Installation of heating radiators with their own hands in the apartment
First, you should read the list of tools you will need. You need to stock up on a drill with a pobedite drill bit. The list of tools includes torque wrenches, screwdriver, pliers, tape measure, level, pencil and ruler. In general, the characteristic composition of the toolbox.
First, turn off the heating system and drain the liquid. In private buildings a pump is used for this purpose, but in apartments you need to contact the housing and communal services. Then the old structures are disconnected. Then the marking of the brackets is performed. A spirit level must be used for a proper and level installation. Horizontal installation will eliminate the gassiness of the system and allows you to fully drain the water. Then mount brackets
It is important to test the units for strength by pressing them with your own weight. For cast iron and aluminum radiators only 2 brackets are used. Plastic will require more elements
The walls must be clean, flat, plastered. Then mount shutoff valves. All connections are safely sealed. Then connect the pipes. To connect the structure to the pipeline, you will need to make a thread on the fittings. Now for heating, metal-plastic pipes are used
Plastic requires more elements. The walls must be clean, level and plastered. Then the shutoff valve is installed. All connections are reliably sealed. Then connect the pipes. To connect the structure to the pipeline, you will need to make threads on the fittings. Now for heating, metal-plastic pipes are used.
To avoid leaks a torque wrench is used. This is a must when installing aluminum pipes, which necessarily involves mounting an air valve. In this case, the force on the tool should not exceed 12 kg.
To seal the joints, packing or any other sealant is used. After installation a pressure test is required. These works should be entrusted to a professional. He has a special tool and the necessary skills. If you find a leak, you will need to adjust the nipple.
How do you add sections?
Once you have determined by experience that the cause of a cool temperature in the house is not clogged radiator, you should find a store that sells heating equipment near your home (so you do not have to go far away and thus to waste your time). You need to buy the same sections that your radiator is equipped with. cast iron, aluminum, or bimetallic.
It should not be that you choose the wrong sections. because of such a mistake you simply do not get to add them, that is, the money spent will be a waste, so be careful. Section increase procedure is performed in the same sequence of operations for all types of radiators.
Read more: Finding the owner of the apartment by the cadastral number
To connect the sections, you need a connecting nut. nipple
Proceed directly to increase the number of sections. The first thing to do is to unscrew the lug with a radiator wrench from the side to which you plan to add one or more more more elements. After you have unscrewed a pipe nipple (connecting nut) in the mating section. It is necessary to take into account the following important feature: the threads on the different ends of the nipple are different, and to correctly perform the installation of new sections you must be guided by the following rules:
- The right side of the nipple should be directed to the side where the connection will be made with the new element;
- Correspondingly, the left one. towards the already present sections of the heating radiator.
To prevent the battery from leaking in the future, put on the nipple inter-sectional gaskets (they can be rubber, paranitic, or gel). They must be put on carefully and carefully, this will ensure that the gasket is as even as possible, without undesirable distortions. Next you need to tighten the thread. This action should also be carried out without sudden movements, in a leisurely rhythm, and carefully. If you want a quality increase in the radiator heating, then no hurry is out of the question.
To prevent leaks, you need an inter-sectional gasket
Extremely undesirable damage to the metal thread. because of this can not appear the most innocuous problems, which will have to spend additional time and money.
The enlarged radiator must be put back on the bracket and the connection to the central heating pipe must be renewed. To do this you need to arm yourself with a wrench of the appropriate diameter and hemp, which is needed to wrap the pipe thread when screwing the radiator.
It is not difficult to add sections to a radiator, you do not need to work 10 years in a team of heating installers. But without a serious approach, availability of basic tools and removing to this process your personal time is not enough. However, you can resort to the second option to solve the problem with the insufficient heating of the room. to become a customer of a company providing such services, the employees of which will do everything themselves, quickly and efficiently.
The boiler room is smoking from the heat, but the house is still cold? What is the reason for this situation? Your cast iron radiators may simply not be able to cope with the strain, which can be especially severe during a frosty day? How to increase the efficiency of the radiator? In such a case, there is a way out. it is to transfer heating radiators and increase their. After all, you do not need to replace the radiators, you can simply move them to a better environment and increase the missing number of sections.
How to disassemble the aluminum heating radiator with your own hands?
Removing the aluminum battery occurs in the following cases:
Before you disassemble the aluminum radiator, you need to prepare a set of wrenches and a screwdriver.
Further actions are made in the following sequence:
- The coolant is discharged from the system. If the disassembly takes place during the heating season, you should wait until the battery cools.
- Using a wrench we unscrew the coupling that connects the hose running from the radiator to the heating pipe.
- Disconnected radiator should be free from residual water and put on a flat surface with the flat side up.
- The filter from the battery is taken out and thoroughly washed. This should be done immediately, because the dirt that has accumulated in it can harden, and then it will be extremely difficult to remove.
- Further work is to disassemble the battery into sections. They are connected to each other by special nipple nuts. To remove them you need a wrench for disassembly of aluminum radiators, turning it counterclockwise you can easily remove them from the radiator. This should be done very carefully to avoid warping.
After disassembly the radiator sections are washed and reassembled in the same sequence.
Heat my Room. EDTalks Aluminium Radiators
If it is necessary to fix the leak, then a special solution of epoxy resin with the addition of bronze powder is suitable for aluminum radiators. Working with this compound must be quick, since it dries in minutes, so the place of the leak must be cleaned and prepared in advance.
