How to load a dishwasher
Find out how to load a dishwasher correctly to achieve the best results. From our recommendations, you can learn about all aspects of using the dishwasher, including preparation of dishes, preventing overload and optimal placement inside the machine.
Neither a high.tech dishwasher, nor a powerful detergent can guarantee you an impeccable result if you do not load dishes into the dishwasher incorrectly.
Fortunately, to learn how to load a dishwasher is easy, just adhere to some recommendations. Our simple tips will help this:
Do I need to rinse the dishes before laying it in a dishwasher? Thanks to rinsing, any utensils are better laundered. But then the question arises: why spend money on PMM, if you have to remove the unfinished food, lay out plates correctly, and even pre.rinse it? If you load the plates immediately after eating, then you don’t have to do anything, they will wash off perfectly. But if the food has dried up, then the plates and bowls should be rinsed before loading into the hopper.
That you can not wash in a dishwasher
In a dishwasher, you can wash almost everything. from fragile glass glasses to pans and bold. But from any rule there is an exception: you can wash some objects in the machine only once. the first and last. Not every material is able to withstand a long stay in water, high temperature, exposure to aggressive chemicals, forced drying with hot air.
We will figure out what dishes cannot be washed in a dishwasher, especially if the latter has a limited selection of washing modes.
If you do not plan to send your favorite rolling pin or wooden spoon to the landfill in the near future, refrain from washing them in a dishwasher. The result of this action is predictable. With prolonged contact with water, the wood has the ability to swell. the fibers, burning with moisture, increase in size.
How to Load A Dishwasher! (Clean My Space)
Subsequent drying leads to a sharp compressing of wood fibers and, as a result of this, to the rupture of a strong connection between them. As a result, the wooden object is deformed, its surface becomes rough, cracks appear, in a word the product loses the form.
We hasten to promote those who believe that in a short time the dishes in the cell of the dishwasher, nothing terrible will have time to happen. In fact, the tree begins to swell, laying in cold water for only 30-40 minutes. What can we say about the hot water, in which the detergent is still dissolved What do you think will happen to your wooden bowls, spoons, cutting boards, rolling ropes, blades for pancakes that will be in such conditions for 2-3 hours?
You can wash plastic in the dishwasher, but with one reservation. it should be thermo.resistant (in this case there is an icon allowing automatic washing).
However, it is undesirable to place dishes even from heat.resistant plastic in the lower basket, t.e. near the heating element. In no case should disposable plastic cups, plates, spoons and plugs in the car chamber.
Separately, I must say a few words about the vacuum dishes. Plastic containers, from under the covers of which you can pump out air, creating a vacuum inside, also can not be put in a dishwasher. Even a slight deformation of plastic as a result of exposure to high temperatures on it will lead to vacuum dishes will lose tightness, and air will penetrate into it.
Do not automatically wash the products from the Faor, especially the thin. Under the influence of hot water, Faoim can quite quickly be covered with a net of small cracks, completely destructive for this material turbine. In addition, after several sinks, a painting that is not protected by a layer of varnish will fade. If you still decide to send Faor products to the dishwasher, select the “Delicate Sink” mode with a low temperature and a short cycle.
Crystal also does not belong to “amateurs” to take hot baths. He is afraid not so much of high temperatures as their differences. As in the case of Faor, for crystal, the mode “Delicate washing” is recommended. It is better to wash especially valuable specimens manually.
Noble and illegal metals
Automatic washing is contraindicated from some metals. For example, you should not load silver cutlery into the dishwasher: silver blackens from contact with some other metals (stainless steel is especially dangerous for it, from which the internal walls of the camera are made).
Under the influence of detergents, the surface of silver products, brass, tin, bronze fades, and it is very difficult to achieve the original shine.
Poorly tolerates prolonged exposure to hot water and detergent and copper: under such aggressive conditions, copper objects, as a rule, darken and lose their form.
