Design ideas and instructions for making screens on the battery
If the radiators installed in the apartment or private house are not pleased with the appearance, and it does not work to replace them with new ones, it makes sense to install the screen on the heating battery. Products are purchased in a retail network or made with their own hands. It is necessary to take into account the features of operation and the impact of constructive performance on the effectiveness of the heating of the premises.
In what cases are the dismantling of the batteries
often than others, the dismantling of a cast.iron heating radiator must be carried out, which has already served his age. But sometimes you have to decide how to remove the bimetallic radiator. Modern heating devices are easier to dismantle.
Heating radiator dismantling works may be needed in the following circumstances:
- When cast iron batteries give a leak between sections. At the same time, the distance from the eyeliner is small, there are many sections. It is impossible to reach the nipples that are from the side of the deaf traffic jams with a conventional radiator key. Therefore, you have to remove the device from the side of the eyeliner. To make dismantling urgently, you need to know in advance how to remove the heating battery correctly.
- If leaks are formed in the sites on the eyeliner to the battery. To change the lining (it does not matter, carving or welding), the device is required.
- Sometimes there is a need to replace the radiator with another device, with more profitable power characteristics or more modern in design.
- Radiators are required to be removed for preventive work to remove the scale inside. Sometimes this is done by annealing. After this procedure, it is necessary to replace intersecination gaskets.
- When repairing an apartment for gluing or painting a wall behind the radiator, it is required to remove it. It is not recommended to glue wallpaper near the radiators in the heating season, they will not hold on, so you need to take care of this in advance.
- There are other cases: for example, it is decided to redo one.pipe system for a two.pipe. Radiators need to be dismantled carefully to use them again. Aluminum devices require special caution.
Before you put a modern radiator, you need to find out how to remove the old heating battery. Cast iron radiators, albeit durable, but they are difficult to shoot, if only because they are very heavy. To find out how to remove the cast.iron heating battery, you need to understand the methods of connection.
How to wash batteries (radiators) from dust. causes and elimination
With the beginning of the heating season, the issue of purity of heating radiators is especially acute. It is better to clean them of dust and pollution until it starts, since together with the heat turned on, you will smell dust in the room.
General cleaning affects the entire space of the house, but often even the best housewives forget about heating radiators. Dust accumulates on their surface, which turns into ugly deposits and spoils the entire interior.
In fact, cleaning heating radiators is not a very easy procedure. The design of heating radiators can be a serious problem for the hostess, and not to give the opportunity to qualitatively carry out cleaning work. But still it will be necessary to do this, since “weather in the house” depends on their purity. In the article, the master plumber will tell you how to wash batteries from dust.
Like any places in the apartment, heat elements require cleaning from the inside. Dust constantly accumulates on them, and when the windows are opened at home, it rises from the movement of air, which is unacceptable for reasons of ordinary observance of order. In addition, dust can negatively affect the well.being of all those living in the apartment, so from time to time you have to get to the most uncomfortable places in the heater. There are also fat pollution on such devices, which are very difficult to remove.
In order to wash the radiator qualitatively and not damage the finishing material on the walls around it, they are covered with a film or oilcloth. Also act with the floor under the heating device. The very cleaning method will depend on the characteristics of the radiator device.
Improvised means used in the cleaning of the battery
These simple items are likely to be found in every house. Their use will significantly accelerate and facilitate the process of cleaning the battery from the most complex pollution:
- Yershik. This tool is easy to clean the holes in the radiator. So that there is no spraying from the brush, it can be wrapped in a rag.
- Brush. For a multi.row device, with gaps between plates of 2 cm, a small brush is suitable. If the length of the handle of the brush does not allow to reach the rear wall of the device, the usual ruler is taken with a length of 45 cm and wrapped with tape.
- Sock. An old sock is an alternative way of washing hard.to.reach places. A toe is taken, put on hand, plunged into a washing solution. In the winter, when the heating season is open in order not to burn old mittens, or a sock is put on a rubber glove.
- Microfiber rag on the palm of your hand or rag gloves.
- Old toothbrush and rag.
Household appliances that can be useful for washing accordion
In order to easily clean the battery with your own hands, the following household appliances may come in handy:
- Vacuum cleaner. Reliable assistant in housework. With it, you can clean the dirt outside and inside the heating equipment. Special nozzles will help collect dust.
