With whom to agree the work
Before you move the towel dryer, you need to decide on the principle of water heating. If the design uses a coil with electric heating, then coordination of work is not required (the heater is not connected to the water lines). A power cable with an automatic fuse is laid to the place of installation, and the safety rules are observed during installation. If the heater is connected to a hot water or heating pipe, you need to get approval for the transfer from the management company.
A list of documents required for registration of permission:
- Document certifying the identity of the applicant;
- Certificate confirming the right of ownership;
- Free-form application, which specifies a list of works;
- Technical passport of the apartment;
- The conclusion of the expert commission, confirming the possibility of redevelopment.
Technical passport of the apartment.
Opinion to relocate the riser pipe is issued by employees of the housing inspection on the basis of the apartment redevelopment project. In a number of settlements, the documents are issued by the management company on the basis of the owner’s application. The legalized procedure for moving the water towel dryer removes the risks associated with the disruption of normal operation of the heating system or hot water supply from the owner of the apartment.
Tips for installing pipes
To work passed without any difficulties, use the recommendations from the masters:
- If possible, use a horizontal pipe layout, as it gives the least pressure to the heating system.
- In order to avoid accidents, it is necessary to cut the jumper-cock of the hinged type to the beginning of the entrance to the towel dryer.
- Before buying pipes and towel rails, make sure that the goods have quality certificates, as well as a warranty card.
- Consider in advance where the washing machine will be installed.
- Height of installation of a U-shaped (M-shaped) or ladder-type towel dryer, should be not less than 95 cm from the floor. Building codes recommend to keep the distance of 60 cm to the nearest technical equipment.
- Pay attention to the cross-section and diameter of the pipe. They must be the same size as installed before. If you have an old-style house, you may have some type of pipe is no longer produced. The issue of mismatching, can be solved by using tees and adapters.
This is interesting: The stages of liquidation of a legal entity
The price of consumables depends primarily on the quality of raw materials from which they are made. Steel pipes are much more expensive than plastic ones, which is due to their durability and long service life.
But if you install a heating system in a private home, it is better to use plastic pipes. they are lighter, easier to install and repair, they are interchangeable and have a budget price.
The documentation, attached to the towel radiator, should indicate the results of testing and expertise. The stability of the equipment under the combination of high temperature and pressure must be documented.
Finishing work is performed after the start-up and testing of the entire heating system. In the case of a positive result, the parties shall sign the Act of Acceptance of Completed Works. One copy stays with the customer, and the other with the contractor.
Watch the video, in which the expert clearly explains how to perform the transfer of the towel radiator to another wall in the bathroom:
How to connect the towel radiator?
Step-by-step scheme of installation and connection of a water towel dryer with a ladder (round profile)
There are only two ways to connect a towel rail in a “hruschevka”:
Towel rails, which were installed in “Khrushchevka” when they were built, are part of the centralized heating system. The disadvantage of such connection is that such equipment operates only during the heating period.
Connection to the hot water system will ensure the permanent operation of the towel radiator, but will require a thoughtful approach to the removal of the old one during the dismantling of the old one, to eliminate the consequences of the formed break in the heating pipes.
Scheme 1 lateral and diagonal connection, unconstrained and unshifted bypass.
The most effective connection for the vast majority of DC (exceptions will be added later). with the coolant supply at the top and the release of coolant from the bottom. This can be achieved by using a lateral or diagonal connection with an unconstrained and unbiased bypass.
Connection of the ladder PS working on the natural circulation, without narrowing and without offsetting the bypass. Lateral connection.
Connection of a ladder PS working on the natural circulation, without narrowing and without offsetting the bypass. Diagonal connection.
The schemes are equivalent, the diagonal version has practically no advantages over the side one.
This wiring diagram is the most universal:
- Works in any flow direction in the riser.
- Completely independent of the circulation rate in the riser pipe.
- No need to bleed the water supply after the water supply has been switched off.
- Distance from the riser pipe. arbitrarily large.
- The lower riser outlet should be below the point of connection to the PS, and the upper riser outlet. above the point of connection to the PS.
- Slope of supply pipes must be respected (direction shown on drawing). For certainty you can take a difference of 3 30 mm per meter. is better. At small distances from the riser (a couple of meters) and a large diameter of the supply pipes (PPP 32mm) is allowed strictly horizontal.
- There should be no “humps” (absolutely unacceptable, otherwise air will accumulate in them and circulation will stop) or dips in the horizontal routes (allowed only within small limits, deep “pits” will serve as “s” for blowing air).
- At the bottom flow between the branches should definitely not be any narrowing! It will prevent the PS up to complete inoperability! At the top flow is allowed in the extreme case of narrowing the bypass by 1 step of the riser diameter (this option we will consider in detail below), but for the PS operation it is not required.
- Diameter pipes to maximize the circulation. preferably not less than DN20 (3/4″ for steel, 25mm for a good reinforced PRP), ball valves. at least 3/4″. Practical maximum distance of the substation from the riser pipe when using a plastic pipe with a diameter of 25 mm is about 4.5 meters.
- It is highly desirable to place the supply pipes in thermal insulation. In addition to the fact that it is mandatory in the monolithing of any plastic pipes (provides mechanical protection and compensation for thermal expansion), such insulation can improve the performance of the PS in certain cases (sagging pipes or “pits” in them).
