cool ways to make iced coffee
Even though tea fans firmly believe that our favorite drink is unhealthy and unpalatable, we are happy to take our first sip of coffee in the morning and look forward to the break to enjoy it. But as summer arrives, coffee changes. Now it’s not warming and spicy, but cool and refreshing.
AdMe Editorial.ru sure that we should not give up our favorite drink because of the heat. Treat yourself to cold coffee made with these cool recipes.
Mint chocolate coffee
- 300-350 ml of strong freshly brewed coffee
- 30-50 grams of bitter chocolate
- 2-4 tbsp. л. Mint syrup or liqueur
- 100g of creamy ice cream
Make coffee, dissolve chocolate in hot coffee. Cool slightly, add half of the ice cream, mint syrup or liqueur, a few ice cubes, and whip in a blender. When serving, sprinkle with ice chips, add remaining ice cream, garnish with mint and grated chocolate if desired.
- 250 ml freshly brewed and chilled espresso coffee
- small banana
- 250 ml of plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 ч. л. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp. л. unsweetened cocoa powder
Purée banana, add yogurt and whisk. Add freshly brewed coffee and whisk again. Add cocoa and cinnamon to taste.
Milk and coffee ice
Pour boiling water over sugar and coffee and stir. Let cool slightly, add vanillin and pour into ice moulds. Place in freezer to let ice freeze. Pour over coffee ice in glasses, pour cold milk. Place in fridge for 10-15 minutes so that the ice melts slightly and mixes with the milk.
Cold lavender raff coffee
- 100 ml cream (11% fat)
- 1,5 ч. л. ground coffee
- 100 ml water
- 1 ч. л. sugar
- 0,5 ч. л. dried lavender flowers
- crushed ice
Pour cold water over the coffee, bring it to the boil and remove from the heat. Mix sugar and lavender in a coffee grinder. Pour this mixture into the coffee and mix. Pour cream into coffee. Heat until boiling. Beat with a mixer until frothy. Add crushed ice. You can garnish with a dried lavender sprig.
- 1 cup iced coffee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 glasses of coffee ice cream
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 1-2 donuts
- 4 ice cubes
- cinnamon, sugar. if desired
Mix all ingredients in blender until smooth. Before serving, sprinkle a little water on the rims of the glasses and sprinkle them with a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Gently pour coffee cocktail into glasses and serve.
Jamaican iced coffee
- 30g dark rum
- 30 grams of coffee liqueur
- 3 tbsp. л. whipped cream
- 120g of black coffee
- Ice and mint sprigs to serve
AT HOME ICED COFFEE RECIPE!!!-BETTER THAN STARBUCKS!
Mix liqueur, coffee, rum and whipped cream in a shaker. Strain into a tall glass filled with ice. Garnish with sprigs of mint.
Homemade iced cappuccino
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp. л. chocolate syrup
- 1 ч. л. soluble coffee (powder)
- 2 ice cubes
In blender combine milk, chocolate syrup, coffee and ice. Beat until frothy. Then add sugar to taste. Pour the drink into glasses, garnish with cinnamon (optional). Serve at once.
Oleng (Thai style iced coffee)
- 4 cups of brewed strong coffee
- 2 cups of cream
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tbsp. л. sugar
- 2 ч. л. ground cardamom
- 1/4 ч. л. finely ground almonds
- Crushed ice or frozen into small cubes
Put a saucepan on medium heat, pour cream into it and add sugar and cardamom. Wait until the cream just begins to boil and immediately turn off the heat. Let it steep for 15 minutes under a lid. Then add ground almonds. Before serving, fill 4 glasses with ice and add the flavored cream equally. Carefully pour the coffee into the glasses.
Ice Orange Coffee
- Freshly squeezed juice of 2 oranges
- zest (slices) of 2 squeezed oranges
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup (or a bit less) of sugar
- 4 cups iced coffee (6 ch. л. instant coffee per 4 cups of water)
Put pieces of orange peel in a pan with water and sugar. Bring to the boil for 5 minutes. Remove the orange zest pieces and refrigerate the syrup. Then mix the orange juice with the coffee and the syrup. Pour the orange coffee into tall glasses and top with crushed ice. Garnish with a slice of orange.
“Yin-Yang. iced coffee tea
- 3 varieties of black tea (1/2 tsp. л. everyone)
- black coffee for the filter
- 1 can of concentrated milk
- sugar. to taste
- ice for serving
brew tea first. We take a small saucepan with 1/2 l of water. Throw in three kinds of tea and let it simmer for about 5 minutes. Simultaneously brew weak coffee. Then strain the tea, add sugar to taste and concentrated milk. The strength of the tea can be adjusted by adding water as desired. Finally, in a glass pour the milk tea (7 parts), pour the coffee on top (3 parts), add ice.
