Table of selection of grates for meat grinders
In the early twentieth century, the first models of electric meat grinders appeared on the shelves of many stores. They were not just big, but very big, so they were not used in everyday life. It wasn’t until the mid-forties that electric models of meat grinders began to gradually replace manual household meat grinders. To be fair, it is worth noting that electric meat grinders could not completely replace mechanical kitchen meat grinders.
Not so long ago I had to explain why my meat grinder has many different grates and knives, how best to use them, what they are for. Today I’m going to talk about the cutting part of a meat grinder, and before I do, a few facts about the life of meat grinders.
- What grinder grating should be used to make mincemeat?? It all depends on what kind of stuffing you need, what consistency of minced meat. For example to make children’s sausages I use two grates. The first time I twist the meat on a universal grate, and the second time ready minced meat with the addition of the required fillers through the grinder with the smallest holes. And to make grilled chicken sausages I use a meat grinder grate with the largest holes, the minced meat turns out as not a coarse chop.
- If you have a question. why is my meat grinder not good at mincing?? Remember the last time you sharpened the knives of your multi-food grinder is the first thing to think about and secondly you may be using a grinder blade with holes too small for your product and lastly check how the grinder is set relative to the knives, they need to fit snugly together. Versatility is certainly good, but in my opinion and taste, for each product a different mesh size.
- If you have a new meat grinder of a well known company it doesn’t grind properly, in 99% of cases it is not assembled correctly.
- If you have looked at your grates and have a question about why the grates on your meat grinder are getting darker, you don’t need to worry. Depending on the quality of metal, all grates for meat grinders darken with time, some earlier and others later.
- You can sharpen the knives and process the grate of your meat grinder on your own, without the need for a handyman. For this you need to buy a sharpening kit. This kit includes two abrasive discs, one you put in place of the grate when you sharpen the meat grinder blade, and the other in place of the blades to work the grate of the meat grinder. The cost of such a kit is usually no more than 1 dollar.
Basic parts for the meat grinder
Mechanical and electric meat grinders have similar cutting parts, consisting of two parts:
What to do if the meat grinder knives are blunt Leave a reaction if the post was helpful
Materials for knives
The cutting surfaces of modern meat grinders are made of stainless steel, stainless steel or carbon steel tools.
Wear resistance of electric meat grinder blades is increased by coating with a special alloy that contains chromium and Cobalt with additives of tungsten or molybdenum. The alloy gives strength and durability to the part without sharpening.
Expensive self-sharpening knives of advanced tool steel are used in industrial mincers. They are quite expensive and are not economical to use in household appliances. A household meat grinder with a stainless steel cutting block will function properly for 1-2 years without replacement.
Types of cutters
The movable cutters for meat grinders vary:
Cutters for domestic mincers often have 4 blades. This number of blades is ideal for making minced meat patties and meatballs out of minced meat. The shape of the blades can be straight or curved. Blades with curved blades more easily cut wires, prevent them from winding on the screw, which facilitates the shaft operation and prolongs the service life of the device. Cutters with double-sided sharpening last longer than those with single-sided sharpening.
Cutters for industrial meat grinders differ not only in a wide variety of shapes and sizes of blades, but also in the way they are made: they are most often not stamped, but forged and self-sharpened. Number of blades vary from 2 to 8. Shape is straight, curved and sickle-shaped. Blades are often equipped with interchangeable blades.
Self-sharpening forged blades of tool steel can be selected for a household mincer, for this you need to know the size and configuration of the seating hole of the cutter, as well as the size of the blades.
Seating holes are shaped:
The size of the holes also vary, so you need to know the exact parameters of the seat of the appliance, for which the knife is selected.
The second part of the mincer’s chopping block is the grating or knife grid. The number of holes and sharpness of the cutting edge determines the performance of the machine and the quality of the resulting minced meat. Household appliances are most often equipped with three grids:
- A disc with holes 7-10 mm in diameter, which is used for making minced meat for home sausages. This grater is also used for grinding hard cheese and dried fruits.
- A universal disc with holes 4 to 6 mm in diameter. It is indispensable for mincing meat for chops, meatballs and balls.
- Grinder with fine holes with a diameter of 2.5 to 3 mm. Using this blade we make minced meat for baby food, pâté, meat soufflé, as well as stuffing for pies and pancakes.
