How to lubricate the cooler on the processor and what is suitable for lubrication of the fan
Almost all modern stationary computers or laptops have a cooling system in the form of the so.called cooler. Since most processor cooler models have an open design, dust accumulates inside their nodes. If the user began to notice that his computer began to work slowly, makes additional sounds, creak, then often this indicates the contamination of the processor cooler.
Когда функционирование системы охлаждения на полную мощность невозможно, компьютер подвергается перегреву, что приводит к самопроизвольному выключению, и, как следствие, частичной или полной утрате ценных файлов. To prevent this from happening, it is important to regularly lubricate the cooler and clean it of dust.
How can you lubricate the cooler at home
If you “score” this issue in the search engine of any browser, he will give a huge number of results. Most of them do not cause confidence, because the answers are not confirmed by facts, but are based on personal experience. However, experiments with lubricants can lead not only to fan breakdown, but also to a malfunction of other elements.
The main component of any cooler is the bearing. The latter is of two options: sliding, torsion. Each of them needs its own type of lubricant.
Most modern laptopes use sliding type bearings, so you should select the corresponding lubricant. In addition, it must meet certain requirements:
- Viscosity should be suitable for work at high speeds. Liquids are better coped with this.
- The composition should include various dispersion substances, for example, Teflon. They are necessary for a faster launch of the bearing.
- Do not have a negative effect on other elements of the cooler.
- The substance should be unhindered inside.
- One of the main characteristics is a high adhesion level. Otherwise, the substance will simply flow out of the cooler.
Reference. These parameters are suitable for the second option of bearings. The main thing is that the chosen remedy should be more plastic.
The following funds are responsible for all parameters:
- Automobile oil. It is necessary to take “synthetics”.
- Special oil for sewing machines, trimmers, haircuts and other power tools. Usually it comes with the product.
- Silicone Grease. It is necessary that designed to lubricate door locks, gearboxes.
- Specialized lubricant intended for coolers care.
What kind of oil to choose?
Based on the above, oils have the best characteristics to lubricate the fans:
The following tools are most suitable for processing computer cooler:
- Low viscosity oils. Among them are weapons, transformer, machine, spindle, etc. P. They are distinguished by excellent penetrating ability, create a very thin film. Recommended for high.speed mechanisms with a small dynamic load.
- Medium viscosity oils. This includes motor, transmission, etc. Form the film thicker, penetrate well and fill the gaps, hold longer on the surface and can cope with high loads. Have a minus. load the mechanism.
Thick lubricants do not penetrate well, but forced pressing into the gaps can help start the almost “killed” device for some time (before buying a new fan). Small and micro.benters in laptops can be lubricated with such compositions.
Meanwhile, specialized stores offer a large assortment of lubricants for coolers. These synthetic lubricants have absolute inertia and work in wide temperature regime (from.20 to 200. 300 ° C). Convenience of work and accurate dosing provides a special syringe in which the oil is located. And in most situations, it is better to use a ready-made solution (for example, SPO-1 or SPO-2).
How to lubricate the cooler (fan) of the computer: how to disassemble, the lubricant used
Almost any personal computer regularly requires cleaning and lubrication of the cooler. a special fan that serves to cool the processor or other important parts (power supply, video card, etc.). How complicated a similar procedure is? Is it possible to spend it at home? What is worth paying attention to, and also what may be needed when cleaning fans and their lubrication? We will tell you about all this and much more in this article.
How to lubricate the cooler on PC?
First you need to understand what is best to lubricate the fan in the computer. The first thing that comes to mind is oil. Naturally, not vegetable, not olive and not an animal! After all, if you use such a lubricant, you can completely ruin the cooler. Dust and dirt will simply begin to stick hard to him.
Therefore, we recommend using a processor or video card to lubricate:
- Machine oils (t. e. motor vehicles. synthetic, semi.synthetic);
- Lubricants for sewing machines and various electrical equipment;
- Highly effective lubricants for bearings;
- Special silicone lubricants.
Do not use those lubricants that are prone to thickening. This is solidol, cyatim, lilet, etc. Is WD-40 suitable? Again, no. This is a lubricant option from an American manufacturer is intended only for processing those surfaces that are rarely in motion. For example, a door loop. While the cooler works constantly and at high speeds.