Method: step by step recipe
To make coffee in a drip “coffee machine” will require:
- Place the filter in the funnel of the device.
- Then cold, filtered water is poured into the boiler (tap water may cause scale formation).
- Coffee is then poured into the filter, and a coffee pot is placed under the funnel on a heating plate.
Ensure that all valves and openings are closed before beginning to brew. The number of drops per minute is adjusted at the bottom of the funnel by a valve, depending on the preferred density of coffee.
It’s ready. After a few minutes the pot is full and the machine emits a beep.
Grind coffee beans before brewing. If you bought ground coffee, store it in an airtight bag.
The strength of an espresso is affected by the consistency of coffee beans and the tightness of the bean.
What and how does the degree of grind affect the coffee in the coffee machine: the finer the grind, the stronger the coffee. Grinding the beans into a dusty consistency will leave a sludge out of the beverage.
Why is the coffee from the coffee machine bitter? The finer the coffee, the sweeter the coffee, the sourer the coffee will be. Medium grind is comparable to ordinary sand, coarse grind to sugar.
Strength depends on how tamped down the bean is. When hand-pressing, the temper should be exactly right, and the coffee should not be flaky and crumbly.
French coffee with cognac
If you will cook this drink for the first time, then you know that in order to fully develop its flavor, instead of sugar, you should add salt. As practice shows, this is the ingredient that helps alcohol and coffee become friends, making it tasty.
- Make coffee in a carafe (100ml)
- Let it cool slightly and add salt
- Immediately after that add cognac to the drink and mix everything slightly
- There should be about 20-30 ml of cognac in coffee
Features of cold coffee
Some people think that cold black coffee (in English ice coffee) is just chilled espresso. It is a little bit different. From its hot “relative” the drink differs primarily in the way of preparation. Calorie and taste characteristics add additional ingredients: milk, cream, ice cream, various syrups. Another distinctive feature is that the coffee is not bitter when cold, and it also lacks the characteristic acidity that is characteristic of brewed espresso.
- raff coffee;
- coffee milkshakes;
- cold cappuccino;
- olieng (Thai-style coffee);
- coffee smoothie.
Many people wonder what a black iced coffee with ice cream is called. If ice cream is added to the drink, you get the popular glasse.
Ice coffee has some differences in its characteristics from the traditional version of the drink:
- High energy value. Usually ice cream, cream, syrups, condensed milk, grated chocolate and other ingredients are added to the summer coffee cocktail, which make the final product quite caloric. An espresso, classic cold or hot, without any additives, has only 2 kcal per 100 ml.
- Amount of caffeine. of this alkaloid can vary widely, depending on how the beverage is made. For example, there are 90-180 mg of caffeine in 100 ml of iced espresso. Cold Brew holds the record for caffeine content, in fact in 100 ml it can be up to 150 mg.
- Thirst quencher. Ice coffee will not prevent dehydration and is no substitute for a glass of clean drinking water. On the contrary, a drink with a lot of sugar in it will provoke an urge to drink.
Let’s analyze the benefits and harms of cold coffee. From the positive points we can distinguish the following:
- Eliminates sleepiness;
- It makes you feel more energetic;
- It cools you down in hot weather;
- Variants with milk or ice cream can satisfy mild hunger.
- High caloric value (if sweet ingredients are added to ice coffee: ice cream, cream, chocolate, caramel).
- does not quench thirst in hot weather.
- If there are problems with tooth enamel (cracks, chips), the icy liquid may cause deterioration. Healthy teeth will not suffer from iced coffee.
- Beverage with high caffeine causes a spike in blood pressure, so people suffering from hypertension should refrain from drinking it.
A safe amount of ice coffee that a reasonably healthy person can afford is 1-2 servings a day.
A refreshing, invigorating drink can be not only easily prepared at home, but you can also enjoy your favorite flavor in catering establishments. Professional baristas will make incredibly delicious ice coffee for you to enjoy your favorite flavor even on the hottest summer day.
The global coffee chain Starbucks presents a wide range of refreshing cocktails made with high-quality coffee beans and other ingredients: ice, ice cream, milk, cream, syrups.