Some mincers, more often industrial ones, have discs with two or three large holes. These grates are suitable for finely cutting meat, for example, for making beef stroganoff.
If your meat grinder is equipped with only one blade, it’s not a reason to be upset. It’s easy to pick up additional grates, knowing the size and configuration of the seat hole.
To buy all these parts you can following this link, in the warehouse in Kiev there is a large assortment.
At the warehouse the following components are available:
(Salvinox / Salvador) Screw 100040 to Unger (Com. 5 units)(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100002 for meat grinder, Enterprise mod.8 (four-finger)(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100003 for meat grinder, Enterprise mod.12 (four finger)(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100004 for meat grinder, Enterprise mod22(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100005 for meat grinder, Enterprise mod32(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100020 for meat grinder, Unger R/70(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100021 for mincer, Unger H/82(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100042 for mincer, Unger H/82(Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100023 for mincer, Unger B/98 (Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100027 for mincer, Unger H/82 (Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100028 for mincer, Unger B/98 (Salvinox / Salvador) Knife 100029 for mincer, Unger R/70 (three-finger) (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100220 for Enterpise 22 3mm meat grinder with central sleeve (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100260 for Enterpise 22 4,Grating 100265 for meat grinder Enterpise 22 6mm with central hub (Salvinox / Salvador) Grating 100280 for meat grinder Enterpise 22 12mm with central hub (Salvinox / Salvador) Grating 100300 for meat grinder Enterpise 22 “0” undercut (Salvinox / Salvador) Grating 103105 for meat grinder Enterpise 22, 4.5 mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103115 for meat grinder Enterpise 22, 6 mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103120 for meat grinder Enterpise 22, 8 mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103125 for meat grinder Enterpise 22, 10 mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103127 for meat grinder Enterpise 22, 12 mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103132 for meat grinder Enterpise 22, 14 mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103135 for Enterpise 22, 16 mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103140 for Enterpise 22, 18 mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103145 for Enterpise 22, 20mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100305 for Enterpise 32 3mm meat grinder with center sleeve(Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100315 for Enterpise 32 4,Grate 100325 for meat grinder Enterpise 32 6mm with center hub (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100335 for meat grinder Enterpise 32 8mm with center hub (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100345 for meat grinder Enterpise 32 12mm Grate 100355 for Enterpise 32 32 mm meat grinder with center sleeve (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100365 for Enterpise 32 20 mm meat grinder with center sleeve (Salvinox / Salvador) Change blade 100025 for meat grinder blades, R/70 (set. 9pcs)(Salvinox / Salvador) Change blade 100025 for mincer blade R/70 (set 9pcs)(Salvinox / Salvador). 9 pcs.)(Salvinox / Salvador) Change blade 100030 for mincer blade H/82 (set. 9 pcs.)(Salvinox / Salvador) Change blade 100033 for mincing knife B/98 (set. 9 pcs.)(Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 102115 for meat grinder Enterpise 8. 4,5mm(Salvvinox / Salvador) Grate 102120 for Enterpise 8 meat grinder. 6 mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 102135 for Enterpise 8 meat grinder. 12 mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 102145 for Enterpise 8 meat grinder. 16 mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100190 for Enterpise 12 3mm meat grinder with center sleeve (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100200 for Enterpise 12 4, Grate 100205 for meat grinder Enterpise 12 6mm with a central sleeve (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100215 for meat grinder Enterpise 12 8mm with a central sleeve (Salvinox / Salvador) / Salvador) Grate 100225 for meat grinder Enterpise 12 12mm with center sleeve (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100241 for meat grinder Enterpise 12 “0” trimmed (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103025 for meat grinder Enterpise 12 4, 5mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103035 for the meat grinder Enterpise 12 6mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103040 for the meat grinder Enterpise 12 8mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103058 for the meat grinder Enterpise 12,14mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103045 for the meat grinder Enterpise 12,10mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103052 for meat grinder Enterpise 12 12mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103060 for meat grinder Enterpise 12 16mm(Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 103070 for meat grinder Enterpise 12, 18mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 103075 for meat grinder Enterpise 12,20mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100960 for meat grinder, Unger B/98, 3mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100990 for meat grinder, Unger B/98, 4mm.Grating 101010 for Unger B/98, 6mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grating 101020 for Unger B/98, 8mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grating 101030 for Unger B/98, 10mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grating for meat grinder, Unger B/98, 12mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 101050 for meat grinder, Unger B/98, 16mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 101075 for meat grinder, Unger B/98, 0mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100530 