Aluminum is a chemically very active metal, although in ordinary life we do not even notice this thanks to the protective oxide film on its surface. However, this film is sometimes not able to protect from exposure to a detergent solution in hot water: having been in a dishwasher, aluminum products often acquire a dark gray coating.
After the second or third, the sink in the dishwasher will be covered with a corrosion plaque and will lose the appearance and cast-iron dishes.
There is nothing to do in a dishwasher to sharp kitchen knives. Professionals wash their knives under a stream of cool water, because otherwise they will quickly dull. If you practice washing kitchen knives in a dishwasher, then you will have to sharpen them almost every day.
Do not put unglazed clay dishes and art products in the dishwasher: clay microparticles will quickly clog filters.
If the manufacturer of your thermos or thermal circle did not provide its products with an icon allowing machine sink, you will have to draw a gloss manually. Plastic items, individual elements of which are connected by glue, also does not place in the dishwasher.
As we could, we tried to answer the question of which dishes cannot be washed in a dishwasher. Of course, a complete list of “prohibited” items and materials is much wider. But, we hope, you understand the principle and, therefore, do not make fatal mistakes.
Rules for using a dishwasher
There are a number of rules on which the uninterrupted operation of the kitchen equipment depends. They are indicated in the instructions for the dishwasher for operation. To achieve the best quality of washing, it is enough to adhere to such recommendations:
- Before the placement of the next portion of dishes in the washing unit, completely clean it from the residues of the dishes.
- The most polluted plates, pots and pans are placed in the lower zone, and small products made of glass and ceramics in the upper.
- Knives, forks and spoons should be loaded into a special tray, alternating them with each other. Cutting objects are placed in a sharp edge up.
- The dishes should be installed tightly in special racks. Cups and bowls are installed upside down so that they rotate freely and washed from all sides.
- The machine should be loaded completely. If dirty dishes are accumulated in a small amount, it will need to be installed in the working chamber with a door closed and wait for the full load. You can also establish a mode of economical washing, in which the consumption of electric energy and detergent will be minimal.
- After each cleaning cycle, you need to process filters with a special composition and wipe them with a damp sponge. You also need to monitor the purity of the internal details and walls of the camera, regularly getting rid of scrap and blockages.
Advanced models of dish allowed the dishes already in the process of washing. However, processing wooden boards for cutting or food containers without marking is not recommended.
How to turn on the dishwasher and select the program
When going to wash the kitchen utensils in the dishwasher, it is necessary to take into account all the rules for its first launch and the choice of the program. Manufacturers such as Bosch (Bosch) and Electrolux insist on the importance of test inclusion, claiming that it affects the stability of the unit in the future. Another “idle” start is needed due to the following reasons:
- It is necessary to get rid of lubricants, dust and garbage, which could get inside during transportation or at the factory.
- The quality of the installation of the machine, the intensity of the water supply, the degree of its heating and the course of the process of work should be assessed.
- The first launch allows you to determine and eliminate the malfunctions until the dishes are loaded, which will save you from time-consuming unloading due to any error.
Before opening a dishwasher for first operation, it is important to get acquainted with the degree of stiffness of water in the region where work is done. Bosch machine users are deprived of this requirement, since the manufacturer sets test strips in the devices to determine stiffness. It is enough to immerse a paper strip with reagents in the water for a couple of seconds, and then make sure that the obtained values correspond to the table.
The inclusion process is quite simple and consists of the following stages:
- Pull the machine door to yourself to gain access to the interior.
- Studge the lower basket to get to the lid that separates the tank with salt to soften water.
- Remove the lid and pour water with special salt.
- Set the lid in place, and remove drops of water that could get on the surface, remove with a rag.
- Select salt consumption in the corresponding menu. The exact value depends on the level of water hardness.
The water for the tank with salt is poured only at the first launch. Salt additive is made using a watering can, which should be included. If it is absent, you can use a simple cup. Salt falls asleep until it becomes visible through the pouring hole.
