Determine the parameters
In addition to capacity, the receiver for the compressor can be characterized by the following parameters:
- Location requirements (within mechanically contaminated air, such as near circular saws, away from explosive, flammable materials and heat sources).
- operating conditions (relative humidity should not exceed 75-80 percent, the temperature in the region of 15-40 degrees).
- maximum air humidity.
According to the requirements of PB 03-576-03 it is forbidden to use receivers that have surface defects, whether corrosion, dents and cracks, as well as those that have not passed the test of serviceability of the container walls.
The receiver data for the compressor is given as follows. Firstly maximum and minimum pressure values, duration of operation and necessary compressed air flow rate should be determined. The next step is to find the required data using the online calculation table, which can be easily found on the Internet on request. For example, in the case of a maximum/minimum pressure drop of 4/3 atm, a maximum load duration of 5 minutes and an air consumption of 0.1 m3 /min, 500 liters would be considered the optimal volume of the receiver tank.
This method is based on the time the receiver will be completely empty. However, there is a simpler method, in tabular form, to relate the compressor capacity to the receiver volume. Among these, the most frequently used ratios should be mentioned:
If necessary, intermediate values can be calculated by interpolation. There are also experimental dependencies. According to one of them, the capacity of the receiver tank must not be less than the compressor’s capacity for 8 seconds of continuous operation. In this case, the tank volume at a flow rate of 400 l/min can be calculated as follows:
Rounded up we get 54 liters.
How to choose the optimum tank parameters?
In addition to the capacity, the receiver for the compressor is also characterized:
- Humidity limits.
- Operating conditions (external temperature fluctuations of the ambient air is allowed.15 40ºC and relative humidity not more than 75 80%).
- Installation site requirements (away from heat sources, combustible and explosive materials, and in an atmosphere contaminated by mechanical particles. e.g., near circular saws).
According to the requirements of PB 03-576-03 (Rules of construction and safe operation of vessels working under pressure) it is also forbidden to operate receivers that have not passed the verification of serviceability of the tank walls as well as those having external surface defects. cracks, dents, traces of atmospheric corrosion.
Selection of receiver specifications for the compressor is as follows. Required compressed air flow rate, duration of compressed air consumption, minimum and maximum pressure values are set. Then using standard online calculation tables (e.g. //www.kaeser.Set required compressed air flow rate, compressed air consumption duration, minimum and maximum pressure values.asp) determine the desired parameter. For example, given an air consumption of 0.1 m3/min, a peak load duration of 5 minutes, a minimum/maximum pressure differential of 3/4 at, the optimum receiver tank capacity is 500 l.
This method focuses on the time it takes to completely empty the receiver. There is also a simplified, tabular method which relates the tank volume to the power input of the compressor. The ratios used in practice are as follows:
- For a compressor with power up to 5 kW. up to 100 liters;
- For a compressor with power up to 10 kW. up to 300 liters;
- For compressors up to 20 kW up to 550 liters.
It is advisable to interpolate between these values. There are also experimental correlations. For example, the tank capacity of the receiver can not be less than the compressor capacity for 8 seconds of continuous operation. In particular, at a compressor air flow of 400 l/min, the volume of the tank will be, at least:
High-pressure compressor with their own hands
The procedure for creating a compressor to generate pressure with your own hands is quite simple, it can be carried out in your own garage. Step by step instructions are as follows:
- Firstly find the gas cylinder that needs it, unscrew the valve and empty the remaining gas.
- After that, the removal of the motor from an old air conditioner or other suitable device is carried out.
- The valve is unscrewed.
- The gas cylinder is filled with water.
- A drill is used to obtain holes that are suitable for fixing the valve and the reducer.
- Protruding parts must be cut off. This greatly simplifies the use of the compressor.
- A new fitting is welded on to simplify the connection of other equipment.
- Experts recommend making a special element, which is required to fix the wheels. They greatly simplify the transportation of the compressor from the gas cylinder on the territory.
- The next step involves creating a shelf on which the motor will be installed. When creating a shelf, you should take into account the fact that it must have a high rigidity. Otherwise, there will be vibration during operation, which will impair the performance of the installation.
- You can make the device more attractive and extend its service life by coating the surface with paint material.
- The electricity and hoses can be connected. Special attention should be paid to this point, because improper connection of electrical wiring can cause a large number of different problems.
This version can be called quite simple, as well as inexpensive. It is suitable for the majority of tasks in the home workshop. Of course, the design does not have the characteristics that are characteristic of industrial versions.