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 2mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100550 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 3mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100580 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 4.5mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100600 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 6mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100610 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 8mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100620 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 10mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100625 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 12mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100635 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 14mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100640 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 16mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100650 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, 18mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100655 for meat grinder, Unger R/70, “0” (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100660 for mincer, Unger H/82, 2mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100680 for mincer, Unger H/82, 3mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100710 for mincer, Unger H/82, 4mm.5mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100730 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 6mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100740 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 8mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100750 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 10mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100755 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 12mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100765 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 14mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100770 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 16mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grid 100780 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 18mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100790 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, 20mm (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100797 for meat grinder, Unger H/82, “0” trimmed (Salvinox / Salvador) Grate 100795 for meat grinder, Grating 100797 for meat grinder Unger H/82, “0” trimming (Salvinox / Salvador) Blade 201278 for saw blade 1550x19x0,5 8208309000(Salvinox / Salvador) Blade 201442 for saw blade 2780x19x0,55(Salvinox / Salvador) Blade bladeBlade 201578 for band saw 1570x16x0,5(Salvinox / Salvador) Blade 201368 for band saw 1830x19x0,5(Salvinox / Salvador) Blade 201610 for band saw, 1650x16x0.5, 4TPI(Salvinox / Salvador) Blade blade 201310 for band saw, 1650x19x0.5, 4TPI(Salvinox / Salvador) Blade Blade 200559 for band saw, 2400x16x0.5, 4TPI
Knife shapes and their effect on cutting
The shape of the blade is also very important. The edge shifted forward from the vertical axis indicates that the knife will cut by sliding. In this case the efficiency of shredding is low.
Library bookcases for the living room are available here
The advantages of such a knife include the fact that the processed products will not remain on the walls of the working chamber, the section of the chamber is not narrowed. The meat grinder will not require frequent disassembly and cleaning.
Modern manufacturers of mincers equip them with knives with a saber-like edge. These blades glide much better than the others, making for a better cut.
How many blades and of what size?
The electric meat grinder is equipped with knives that can have from two to six blades with a cutting edge. The most common options are four-blade knives.
Six-blade are used in meat grinders that are located in factories or large supermarkets, where the amount of minced meat produced per day is not one kilogram.
The number of beams on the blade will determine the type of meat. large or small pieces. For big pieces of meat a two-blade knife is used, but for small pieces of meat you will need a four-blade knife.
Auxiliary parts of the meat grinder
Modern models of meat grinders are equipped with additional elements that allow them to work not only with meat, but also with other products.
Now with the help of a meat grinder you can make juice, for this you need to use a special screw.
The inventors didn’t stop there, and with the help of special grates it is now possible to regulate the saturation of freshly squeezed juices with pulp.
Salad in five minutes is no longer a matter of fiction: knives and chopping attachments will allow housewives to save time on cooking.
The meat grinder can be used to make home-made sausages or cookies.
Setting the mincer on the surface
While the electric mincer is not difficult to set up, the mechanical “brother” is more demanding in this matter. For fixation, this type has a special grip with a screw holder at the tail end. For a stable position, place the appliance on the foot at the edge of the table and screw in the holder until it stops.
If the surface is smooth and the holder of the multi-food grinder is not rubberized, a piece of textile or rubber should be used as a gasket to prevent the device from shifting during cooking.
How to insert a knife into an electric meat grinder
Despite the stark difference between the electric grinder and its mechanical counterpart, careful assembly is important for proper operation.
To start working with an electric meat grinder is necessary:
- Insert the auger into the body up to the stop and make several counterclockwise rotational motions. You hear a “click” to confirm operation.
- As in the previous case, a knife is put on the shaft, taking into account the same nuances.
- The grate is fixed with the nut, and the mechanism is ready to work.
Depending on the manufacturer, the assembly of each type of electric multi-food grinder may be complicated by certain parts. Therefore, to find out how to correctly insert a knife into a meat grinder of a particular type, you need to refer to the manual of this equipment.