Depending on the model, the modes in the dishwasher may differ. In most cases, the following options are found:
- Soaking or preliminary sink. Allows you to soak the sunbathing or attached food residues or pour water to the launch of the main program. This regime allows you to rinse the utensils before serving.
- High intensity sink. Allows you to get rid of persistent pollution and is performed at a temperature of 65-70 ° C.
- Standard (normal) sink. Intended to combat contamination of medium and high resistance. Used more often other modes.
- Eco-musical. Suitable for any type of pollution. It is also characterized by an economical consumption of electric energy, fluid and detergents. In this mode, washing products from Faor and Fayan is allowed.
- Delicate sink. It is used in the processing of fragile objects of glass, faora or crystal. The chosen temperature regime is the most sparing. 45 ° C, so it does not allow you to get rid of fatty contaminants.
- Quick wash. 2 times shorter than the standard cycle and is performed at a temperature of 55 ° C. Cannot cope with dried up products.
Choosing a work program
There are a lot of variations of operating modes of operation, depending on the model of the machine. Options:
- normal (standard);
- IVF (economical);
- preliminary rinsing;
The normal mode is designed for moderately contaminated dishes. The duration of such a washing process will be about 1-2 hours at a working temperature of 60 ± 5 degrees.
An economical program is used for slightly contaminated dishes and save you two resources: water and electricity. Only this will happen as many as 2 hours at 50 degrees Celsius.
With severe pollution, dried up and burnt food containing starch and protein, an intensive program saves, where the temperature rises to the level of 70-80ºС.
Delicate mode is suitable for table.glass tables. The parameters of this process: sparing temperature 30-40 degrees and fast washing for 20-30 minutes.
Finally, I will dwell on some recommendations that are not directly related to loading, but extremely important for the effective operation of the machine:
- Do not add too much detergent to the car. This will lead to excessive foam formation, and washing will automatically stop.
- Some cars have two tanks for detergents. First you need to fill out the one on the door. The second container is needed only in cases where some dirt remained after the first washing.
- First fill the tank that is located on the door. It should open after the dishwasher finishes preliminary rinsing to soften the dirt.
- Only a detergent, rinseum and salt are used in the typewriter. Each manufacturer of dishwashers describes in detail how and in what doses to use them.
Check before starting
Having distributed the dishes, make sure that there is enough space for twisting the upper sprayer-there should be at least 3-5 centimeters to the highest object.
How to Load the Dishwasher Properly
Also, nothing should interfere with the opening of the dispenser cover and fall out of it a tablet or washing powder. do not put any high objects in the lower tier at the door.
Tips for loading the dishwasher
By laying the dishes in the dishwasher according to all the rules, the question arises how much dishes can be washed in one cycle. The manufacturer indicates the instructions in the number of sets. Small cars contain up to 6 sets, narrow up to 11 and full.size up to 17 sets of dishes.
However, the sets are not in quantity, but in the size of the plates can be different. In addition, some can only use plates for soup and salad and not use saucers. Therefore, loading the machine in different families may vary. We propose to adhere to several more rules for placing dishes in the dishwasher:
- Do not load the car with the dishes to the maximum, a larger clearance between objects will allow you to wash the products better, and even more so do not overload the machine;
- Before laying some object in the dishwasher, make sure that it can be washed in it, especially for products of plastic, fragile glass of glass and crystal;
- Place objects so that they do not touch each other;
- If possible, wash pans and pots separately from plates, mugs and glasses;
- You can not wash wood from wood in a dishwasher;
- If you prefer to collect all the dishes in a day, then it is better to immediately place dirty plates in the typewriter, they will not dry out in it and then they will wash it easier.
So, it is not so difficult to properly arrange dishes in the compartments of the dishwasher. After several sink cycles, you will do it automatically. We hope our article will help you deal with this, you can also watch this interesting video.
A huge selection of detergents presented on the market leads to the confusion of many housewives. How to choose what to put in your own dishwasher in order to get a good result and at the same time not overpay for the brand?
The ideal means does not exist. Each detergent has its own advantages and disadvantages.
