Ventilation of the boiler room
General and special requirements for ventilation in private house are set out in the SNB 4.03.01-98 and SNiP 2.04.05, II-35. If the power of a gas boiler is less than 30 kW, the equipment can be located in a living room with walls lined with non.combustible material, in the presence of a properly arranged supply ventilation. With an average and high power of a gas boiler (from 30 kW), a boiler house of a single.dimensional boiler in private house should be a separate room (attic, office room inside the house or a separate extension, but in no case a basement or basement).
Exhaustlyagazy.coat.plate.unit, should be located on the ceiling, and the entire boiler room should be integrated into the overall ventilation system of the whole house. Below the hole for the hood of combustion products through the chimney of the gas boiler should also be a hole designed for periodic cleaning of the chimney. The supply holes that provide air supply to the premises of the gas boiler room should be selected based on the ratio of 8 square meters.cm. per 1 kW of the boiler power with external air supply and 30 kV.cm. 1 kW in case of air supply from adjacent rooms.
The need for ventilation in a room with a gas boiler and the basic requirements
If in the room during the operation of the gas boiler oxygen enters in small quantities, a large volume of carbon monoxide and other harmful substances are released. The efficiency of equipment operation is reduced. When highlighting a large amount of natural fuel, small heat transfer occurs.
Following the norms and rules for installing the ventilation system, gas equipment is in good condition for a longer time. Excluded accidents of carbon monoxide poisoning are excluded.
- One, maximum two types of installations and no more are connected to the chimney. It does not matter how and in which place the boiler is located in remoteness;
- The combustion products during decay should penetrate the pipe at a distance of at least 0.5 meters at various levels;
- Когда подача происходит с одинаковой высоты, в дымоотвод ставится рассечка величиной от 0,5 метра;
- Before installation, a calculation is made to fulfill the conditions of the normal functioning of the system;
In places of fastening of parts of the chimney, the sealant should withstand any temperature. High.quality sealing and insulation of air ducts, in addition to direct purpose, serves as a strong mount of individual parts and all equipment. The requirements for ventilation of gas boilers in a private house are described in detail in the collection of sanitary norms and rules (2.04.05.II-35).
Ventilation requirements in a private house with a gas boiler
For private houses, small.power gas boilers are most often used. up to 30 kilowatts. Separate boiler rooms are not required for their installation. Such equipment can be placed even in kitchens that meet the following requirements:
- the area of the room is more than 15 m²;
- ceiling height of at least 2.2 m;
- The area of window openings is more than 3 cm² per 1 m³ of the volume of the room. The window should be opened completely or to be equipped with a window;
- the presence of supply ventilation through the holes along the bottom of the door (4-5 holes with a diameter of at least 20 mm);
- the distance from the wall of non.combustible material to the boiler is at least 10 cm. It is allowed to install an additional cement-stove or metal sheet to cover the wall site next to the boiler.
In addition to the ventilation device, some special requirements are presented to the boiler installation site. Boiler rooms are allowed to arrange:
Often boiler houses are equipped in the basement or basement of the building. This does not apply to liquefied gas devices. Its density is higher than that of the air and, if a leak forms, it can accumulate at the floor, being at first invisible at the height of human growth. This creates an explosive atmosphere.
The device of the exhaust system outside the room is much easier, especially if the house is already built and the owners constantly live in it. You just need to correctly calculate the diameter of the hole in the wall and carefully cut it. After that, the installation is as follows:
- The pipe segment at a distance of at least 25 cm is displayed in the wall opening (if the wall is treated with non-combustible materials, then this distance along SNiP can be reduced to 5-10 cm);
- With the help of a rotary knee, a vertical section is assembled. The joints are compacted by refractory mixture, then they can be additionally protected and strengthened with clamps with a threaded screed;
- Every 1-2 meters, the structure is fixed using wall brackets;
- After assembly, the chimney is treated with an anti.corrosion coating and insulated with non.combustible materials (most often mineral wool).
The prefix chimney is best performed from two.layer pipes. They provide the best air flow into the combustion part of the gas boiler, are easier to warm and safer. In addition, in a large part of modern boilers, a closed combustion chamber is implemented, which must be connected to chimneys from two coaxial pipes.
For boilers with an open combustion chamber
For gas boilers with an atmospheric burner, a smoke channel is required, which provides good traction. removing of combustion products occurs due to the movement of air through the pipe. Therefore, it is made as direct as possible, preferably. with smooth walls. There are two execution options:
- Remove horizontally through the wall, then, along the outer wall, up to the desired height. This option is also called the external chimney. Types of chimneys for a gas boiler with an atmospheric burner
- Lead the pipe up from the boiler, go through all the ceilings, the roof, remove it over the roofing material. If necessary, you can take the pipe away from the wall, making two knees 45 °. Bends under 90 ° with this design is better not to do.
Which of the options is better? The external chimney is easier. with the output through the wall. It is only important to go through the wall correctly (observe the fire gap, if the walls are combustible). But this option requires good insulation, high.quality fastening to the walls. And even under such conditions of condensate there are usually a lot. Therefore, the installation at the output of the tee and condensate collection is required.
Option of passage through ceiling and insulation
In the case of the output of the chimney through the roof, there are at least two complex points. a passage through the overlap of the first floor and through the roof. Special passing nodes are installed in these places. They provide the proper degree of fire safety.
Features of the assembly of metal pipes
If you collect, use a septurium pipe or single-walled metal, then the outer chimney for the gas boiler is collected “on condensate”. That is, inserting the upper pipe into the lower. This is possible due to the presence of a corrugated edge on the one hand.