Air compressor from auto parts
Fundamentally different design of the air compressor, which is assembled on the basis of a ZIL compressor and separate engine. This is more powerful equipment, which can also be used to connect pneumatic tools. Very noisy unit.
Compressor unit layout drawing: 1. compressor from ZIL-130; 2. frame from angle; 3. safety valve; 4. standard pressure gauge; 5. distribution box; 6. three-phase electric motor (1 kW, 1380 rpm); 7. starting box (from washing machine); 8. capacitor battery (working capacity. 25-30 uF, starting. 70-100 uF); 9. receiver (from an oxygen cylinder or CrAZ silencer); 10. V-belt transmission (RPM reduction 1: 3); 11. “Stop” button; 12. “Start of the engine” button; 13. button for short-term starting of the starting capacitor battery; 14. outlet valve fitting; 15. aluminum tubes Ø 6 mm; 16. outlet valves; 17. inlet valves; 18. wheels (4 pcs.); 19. Transverse stiffener; 20. Tie rod (M10. 4 pcs.); 19. Transverse stiffener; 20. Tie rod (M10. 4 pcs.).); 21. drainage hole with a cork
Connecting a three-phase motor to a single-phase network: a. delta; b. star
Example of self-assembly of an air compressor from new parts and assemblies you can see in the video.
Assembling the sandblaster
Using photo, video, and plain instructions for assembling a homemade sandblaster, you will spend considerably less effort and time making such a device.
The first thing to do, starting to manufacture a sandblaster. is to prepare a tank from which the system will be fed to the abrasive material. For the manufacture of such a container, as mentioned above, ideally suited gas cylinder. It is better, if it is a gas bottle, which previously contained freon. There is a brass part on top of such a cylinder, which should be carefully cut with a metal hacksaw. Remove gas residuals from the cylinder in order to ensure safety during welding works, and a compressor can be used for this purpose.
Instead of the standard valve, an abrasive outlet fitting is welded to the top of the cylinder
In a prepared and cleaned cylinder should be drilled two holes, one of which (located at the side of the container) will be used for the supply of abrasive material, and the second (in the bottom of the cylinder). to drain it. Threaded ends are welded into the holes drilled in the cylinder to connect it to all other elements of the system. When carrying out this operation, care must be taken to ensure that welds are as tight as possible.
Since the blasting machine must be mobile, small wheels must be welded to the bottom of the blasting tank, as well as to the compressor frame. If you want to make the blasting process more effective, then the container for the abrasive can be equipped with a special vibrator, which will minimize the risk of getting lumps of this material into the system.
To place the cylinder in an upright position, three angles are welded to it
All sandblasting machines work due to the fact that their design uses a special nozzle, which provides not only the supply of abrasive mixture, but also its formation by mixing the abrasive with the air stream. The principle of operation of such a nozzle is that it simultaneously receives air and abrasive material coming from a special container on the supply hose.
That is why in the design of such a nozzle should be provided two nozzles, one of which is connected to the compressed air hose from the compressor, and the second. the supply hose from the container with abrasive material. Such a system only works after high-pressure air is fed into it.
The original 6 mm boron carbide nozzle
Supply of abrasive mixture to the treated surface in the sandblaster provides a nozzle, in the inner part of which there is a hole with an appropriate diameter. The normal nozzles from a car wash or paint sprayer cannot be used as such an element, as they are not designed to work with abrasive materials.
It is best to buy for such purposes factory-made nozzles, which are durable because they are made of abrasion-resistant materials, in compliance with all technological requirements. It is almost impossible to produce such nozzles at home, because this requires special equipment and qualified personnel.
The waterpipe tees and gas taps are suitable for connecting the hoses
Once all elements of the design of the future sandblaster are prepared, you can proceed to its assembly, which consists of the following steps.
- Connected to the nozzle nozzle sandblaster hose from the compressor and the hose through which the abrasive material flows. Inside such a nozzle, these components are mixed, resulting in an abrasive mixture used to perform the processing.
- To adjust the abrasive mixture flow parameters, the sandblaster system includes taps and metering devices.
To ensure that all connections in the system have a high tightness, it is necessary to perform them with FUM-tape.
Communities Garage Tools Blog Extra receiver from a gas bottle
Good afternoon) Option to have an additional receiver for the compressor, quickly and without hassle)) www.drive2.ru/b/534244179794986642/
When painting cars critically lacked the receiver in the 24l compressor, the amount of air was not enough for large areas such as the hood and roof. The solution was found quite simple, additional receiver from a gas cylinder in 50 liters)) Faucet on the cylinder dismantled and bought all the necessary connections))) Quick disconnects for the hose 270r. at a discount))
costs: Compressor Fubag 24l. available Balloon. free Hose spiral 10 m. 347 p. Barrel pipe 3/4. 11 p. Coupling 3/4. 24 p. Socket adapter 3/4 to 1/2. 67 p. 1/2 on 1/4 adapter nipple. 2 pcs 43 р. Ball valve 1/2. 88 p. A set of fittings quickly. 270 p. TOTAL: 893 p.
