidden to use such a burner. You should also call a locksmith.
After finishing using the stove or the oven, close the stopcock on the stove or the oven and the valve on the chimney.
Regulatory documents stipulate the following obligations of citizens using gas at home:
- to be instructed on the safe use of gas in the operating organization of the gas economy, to have instructions for the operation of devices and follow them;
- Make sure the gas appliances, chimneys and ventilation systems are working properly, check the draft before and during the use of the gas appliances with the flue of combustion products of gas to the chimney. Before using a gas-fired oven check that the slide valve is fully open. Periodically clean the “” of the chimney;
- After finishing using gas, close the cocks on the gas appliances and in front of them, and if cylinders are placed inside the kitchens. additionally close the valves at the cylinders;
- in case of failure of the gas equipment call the employees of the gas supply company;
- In case of a sudden cutoff of gas supply immediately close the burner valves of gas appliances and notify the emergency gas service by phone 04 or EDDS-112;
- If you smell gas in the room immediately stop using gas appliances, turn off valves for appliances and appliances, open windows or windowsills to ventilate the room, call the emergency service gas facilities by telephone 04 (from ungasified rooms) or report gas leaks by telephone 112. Do not light a fire, do not smoke, do not turn on or off electric lights and appliances, and do not use electric bells;
- Before entering basements and cellars, make sure there is no smell of gas before turning on the light or lighting a fire;
- If you detect the smell of gas in the basement, entryway, yard, on the street is necessary:
- Inform others of the precautionary measures to be taken;
- Notify the emergency gas service by calling 04 or EDDS-112 from an ungassed location;
- Take measures to remove people from the gassy environment, prevent the switching on and off of electric lights, open flames and sparks;
- Before the arrival of the emergency team to ventilate the room.
Rules for use of gas in the home prohibit:
- Unauthorized installation of gas in the house (apartments, garden cottages), relocation, replacement and repair of gas appliances, cylinders and valves;
- to carry out the redevelopment of the premises where gas appliances are installed without the approval of the relevant organizations;
- To make changes in the design of gas appliances. Make changes to the chimney and ventilation systems. Tape up ventilation ducts, brick up or seal s and hatches designed for cleaning chimneys
- Disconnect safety and regulation automatics, use gas if there is a malfunction in the gas appliances, automatics, fittings and gas cylinders, especially if a gas leak is detected;
- to use gas if the tightness of masonry, plaster (cracks) of gas-fired furnaces and chimneys is damaged. Unauthorized installation of additional chimney flues and flue pipes from water heaters;
- To use gas without regular checks and cleaning of flue and ventilation ducts within the period defined by safety rules in the gas economy;
- use gas appliances with closed shutters (transoms), shutters, louvers, bars of ventilation channels, the lack of draft in chimneys and ventilation channels, the cracks under the doors of bathrooms
- Leave running gas appliances unattended (except appliances designed for continuous operation and having the appropriate automation for this)
- allow children of preschool age, persons who do not control their actions and do not know the rules for using these appliances to use gas appliances;
- Use gas and gas appliances for purposes other than those for which they are intended. Use gas stoves for space heating;
- Use rooms where gas appliances are installed, to sleep and rest;
- to use open fire to detect gas leaks (for this purpose, soap emulsion or special appliances are used);
- keep empty and filled with liquefied gas cylinders in rooms and cellars. Unauthorized without special instructions to replace empty gas cylinders with filled gas and connect them;
- have more than one cylinder with a capacity of 5 liters in a gasified room.;
- place cylinders against furnace doors at a distance of less than 2 meters.
Please remember, gas explosions in rooms can cause buildings to collapse or parts of buildings, fires, injuries and fatalities!
When using gas cylinders is prohibited:
- increase the height of the valve stem by soldering or placing paper balls or other objects on it;
- to install the pressure regulator on the cylinder valve with rubber rings, having cracks, undercuts, convexities and other malfunctions;
- seal the ring with insulating tape and other materials;
- to tip up the bottom of the cylinder, connected to the gas stove;
- leave the running installation without supervision;
- to use gas cylinders with one-liter cylinders in closed rooms and five-liter cylinders for permanent gas supply in apartment buildings;
- install cylinders closer than 1 meter from heating furnaces and appliances;
- Heat cylinders;
- store filled cylinders in basements.
When installing a pressure regulator on a five-liter cylinder, you must ensure that there is no gas leakage. In case of gas leakage, you must remove the regulator from the cylinder, take it outdoors, ventilate the room and call the emergency service.
Before putting the regulator on the valve, it is necessary to check the condition of the O-ring. A serviceable ring should be free of cracks, undercuts, and bumps and should fit snugly into the valve grooves.
Pay attention to the condition of the surface of the valve end. It should be flat, without dents, and the valve stem. be in the center of the corolla and be free of damage.
It is strictly forbidden to unscrew the upper part of the valve, to mill or file its conical surface. The height of the conical part on the valve body should not be less than 8 mm.
It is possible to exchange portable cylinders only at exchange points and to receive only serviceable and complete cylinders.
