What is the best rope
For every economic person an important question: what rope to pick up for drying, so it served long and did not lose its appearance. It is recommended to pay attention to such features as strength, durability. It should not stretch. The most suitable rope options for drying clothes:
- The rope made of metal in a PVC sheath will be strong and durable. The material is not subject to deformation, is resistant to moisture, does not stain things. The only drawback is the high cost.
- Plastic cord is resistant to moisture and will not stain laundry. Minus: after a while the tension is lost, and the rope sags under the weight of the clothes.
- Rope of polypropylene has good durability qualities, does not deform. The product has a favorable price/quality ratio.
- Jute cords are strong, environmentally friendly, their surface is not electrifying.
- Cotton rope is a durable and environmentally friendly product. From the influence of moisture it quickly loses its appearance and there are dust stains on it, which can leave dark marks on your clothes.
Regardless of model type, the dryer base is ceiling-mounted, the adjustment system is wall-mounted. Its practicality and durability is determined by the material it is made of, but regardless of that its service life is 5 to 10 years.
The structure of the dryer
The product shape resembles a frame, which consists of connected tubes. The height of the parts is adjustable on the block, it is freely attached to the wall.
The dimensions of the tubes depend on the model and can vary from 50 cm to 2 m. They are positioned at different heights, thus facilitating faster drying of the laundry.
Both the main structure and its adjustment system can be installed at any height. This allows people of all heights to use the dryer.
Advantages and disadvantages
The ceiling dryer is not only conducive to drying, but also compact and capacious. In addition, “Liana” has a number of other advantages:
- affordable price.
- Easy to install.
- Classic design.
- Short, but detailed installation instructions.
- Minimum number of tools required.
- Can be installed on ceilings made of any material.
- Does not have a time limit on the term of use.
You can put up to 15 kg of laundry on the tubes, but the weight depends on the material of which it is made. Disadvantages of this product are few: installation of dryers (causes difficulties for the beautiful half) and a ban on attachment to stretch and suspended ceilings.
A big plus of this brand is its cost. The amount depends on the type of model, configuration and the material from which it is made. The minimum price of the dryer 355 ₽.
Overview of types
There are several varieties of dryers, similar to the “Liana” on the principle of action, but differing from it in detail in construction.
One of the most famous is the ceiling dryer of the block type. The drying rods cannot be lowered or raised unequally as their ends are firmly fixed. The construction itself is a rectangular frame with 4 or 5 crossbars on which the clothes are hung for drying. There are fewer cords to adjust the height of this design because the rod system is monolithic.
These dryers have a significant disadvantage: the clothes always have to hang almost perfectly evenly, to prevent the warping of the entire structure. And the crossbars or tubes, on which the clothes are dried, are always at the same level, which, of course, increases the drying time.
A more advanced variation is the electric model design “Liana“. Lowering and raising the bars in this case is done by means of a control panel, so there is no unit with ropes and fixing caps in these models. Most electric models have a lifting mechanism automatically turns off when overloaded, so their service life is quite long.
Fans built into the design speed up the drying process by introducing warm air into the space between the bars. Some models even have UV lamps, which are used to disinfect laundry.
Electric models can differ significantly from each other in the number of rods, the distance between them and the location in space in relation to each other. In this segment there are models not only with a single-tier arrangement of the bars, but also instances in which the tubes (bars) are mounted at different levels.
Split-level design is more practical as it allows for simultaneous drying of laundry of various sizes. The lower bars are designed for such large things as a blanket, plaids and sets of bed linen, and the upper bars are usually used for drying clothes of a smaller size.
Liana is a practical dryer for urban balconies
Despite a variety of washing machines with dryers and special appliances, the natural drying of clothes, linens and towels is recognized as the most gentle and therefore the correct. Use a handy tool to hang things up. One of them. “liana” for drying laundry on the balcony, terrace or loggia. is convenient, reliable, costs inexpensive, you can buy in a hardware store, self-install, if necessary, repair or make your own hands.