In addition, in various forums, many users recommend using graphite lubricants to lubricate the coolers of PC coolers. However, the opinion of experts on this subject is different. You will do more harm than benefits. Firstly, she conducts a well well, which can cause close. Secondly, graphite lubricant is designed to lubricate heavily loaded mechanisms that work at moderate speeds.
However, the cooler is a highly reserved device. For example, even the simplest and most miniature fan in the weak Intel or AMD processor is able to rotate at a speed of 1000-1500 rpm. What can we say about expensive and powerful models of coolers from manufacturers such as DeepCool, Zalman, Coolemaster, etc.
Therefore, you cannot use graphite lubrication. Because of it, the fan speed will necessarily decrease, the wear of the bearings will increase, and t. D.
Many system units are equipped with several fans at once. As a rule, there are three of them. These are coolers designed to cool the computer power supply, processor and video card. All of them are extremely important for the stable operation of the system. If even one is out of order, then there may be big problems due to overheating.
What then to do? Everything is simple. carefully monitor whether the computer is warming up, whether it makes strange sounds, whether additional noises appeared during his work. Each of the listed points is a clear symptom that speaks of the need to lubricate the PC fan.
Why is the computer cooler periodically requires additional lubrication? It’s all about its design. As a rule, the device works due to sliding or rolling bearings with a special shaft. It rotates inside the sleeve or cylinder, where there is a lubricant creating a special oily film. Gradually, it evaporates or is polluted, and this leads to the fact that metal parts begin to contact each other. As a result, a noise appears, the fan works much slower and the computer heats up.
How to grease the processor fan (cooler)?
So, you already understood that the cooler is not noisy, and the various parts of the computer are not warmed up, it must be cleaned and lubricated. To do this, we offer you the following scheme of actions:
- First of all, we analyze the body of the system unit to access the coolers.
- Usually the easiest way to remove the processor fan, as it is located in a prominent place. So let’s start with him. You will need a screwdriver to unscrew the bolts and remove the cooler.
- Along the way, we remove the radiator with the processor fan. Separate each from each other and carefully clean. You can use the vacuum cleaner. Then cotton sticks moistened in alcohol (cologne or vodka). It is advisable to clean all the ribs, details and available surfaces.
- If you have a thermal paste, then it is good to process the place of contact of the radiator and processor with it. True, do not forget to first remove the old pasta with alcohol.
- Then we collect everything back. Now go to the lubrication procedure. To do this, on the processor cooler we remove a special sticker located in the center. Next, you need to pull out a small rubber corpse (for example, using a tweezer or screwdriver). Be extremely careful.
- Under the elastic band you find a sleeve and axis. Using a match, toothpick or cotton wool, remove the old grease.
- Then you can proceed to lubrication. Just apply a little oil to the fan axis. At the same time, remember that there is no need for a large amount of lubrication. After all, when applying a rubber plug, all excesses will be squeezed out. In addition, because of this, the case may be stained, and it will be difficult to glue the protective sticker back.
- As you already understood, the final stage is the return of the rubber cork to the place. In this case, you need to ensure that the lubrication does not come out. Then we wipe the cooler body and go to the sticker. If it has worn hard, then it can be replaced with an ordinary piece of tape. Just do not forget to remove all the excess adhesive tape, otherwise because of the working cooler they will rustle and make an additional noise.
You can lubricate the internal parts of the fan. But it’s pretty complicated. And you have to completely disassemble the cooler. Therefore, take up such a job only if you are confident in your abilities and have a certain experience. Otherwise you can easily ruin the cooler.
How to calm the cooler on the processor?
I’m used to watching the video on the iPhone using Air Video program. It works as follows. The server part standing on PC lives on the video in the MP4 and Wi-Fi broadcasts it to the phone. Everything works wonderful and suits me with the exception of howls of the system unit. The system is based on the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L motherboard.
Is it possible to somehow increase the threshold of cooler output at high speeds or somehow optimize his work. He works terribly, he begins to howl for five seconds for 10, and everything repeats again.
A few steps that, I think, should help.
SPEEDFAN program and inspect the processor temperature during conversion. The temperature of more than 50 degrees is already a mess. Interferes with cooling and adds noise, which clogs into the radiator and into the cooler.