Additionally for gas cylinders, remember that:
- A tin can is much weaker than a metal can of 6 mm thickness. This is especially felt when the cylinder, axe and saw all jump together in the trunk of the car. For comparison, the factory cylinders for propane-butane have a wall thickness of 2 to 3 mm;
- In small cylinders, a pressure valve, and on a larger cylinder, a valve and a plug cap. Small sprays are constantly bled through the clamp valve. As an example, a can weighs 312 grams when purchased and 12% lighter after a year, even though they are standing still and no one is moving them;
- Small cylinders have different gas yields, which vary by almost a factor of two. Depends on the calibration of the cylinder’s internal nozzle. Statistically every 4 cans has this kind of problem. This is not the case with valve cylinders;
- The propane-butane mixture can be used safely at temperatures up to.30 ºC. Tin cans are filled with isobutane, which does not want to work at 10ºC.
In any case when choosing a small cylinder gas bottle should carefully read the instructions for their use, which is printed on the body of the product on the back. Avoid using these appliances if you are not instructed to do so. Remember, even a can of insignificant capacity is a real danger. Experience has shown that even a used small-capacity can, if heated strongly, is explosive. over, in a closed room (an apartment, a kitchen, etc.) the impact of such a spray can damage or knock out not only window and door frames but also the partitions between apartments.), the effect is multiplied. In case such a can explodes indoors not only window and door frames but also apartment partitions could be deformed or blown out by the impact wave.
In addition to portable gas cans, you should be aware that household chemical products in aerosol cans may also pose a high risk to humans. In modern life it is difficult to do without them. They are used literally every step of the way: when washing fabrics; cleaning clothes; cleaning rooms; washing and cleaning dishes, bathtubs, toilets; deodorizing and disinfecting indoor air; painting walls, ceilings, floors, furniture, etc.д.Avoid using these appliances without a manual; avoid gluing things together; fight against household pests and rodents, etc.п. The only way to reduce their danger to people. Compliance with the rules of their use.
Safety precautions, which must be observed when using aerosol cans, due to their structure. Cylinders are available in aluminum, tin or glass with capacities from 30 to 1000 cubic centimeters.cm. It should be remembered that the pressurised liquid mixture in the cylinder is in most cases flammable! Therefore, it is necessary to especially strictly follow the rules for handling cylinders: they should not be placed near heat sources (higher pressure can lead to bursting of the cylinder), they cannot be opened even after complete use, they cannot be thrown in garbage cans, in the street, in the woods, in any place where children can find them. When working with cylinders there should be no open flame or smoking nearby.
And a few more basic safety rules for their storage and use:
- All preparations should be used only for their intended purpose and in strict compliance with the instructions and recommendations for their use;
- only use preparations that you buy in the store and that have a label on the package;
- In case of fire the container should be covered with a thick woolen cloth and after the fire has been put out. remove from the room;
- After finishing your work it is absolutely necessary to ventilate the room and only then you can smoke or use heating devices.
Remember that even thrown into the trash the used container from household chemical preparations is explosive in case of its heating and represents danger to you and people around.
It must be remembered that there is no point in keeping large stocks of household chemicals in the house. This recommendation applies in particular to poisonous and inflammable substances. They should be purchased with the expectation of full use in the near future.
REQUIREMENTS OF THE FIRE SAFETY REGULATIONS
IN THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION ON THE USE OF HOUSEHOLD GAS APPLIANCES
Approved by a decree of the Government of the Russian Federation
Article 91. It is prohibited to store cylinders with combustible gases in private houses, apartments and living rooms, as well as in kitchens, escape routes, stairwells, basements, attics, balconies and loggias.
Article 92. Gas cylinders for household gas appliances (including cooking stoves, water boilers, gas columns), with the exception of 1 cylinder with the volume of no more than 5 liters, connected to a factory-made gas stove, shall be located outside buildings in annexes (cabinets or under covers covering the upper part of cylinders and reducer) made of non-combustible materials at a deaf wall partition at a distance of at least 5 meters from entrances to buildings, basement and cellar floors.
Article 93. Outbuildings and cabinets for gas cylinders shall be locked and have shutters for ventilation, as well as warning signs “Fire Hazardous. Gas”.
Article 94. Fire safety device with the inscription “Danger of fire” shall be placed at the entrance of individual houses, as well as in buildings and constructions, where gas cylinders are used. Gas cylinders.”.
Article 95. When using household gas appliances is prohibited:
a) exploitation of domestic gas appliances in case of gas leakage;
b) connection of gas valve parts with a sparking tool;
c) checking the tightness of connections by means of open flame sources, including matches, lighters, candles.
Locking gas valve Dy 20 mm, with padlock type “Crab
Blocker of gas valve (stopping and blocking unit) Dy = 20 mm, to be installed on pipes with nominal diameter of 20 mm. Gas valve interlocks are used in systems to control access to gas supply taps. ball, socket and plug version.
The gas valve blocker (GVB) or locking and sealing unit is a closed chamber made of two mutually connected parts and includes elements for installing a sealing compound. The locking chamber of the blocking device is made in the form of a hollow body with a cavity to contain the body of the blocking device and a cover securing the hollow body.
