How to increase cooler’s speed on the processor
The work of a personal computer depends on the state of all elements of the system and the load they have experienced. Some of them are used less intensively, while a processor or video card are constantly loaded, as a result of which they overheat. To cool such elements of the system, a cooler and a radiator grill are used, which lower the operating temperature of the devices, creating comfortable conditions. There are situations when the computer does not work stable and its elements heat up above. In such a situation, an increase in the speed of the cooler will help. How to increase the speed of rotation of the processor cooler, we will understand below.
Before dealing with the options for increasing cooler speeds, you need to deal with the reason why the processor or video card is warming up. There can be many of them and not for all of them will simply increase the speed of rotation of the processor cooler. We will analyze them in more detail:
- The processor has long been bought and its working resource is gradually coming to an end. In this case, an increase in the speed of the cooler blade will help, but soon and soon it may be necessary to replace the old processor with a new model;
- Thermal paste transmitting excess heat from processor to cooler became unusable. Here, a simple increase in the speed of the cooler is also impossible to do. An ordinary cooler will still not cope with excess heat energy, even if you add speed. A comprehensive solution will help here. The speed of rotation of the cooler is temporarily increased for the acquisition of thermal paste, after which the protective layer is updated on the processor and the return of revolutions to the usual state. It is not difficult to do this, and any user will update the protective layer on his own, without resorting to the help of specialists. To do this, just familiarize yourself with the instructions on the Internet and do everything carefully, slowly;
- The computer is used to solve complex problems and the software used during operation overloads the system. In this case, an increase in speed is ideal, since PC functions normally, it just lacks a little power;
note! Limiting a simple increase in the speed of rotation of the cooler, without understanding the essence of the problem, you increase the chances of burning the computer. This will lead to large cash expenses that we do not need at all.
After you are convinced of the serviceability of the system, you can proceed to the options for overclocking the cooler. The most and verified of them are the following possibilities:
- Raise the fan speed by setting the corresponding commands through the BIOS;
- Installation of special applications on a computer, with which you raise the number of cooler revolutions to the desired value;
- Revolutions are regulated not only by software. There is special equipment with which the cooler accelerates to the desired values;
Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages of which we will talk separately.
The problem with the computer
Hello! I really hope for your help. I am writing here for the first time. The computer was bought in 2015 in DNS. Until the summer of 2020 there were no problems. In the summer, the computer began to freeze tightly. I did not find any relationships. Freezes in games and even just in a browser when watching a video. I recently changed thermal paterpery. I completely crossed the computer, I did not find any visible defects
Change the speed of rotation of the cooler on the CPU and the case through BIOS
This is the most optimal option, since not a single third.party program helped me to change the speed of rotation of the cooler on the central processor and body. When you turn on a computer or laptop, immediately press the button on the DEL or F2 keyboard to enter the BIOS parameters. Since motherboard manufacturers have different BIOS or UEFIs I will show an example on ASRCOK, but you can google your model in the pictures. In most cases, you need to find the word fan or Speed. In my case, we have:
- CPU FAN 1 Setting set a value opposite Automatic Mode. Next, Target CPU Temperature and Target Fan Speed will appear.
- Target CPU Temperature We will install 50 ℃, and in Target Fan Speed we will install Level 9. It turns out that at a temperature above 50 ℃, the cooler will begin to spin faster with a level of 9. Level 9 is the maximum level of fan rotation. You can set your temperatures and rotation level.
- The Chssissis Fan 1 Setting parameter is responsible for the fans that are attached through the motherboard in 4 pinnosa. These can be fans that are on the case. But if the housing fans are connected directly through the power supply, then this parameter will not work.
7X YOUR COOLING – 11 THOUSAND RPM FAN
3-PIN and 4-PIN
3-pin. The wire responsible for the signal transmits the speed of rotation of the cooler at a normal voltage of 4 or 12 volts. In a word, the speed of the cooler is controlled by an increase or decrease in voltage through the power cable. If you have connected an additional cooler and it is very noisy, then most likely you connected it to 12 volts.
4-pin. The fourth wire has a speed control, uses sending signals to the fan with which there is a chip. Chip and controls the speed of rotation of the cooler.