- Steam generator. This modern device can not only clean the surface, but also disinfect it. A oilcloth is required for washing, dry dense fabric, steam generator and a couple of dexterous hands. We will have to close the walls and Paul Sandwich from oilcloth and fabric. It is important to remember: the heat exchanger selects steam, which harms the walls and flooring.
- Feng. The electrical device is good not only for drying hair, but also for cleaning dust, fat and gas evaporations. The use algorithm is simple: in working condition, a wet fabric is attracted to the hair dryer and applied to the dirty surface.
- Electric kettle. A pallet and boiling water is taken. A pallet is placed under the heating system, poured with boiling water on top. After that, the pipes are wiped with a dry rag. Dirt will move quickly due to the effects of boiling water.
To clean the battery, you can use special chemicals or by natural substances that will certainly be found in the arsenal of any housewife. The use of these tools will significantly reduce the cleaning time and save your strength.
- Lemon acid. 3. x teaspoons on a two.hundred.piece glass is enough to wipe with this solution of dusty places.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Its bactericidal properties will cope with pathogens that have accumulated on the radiator.
- Vinegar will help to cope with an unpleasant odor in the house. Unfilled distilled vinegar will remove mold on the heating system. A solution from a liter of water and two hundred grams of vinegar will make the surface of a brilliant.
- The baking soda copes with severe pollution not only on dishes, but also on the radiator. Diluted in water soda removes pollution in hard.to.reach places of heating device. Soda can be diluted with apple cider vinegar with the addition of soap solution. the result will be more effective.
Dismantling of cast.iron radiators
The most common are cast.iron radiators MS140. During their operation, and this is in some cases 30 or more years, they showed themselves only from the best side:
- accumulates heat;
- resistant to poor quality of the coolant;
- simplicity in maintenance;
- reliable and have a long service life (from 110 years and above)
How to make out this grandfather? But very simple, because constructively all radiators are collected according to one principle: with the help of nipple-ghosts and gaskets for tightness. True, in those ancient times, a bag of paint was wound on a nut and a rubber gasket stood.
Cast iron radiators in some systems cost 50 years, it is clear that it will not be easy to make out
There are no problems with disassembling a new radiator. But with the old you will have to tinker:
That’s why it is quite problematic to make out the old “cast iron”.
Another difficulty in working with cast iron is its great weight. The mass of one “clean” section.7.5 kg. The battery of 10 sections weighs 75 kg, so it is better to transfer it together. Before disassembling the radiator, it is best removed and rinse it. A small battery can be washed in the bath, having previously laid a rag. To do this, it is best to take a piece of the hose, connect to a tap with cold water and rinse well. If you are sorry to get a bath, you can go out into the yard. Only the presence of water is important, you also need a drain: there will be more than enough horror in the water.
Only a strong person can wear cast.iron batteries alone
The place for disassembling the radiator is selected even and quite spacious. If you live in a multi.storey building, then this work can be done on the stairwell. From the tools you will need:
- radiator key;
- chisel, hammer, small sledgehammer;
- brush with a metal pile, a soldering lamp;
- a few boards or malpances for lining under the battery;
- Plumbing key, 3 for unwinding side traffic jams (cubes) and plugs.
A few words about the key: it is unlikely that you will find something like that in the store, it’s easier to look for the market or lend a plumbing from a friend.
The key is a round bar with a diameter of 18 mm. On the one hand, it is flattened in the form of a scapula for the internal size: its width is 28x40mm and a thickness of 6 mm. On the other hand, the ring is welded to it, into which the rotation lever is inserted. The length of the key is defined as ½ of the largest radiator plus approximately 300 mm. You can make such a “miracle” from a suitable segment of a half.inch pipe, flattering one end. But this option is only suitable for disassembling a new radiator.
The joint flowed. the gasket was leaked. You need to disassemble the cast.iron battery and change it
To facilitate the work, before disassembling, the joint must be warmed up with a construction hairdryer, or a soldering lamp. Here you will need boards: put the battery on them and warm.
There are a lot of problems with “boiled” sections of problems. They are so “akin to” that significant physical efforts do not help. Then the first “medicine”. heating. Warm up the metal to a weak glow, then try to promote (only take the gloves thicker). Another option may come: spin after cooling, but only immediately, after the temperature decreases. In this case, the microcracks are formed in the gaskets, and such a connection is destroyed easier.