For a stable fixation, the blocker Dy 20 mm provides one or more technological holes in the hollow body, which are in fact mounting holes strengthen the tightness of the fit of the blocker to the pipe. The installed gas blocker is locked by means of a lid locking device at the floor housing.
The lid lock on the hollow housing is made in the form of two parallel ears fixed on the outer surface of the wall of the hollow housing, and in the adjacent wall of the housing two slots are made, through which these two ears are passed, and in the ears there are holes for installation of the sealing agent.
- The device is designed to block unauthorized change in position of the shut-off valve;
- The device can be used when it is necessary to cut off the gas supply in case of non-payment;
- The device can be used to protect access to the crane, during repair, emergency and preventive work;
- To protect the valve from atmospheric precipitation and aggressive media;
- The device can be used in all climatic zones of the Russian Federation;
- The device is designed for external and internal application;
- Climatic version “B” by GOST 15150-69;
- Possibility of sealing, against unauthorized tampering.
The key parameters of valve blockers Dy 20 mm:
- Length, mm 115;
- Width, mm 110;
- Height, mm 115;
- Material Sheet steel, 2.2 mm;
- The diameter of the tube, mm 26.8;
- Complete set Body BGV, lock, keys (not less than three);
- Unit of measure set;
- Weight, gr 1624.
- The device is made of sheet steel of 2.2 mm according to GOST 380-71;
- Device components are powder painted as per GOST 9.404-80;
- The coating thickness is not less than 80 microns;
- Coating quality not less than class III according to GOST 9.014-80;
- The components of the device is easy to install on the pipe at the gas valve and mate with each other lock;
- The gaps do not exceed 2 mm;
- In the gas valve blocker (GVB) in the cover and body there are made holes for sealing of GVB with plastic indicator seal after its installation.
Note: The price of the interlock is given without VAT!
Debtors will put the locks on the gas cocks
Nikolay Vorobyov, Director General of Gazprom Mezhregiongaz Tula, spoke about new ways to fight debtors.
On June 2, a press conference was held, the main topic of which was the debts of businesses and households for gas during the 2014-2015 heating season. Nikolai Vorobyov noted that the company fulfilled all its contractual obligations to consumers in the region by 100%. However, the contractors, in turn, turned out to be not so responsible. So, the debt of the industrial enterprises at the beginning of May was 267.7 million. 35.6 million of which are debts of bankrupt enterprises. The following companies turned out to be the largest debtors:
- ZAO Steklozavody (debt of 77 million),
- Novomoskovskiy Greenhouse plant (debt of 36 million),
- Tovarkovsky sugar factory (debt of 7.8 million),
- Stamp Machinery Plant (debt of 7.4 million),
- Soviet factory of building materials (debt of 5.5 million).
It is these debts that cause the greatest concern of gas workers.
The heat supplying enterprises are many times more in debt, and they have not paid more than two billions rubles to the gas supplier. And this amount is 1.2 times more than last year’s debt. The region’s three largest heat-processing plants are the most indebted:
In addition, payment discipline problems have worsened in Shchyokinsky, Uzlovsky, Teplo-Ogarevsky, Odoyevsky districts and in Tula (by enterprises of the former Leninsky district). Nikolay Vorobyov also mentioned the positive experience of cooperation. Positive utility consumers include JSC Shchyokinsky district, LLC NTK Novomoskovsk, LLC ATEK Aleksinsky district. All of them have been fulfilling their obligations in a timely manner and in full for many years.
Summing up the results of the contest, which has been determining the most disciplined company for four years, Nikolay Vorobyov congratulated and awarded the Aleksin enterprise and its CEO Vladimir Moiseev.
Nikolai Vorobyov and Vladimir Moiseev
Commenting on the situation with the debtors Director General of Gazprom mezhregiongaz Tula said that such problems are often caused by the unstable position of municipal administrations. For example, during the last heating season in a number of districts the heads not only failed to take measures to organize payment for gas, but they themselves allowed significant delays in payment by budget organizations for supplied heat and services. Tula natural gas supplier, while fulfilling its obligations, did not impose restrictions on socially significant consumers during this year’s heating season. But at the end of it 327 debtors are already on the list for restriction and disconnection of gas supply. By the way, as a result of delayed payment residents of several districts of Greater Tula and several districts of the region may remain without hot water.
A separate work is also done with individuals who are late on gas payments.
As of May 1 this year the total debt of the population amounted to 485 million.
Over the past four months of this year, subscribers have been sent more than 80 thousand reminders and letters of complaint. As soon as a person has a debt, he is sent a payment document with a warning about its existence, posted all over the format. To persistent non-payers they are considered as such after three months of arrears come receipts in bright red.
And in much more advanced cases, special locking locks are installed on gas taps. They allow you to cut off the gas supply without cutting the pipes.
Nikolai Vorobiev showed journalists the lock, which is attached to the gas tap, shutting off the gas.
As of today, 560 debtors in Tula and the region have been rewarded for serious gas debts with locks that shut off gas taps.
How to Install Stops on Gas Lines
Only specialists authorized to work with gas equipment are allowed to install stopping plugs. A person must know all the instructions, follow the safety rules.