Cleaning and setting
If your “iron horse” has not previously overheated with similar actions, but “here it suddenly began”, then one of the most likely causes is a cluster of dust. But just do not try, please remove it with a vacuum cleaner. These actions can lead to more serious breakdowns. Clean the ventilation holes with a soft brush, and the keyboard with a special napkin. With strong pollution, it is better to take the laptop to the service center, since for cleaning it must be disassembled thoroughly. There are a bunch of bolts, all of them are of different lengths, twist and return to place in a strict sequence. Therefore, I recommend entrusting this business to an experienced master.
The second most common reason is the failure of the system cooling policy provided for in Windows 10 and earlier versions of the OS. Do the following:
- By means of a runner, move to the “processor power management” item, open its contents by pressing a plus.
- Click on a plusik next to the “Cooling Policy” point and make sure that the “active” parameter is set, and not “passive”.
After the indicated actions, your fan should earn as it should. If this does not happen, then see the following points of this instruction.
Friends, suppose you do not have dust, and cooling in the system is actively, but the car continues to overheat. So, the speed of rotation of the cooler at 50%set by the default manufacturers is not enough. You need to increase it on your own. The first method is suitable for confident users who understand what BIOS is:
- Go into mode by pressing Del, F8 or F12 during boot. Which button must be clicked depends on the model of the motherboard. If your car is activated on the fast starting, then you first turn it off in the power supply settings.
- Further, you have two options. independently set the fan power (set as a percentage) or enable the intellectual mode in which the system itself will regulate its operation. Pay attention to the parameter CPU Q-FAN CONTROL. It is he who triggers the “intellectual”. Disabled value is turned off, and Enabled is turned on.
By the way, the type of BIOS may vary slightly, do not be afraid. In the photo below you will see that the functionality remains unchanged.
- Fan Speed is responsible for the fan speed.
- Temperature sets the temperature value of the processor that the cooler should support.
- Q-Fan Control activates the intellectual mode, and its FAN PROFILE settings sets the intensity of cooling. Three options are possible: Silent. energy savings and noiselessness are paramount; Standard is just the very middle ground installed by manufacturers; Performance and Turbo. will disperse the fan to the maximum, which you should choose.
After all it remains to leave the BIOS while maintaining the changes made. To do this, return to the main screen and select the Save Exit Setup option and answer in the affirmative of the system request (Y and Enter).
It is worth noting that on some laptops, such as “DNS”, manufacturers deprived us of the opportunity in the BIOS to independently increase the speed of the cooler. In this case, you only have to clean the laptop from dust and try one of the software described below.
How to make a cooler spin
Special fans are installed inside the computer system unit. Their main purpose is to ensure cooling important devices. The failure of one of the coolers can lead to overheating of several PC elements at once.
If you notice that one of the coolers has stopped working, first find out the reason for the problems. Open the BIOS menu and make sure that the Disabled parameter is not installed for the FAN CONTROL item. If the cooling function is active, then turn off the computer and open the system unit. Find out if the culer power cable is connected. Typically, fans receive the necessary electricity through contacts on the motherboard or device to which they are connected.
Try connecting the cooler cable to another connector. Turn on the computer and check the fan performance. Try to turn the cooler’s blades yourself. Sometimes the reason for the disconnection of the device is the presence of a large amount of dust. If the cooler did not begin to rotate, then turn off the PC again. Disconnect the fan power and remove this device. Typically, for this it is necessary to unscrew several screws or open special latches.
Remove the sticker from the fan and drop a little lubricant into the opening opening. Drive the fan blades to allow the lubricant to be distributed along the axis. After that, the blades should rotate freely.
If you find a plug under the sticker, then remove it from the nest and gently pull out the locking ring. Remove the blades from the axis and wipe both elements with a dry rag. Lubricate the rotation axis and collect the fan.
Connect the device to the system board and install it in place. Turn on the computer and make sure that the fan works properly. If none of the indicated methods helped restore the cooler’s performance, replace this device.
How to increase the speed of rotation of the fan
Any fan. Large industrial, household or computer cooler is driven by the electric motor shaft. You can increase the speed of its rotation by increasing the speed of rotation of this shaft. You can do this by reducing the friction of the shaft on the sleeve or increasing the voltage on the engine windings.
Often during prolonged operation, the fan speed and the air flow created by its blades begins to decrease. This is due to the fact that the engine shaft clogs, and friction on it increases. In large industrial fans, the fan blades rotate on the shaft, which is mounted on special bearings. In order to increase the speed of rotation of such a fan, replace the bearings and grease them. In household fans and coolers, the shaft rotates just on mounts. Remove the fan, disassemble its casing and carefully clean the shaft. To reduce friction, you can use a special lubricant such as technical petroleum jelly, reducing friction on the shaft.