Pour the insides of the computer. Separately remove the radiator and cooler, clean them, after cleaning, degrease the surface of the chip and radiator, and, applying thermal grease, return the radiator with cooler to place. Then grease the coolera bearing, dripping on it with machine oil. Over time, dust clogs there, and even at low speeds the cooler begins to make a noticeable noise.
If there is an external video card, it makes sense to do with the radiator and cooler similarly.2
If there are corps fans, then they should be cleaned and also greased their bearings.
Power supply, if under warranty, then sprinkle on the outside, through the ventilation hole. If not, then open the body and clean it from dust. Then also lubricate the bearing on the power supply fan.
Forced decrease in the fan speed can lead to emergency shutdown of the computer as a result of unacceptable overheating. Therefore, it is worth using this method with caution, especially with computers whose system units are clogged with dust.
Without an update of iron: lower the power and frequency of the processor, to the level that it would just be enough for converting.
With an appetite of iron: put another cooling, with a BOOOOLRISH radiator.
So, I’ll summarize and answer questions.
I did not want to put a manual regulator, after all, 2011, the problem should be solved programmatically. Reducing the priority of the converter, putting it on Low did not help, everything is noisy. In Bios, I found only an option with “buzzing as it is now” and “buzzes constantly”. The cooler when buying a PC bought normal. GlacialTech Igloo 5600PWM. Put it correctly, blowing towards the fan in the back of the case. By the way, one more is in the front and blowing inside. The monitor is good, but sometimes you want not to sit, but to lie, and sometimes in another room. Plus, it happens that the girl works at the computer, at the time of watching the series, I do not want to make noise under her ear, although she never complained
I managed to align the rulings on the cooler as follows. I rummaged around the Gigabyte website, and found a certain Easy Tune 5 there.
By default, it was 100% / 66 ° / 20 ° / 28%, set 100% / 66 ° / 55 ° / 30%. By the way, for a long time I could not understand how exactly the temperature affects interest, but it seemed to figure it out. What did it give? The Temperiurus as it was 34-35 on the processor remained, but the cooler slowed down from 2500 to 1000, that is, to work without load became much quieter. When converting even the 8-giving MKV file, the temperature does not rise above 50-52 ° C. And the cooler begins to be recruited only if the processor warms up above 55 degrees.
In general, thank you all, smacks, shops, sympa, rating, karma, etc.D.
How to properly and quickly grease the cooler of a modern laptop | Computer from scratch!
Each laptop owner over time is faced with the fact that the device begins to bask and make noise a lot. In such a situation, the cooler is to blame, which was clogged with dust. After all, during operation, dust and dirt constantly penetrate the device. As a result, the cooler is polluted and sometimes generally stops working. Solving such a problem is quite simple, it is necessary to clean and grease the fan, having previously learned how to lubricate the cooler of the laptop.
How to choose a lubricate laptop cooler, all available options
The primarily need to decide what is best to lubricate the laptop cooler. To begin with, it is strictly notable to lubricated with petroleum jelly, solidol and other fat compounds, which will instantly be squeezed out and will be on all the insides of the device. Also, many users may think about using sunflower oil, since not everyone knows how to lubricate the laptop cooler at home. At first, such an oil will give a result, noise will disappear. However, it quickly dries, and dirt begins to gather much faster.
Perfectly for lubricating the fan, suitable for the following options:
- Synthetic car oil,
- oil.used oil,
- Silicone lubrication used for household appliances,
- special lubricant for cooler.
After they learned what is better to lubricate the laptop cooler, you can proceed directly to the lubrication procedure.
How to lubricate a laptop cooler
The fan lubrication procedure is quite time.consuming and consists of several stages:
- The primarily required to get to the cooler. To do this, you need to study the instructions or use any leadership. Usually to see the cooler, just remove the back cover.
- To do this, take out the battery and using a special screwdriver unscrew the screws that fix the rear panel. After removing it, it will immediately become clear how to grease the cooler on the laptop processor.
- Then eliminate dust from the radiator and fan. To do this, it is better to apply a vacuum cleaner, it is guaranteed to eliminate the dust from hard.to.reach places.
- Remove the cooler. It is usually necessary to unscrew a pair of screws and, of course, disconnect various cables and power connectors.
- Using a small brush, eliminate the dust from the blades. You can also use any alcohol-based tool.