Sometimes the installation of a locking plug on the gas pipe can be done by yourself. In the case where the local gas service master will cut off the gas in the pipeline. Often even this can be done independently, but, again, with the permission of the state gas station.
Do not smoke cigarettes or light a fire during the process of installing the plug. According to safety rules, you must wear gloves and special glasses to work with gas. In no case can not light matches, and in general in the room should not be an open flame. Do not prevent to arrange ventilation.
Before you begin any work, you must find out where in the house there is a device for measuring gas flow. the meter. It is near the meter that you will find the main valve with which you can shut off the gas in the room.
Valve, as a rule, looks nice, it has a large rectangular handle. It is located on one of the pipes that are connected to the meter. And there are only two pipes. One of these pipes supplies gas to your home.
It happens that in an apartment building are used complex meters, but here you have to find your meter, and turn off the gas in your apartment. It is important not to mix up the valve, and not to block the gas to one of the neighbors.
So, to shut off the gas to your house or apartment is only the first part of the work, still have to free the pipe you want to plug from other pipes or gas devices. Here you can use a special adjustable wrench to unscrew the pipe.
Next, we recommend the following steps:
- You won’t even need one wrench to release the pipe, but two. One should hold one nut, and with the other gradually unscrew the other until the pipe is free from the device connected to it.
- You may need to simply cut the pipe, depending on for what cases you are going to install a plug. For safety reasons, once again make sure there are no leaks or a smell of gas, and that you have turned off the right valve.
- Next, clean the pipe, rub it from above with a steel washcloth, remove the remains of dirt, grease and paint on the threaded connections, if any. Pay special attention to the threads, make sure that there is nothing unnecessary on them.
- If you are going to put a permanent plug. an elliptic, it only needs to be welded to the pipe and then check with soapy foam, if there is no gas leakage. Eliminate, if any.
- Install the threaded plug this way. prepare Teflon tape to ensure that there is not even the tiniest gap between the threads of the plug and the threads of the pipe. Wrap it on the pipe thread, make turns only clockwise. Then when screwing it on the pipe the gasket material will not unwind.
- It is desirable to use stopping plugs of the same material as the pipe. For a steel pipe you can also use a brass and chrome plug. At the end, all that remains is to take the plug and screw it onto the gas pipe.
Keep in mind that you should not screw the locking product very tight. it will not give a more reliable tightness of the connection.
On the contrary, the plug can only fail, then there will be a gas leak, which is life-threatening.
Only after you’ve cleaned up and finished all the work, can you turn on the gas valve again. Be sure to check with a foaming detergent to make sure everything is airtight and there is no gas leakage at the joints between the plug and the pipe. If everything is okay, no bubbles will form on the joint.
How to remove a gas meter lock?
Contact the gas company that supplied the lock. The system may be considered unsafe, or its unauthorized use may constitute theft.
Blowing yourself, the structure involved, or others (or just being arrested for theft, utility tampering, or other crimes) seems like a less than reasonable use of your time.
They require a special key that your gas company has, and they usually only install it on their equipment because there has been a gas leak or someone hasn’t paid their bill, so if you remove it, you could not only be committing a crime, but you could be putting yourself and others in danger. It would probably be best to have the gas company remove it so they can properly check for leaks and other hazards, such as signal lights that need to be lit or damaged equipment.
Even if you disengage the interlock and turn the valve to the “ON” position, the gas will still be blocked by the hard washer (disk) located in the inlet or outlet coupling next to the flowmeter body. Therefore, if you remove the retainer with a grinding disc, hold the valve in the off position, disconnect the coupling sleeve, remove the washer, tighten the coupling sleeve, then turn on the gas valve. The danger lies in being careless when you disengage the interlock and also cut off the gas pipe, causing an explosion. As others have said, you are probably in violation of the law, and the utility company can fine you, reduce your services and demand compensation for your damaged equipment. I see new property owners wanting to do this when they occupy the house and the meter is locked, usually because of the requirement that it be locked before fumigation. Since the “meter” will only come back to unlock the meter after a call, and these calls are considered low priority (not emergency), there is frustration. But the utility would prefer to have someone on the property so they can ensure that no gas leaks are present when the gas is turned on. As a bonus for your patience, it will probably set your pilots on fire for you. Sorry it takes so long to get hot water!
Special gas locks are installed by the gas system and can only be opened with a special key. Key. is an item that is closely monitored, and utility workers are often fined hundreds or thousands of dollars if they lose them, and in some cases it can be a final offense, so it’s unlikely that you can get your hands on one. ,
As Lee Stockwell says in his Quora post, the utility has installed a lock for some reason, and it can be a crime to remove it, it can be dangerous, and it’s usually better to call the utility to remove it. Having said that, there are reasons to remove it yourself and ways to do it.
I found the best way to remove the blocking of the meter with an angle grinder with a cutting wheel. Be careful not to cut only the body of the lock and not the valve or the eyelets through which the lock goes. There is often a ring on the outside that just rotates if you try to cut it radially, so you may have to cut it off the top first to disengage and/or remove the ring before cutting the lock itself.
Again, I’m not telling you that this is okay, but if you’ve weighed your options and determined that this is your preferred course of action, here’s how it’s.