If this does not give the desired increase in speed, you need to increase the frequency of rotation of the engine shaft. Study the technical documentation for the fan and find the rated voltage at which it can work. Reducing the speed of rotation may be caused by the fact that the required voltage is not supplied to the engine. Measure the voltage supplied to the fan on the clamps of the engine using a tester. If it is below the nominal, increase it. To do this, clean the contacts on the clamps of the electric motor.
If the fan speed does not reach the nominal due to insufficient voltage in the network, then connect it through the alternating voltage stabilizer. If a constant voltage is used to operate the fan, then increase it using a regulator or replace the battery. The voltage on the electric motor should not exceed the nominal, otherwise the engine will simply burn.
The frequency of rotation of the fan shaft shaft operating using an asynchronous engine of alternating current, increase using a frequency converter. It joins the engine and changes the current frequency in the circuit. By increasing the current frequency of such an engine, it is possible to increase the frequency of its rotation, and hence the fan rotation speed.
How to increase the speed of cooler in BIOS
If you think about overclocking your system, it is first desirable to increase the speed of rotation of the coolers. This applies to both the processor cooler and the fan, which is attached on the computer case. Most of the motherboards have an option to set up the fan operation in manual mode. You can do this using a BIOS manager.
EASY WAY TO INCREASE THE FAN SPEED
Before proceeding to increase the speed of the cooler, you should make sure whether your motherboard supports this option. This information must be in the guide to it. Almost all modern system boards of various manufacturers have the function of adjusting the speed of the cooler.
Turn on the computer. Immediately after that you need to press the DEL key. In most cases, it is with this button that you can open a BIOS manager. If nothing happens after pressing this key, look at the instructions for the system board. There should be a button that is responsible for opening a BIOS manager.
After opening the BIOS, follow the Power section. In this section, select HW Monitor Configuration. Here should be an option to regulate the speed of the coolers. Depending on the model of the system board, this option can be called differently, for example, CPU Q-Fan Function or just FAN CONTROL. You must focus on the word fan. Select this option and press the Enter key. From the proposed options, select Enable, after which. Line Profile.
Several modes of fan rotation speed will appear. Select Performance mode. In it, the speed of the coolers will be maximum. But on some motherboards, the Turbo mode may be available. If it is extremely important to you the maximum cooling of the components of the computer, then in the presence of a Turbo mode it is best to choose it.
After choosing the desired mode, leave the BIOS. Be sure to preserve the changed settings first. The computer will reboot. With its next launch, the speed of the coolers will increase.
How to increase the speed of the processor cooler or reduce it through BIOS
If you do not want to put a special software on your computer or for some reason it works incorrectly, it’s okay-in the device itself, namely, in its BIOS, all the necessary functions for controlling the speed of the processor fan are laid.You just need to do a chain of simple manipulations:
Reload the computer and, in the process of restart, pinch the entrance key to the BIOS (according to the standard it is DEL, but some manufacturers can use other options).
Find the section “PC Health” or similar to its intended purpose and find the “CPU FAN CONTROL” function there.
Enabled (the system will automatically reduce or increase the speed of the processor cooler, trying to keep the temperature and noise level within normal)
Disabled (manual control, the user himself sets the value expressed as a percentage of the maximum fan speed).
Keep changes and restart. New installations will have to work.
You can identify the accumulation of garbage and dust inside the case by increased fan hum. If it recently worked quietly, now he can work exclusively at maximum speeds. Another characteristic feature is random operation of protection against overheating (the laptop itself is rebooted at strong loads). If such a laptop is not cleaned on time and not serving, then it can completely fail.
For example, the owner of this laptop complained about constant rebooting. The video card and processor overheating is diagnosed:
- Clean the keyboard.
- Clean all internal elements.
- Lubricate fan bearings.
- Change thermal grease.
- Replace gaskets.
If thermal paste completely or partially dries, the device begins to heat up more than usual. Any, even the highest quality thermal paste dries by itself over time. If it is not replaced on time, the most “hot” computers will fail very quickly. First of all, a video card, and then CP. The new thermal paste has a higher level of thermal conductivity. She is usually covered with video chip and CPU.
Useful advice: wear a laptop in the service for maintenance once a year, at least. And if you want to clean the laptop and change the thermal grease yourself, there is a detailed instruction.