Plugging in the network is possible only after the complete assembly of the machine and the reliable fixing of all its parts.
Delicious and healthy meals on weekdays and holidays
With the exact observance of all the described actions, the user is able to quickly and without problems to grind meat and other products. to obtain high-quality mince for the preparation of various dishes of the cuisine of the peoples of the world.
If you have any problems, you just need to carefully re-read the “instructions”, pay attention to the most difficult items and to redo each step laboriously, achieving the desired result. flawless operation of the machine.
Mother of two children. I have been a homemaker for more than 7 years, which is my main job. I like to experiment, I’m constantly trying different tools, methods, techniques that can make our lives easier, more modern, richer. I love my family.
Which shape to choose??
Do not believe the sellers, who are frothing at the mouth trying to sell you a grass trimmer blade of some exotic shape, with dozens of blades. Experienced gardeners say that the shape and size of the blades almost does not affect anything. The number is important only if you make hay. If you have four or more blades, you get grassy cuts.
It is believed that for haymaking, the knife for the Patriot grass trimmer, equipped with several small teeth (it is almost round) is best suited. If you want to deal with an area that is completely overgrown with weeds, and the power of your tool is not too great, it is better to buy peorized knives made of hardened steel. They are very light, but they cut just fine.
By the way, a good knife for STIHL grass trimmer with similar characteristics can not only remove dry and tough grass from the site, but also deal with small trees that have managed to grow out for a couple of years. Note that for such outstanding results you need to buy consumables only at specialized stores, because a knife made of bad Chinese steel can lead to very unpleasant consequences.
When assembling the meat grinder, make sure all components are clean and dry. Failure to follow these simple rules can reduce the performance of the mechanism
When assembling the meat grinder, make sure all components are clean and dry. Failure to follow these simple rules can reduce the performance of the mechanism
There are three holes in the body of the meat grinder, namely:
- The meat collector, in which food is loaded for processing;
- Rear auger shaft outlet designed for the handle;
- The front outlet, where the knife and grid are fixed.
To prevent the handle from slipping during operation, manufacturers supply it with a special nut. At the bottom of the body is complemented by a device, with which the meat grinder is firmly attached to the table to work. Thanks to the special attachment, the meat grinder will stand very firmly on the surface of the table, and will not move during operation.
Before you begin to assemble the manual meat grinder step by step, you need to study the device of the device, which consists of:
Consultant in a furniture store. 5 years of experience.
To assemble the mechanical multi-food grinder, you must first lay out all the parts on the table. First, take the metal body and insert the auger shaft into it, so that its larger edge comes out into the narrow opening of the meat grinder.
Attach the handle to it and tighten it tightly with the nut. If there is no nut in the kit, then the handle should be installed in the last place.
The smaller side of the auger must be in the area of the wide circular hole. It is long enough to hold the two parts. Initially, you need to put the knife on.
This is considered one of the most important steps in assembling the meat grinder, because you need to know which side to insert the knife, otherwise the meat grinder will not work.
The blade has a flat part on one side and a slightly convex part on the other side. It must be installed so that the flat side was on the front side of the grinder and was clearly visible, and the convex side was located inside the auger.
The disc-shaped blade must be fitted with its cutting edges facing outwards. It is important to use only the knives that came with the multi-food grinder, as others may not work properly.
Then on the end of the auger to put the grate, which has several tendrils, and on the wide opening of the meat grinder body hollows, which must necessarily coincide with each other. Once all the mesh is assembled, mount the clamping nut and screw it on.
Installation is carried out so that the nut stands flat and firmly into the thread. The scheme of assembling the design of the meat grinder step by step will help to determine how to assemble the device correctly and prepare it for work.
Assembling the manual meat grinder
A light excursus on the structural features of the meat grinder of the mechanical type will be useful to every housewife who has not encountered its assembly.
So, you can carry out the assembly of the manual meat grinder, taking into account the design of the device and the order of action:
- The base of the meat grinder is its housing. You need to take the auger and insert it into this housing. Here you need to act carefully, without mixing up the thin and thickened end of the shaft. The last one must go out the back of the body to the handle. As a rule, the thread is only at one end. at the back, where the handle of the mincer, which is fastened with a special screw, is still attached.