- We look for a sticker on the cooler case, on some models of laptops it is absent. Before lubricating the laptop cooler, it is necessary to peel off the sticker with a sharp object. Immediately behind it a small hole will appear, sometimes closed by a special sleeve. Having eliminated it, the required access to the bearing and axis opens before you. On certain models, eliminating the sleeve is extremely problematic. As a result, her medical syringe is corny pierce.
- Using the same syringe we drip into the hole, a few drops are enough. Next, scroll the blades with your hand so that the lubricant spreads better. Remember, before lubricating the laptop cooler, the oil needs to be administered slowly. Should not be poured into the bearing part in one motion.
- Now we return the sleeve and stick the sticker. If she does not hold on, then use a piece of tape.
- It remains only to install the fan on its position. It would be nice to apply thermal pass to the surface that contacts the processor.
Having completed the procedure, do not rush to turn on the device, wait for about 20 minutes, let the lubrices penetrate all the components of the fan.
Many manufacturers recently began to mount non.vegetable fans into their laptops. Their only plus is a cheaper price. However, if the question arises of how to lubricate the indiscriminate cooler of the laptop, then a real problem emerges here. You can try to avoid a laborious procedure and immediately purchase a new fan if you can find it. Otherwise, the question will arise about the analysis of a non.vegetable cooler. It should be said that the procedure is not easy, but to every person can do:
- Start by taking off the back cover of the laptop.
- We remove the fan, in each laptop model it is carried out in different ways, so look into the passport device.
- Now, before lubricating the laptop cooler, it is necessary to drill an aluminum plug in the center of the fan, for this we take a suitable drill and drill.
- We drill to the moment when the spindle and stop washer become visible.
- We take a needle and carefully eliminate the lock washer, even if you damage it nothing terrible, you can do without it.
After extracting the locking ring, the impeller is easily extracted, now you can proceed to lubrication. Lubricate well, since most likely the disassembled fan is completely dry. By the way, what kind of oil to lubricate the laptop cooler you decide, or rather, that you have at hand.
Lubricating all the elements, proceed to the back assembly. You can not install a lock washer if you do not find it. Also do not forget to change thermal grease, even despite the installed thermal laying.
After the procedure performed, you can easily disassemble and lubricate your fan easily. Which in the future will avoid many problems associated with how to lubricate the ASUS laptop cooler.
How to grease the cooler on the Lenovo laptop
High.quality cooling system is an important element of the Lenovo laptop. It is she who ensures the effective operation of many elements of the device. Accordingly, regular maintenance of the cooler allows you to significantly extend the service life of the entire laptop. It should be said that the actions to lubricate the cooler of the Lenovo laptop is almost identical to the procedure on alternative models. The same applies to what lubricant to lubricate the cooler of the laptop. Any option that is used for such a procedure is suitable.
In the future we act according to the standard procedure. Remove the back cover and take out those elements that interfere with comfortable disassembly. Having reached the desired cooler, remove it. Now we determine the collapsible whether it is or not and, depending on the option, we take those actions that will allow it to completely disassemble.
How to Clean a CPU Fan
The computer is noisy. How to grease the fan?
Hello, my dear visitors to a computer blog! Over time, any thing with constant use gradually wears out. This is especially true for computer technology. With every hour of work, the resource of all devices in the computer decreases. Over time, the system unit begins to work louder. And many users begin to look for why the computer is noisy. You will learn about this problem and its solution from this article.
Why is the computer noise?
Let’s first figure out why the computer is noisy. Most often, the loud noise creates moving parts in the system unit. cooling fans. Over time, a lubricant dries due to heating, and this entails a greater wear of parts, as well as an increase in vibration transmitted to the metal case of the system unit, which serves as a resonator. Hence the loud noise of the computer.
To cope with this, you need to lubricate the fan with any lubricant fluid. Below I will tell you in detail how to lubricate the fan in the power supply, since it is the hardest thing to get to it. Fans on the body of the system unit are lubricated much easier, it is much easier to get to them.
How to grease the fan?
Now let’s move on to the practical part in which I will tell you how to lubricate the fan of the system unit and at the same time not harm the computer and yourself.
- The first and most important rule when lubricating the computer fans is to de.energize the system unit. Disconnect power cord from the system unit. It will be much more convenient for you if you turn off all the wires from the system unit and put it on a flat surface on the right side, if you look at the systematic from the front side.