How to shut off the gas
If a malfunction of the gas valve is detected, it is recommended that the device be replaced as soon as possible. The first step is to select a new valve. When selecting a valve, experts recommend taking into account:
- cork. In the body of the plug valve is placed conical element, driven by the handwheel. The tapered element (plug) has a hole, which, when aligned with the hole in the pipe, allows gas to pass to the equipment. The gland is the sealing material that seals the connection between the valve and the pipes;
- with a ball valve. The design of a ball-type gas valve differs from a cork-type valve in that the shut-off mechanism is based on a ball made of durable metal. The ball has a hole that, when the handwheel is turned, is positioned along the gas line and thus allows gas to pass to the consumer.
Gas line valve with ball shutoff mechanism
Experts recommend using ball valves for domestic gas pipelines, as they are more reliable.
According to the method of connection with the pipe household ball valve can be:
Valve to be installed by screwing
Gas valve to be installed by welding
Threaded and flanged valves are reusable, that is, if necessary, you can remove the device from the gas pipe, check its performance, make repairs and install it in its previous place. Welded valve can be installed only once.
Basic selection parameters
To choose a shut-off valve for gas, it is recommended to pay attention to the following factors:
- the diameter of the pipeline. Stop valve element must completely block the pipe in the apartment. If the valve will be larger or smaller, the tightness of the valve will not be complete;
- Thread pitch and diameter on the pipeline. In order to quickly make a replacement unit, you need to have a full match of the specified parameters. Otherwise you will need to purchase and install additional adapters;
- Material from which the gas valve is made. It is more reasonable to purchase brass valves, as they have a longer service life. You can also find silumin, zinc and plastic valves on sale. You can distinguish the material used to manufacture the valve by its weight. Brass faucets are heavier than faucets made of other materials. You can also inspect the threaded part of the valve. Brass has a yellow hue, and all other materials (except plastic) is gray;
Valve for gas, made of brass with nickel plating
- The body of the valve must be free of chips, swells, cracks, and other defects. The presence of these factors indicates non-compliance with the rules of manufacture of the product, which will lead to a shortened service life;
- It makes more sense to purchase valves from reputable manufacturers. For example, you can choose valves made by Bugatti (Italy), Dungs (Germany), Broen Ballomax (Poland).
Following these simple rules when choosing a gas valve allows you to find a reliable device with a long life time.
What to do if you have been disconnected from the gas supply?
I often receive calls from people with problems when they have been illegally disconnected from the gas supply, actually left them without heating in winter and refuse to reconnect. In this article you will learn what to do in this case.
How to remove your Gas Block and Gas Tube
Did you know that even if you are disconnected from the gas supply for debt, you must be warned about it in writing against your signature or by mail at least 3 days before the planned disconnection. And if you pay these debts during these 3 days, or if you have not been notified at all. This disconnection is illegal. If you did not know, this article is for you.
Also, if you want to delve into the subject of disputes with gas and other utility companies deeper, I recommend some of my articles on: Gas fines and how to argue with them?, Utility debts? What this threatens to do? What is the responsibility for their failure to pay, and how can you reduce their size?
And especially for those who doubt whether it is worth it to argue with the gas supplying organizations, I answer that it is worth it, and it is very promising. The courts are absolutely neutral in these disputes and do not protect anyone’s interests at all, and the problem of these organizations is that they usually do not have any evidence other than the acts signed personally by them, which are of no special importance for the court with the right legal defense.
Among gas cases that I personally have in my practice, I consider it necessary to give the example of several, in which the defense can be based mainly on the fact that gas supplying organizations have no proof of any violations. These are cases 43/18466/18 (already on appeal, awaiting final decision), 42/7379/18 (only passed the trial court stage, but very successful).
How to remove gas meter lock
So what to do if you have been illegally disconnected from the gas supply.
If this has already happened, with or without your knowledge you can not panic. Prepare for clear, planned action to get justice, and be patient. By doing this you will increase your chances of success and protect yourself from any premature misconduct.
The first thing to do is to ask the gas supply company for a copy of the Cutoff Act immediately. They are obligated to give it to you. If for some reason this does not happen, write an application in writing to the gas supplying organization with a request to issue you this Act immediately and send this application to the organization by registered mail, keeping the receipt for sending it.
Committing these acts. Requirement to issue a Certificate of Disconnection and get it in your hands. is extremely important, because as long as you do not have it, the gas supply organization gets the right to twist any data in it or lose it altogether.
over, there are even cases when people have their pipes cut off, and then they say that they did it themselves, and they send a tidy bill for the entire time the gas was cut off, and a fine for illegal interference with the gas supply system. Argue with this outrage, you can without much trouble if you have the Act of disconnection or proof that you have asked to issue it.
So reacting to any actions in a timely manner is the key to your success.
The second thing to keep in mind is this. In no case, if you have even the slightest bit of disagreement with the actions of the gas supply organization, do not sign an installment agreement with them. This is the first thing you will be asked to do when you go to them to try to negotiate peacefully.