- Knifeinsert solely with the blade facing outwards. The edges of the blade will be in contact with the grid during operation so that the blade can be sharpened. Thanks to this design feature, the meat grinder not only quickly and efficiently copes with the work, but does not require finishing blades.
- Mesh. This element can be installed by any side, but it is better to have it towards the knife. In this case, the operation of the device will be even more convenient and efficient. When putting on the mesh, place the small notch on the mesh surface on the special protuberance on the body of the multi-food grinder to make the element fit as snugly as possible.
- Retraction ringThe knife is put on too tightly, because it will require a lot of effort to rotate the handle and it will not affect the efficiency of processing meat products anyway. It is not necessary to put it on too tightly, because you will have to exert much effort to rotate the handle, and it will not affect the efficiency of meat products processing in any way, but the grid and the knife will wear out much faster.
To attach such a meat grinder to the work surface (table or stool), you need to use the foot. it screws the device tightly. To keep the meat grinder immovable, you can put a flap of soft cloth in the gap between the table top and the foot.
How to make a sausage nozzle from a plastic bottle
If you do not have a special nozzle for making sausages, you can make it yourself.
It takes a few minutes to make such a nozzle:
- Cut off the cylindrical part of the bottle from the neck.
- Put the mesh inside and set it perpendicular to the longitudinal axis of the bottle.
- Use a marker to mark the contact point between the wire mesh and the bottle.
- Use scissors to cut the bottle along the line.
To make thin sausages, a 20ml syringe is inserted inside the bottle with the end cut off.
To make this device, any plastic bottle will do, but it is better to choose one with a long thin neck. This makes it easier to put the gut on it.
Sausage nozzle from a plastic bottle
How to put on a meat grinder
The attachment is put on and used in the same way as a conventional device:
- Unscrew the nut that fastens the grate.
- Insert a bottle neck inside it.
- Screw the nut in place without using physical force.
All kinds of sausages can be made with this appliance, including smoked and dry sausages. The caloric value of raw smoked sausage is high enough to replace heavier stews and perishable cooked sausage.
Homemade sausage nozzle from a bottle
How to sharpen meat grinder grating knife in five minutes.
Existing types and design features of meat grinders
In today’s stores you can find a huge number of meat grinder models. All of them can be divided into two types: electric and manual. Together with the appliances manufacturer supplies additional parts (nozzles and knives), which increases their functionality.
Attention! On our site worked the kitchen constructor. To get acquainted with it and design your dream kitchen you can absolutely free of charge! The closet builder may also come in handy.
Electric models have gained popularity among users. No physical effort is needed for the final product, just press the start button and push the meat or vegetables into the special funnel.
Most modern housewives prefer to buy electric meat grinders in the kitchen, considering the manual version a relic of the past. In fact, these devices are reliable and easy to use, they actually do not break. One part that can fail is the knife, but it can be easily sharpened. The body of manual devices is made of stainless steel, aluminum or cast iron.
Manual meat grinders are notable for their ease of use. At the same time, electric models give the opportunity to choose the desired grinding speed or reverse stroke. A variety of attachments allows you to create additional products.
The hand-held grinder consists of the following elements:
- steel body with special fasteners to install the device on different types of surfaces;
- screw auger;
- cross-shaped or circular knife (used for chopping food);
- tightening metal ring;
- handle (fixed on the device with a special screw);
- round grates with holes and a slot for fixation on the body.
Manual models are fastened to the surface with a special foot. For final positioning, a captive screw is used. Devices with a plastic foot securely fastened to the surface. When installing metal items, a piece of soft cloth is placed under the foot to prevent the device from sliding on the surface.
- plastic body;
- electric motor;
- removable meat ejector;
- convenient plastic pusher;
- knurled plastic rod (this element is installed on the auger for a secure fixation);
- convex-shaped metal blade.
Unlike manual models, there are no feet. The wide platform with several rubber pads ensures the stability of the device.
Assembly and operation of the manual meat grinder
Before you start the basic work, you need to thoroughly clean all the component parts. Carrying out such actions will increase the period of operation of the device. Moisture and food debris will cause the blade to rust.
How to assemble the manual multi-food grinder correctly
Now let’s learn how to assemble a manual meat grinder step by step:
- Take the auger and insert it into the body. The wide part of this device should be near the handle, the narrow. in the place where the knife is fixed.