Now about the order of action. Previously unscrewing the plugs, we apply the key on top of the radiator, combining the key head with the place where the nipple will be unscrewed, and make a circular mark with chalk on the key body along the end of the section. Instead of chalk, you can use a piece of isolets or tape. Next, insert the key into the lower inner hole and slightly turning along the axis to the right and to the left we bring it to the label made.
Now about which direction you need to unscrew the section. If there is a nipple, then we “make it” alternately with the left or right side. We determine which way it is twisted. Then you need to unscrew the nut with a key in the opposite direction. If the thread is right (twisted clockwise), then for unscrewing we rotate the key counterclockwise. For left.handed thread, unscrew clockwise.
If a miracle happened, and you managed to tear the thread, do not rush to spin it completely. Twist the nut for one revolution, then do the same and with the upper nipple. And so little by little unscrew either from above or below. Cast iron does not like distortions and can turn a corny. We promote all sections in the same way.
It happens that the crushed section cannot be promoted. Then try to cut it in the center of the nipple “corner grinding” or a hacksaw for metal. Just cut the section with extremely carefully. After all, cast iron is by nature. fragile material. There is another way: the middle part of the unfit section is simply broken by a small sledgehammer on both sides, and the nipple is twisted with a plumbing key or knocked out with a hammer and a chisel.
When disassembling, it will not always be possible to get by with the key. It is often necessary to heat the metal to a weak glow, and only after that it will be possible to (and then not always) to break the thread from the boiled battery
Design of heating radiators
If a breakdown of the heating element occurs, especially in the cold season, it must be immediately repaired or replaced. Is the radio disassembly possible depends on the type of design. Quite often in the apartments, non.graceful types of radiators are installed that are not subject to restoration. In this case, it is better to immediately purchase a new battery. But there are collapsible models that can be dismantled to replace the damaged element and install back.
- Sectional batteries collected from several identical sections, reliably interconnected. Each of them has a channel through which water circulates, and the ribs, radiating heat heating the room. Sectional batteries are the most popular, since the cost of such radiators below. If a breakdown occurs, it is enough to replace only the damaged section, and if necessary, you can always add or remove the ribs.
- Monolithic products are one whole design that does not have separate sections. By external characteristics, these radiators can resemble sectional counterparts, but the differences between them are obvious. There are no connecting joints in monolithic devices, due to which they can withstand greater pressure. From this and the timing of the non.precious operation of these structures is almost twice as much as the sectional. But in the case of leakage, the monolithic device will have to be completely changed. In sectional products, it will be enough to replace the damaged element.
How to independently disassemble the heating radiator
The need to disassemble heating radiators arises in cases where they began to leak, one of the ribs cracked or burst. In old buildings, when there was no question about energy conservation, radiators were mounted in which more ribs were installed than this was required, so extra ribs should be removed.
Before disassembling heating radiators, regardless of their type, you should make sure that water is not supplied to the pipes. It is desirable to work together.
If the heating system is mounted on polypropylene or metal.plastic pipes, connecting couplings are disassembled.
If the heating system is mounted from steel pipes, you need to try to promote the drives at the entrance and exit of the sections. If it does not succeed, and so often happens in the apartments of the old building, the drives must be cut off with a corner grinder or an autogen.
It remains to remove the battery from the hooks with which it is attached to the wall, and put on a flat surface.
Apple Watch Screen Fix And Battery Replacement Repair Video
How to disassemble a cast.iron heating battery
Over time, cast.iron radiators lose their thermal power, since the entire inner surface of the battery is contaminated with impurities that sailed along with the coolant. At the end of the heating season, a large amount of plaque remains inside the sections, which entails the destruction of gaskets. In the article, the master plumber will tell you how to make out a cast.iron heating battery.
Cast iron radiators were invented back in 1857. The inventor of the now popular heating device was the Russian German of Italian descent Franz Karlovich San Galli, a resident of St. Petersburg. The view of the first batteries was different from the modern. The first heating device was thick pipes with vertical disks. Franz Karlovich called his invention “Haits-Curper” (hot box). He also came up with the usual name of the radiator. the battery. and was engaged in the promotion of his invention in Germany and the United States.