With this agreement, you are in fact acknowledging all the charges, both legal and illegal, and agreeing to all the charges and claims. over, by signing this contract you extend by 3 years the limitation period for the gas supply company to apply to the court. Т.е. You deprive yourself of the chance that maybe the gas supply company due to a mess of documents and lack of staff, in time to address the court. This also happens from time to time and such shortcomings on the part of the gas supply company employees can be used to your advantage.
Before signing an installment contract, I advise you to consult with a lawyer in this area, as it often contains many pitfalls that you are not even aware of. And if you, after consulting with experts, still come to the conclusion that there is nothing to argue with and the gas supply company is right (which happens very rarely), then you can always sign this contract. The gas supply company will meet you halfway, no matter what they say now, this contract is in their interest.
It is also useless to pound the doorsteps of the gas supply company in an attempt to peacefully resolve everything and prove your case. Even if you are right 10 times, they will not admit it. In my practice, there has never been a single case where the gas commission ruled in favor of the man. And there are dozens of such gas commissions every week.
It is possible to receive any justice only through the court. So do not waste your precious time walking around organizations and deputies, and immediately go to the experts on these disputes and in court. The sooner you do this, the better your chances of success and the sooner everything will be over.
It even happens, though very rarely, that after a competent legal defense, even at the gas commission gas inspectors suddenly recalculate the penalty and it becomes much smaller. It is certainly unlikely, but it is possible.
If you think it would be quicker to make a deal now and agree to pay the huge fines right now, remember, you are on a special list with these organizations and next year you will most likely come back with a similar fine again. And whether it makes sense to pay for something that is not your fault. over, the faster without a trial is usually not booming, rather slow, useless, more expensive, as well as more problematic in the future. Although of course the right of choice for each of us.
Third, what you should always do and what few do. To fix any legal and illegal actions of employees of gas supply organization on photo, video as detailed as possible. They cut your pipe, take a picture of this process, take readings of the meter and its condition at that time, record how it looked before and after, they say that the pipe traces of illegal tapping or the seal on the meter is broken, take pictures of it all in detail yourself. This will help your lawyer a lot when you come to him with this problem. Often it is this data that is the key to success in court.
And do not be afraid to receive any notifications or receipts from the gas supply company. Just sign them, with the notation Disagree, and put exactly the date on which they were handed to you. Evasion from receiving the Acts will not help you anyway, the gas supplying organization has it and this is enough to bring you to justice, and if you have the Act in your hands, even one that you do not agree with, your lawyer will understand from the first glance at him, what to argue with and what happened. This will save a lot of time and help you resolve the situation faster.
The next thing to find out is what caused the disconnection of the gas supply. You were in arrears on your gas bill or you are accused of tampering.
This is extremely important, because in each of these cases, a special order of disconnection and the procedure for contesting these actions.
If you have been cut off for debt, you should remember that you should have been notified in writing against a signature or by mail at least 3 days in advance. This procedure is stipulated in the clause. 17 Section II of Section II of the Rules for supply of natural gas, approved by NERC Decree 496 of 30.09.2015г.
(785) Power Company Meter Locks. How to Pick Them Open!
If you receive this notice, you should immediately go and pay your debt. If you do not agree with the debt, you should challenge it in writing and notify the gas supplying company immediately.
If you have paid your debt in 3 days or if you have not been notified about the cutoff, this disconnection is illegal and you have a chance to challenge it in court.
And another thing, if after disconnection you have paid all debts, notified the gas supply company, you should not be led through the offices and require a bunch of permits, you are obliged to reconnect. Which does not happen almost never.
If you have not been cut off for your debts but, for example, for an illegal tap, they are trying to fine you for a very tidy sum of money. You must react to these actions immediately. How exactly is described in detail in my article Gas fines and how to argue with them? In the same way you should urgently react if you are accused of tampering with the gas meter. I am preparing a separate article on this subject, such cases are very frequent.
If you were disconnected voluntarily-forced without your consent due to the fact that the house is unprofitable to maintain or many debtors, the main thing here is not to sign a consent to this, and then complain to the Antimonopoly Committee and the court. These actions are illegal.
And remember, you always have the right to complain to the Hot Line and the police about employees of the gas supply company who suddenly burst into your house or their illegal actions. All these calls are recorded.
So, if you are faced with this kind of lawlessness, do not panic, fix everything on photos and video, call the police and hot line, demand from employees of the gas supply organization all the necessary acts and notices, do not sign any contracts for installment and urgently consult a specialist.
Your success is in your hands and depends primarily on your timely and coordinated actions.
What you must not do when using gas in your household?
Each user of indoor gas equipment is obliged to:
Know and follow safe gas rules in your household.
Monitor the serviceability of gas equipment and gas meters, ensure their proper technical condition by signing contracts with a specialized organization, as well as immediately notify the specialized organization of accidents, fires, faults of in-house gas equipment and other violations occurring during the use of gas in the home.
If you are away for an extended period of time, ask the gas company to disconnect your apartment from the gas.
Leaving gas appliances unattended when they are in use
To use the room where gas appliances are installed for sleeping and resting
Use gas appliances when there is no draft or faulty ventilation
Usage of defective or requiring repair gas appliances
Clogging and closing of ventilation channels
To clutter gas equipment with foreign objects, to tie ropes to gas lines
Do not repair, change or relocate gas equipment yourself
Assemble and dismantle gas pipelines, install gas appliances, devices and other gas using equipment, connect them to gas pipelines, apartment water supply and heating systems must be performed by specialized companies
Unauthorized relaying of gas pipelines, installation of additional and changing of existing gas-using equipment is not allowed. Such work shall be carried out by a specialized organization by agreement with the gas supplying organization.