READ How to connect the thermal head to the radiator
What can be made from a gas cylinder
Furnace from a gas cylinder. if you need to quickly heat the garage, then, of course, a miniature stove from a gas cylinder, there will be very handy. For its manufacture it is necessary to weld metal legs to the gas cylinder, cut holes for the furnace and ash drawer, and doors to them, make from the same pieces of metal.
Then we need a piece of long metal pipe (4-5 meters), which is set on top of the cylinder, it will serve as a chimney. Thus you can easily make a small fireplace from a gas cylinder, which will certainly be useful in every household. Keep in mind that the wall thickness of the gas cylinder is small, so you need to handle such a furnace with care.
Making an auxiliary air tank from an old LPG gas bottle.
By the way, almost in the same way is made and burzhuyka from a metal barrel, detailed about the manufacture of which is written here https://samastroyka.ru/samodelki-iz-metallicheskix-bochek.html.
How to make a brazier out of a gas cylinder
Charcoal grill from a gas cylinder. what else can be made from a gas cylinder? Of course, a small brazier for use at the cottage. Redesign is reduced to a minimum, and what you need to do is to cut off the top of the cylinder, and then bolt a piece of metal to it with awnings. Thus, will get a grill with a hinged lid.
Then it will be necessary on the sides of the cylinder, at the bottom, to drill holes under the draught, and somewhere about a little above the middle to install a metal mesh. However, you can refuse from it, having made the necessary notches for skewers on the sides of the barrel. You can even make a mini smokehouse out of a gas cylinder by attaching another cylinder to the homemade brazier, as seen in the photo.
Compressor station with a receiver from a gas cylinder. if you need to equip a compressor with an additional receiver, a gas cylinder is ideal for this purpose, because it can withstand high pressure. Of course, without alterations here can not do, because you will need to weld in a cylinder metal threads for the installation of manometers, steam traps, tubular connectors.
Roller and boiler from a gas cylinder
Skating rink-trampelka from a gas cylinder. always a necessary thing in the economy, especially at a time when the garden area in full swing in the construction and landscaping work.
It is very easy to make a steamroller from a gas cylinder, and its construction begins with welding a steel frame from a metal angle. On the side of the frame, through the holes, bolts attached to the cylinder, but before it is filled with sand or liquid cement mortar. An important condition for the performance of this homemade device is that the gas cylinder must always remain movable.
There are several basic parameters that must be taken into account when creating a compressor from a gas cylinder. The most important may be called the power, as it reflects the functionality of the device, consisting in the compression of gases. Among the peculiarities of the power indicator are the following:
- To measure the value in question, bars, atmospheres or Pascals are used. Various tables are used to convert this value, which make the task much easier.
- When creating a compressor, it is necessary to take into account the fact that the pressure is reduced from the source to the direct actuator. In this case, the pressure drop occurs in the entire pipeline or on responsible elements.
- The power largely determines how much pressure can be created in the system. It depends on the electric motor installed and many other things.
Manufacturers of industrial equipment always conduct power specifying. In the case of work to create a homemade design, it is necessary to perform calculations and select the appropriate elements.
Classification of compressors is conducted directly to the power indicator, which is reflected in the pressure. It looks as follows:
Most homemade designs belong to the second group. This can be related to the fact that too high a figure becomes a reason for complicating the task at hand.
Why do we need a receiver in the compressor
Gas cylinder in this case is used as a receiver. This element can be called quite important, because it provides certain performance characteristics of the device. The tasks that the receiver solves are as follows:
- Equalize the differences in the flow that arise at the time of switching on and off the installation.
- It is used as storage reservoir for accumulation of compressed air. This ensures an uninterrupted gas supply and reduces the number of switching cycles required.
- The risk of condensation is reduced. If water gets into the system, it can significantly reduce performance. An example of this is that the paint finish that can be applied is considerably impaired. A special filter can be installed to separate the water.
In most cases this element is used for direct equalization of the flow in the system. This considerably increases the quality of the work performed, for example, when coating a surface with a paint material.
The gas cylinder is made in most cases of material with a small index of corrosion resistance, which is why the surface is protected with paint.