It is also worth considering that each user has his own preferences. It is more convenient to use tablets, and other powders or gels. The optimal composition will have to choose the method of trial and error.
When choosing, you need to take into account several parameters:
- price. It is clear that the cheapest tablets and gels are unlikely to be the best. But you should not chase the most expensive detergents. In the average price segment, there are many funds that cope with pollution no worse than more expensive analogues. You need to proceed from your own budget. It makes no sense to buy a detergent with the highest price tag, and then save dirty dishes for weeks in order to save. As an option, you can buy two different compounds. Budget. for weak pollution, and better. for intensive washing;
- security. Any detergent includes harmful chemical elements. They can damage not only health, but also the dishes itself. Therefore, you need to pay attention to the label and recommendations for use;
- reviews. Focus on the Комментарии и мнения владельцев found on the Internet, you need to be careful. They can be “purchased” by both manufacturers and competitors. It is better to listen to the reviews of real acquaintances. Their opinion will be more reliable;
- brand. Eminent manufacturers monitor their own reputation and market news. It cannot be guaranteed that the most popular product will be the best, but it will definitely not be worst;
- Type of means. If the hostess is inconvenient to use the powder for washing or manual washing dishes, then it is naive to hope that this type of detergent will arrange it as a filler for PMM;
- compound. There are “clean” products and a variety of “3 in 1”. Up to a dozen various components (rinses, softeners, etc. may include one tablet.P.). This does not mean at all that the combined detergent will be better than “pure”. convenient and cheaper. yes, but the best result is usually given by different products purchased separately.
In parallel with dishes, three types of household chemicals are loaded into the machine:
- Salt to soften water. It is necessary to prevent the formation of scale. Some detergents additionally include softeners, but they are quite weak. Given the quality of tap water, salt should not be neglected with salt. In rare cases, it can be replaced by a conventional sodium. But this life hack should not abuse. Since it softens the water not as much as necessary;
- Detergent. It can be in the form of powder, tablets or gel. The most budget option is powder. But he can leave microzarapins on a fragile bowl. Gels in this regard more gentle and practical. But the most popular among buyers are tablets. They are practical and convenient, and a large selection of such drugs allows you to choose the best option for any wallet;
- Rinserticator. This component is necessary in order to remove the remnants of aggressive chemistry from dishes. In addition, the rinser gives glasses, glasses and plates more shine and radiance. Tenzids that make up the composition allow water to slide from dishes easier. Therefore, at the end of the cycle, it comes out more dry.
As for the consumption of these funds, it all depends on the trademark of the detergent and the PMM brand. It should be borne in mind that often manufacturers of household chemicals overstate consumption in the instructions so that buyers often purchase goods.
With pills, everything is simple. you can download, either kiss or half. With the rest of the detergents, you will have to experiment, choosing the best option.
Some PMM models know how to dose salt and rinser. In this case, these compartments are filled almost completely, and the machine is programmed for the dosage indicated in the instructions.
Proper loading of cutlery
I understand how to properly load the dishes into the dishwasher, you need to devote separate attention to the tray with cutlery. Although everything seems simple here, but from the wrong arrangement, the result may be deplorable. The general rule says that objects are set vertically, which is the best for water access and removal of food residues. But there are nuances here.
For example, knives are advised to put with blades down, so as not to get hurt when they are removed. Forks and spoons place the working part to the top, so that the water is better doused. In this case, you need to ensure that the spoons do not stick together, otherwise they will remain dirty.
Little lords, spatulas for frying and noise can not fit in an upright position without interfering with sprayers, so it is allowed to put them under a strong slope. The ladle is always the top of the legs.
As a conclusion, it is worth noting that the dishwasher washed the dishes efficiently, the consumer should know how to properly arrange the dishes in the dishwasher.
Site editor.in.chief. I understand the topic of equipment, 10 years of experience in large retail chains. The team of the Technician team is written on the team and expert materials. There are many third.party authors on the site, but I am responsible for the reliability of information in the collections.