If you smell gas, turn off the tap in front of the gas equipment and notify the emergency service. Before the arrival of the emergency team, ventilate the room, do not use an open fire, do not turn on or off any electrical appliances.
GAS USERS MUST REMEMBER!
According to the current legislation provides that the absence of the subscriber agreement on maintenance of in-house (indoor) gas equipment is the basis for the unilateral suspension of gas supply obligations by the supplier.
Timely maintenance and repair of in-house gas equipment, ventilation and chimney ducts, compliance with rules of gas use and gas equipment at home will prevent tragic consequences in the future.
Owners and tenants of residential premises are liable for safe use of household gas appliances in apartments and their proper maintenance (art.Article 210 of the Civil Code, Art.30.67 of the Housing Code ) CIVILIANS, RECOMMEND! GAS MIXED WITH AIR IS AN EXPLOSIVE MIXTURE. BY VIOLATING THE RULES OF USE OF THE GAS STOVE, YOU ENDANGER NOT ONLY YOURSELF BUT ALSO OTHERS.
Violation of safety requirements for gas use in private households may lead to accidents.
A gas leak can be detected in the room by a distinctive smell. It can occur in connections of gas distribution in front of the appliances. Gas leakage can also occur in burners with open or improperly closed taps. A gas leak can cause severe suffocation of people, and can cause a fire or explosion.
Searching for gas leaks by fire is strictly forbidden. If the user repeatedly fails to comply with the instructions of the operational gas service the user shall be disconnected from gas supply.
In case of breakdown of gas distribution and abnormal operation of gas appliances the subscriber shall call gas service to carry out necessary repairs or adjustment of gas appliances.
If you don’t use the gas for a long period of time (trips, repairs, etc), you must stop using it immediately.) The subscriber must report this to disconnect the apartment from the gas supply. Locksmiths of the gas distribution company, who come on a call of a subscriber to eliminate the problem, have the right to come at any time of day. On questions of repair, adjustment, and gas leakage, call: 04.
CITIZENS ARE NOT ALLOWED UNAUTHORIZED REPAIRS OF GAS APPLIANCES
THE POPULATION USING GAS AT HOME, MUST
To be instructed on the safe use of gas in the operating organization of the gas economy, to have instructions for the operation of devices and to comply with them.
To watch for the normal operation of gas appliances, chimneys and ventilation systems, to check the draft before and during the operation of gas appliances with disposal of gas combustion products in the chimney. Before using a gasified stove check whether the slide is fully open. Periodically clean the chimney After finishing the use of gas to close the taps on gas appliances and in front of them, and if the cylinders are placed inside the kitchens to additionally close the valves of the cylinders.
If gas appliances malfunction, call the gas utility company.
In case of sudden cutoff of gas supply immediately close burner cocks of gas appliances and notify emergency gas service by phone 04!
If you smell gas in the apartment immediately stop using gas appliances, turn off valves to the appliances and appliances, open windows or vents to ventilate the room, call the emergency service of the gas economy by phone 04!(outside the gassy room).
Do not light the fire, do not smoke, do not turn on and off electric lights and appliances, do not use the electric bell.
Before entering basements and cellars, before turning on the light or lighting a fire, make sure there is no smell of gas.
IF YOU SMELL GAS IN THE ENTRYWAY,
IN THE YARD, IN THE STREET. REQUIRED:
Unauthorized gasification of the house (apartment, garden cottage), relocation, replacement and repair of gas appliances, cylinders and fittings.
Carry out remodeling of the room where gas appliances are installed, change the area of heated rooms, without the approval of the relevant organizations.
Make changes to the design of gas appliances. To change the construction of chimney and ventilation systems; To seal the ventilation ducts, wall up or seal s and hatches designed for cleaning chimneys.
Disconnect automatics of safety and regulation. To use gas when there are faulty gas appliances, automatics, fittings and gas cylinders, especially when a gas leak is detected. Use gas if there is a violation of the tightness of masonry, plaster (cracks) of gasified furnaces and chimneys. Unauthorized installation of additional gates in chimneys and chimney flues from water heaters.
Use the gas without regular checks and cleaning of the smoke and ventilation ducts within the terms defined by the Safety Rules for the Gas Industry.
Use gas appliances with closed shutters (transoms), louvers, ventilation channels, the lack of draft in chimneys and ventilation ducts, cracks under the doors of bathrooms.
Leaving gas appliances in operation unattended (except appliances that are designed for continuous operation and have the necessary automatic systems for this).
Allow for use of gas appliances by children of preschool age, persons not controlling their actions and not knowing the rules of these appliances. Do not use gas and gas appliances for their intended purpose. Use gas stoves for heating purposes. Use rooms where gas appliances are installed to sleep and rest.
Use open fire to detect gas leaks (this can be done with soap emulsion or special appliances). Store empty and filled liquefied gas cylinders in rooms and cellars.