The batteries of the beginning of the 20th century had a modern shape, but they were larger and richly decorated with ornaments. The oldest of the 108 years old batteries discovered and still operating. They are in Tsarskoye Selo, in the country of Grand Duke Boris Vladimirovich.
By the 150th anniversary of the invention of the heating battery, a monument was created to this heating device. It was installed on the passing one of the oldest existing power plants in Russia. Samara GRES. The sculptural composition consists of a familiar battery-radiator, over which a cat warms up on the windowsill.
Each cast.iron battery consists of several sections. They pour in factories from gray cast iron. Water channels can be ellipsolent and round in shape.
The standard battery is assembled from separate cast sections, without the use of outdoor fasteners or fixators. Thus, you can dial a radiator of almost unlimited length.
Cast iron batteries can be of different widths, which depends on the number of sections, and heights. The width of the battery depends on the area of the room, wall thickness and number of windows. The more sections are used, the more heat the radiator gives. Height can fluctuate from 35 cm to 1.5 m. It is worth remembering the depths of the battery, because it depends on how these products will fit into the interior design. Depth is 50-140 cm. For installation, strong brackets are needed, which are attached to the wall. But now there are floor models that are equipped with legs in the kit.
To correctly disassemble the cast.iron battery, you need to know some features of its design:
- Separate sections are collected in one case using internal threaded bushings or nipples. To disassemble a cast.iron radiator, you need to be able to turn the end corks and internal inserts;
- Each nipple is a cylindrical glass on which two areas with a thread of two types are cut. with the left and right direction of the turns.
The end plugs are also made with two types of threads, as a rule, the deaf are released with the left thread, and the tuzer nut for connecting to the pipe-with the right.
note! To make out the sections, you will need to choose the right direction of rotation, otherwise you can quickly break the cast.iron battery case
To attach a separate register, a pair of nipples is used in the general cast.iron case, which simultaneously wrap between the two sections with a long key with a square head. In order to disassemble and not split the cast-iron case, you will also need to carefully turn the nipple, making only 1-2 turnover on each.
Features of fastening
The boxes are collected separately and only then hung on self.tapping screws to the wall. The radiator in the niche is closed with panels on latches. This is the easiest option from the point of view of installation and dismantling. The panels are hung on special holders, which on the front side are closed with plugs, which allows you to hide the mounting elements and make the surface aesthetic.
The screens are installed by specialists using special fasteners: corners and screws to the wall or guide. Models made of hardened glass are attached to remote holders with removal.
To dismantle the design, you need:
Replace battery in Ei144 heat alarm
Otherwise, the risk of damage to the screen, wall or radiator increases. To avoid problems, contact professionals.
The cost of replacing heating radiators
Replacing the radiator in different regions can cost differently.
- radiator. from 750 to 5,000 per section;
- Installation kit. from 250
- Consumables. flax, pasta, gaskets from 200 for everything;
- unregulated cutting cranes with an American from 400 apiece;
- Thermostats from 700 /pcs.
In the installation kit for bimetallic and aluminum radiators, as a rule there are 2 anchor brackets, if necessary, buy the right amount at a price of 50 r. per 1 piece.
Adjustable brackets are sometimes acquired to simplify adjustment, but their price starts from 380 r./PCS. As a rule, after installing 1–2 radiators, sufficient experience is gained so as not to buy expensive components.
The estimate of the involved specialists includes:
- the descent of water from the riser is from 500 to 2,000, depending on the region;
- replacement 1 battery according to a “simple” version from 1,500 per unit;
- replacement of a battery with threading or welding a burning of a burn on metal pipes from 2,500 for individual craftsmen or when paying in cash by the mechanic company, up to 4,000 during installation by specialized organizations.
When buying expensive radiators, it should be clarified under what conditions the manufacturer’s guarantee (seller) will apply. In some cases, an act of work performed from a licensed organization will be required.
Work on replacing heating radiators can sometimes require a special tool and skills plumbing. It is necessary to objectively evaluate your experience and, if doubt, contact specialists. Their services are much less than possible damage from leaks caused by errors during installation. If in a particular case there is an instrument at the disposal or simple work, radiators are changed on their own using tips from the article.