Pros and cons of bimetallic radiators
Installation of bimetallic batteries provides the following advantages to the owners:
- Units are resistant to corrosion, which is important for centralized heating networks with low quality coolant.
- The unit can operate in conditions of high pressure in the network and at a significant temperature of the coolant.
- Due to the fact that sections can be added or removed, it is easy to adjust the heat output of the battery.
- The unit heats up and cools down quickly and has a good heat transfer due to the characteristics of the metals used in its manufacture.
- A small amount of coolant circulates inside the unit, reducing energy consumption for heating.
- The entire unit is lightweight and therefore easy to transport and install. Standard fixings are available to simplify installation and to ensure reliable fixation of the unit.
If aluminum and steel have certain disadvantages, then by combining in a bimetallic device, they are completely leveled, so we can say that these units are devoid of disadvantages. The only disadvantage is the high cost of construction. It is also inexpedient to use bimetal batteries in autonomous heating networks with low pressure, because the significant costs of buying a unit designed for high pressure will simply be unjustified.
Connection of bimetallic radiators with each other
Painting the battery and installing taps
Now you know how you can add sections of cast iron heating radiator yourself. If desired, you can additionally install taps on the radiators. But there are other causes of cold in the room. Not always the reason is a heavy load, with which the radiators do not cope. The mistake of many is the wrong painting of heating batteries. Every year, painting radiators, we do not think about the fact that it is necessary to first remove the old layer of paint, and then apply a new one. Several coats of paint are bad for heating the room. The efficiency of radiators decreases significantly.
To ensure that the efficiency of heating radiators is not reduced, as well as the performance of the device does not deteriorate it is necessary to remove the old layer of paint.
To paint heating radiators it is necessary to choose a special paint that resists high temperatures. Ordinary enamel is not suitable for painting batteries. Since at high temperatures it will heat up and over time will turn yellow.
If the problem of poor quality heating is still a large load, then we have already looked at ways to improve the efficiency of heating radiators. But in order not to carry out such complicated work it is better to correctly calculate the required number of heating radiator sections when replacing the old heating system for the new one.
To improve the heat output of heating batteries, it is desirable to choose high-quality materials. After all, a large percentage of the heat output depends on the characteristics of the material. And, consequently, and the efficiency of heating will increase significantly when using high-quality materials.
After studying our article, you can easily increase the sections of the radiator heating. The main thing is to use quality materials and be careful when carrying out the work. Following simple rules, you will be able to adjust the heating system and make a comfortable atmosphere in your home.
How to add sections to the heating radiator
In order not to start a time-consuming and expensive procedure to reconstruct the entire heating system, usually resort to another course of action. to screw on additional sections. This work is not very complicated, so it is often carried out by the owners of homes. It is important to understand how to connect the radiators correctly. The main thing. to study well the technology of how to add heating radiators. This will ensure that the procedure is carried out properly and quickly.
After connection of all planned sections the radiator must be fixed on the wall. For this purpose special hooks are used that are installed at the level of the radiator. Hang the device on the hooks, and tighten all connections with fittings. To tighten the wrench is used. All joints should be put a sealant or use a special adhesive tape for pipes. Additional waterproofing of the radiator will not be superfluous.
After completing the assembly of the heating device perform a visual inspection for possible errors. If they are absent test filling of the heating system with water. The first run of the coolant is performed without pressure, to identify poor connection points of the radiator with the pipe. If there are such defects they shall be corrected immediately. Repeat the filling of the heating system is performed at normal pressure of the coolant.
After attaching additional sections to the main radiator test the system. To do this, leave the heating on for a few hours. Then check the condition of the pipe parts, fittings and heating devices. If there are no defects and leaks go to the question of how to connect the radiators with each other.
Radiator upgrade. how to upgrade the radiators correctly
Connecting the sections of bimetallic radiators is carried out in the following sequence of operations:
- The removed radiator is installed on a flat base, and an additional section is put in front of it. It should be taken into account that one of its sides is equipped with a right-hand thread, and the other with a left-hand thread. Then take a nipple, positioning it in such a way as to achieve a matching thread on the connected sections. Then it is screwed on the left end of the radiator by one thread. After completing the procedure, the element for the lower part of the radiator is done in the same way.
- After that, the sections prepared for joining are tightly joined to each other. Put a gasket between them by measuring the distance to the nipple (you will need a radiator wrench to do this). It is inserted by the measured length into the special recess at the backside of the radiator. In order to screw the radiator spanner, a pipe spanner is used.
- When screwing the nipple it is important to ensure that it at the same time sinks into the opposite battery sections. After completing this procedure, three full turns are made with a radiator wrench. This ensures that the nipple is fixed as tightly as possible.
- In the next step the radiator spanner is moved to the other side of the heating device. The screwing procedure is carried out in the same way as with the lower part. Important: At the end of the process the sections to be switched must be as tight as possible.
- Finally side plugs and paronite gaskets are installed on the radiator. For this purpose you will need a pipe wrench. It is important to get them screwed in as firmly as possible to create a good seal. This will ensure that no water will seep into the junction. This is the last operation in the extension of the radiator heating system.
Is it possible to increase the battery heating in the apartment
Before you add sections to a bimetallic radiator, you need to prepare the following materials and tools:
- Section for retrofitting.
- Special pipe wrench (gas wrench).
- Gaskets for batteries.
- Heating nipple set.
- Key for radiators.
- Side battery plugs with left-hand and right-hand threads.
- Gaskets made of paronite.