- Unscrew 2 screws holding the side cover of the system unit. They are marked in the image below arrows. Remove the lid, pushing it from the front panel.
- Disconnect all power wires from devices (hard drive, drive, motherboard, video card). On the motherboard, the power wires are disconnected only after pressing the latch. Pull the wires carefully so as not to damage the devices. All disconnected wires are indicated in the photo below arrows.
- Now you can unscrew the bolts with which the power supply unit is screwed to the system unit body. Usually 4 of them and they are in the area of accession of the power wire. The image below shows the location of these bolts.
- Pushing the power supply inside the system unit, holding your hand, and then carefully remove it from the system of the system. Put the computer power supply on the table for further disassembly.
- To get to the fan, which is the reason why the computer is noisy, you need to remove the lid of the power supply. It holds on four bolts where they are shown below. They need to be unscrewed.
- Next, you need to unscrew the fan itself, which gives extraneous noise. He holds on four screws. They are screwed directly into the fan. Unscrew them and remove the fan. It can be soldered to the board, or can be attached to it through a special connector. The latter can be disconnected for the convenience of performing further actions, most importantly, then do not forget to attach it again. Put the extracted fan sticker up.
- Gently turn the sticker. Usually it is easy to peel off. It is enough to peel off. In my case, the fan was very old and the sticker on it was paper. Now fans are made with a polymer sticker, which is easily peel off and glued back. Its task is to hold the traffic jam.
- Remove the cork-subside. It can be hung up with something sharp, for example, with an awl or a screwdriver, in extreme cases you can use a straightened paper clip. In most cases, this cork will be rubber, but sometimes it is plastic, and in some cases it may not be at all. In this case, a small hole is drilled or picking in the middle.
- Now you can drop the lubricating liquid into the fan, silicone grease is best suited. I use WD-40, but when you spray it there, try to do it carefully. It is better to use a syringe or butter for this. So much more neatly and the lubrication is not sprayed onto the fan. If excess lubricating liquid appeared around the traffic jam, wipe them with a napkin or toilet paper.
Lubrication of the fan with lubricating liquid
- Close the hole with a cork-submarine. Stick the sticker, if you ruined it, you can cut a piece of tape in size. Collect everything in the reverse order: the fan to the power supply, the lid, the power supply in the system unit.
- Connect the power connectors to the motherboard and devices in the system unit.
Connection of power wires to system units devices
In addition to the fan in the power supply, you may have fans on the system of the system unit. They are lubricated in the same way. Unscrewed from their seats and lubricated. Now the noise in the system unit should be at the usual level.
I hope I clearly explained how to lubricate the fan and why the computer is noisy. If you have difficulties in lubricating the fan, write questions in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев, I will be happy to answer them.
DIY lubrication procedure
We take Litol-24 to the tip of something thin. Whether it is a screwdriver or knife. Press it into the lubricant. Add 2-3 drops of sewing oil on top. We fill the hole with the same lithol-24. Oil forms an oil film.
Cleaning and lubricating a laptop fan, replacing thermal compound
We assure that such a composition will last approximately 3-4 years of work, if you work even 12-15 hours a day. Such a composition is no worse than silicone lubrication.
When you make a second lubricant, then after the use of the lithola you will need to get rid of its hardened residues. To do this, you will need to disassemble the cooler more thoroughly. That is, you have to remove the axis.
What to do if the cupler of the power supply makes noise even after the lubricant has been made? Such a noise means that there is some more serious breakdown. In such a situation, you can attempt to repair the cooler. It is also possible that you will have to purchase a new cooler.
There are craftsmen among us who make a bold decision to completely disassemble the fan. They remove the coil with the winding and the magnet. Do you need to do it personally? The decision in each case is made by the user himself. However, keep in mind that after that it may turn out that the fan will work much worse.
It happens that the cooler does not spin or make noise. At the same time, the user, when he performs disassembly, sees that there is no sticker. And he does not know how to get to the axis. This is obtained often with GeForce video cards.
Similar fans deservedly received the name of non.graceful. There is no option that would provide for lubrication. What to do? Just call for a replacement.
However, the craftsmen still found a method on how to deal with this problem. In the place where the axis is supposed to be, and this is usually in the center of the fan, you need to drill a small hole. And then they instill oil in it. Then the hole is sealed with tape. But how effective this method is, it is difficult to judge.