When assembling a chimney inside the building, the structure is collected “by smoke”. In this case, it is more important that the gases do not get into the room. Therefore, the pipes are deployed so that the upper element is put on the already installed.
There is a third option-to collect two contours in different ways: external in smoke, internal-condensate. It is imperative to use Sentwitches of such assemblies, since only they have two contours. This is the best option, since the protection is complete, but the assembly is difficult.
Smoke pipes in the mine (box)
So that the communications do not spoil the interior, they are often “packaged” into the mine. a specially built box. Inside, as a rule, there are a chimney (or chimneys, if there are several devices), ventilations, there may be risers of water supply, heating, sewage. In any case, the chimney pipe is better to close the thermal insulation. If the insulation can still not be used in a heated room, then in the attic (especially if it is cold), insulation must be mandatory. Use basalt cotton wool with the temperature operating mode of at least 300 ° C.
The chimney can be hidden in the mine
Insulation will positively affect the temperature inside the chimney, which will give an increase in traction and a decrease in the amount of condensate. But do not forget that we are talking about gas boilers, and they have a low ratio temperature.
Calculation of ventilation in the boiler room
Outside, ventilation is protected, at least a cap
To do this, you need to know the volume of the boiler room, the dependence of the height of the ceiling on the increase in the increase in air exchange. The speed of supply air should be at least 1 m/s. Knowing these characteristics, you can calculate the necessary dimensions of the duct, choose the diameter of the section of the ventilation system for the excretion and the influx of air flow.
Parameters of air ducts
|1 m/s||2 m/s||3 m/s||4 m/s||5 m/s||6 m/s||7 m/s||8 m/s|
Pros and cons of two ventilation systems
The installation of ventilation in the boiler room must comply with generally accepted norms. It is impossible to start work without a pre.drawn up project. Before installing the boiler, it is necessary to carefully study the recommendations for the manufacturer from the manufacturer.
How to make ventilation for a gas column
For the ventilation device in the room where the gas column is installed, it is imperative to provide a chimney. It is usually made of corrugated metal pipe. The most profitable and effective option is a coaxial chimney. It will last a long time, and its installation is not difficult. Requirements for the parameters of the room where the coaxial chimney is installed is minimal. All the necessary calculations related to the installation of such a chimney depend on the power characteristics of the gas device. The device of hoods in the kitchen for a gas boiler is a very responsible event, on which the safety of residents depends.
The kit for the gas column includes the following elements:
- a cap that protects the structure;
- passing pipe that separates the pipe from the wall;
- adapters from the pipeline to the column;
- observation window for checking the state of the chimney system;
- condensate collection.
The diameter of the chimney should be the same throughout the highway. Its sizes indicate in the instructions manufacturers of gas columns.
In length, such chimneys are usually 400 cm or more. In the region with frosty winters, chimneys are insulated. When the ventilation is installed in a private household, the upper end of the pipe is removed 100 cm above the roof.
The installation of the chimney is performed according to SNiP standards:
- The gas column must have a separate chimney;
- The pipe for the removal of smoke should be mounted hermetically to exclude leaks of carbon monoxide;
- the material from which the pipe is made should be resistant to moisture and temperature difference;
- The chimney should not sag, the fasteners should be tough;
- When the installation is performed, the main goal is to achieve uniform traction, so the pipes should be smooth (it is better not to use pipes with a square section).
- For good traction, the chimney is placed in a vertical way;
- condensate and grades gather in a special hatch, which is arranged in the lower part of the chimney.
Stages of installation of the chimney:
- A passage pipe is mounted in the wall. From the outer part of the wall, a knee of 90 degrees is attached to the pipe.
- The room is attached from the column inside the room.
- The chimney is installed outside, connecting the pipes with clamps.
- In the entire height of the wall, the mounting elements are evenly distributed.
- After the process of attaching the pipe to the wall is completed, you should make sure that the chimney does not sagging anywhere. Usually for fasteners there is enough step 200 cm.
- A covering umbrella is put on the top of the pipe.
- In the lower part of the pipe, a collection for condensate should be equipped.
- Check traction. If the flame from the match is sticking towards the pipe, everything is done correctly.
On a note. Before the installation work related to ventilation in the boiler room, you need to study the regulatory documentation for the gas unit. It contains useful information to ensure the normal functioning of the equipment.
Ventilation for open flued appliances
Proper installation of equipment
Reasons for the failure of gas installations, in most cases, banal. The chimney is not cleaned, the carbon monoxide returns to the apartment or the gas column is incorrectly mounted. It is important to choose the right and carry out installation.
How the chimneys are equipped
- A hole with the output is laid in the wall:
- From the side of the street, the structure rises up;
- Connects to the wall. frame, twisted with clamps.
The internal chimney rises from the boiler to the roof without leaving the house. It passes through all the floors and goes to the roof. Such a chimney is usually made by a two.layer. The insulating material is laid between the layers to exclude the possibility of a fire when the chimney is heated and protect from condensate formation.
The location of the yield of the chimney pipe relative to the roof
- If a chimney pipe comes out of the ridge over three meters, it is enough to install from the horizon at an angle of 10 °. The site should be at least 1 meter;
- From 1.5 to 3 meters. the chimney is displayed at the same level along with the skate;
- Distance less than 1.5 meters. the structure is attached above the skate, at least 0.5 meters;
- To install a chimney in a boiler room attached to the house, an angle of 45 degrees is taken and above. A pipe should go out in a measured place, so that the Sellid in the boiler does not blow out during wind loads.
If you do not comply with the requirements of the safety regulation (SNiP), problems arise when putting into operation a gas boiler from the control organization.
Elements of Ventilation Systems