What you need for assembly?
Installation is simple. To do this, you need to read the diagram and instructions attached to the product. To perform the assembly of the Liana clothes dryer, you need to prepare:
- Peorator. The alternative is an electric drill. This tool is required for drilling holes in walls and ceilings. Drilling through not only through the finish layer, but also down to the bottom.
- Measuring tape measure, and a crayon. Using a tape measure, measurements are taken. With a pencil on the surface of the walls or ceiling marks for fixing the product.
- Fixing elements. They are usually included with the dryer.
- Cordless electric screwdriver or standard screwdriver.
- Dowels and self-tapping screws.
Ceiling laundry dryer for the balcony type “Liana” how to choose the perfect option and install it yourself
Ceiling laundry dryer to the balcony. a great solution for limited space. The design does not take up useful space, is very convenient to use and has a large capacity. The most important thing is to choose the best option and install it correctly, this is what we will talk about in this article, just read it and you will have an excellent understanding of the subject.
Ceiling dryers are time-tested, because many people have been using them for more than 20 years. What hostesses like about lianas? First and foremost, compactness. Even the largest dryer in the folded position almost does not take up space on the balcony or loggia, not clutter it and does not spoil the interior. Metal parts are painted white, products have a modern design and do not stand out against the ceiling. The only detail in sight is the ropes assembled in the holder.
Easy to use: no need to climb on a chair and reach for the ropes with your hands. They are easily lowered down, and then together with the laundry are raised back up to the ceiling and fixed at the right height. Removing the dried items from the bars is also easy.
Another advantage is that round rods are used for hanging laundry. Because they are made of hollow metal or plastic tubing, they are much larger in diameter than the thickest ropes. Thanks to the white finish, there are no wire marks on the clothes and sometimes no ironing is required.
Before you run to the store for a dryer, answer yourself a few simple questions:
- How often you plan to use the dryer.
- The size and weight of laundry you want to dry on the structure.
- The type of construction, the size of the room and the ventilation system.
- The way the laundry is dried.
- The material from which the body is made.
- The cost of design.
Моя Семья.Самая подробная инструкция по установке бельевой сушилки
The range offered today guarantees a decent choice for all conditions and circumstances.
The range of dryers on the market today is wide, allowing everyone to choose a design based on their desires and needs.
What to choose?
When choosing a “Liana” you need to consider not only your needs and preferences, but also the technical nature of the balcony or loggia. They are as varied as the types of “Lianas”.
Before you go to the store, the following points should be considered:
- Balcony size. If the balcony is narrow, it may be that after installing the “Liana” it is impossible to open the windows. It is recommended to make a marking where the edge of the window frame passes when opened. Based on this marking you can understand the size of the “Liana“, the distance over which it will go down and up.
- Construction material. Here it is important to know how much laundry has to be dried at one time. If the family is large, the load on the structure will be frequent and large. In this case, it is better to choose “Liana” with metal rods.
- Among metal bars, stainless steel should be preferred. Aluminum bars are usually covered with paint. Because of the frequent contact with the humid environment and with the warm air, after a while the paint starts to peel off and stain the laundry. At an even later stage, the aluminum itself begins to deform. Steel rungs are also subject to paint peeling, but they don’t stain the laundry. And steel is practically not subject to deformation.
- The thickness of control ropes. The rope is also under considerable strain. If it is thin, it causes problems when lifting the rungs. Thin ropes wear out faster and can tear. Restoration requires additional funds, since the kit does not include spare parts.
Ideal if the rope is woven from several layers of strong thread.
- Clamps. The best retainers are made of plastic or metal.
- Manufacturer. There are European and Chinese models on the market. The Chinese models are budget models, but they often break. They have weak combs, soft plastic clamps, the rope is thin.
The volume of the washing machine must be taken into account. The bigger it is, the bigger should be the “Liana” in size.