It is strictly forbidden to install any valves on the bypass. it is vandalism and sabotage to themselves and their neighbors. Overlapping or excessive narrowing of the bypass:
- a) Slows down circulation in the entire riser pipe (the temperature of hot water from the points of water intake in the apartments decreases).
- b) Radically worsens the water pressure in all apartments located further in the flow direction. And with a certain location of the hot water bypass, the vandal itself. By narrowing the bypass by one pipe size, the flow capacity is roughly halved.
- c) Does not appreciably improve the efficiency of the given scheme, and in case of lower supply even on the contrary. interferes with the PS operation.
Transferring the construction as a design solution
The world is gradually more inclined to minimalism, and therefore more and more popular small and neat models.
Such a device has a lot of advantages:
- Great look;
- Takes up little space in the bathroom;
- Costs less;
- Because of its small size, it will be just as hot when the pressure of hot water is low
Of the disadvantages, it is worth noting that such a device is not suitable for all baths. For bathtubs of large size, such a unit will be incommensurably small.
There are companies that produce towel rails to order. You can order a design service, and make a device to your sketch, the required dimensions and color. It will fit neatly into the bathroom interior. Colored models look good in the bathroom, the interior of which has a bright color scheme.
For standard bathrooms, a stainless steel model is better suited.
The best place for installation is above the washing machine. According to SNiP rules, the distance from the household appliance to the plumbing equipment should not be less than 60 centimeters.
Types of towel heaters and their advantages
Let’s specify that there are several types of towel dryers, each of them has advantages, but they are not without some disadvantages.
- Standard water. works when connected to the hot water supply of the house or its heating system. The problematic nature of such a device is associated with the possibility of operation only in the heating season or in the presence of hot water. Otherwise, the device will be useless. The second point. the difficulties with connection. its illiterate performance can have a negative impact on the work of the water system or heating system of the whole house.
- Electric towel rails. metal tubular structures with an electric heater inside. A big advantage of such a device will be the possibility of autonomous operation.
- Universal towel dryer. probably the most convenient and unpretentious option. Works from both hot water and electricity. The only disadvantage will be the price for such devices. almost 2 times higher than for standard models.
There are still very convenient portable electric models, they are installed on the floor, don’t need any installation, they can be used not only in the bathroom, but in the kitchen or in the room, as a heater.
Transferring the towel radiator: Approval
At the present time, we have not developed any unequivocal opinion on such an event as the transfer of a towel dryer.
Bottom line, how does it work in practice to coordinate a towel rail relocation:
Option 1 You don’t have a remodel in your apartments you are only planning to relocate a towel rail. In this case, you should carry out the transfer of a towel dryer by the managing company and get a certificate that the towel dryer was transferred by their forces.
Variant 2 You have a repair and redevelopment. In this case in the project documentation, which submits for approval to the housing inspection, the transfer of the towel dryer is not marked, and the works entailing changes to the BTI plan are marked only.
The basic requirement for the transfer of a towel dryer is its device on any wall, except for the common walls with the neighbors, behind which there are living rooms. Regarding the legal side of the transfer of the towel radiator there is nothing more to add, so let’s move on to the technical side of the issue.
Conclusion: the transfer of a towel dryer as a separate event in practice does not require coordination. The project of transfer of a towel dryer, or a sketch, is not required (although managing companies, when transferring it, may require some project documentation)
Transfer of a towel dryer,
- Sets of keys, including gas and divorcing;
- Angle grinder with cutting and grinding discs;
- A machine for welding pipes;
- a set of dies for threading pipes;
- plumber’s tape with paste.
All joints in concealed laying are made welded. In the presence of detachable joints, it is provided access to.
Conclusions and useful video
Transferring a towel dryer in the bathroom. the process is quite complicated. Approach it with full responsibility. If you are not confident in your abilities or do not have enough experience, it is better to turn to professionals, otherwise self-activity can turn into inoperability of the device or lead to an emergency situation.
If you are not a novice in engineering work, then you can rely on your own strength, experience and a good manual. As an option, you can buy an electric model and make your life easier, but lose in terms of paying energy bills. here it all depends on personal preferences.
Share with readers your experience of transferring and connecting a towel radiator. Please comment on the article and ask any questions you may have. The feedback form below.
How to move the electric towel dryer?
The easiest way to cope with the transfer of the electric towel dryer, which is an ordinary household heating device.
- Choose a place for the device, which should be at least 60 cm from the sources of water: sink, bathtub, shower stall, etc. п.
- To bring electricity to the place of installation in an open or concealed way, t. е. by installing a plug and socket or by routing the wire under a decorative trim.
- Dismantle the old towel dryer.
- To fix the device in its new place and connect it to the power grid.
- Carry out necessary finishing works.
Tip: Since high humidity in the bathroom can be dangerous for electric appliances, it is advisable to supervise the quality of electrical installation work: provide earthing, install a circuit breaker such as “RCD” in the switchboard, etc. п.
Moving A Radiator Across A Room
An electric towel dryer is not difficult to move, as it is a fairly simple device and it is not connected to the water supply, which will save installers a headache
Electric towel rails have a number of advantages over their water “brethren”:
- easy installation;
- ability to regulate the heating temperature of the heating elements;
- The possibility of switching on/off at any time of the year, regardless of the beginning of the heating season or the schedule of disconnection of hot water in the summer.
Please note: To keep the humidity in the bathroom at an optimal level you need to take care not only about the heating, but also about an effective air exchange. Installation of forced ventilation will be a great addition to a towel dryer.