- Insert the handle into the shoulder of the auger and fix its position with a special screw.
- In the other part of the auger install a cross-shaped knife, its flat part must face outward. Disk-type cutting element should touch the grate with its edges.
- After the knife is installed, put on the metal circular grid (protrusions on the body and the grid should coincide).
At the final stage of work, we screw in the fixing round nut and check the performance of the equipment by several rotations of the handle.
How to correctly place the knife in the meat grinder
Earlier we looked at the process of assembling a manual meat grinder. Now let’s learn how to properly insert the knife into the meat grinder. In stores you can find two basic types of knives, with a single-sided or double-sided blade. When the auger is installed, the part with a single-sided blade is fixed on the device in such a way that the cutting part slides on the surface of the grate. If not properly fastened, meat or other foods will be crumpled but not chopped. Elements with a double-sided blade install either side.
How to use the manual meat grinder
The device under consideration has a manual drive. The principle of its operation is based on the pressure created by the screw. Meat from the hopper falls on the auger, which presses the product to the body and moves it towards the outlet. When moving along the shaft, some of the meat gets under the knife, which cuts small fragments from a piece and pushes the product through the grate into the container underneath.
Raw material is being ground continuously with the rotation of the knob. If the user wants to get a fine minced meat, it is recommended to use grates with small holes or pass the product through the mincer again. If large pieces of meat get jammed or the product jams, turn the handle in the opposite direction.
The cause of malfunctioning of the appliance is most often the wrapping of films from the meat on the cutting part. In this case it is necessary to disassemble the mincing machine, clean the knife from sticky parts and reassemble it. It is recommended to disassemble the device after each chopping of meat or other products. This will increase the life of the appliance.
How to unscrew the meat grinder
There are cases when it is very difficult to unscrew the clamping washer of the multi-food grinder. This happens due to bluntness of the blade, which leads to accumulation of meat near the cutting part. In such a situation, do the following:
- Turn the device upside down and place it in a container of hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Take a small hammer and make light knocks in the center of the grid, and also on the ribs of the jam nut.
- Unscrew the part, after the manipulation it should yield quickly.
If there is a helper nearby you can try unscrewing the meat grinder with two. In this case, one person holds the device, and the other conducts unscrewing.
Recommendations for working with knives for the meat grinder, which will keep the technique in good condition for a long time:
- Buying a good meat grinder will save you from frequent sharpening and replacement of cutting parts. Before buying the blade, ask whether the set includes tools for sharpening.
- Rinse disk holes thoroughly so no food particles remain in them.
- Wipe the mincer dry to prevent rusting.
- Lubricate with petroleum jelly oil after drying and reassemble the instrument at once.
- Keep the appliance away from damp.
- Sharpen knives at the first signs of blunting.
- Wear protective gloves when handling knives.
- To avoid fine scratches on the metal during sharpening, it is recommended to oil the blades with vegetable oil (do the same with the sharpening tool). Wait 5 minutes and then start the sharpening procedure. A lightly abrasive paste will form between the knives and the sharpening surface to prevent scratching.
- Do not get caught up in the sharpening process and periodically review the knife blades. When they shine, stop.
- After sharpening, immediately check the grinder in use.
- How to check the degree of fit of the blades? Put them together and look: ideally, there should be no gaps.
The multi-food grinder is indispensable for preparing certain dishes such as minced meat and other dishes. Keep your technique in working order, because it is easier to machine a slightly dull knife than to sharpen rusty blades with deep dents. Let these tips help get your mincing knives back to their former sharpness.
angle grinder and grinding wheel
When using an angle grinder, be sure to follow safety precautions and techniques. Beforehand, grease the blade with sunflower oil and wear gloves
To work, put the cutting part on the pin and secure it, then sharpen the blade with an angle grinder at right angles.
And to avoid overheating the knife, take periodic breaks. To increase the efficiency and safety of the procedure, you can use additional Velcro tips for the angle grinder.
Using an abrasive disc or sharpening wheel requires skill and experience, as well as the observance of safety precautions. Wear protective gloves, remove cutting objects and lubricate with sunflower oil before the procedure. Then start the wheel and press the blade against the rotating disk. Take periodic breaks to allow the metal to cool.