To change empty gas cylinders into gas and switch them on without special instructions. Have in the gasified room more than one cylinder with a capacity of more than 50 (55) liters or two cylinders with a capacity of more than 27 liters each (one of them. 2). spare). Keep cylinders less than 2 meters away from furnace doors. Allow the damage of gas equipment and theft of gas.
The use of the gas stove is allowed after the subscriber has been instructed in the safe use of gas with the corresponding documentation.
Observance of the rules of use of the gas stove and their implementation during operation eliminates the possibility of accidents and emergencies. The subscriber must study and strictly follow these rules. The subscriber must keep the gas stove clean and in good working order. Unauthorized repair of gas appliances is not allowed. In the case of malfunction of gas wiring, abnormal operation of gas appliances, the subscriber should call a mechanic of the gas service by phone 04. Remember that if you follow the rules, gas is safe. However, when gas leaks in the room, an explosive mixture is formed, and when incomplete combustion of gas creates carbon monoxide.
Knowing and following the rules for using gas appliances eliminates the possibility of accidents. Before lighting the gas burners of a gas stove, ventilate the room, check that the gas burner taps in front of the stove, burner taps on the stove, oven tap and cylinder valve on gas cylinders are closed.
Open the valve on the cylinder (in case of gas cylinders).
Light a match, bring it to one of the burners of the stove. Pressing lightly on the knob of the burner tap, open it. Follow the same procedure for lighting the gas on the other burners. It is recommended to use electric or silicon lighters to light the burner. If the flame slips inside the burner, it is necessary to close the tap of this burner, light it again after a while. With normal gas combustion, the flame at the burners is clear, calm, with a bluish-green hue of 2-2.5 cm high. Adjust the burner flame height by turning the knob on the burner cock. In case of abnormal gas combustion:
The gas utility service must adjust the combustion mode. Before using the oven, ventilate it for 3 to 5 minutes by repeatedly opening and closing the oven door. The oven burner gas is ignited through a suitable burner access window by raising the flame and simultaneously opening the oven burner cock. Gas must be burning at all burner openings. To turn off the gas stove, close the burner taps on the stove and the oven burner tap. Close the tap on the gas supply line in front of the stove. Close the valve on the gas cylinder in case of gas cylinders).
It is not allowed to put wide-bottomed cookware on low burners of the stove because it may lead to poisoning by products of incomplete combustion of gas (carbon monoxide).
The flame must not be ejected from under the pan, and the bottom of the pan must be clean, because the presence of soot increases gas consumption and cooking time. When using cookware with ribbed bottoms and bottoms that overlap the gas stove deck, a spare high burner should be placed on the burner for a normal air supply.
IGNITION OF THE OVEN BURNERS
Light the oven burners in the following order:
Open the common tap on the gas line in front of the stove if it has not been previously opened (ventilate the oven for 2-3 minutes with the door open).
Hold a burning match or match to the right burner first and, slowly opening the faucet (extreme right or middle), light it, then quickly bring the fire to the left burner. Pay attention to the gas burning. Gas should ignite in all burner openings. If one of the burners goes out, immediately turn off the tap and ventilate the cabinet, then repeat the ignition process again. After making sure that the gas burner burns with a normal flame, close the hatch on the bottom, the oven door.
CARE OF THE STOVE AND THE OVEN
To keep your stove in good working order, you need to keep it clean and tidy. The following rules must be observed:
Wash the burners and caps periodically in a solution of soda or soapy water.
Wash the drip pan (dirt tray) located under the burner burners with warm soapy water and wipe it dry.
Regularly wash and wipe all equipment on the bottom and walls of the oven with warm water.
Wash the outside of the stove with warm water and wipe it clean.
Before using the oven for the first time, be sure to rinse it with hot water and burn it. Turn on the burners and do not put any cookware in it.
The gas cylinder must be located at a distance of 0.5 m from the gas hob, 2 m. from the solid fuel stove, 1 m. from electric appliances, 0.5 m. Stand away from sinks and washbasins.
Leaving a lighted gas stove unattended, or allowing young children or anyone unfamiliar with the rules of using gas appliances to use and maintain the stove.
Use gas stoves for space heating.
Building up the stove with foreign objects or placing flammable objects near it.
Tie ropes to gas pipes and valves to hang laundry and other things.
Knock on valves, burners, reducer with metal objects, as well as turn the knob on the gas stove with keys, pliers, pincers, levers, etc. д.
Lifting heavy weights on the open door of the oven.
Standing on the stove, placing heavy full containers for boiling laundry, placing wide-bottomed cookware on burners with low ribs, etc. д.
Turn on the faucets without a lit match.
Fill the burning burners with boiling liquids.
Sleeping in the room where the gas burner is installed or leaving the burners on at night when everyone in the apartment is sleeping.
Unauthorized change of the place of installation of the gas stove or repair of gas appliances and gas distribution inside the apartment.
Use the stove with the ventilation closed or not functioning properly.
If you have smelled gas in the room, you must not use the stove, smoke, turn electrical appliances on and off. In this case it is necessary to immediately inform the emergency service by phone 04.