Popular McDonald’s will delight you with its version of cold coffee, which includes natural beans, whipped milk, ice, and vanilla syrup. “Shokoladnitsa” offers you to try the author’s version of classic ice-cappuccino and latte.
Top 8 cold brew coffee drinks
Summer is one of the most challenging times for the coffee industry. Sales are down because of the vacation season, cities are empty, and the summer heat reduces sales of hot drinks at the expense of increased refreshment. Introducing the top cold brew coffee drinks to help you better prepare for the hot season.
There are many bases for cold coffee drinks. Nevertheless, it’s worth highlighting two key trends:
Cold brew based
- Cold brew. the cold brew method. Coffee beans are ground on a coarse grind and infused in cold water for up to 24 hours, depending on the recipe.
- This brewing method brings out the fruity and berry descriptors of the drink and has a milder flavor than the following method.
- Contains large amounts of caffeine.
- Cold coffee drinks on this basis are made with the addition of large quantities of ice or other frozen foods.
- Espresso-based iced coffees are thicker and juicier than cold brews. You can read more about espresso in our other article.
Coffee with Ice Cream: Recipes
Cold brew coffee with Oreo
To diversify your snack, you can make regular coffee with milk:
- Coffee with milk to cool and pour into a blender;
- Add an ice cream scoop and a few cookies;
- Whip the mass until homogeneous, and decorate with whipped cream and cookies when serving.
However, in addition to its pleasant taste, the drink also has a high caloric value.
Affogato: coffee with ice cream
Affogato is a dessert made with vanilla ice cream, which you pour over a cup of hot espresso. If desired, you can add syrup or liqueur. The hot beverage cools as the ice cream begins to melt, resulting in a terrific, creamy coffee flavor. Coffee dessert is eaten with a spoon.
Cold coffee: a recipe for what variations of the drink?
In fact, there are many variations on how to make a cold coffee drink. Interestingly, baristas make them in different ways, each adding their own secret ingredient to the recipe. That’s why no two baristas have the same drinks. Cold coffee has these variants of preparation, judging by the initial basis of the brewed product:
Coffee shops have special equipment, so coffee lovers visiting them have a wide range of offers of delicious iced coffee. And clients can try the drinks directly in the cafe or take a handy cup or bottle and drink it while enjoying the view of nature, somewhere in the park. Because of its invigorating effects, it is a popular coffee among coffee lovers. Many women also use it for cosmetic purposes.
Cold coffee with milk
Technically there are two basic methods of making an invigorating drink. The first can easily be used at home in a jesve or espresso-based turkey. The second method is extraction. One is to steep the coffee in cold, purified water. For this, it is enough to allocate 9-12 hours of time.
The most comfortable temperature for soaking is 16 degrees. At such temperatures coffee beans retain all their useful properties and do not lose their flavor, and the taste is amazing. After the drink is infused, it must be filtered, poured into a shaker, add ice any other products that you wish to use for the finished drink and whisk. Then pour the coffee into a tall glass, fill it with crema and drink it with a straw.
Connoisseurs of the drink, as a rule, never change their habits and drink coffee hot, even in the peak of the heat. If a person can’t stand the summer heat, then he resorts to alternatives. Consume cold coffee, getting the necessary dose of caffeine to feel good afterwards. This is especially true for people who have low blood pressure. Many people criticize the cold brew for not being as satisfying as the hot brew, since coffee doesn’t fully release its aroma and characteristics when it’s cold. That’s why they start adding a lot of auxiliary ingredients to it.
IMPORTANT: Sugar is not a common ingredient for a cold beverage. Not everyone likes a cold beverage with crunchy sugar grains on their teeth. A loose product does not dissolve well in cold water. Baristas have certainly figured out how to please the sweet tooth. They put syrups, ice cream, condensed milk, etc., in their coffee.п.
Shakerato Cold Aesthetics
If you want to freshen up and get a maximum concentration of caffeine at the same time, make a Shakerato. In this variation of iced coffee, a double Italian espresso takes the lead. Strong, with roasted beans, not too watery or bitter.
- Place a few ice crystals and 1 tbsp.л. sugar syrup.
- Pour in, without cooling, the espresso. A hot beverage keeps its taste characteristics longer when in contact with ice.
- Close the shaker and shake its contents with several vigorous movements.
- As an aromatic addition, vanilla, a few drops of lemon juice or Baileys are perfect. Real gourmets, on the other hand, prefer to add Grappa to it. blending two Italian temperaments.
Shake the shaker one more time, and when a gentle light foam appears, pour its contents into a cocktail or wine glass, pre-cooled with ice cubes.