How to build a dishwasher into a kitchen
Ten to 15 years ago, dishwashers were still a rarity in the kitchens of city apartments. The complexity of installation, difficulty in operation and maintenance and, of course, the price. That’s a whole new ball game today. Dishwashers have become more affordable for all segments of the population. The choice of a suitable model for your home has significantly expanded.
And best of all, installing a dishwasher into a finished kitchen requires no more skilled labor. It’s easy to find a place in the kitchen, connect it and set it up yourself. In this article, we will familiarize ourselves with the main stages of installation, and consider in detail the process itself.
Dishwasher installation conditions
Before deciding to buy a dishwasher, decide on the place and possibility of installing it.
This is a much easier task with freestanding models. A small amount of free space is required on any worktop in the kitchen, on the windowsill or even on the floor. A built-in model can be installed in a specially prepared recess.
The indisputable advantage of built-in models is high hygiene, reduced noise level, no visibility of the unit’s body, hoses and wires. All these factors make such dishwashers preferable. It is ideal to use kitchen sets with a ready-made cabinet to install the dishwasher. Otherwise, you will need to provide a suitable location yourself.
To do this, you must first find out the exact dimensions of the main models offered by retailers. This information is given in advertising pamphlets and brochures, on Web sites, or on price tags in the sales area.
Next, using a tape measure, take measurements of all cabinets, other pieces of furniture in the kitchen. Take into account any free space, such as between cabinets, between the cabinet and the refrigerator, and so on. Based on the results of these studies, choose a model of the machine according to its dimensional features.
Dishwashers from well-known manufacturers are often 60 cm wide and less often 45 cm wide (narrow models). Narrow models have a height of 82 to 88 cm, which corresponds to the standard height of kitchen tables. All machines have a depth of 55 cm, which makes it possible to connect the utilities to the connections and connectors located on the back wall.
The presence of free connection points of utilities or the possibility of parallel input are taken into account in the next stage of preparing the installation site.
To connect will require availability:
If the electric cable, if necessary, is brought without much effort, then with the water supply and drainage pipes it is already more difficult. For this reason, the place of installation should be chosen next to the sink. The possibility of equipping risers with tee fittings will solve the problem of connection quickly and with minimal cost.
Choosing a location for your dishwasher
Right from the start it’s important to consider where you want to put the dishwasher. The appliance’s distance from the supply lines, the installation position and the risk of colliding with other appliances must all be taken into consideration.
Away from the utilities
The place where the built-in dishwasher is to be located must be suitable for the safe operation of the unit. The body of the machine must not come into contact with electrical wiring, water and sewage pipes. For effective ventilation of the enclosed space, the back of the machine must be at least 50 mm away from the wall.
The socket for the connection can be installed in a convenient place, pulling the wiring. Wires should not be behind or under the dishwasher. The distance from the sink should be minimal.
The closer the siphon is under the sink, the more efficiently the waste water will drain out of the dishwasher.
The installation method
There are two solutions to this problem. The machine is hidden in one of the existing kitchen cabinets or built into a pre-prepared opening between floor cabinets. Installing the dishwasher in the second option is directly related to the hinging of the front, which will be discussed in this article.
To ensure a long and trouble-free operation of the dishwasher, you need to pay attention to expert advice on the proper placement of the washer in relation to other appliances in the kitchen. Here are four tips for this.
- Dishwashers can not be installed close to heat sources, which are radiators, ovens, gas or electric stoves. Violation of this rule leads to frequent overheating of the machine, which leads to failure. For example, the distance between the appliance and the oven should be at least 40 cm. If due to the cramped kitchen space it is not possible to comply with such a condition, then between the devices lay a plate of foil polypropylene or foam plastic.
- Washing machine must not be adjacent to the washing machine. Washing machine hard to vibrate when spinning. Vibration will be transmitted to all “neighbors”, which will soon have a negative effect on the technical condition of the unit. Simultaneous operation of two appliances can lead to breakage of dishes inside the washing chamber.
- Near proximity to microwave may interfere with electronic components in the dishwasher. It is best if the MV oven will be at a distance of 0.7. 1 m from the machine. Experts recommend hanging the microwave oven on brackets, rather than leaving it on the table.
- Close proximity to refrigerator and freezer is acceptable. The slight heat emission and slight vibration of these appliances does not threaten the dishwasher in any way.
Necessary tools and materials
Before proceeding to the dishwasher installation, you need to prepare the following tools and consumables.
The following tools will be needed to install the recessed unit:
- Phillips-head screwdriver for adjusting the height of the feet, hinging the front, attaching the clamps, etc.;
- laser level to control the horizontal and vertical alignment of the washing cabinet;
- Pliers for fixing the parts;
- Wrenches for connecting the fill hose, installing the tee fitting and plumbing connections;
- Concrete and masonry drill to install the socket and concealed wiring;
- tape measure, square, marker.
In addition, the following materials will be needed, in case they are not included in the delivery set of the machine:
- Fum tape, sanitary tape, gaskets, ties;
- A flexible hose with fasteners (cap nuts);
- corrugated hose with a sealing collar and coupling nut with gasket;
- siphon with a spigot for draining water from the dishwasher.
- socket outlet with socket underneath.
- double stranded wire.
- RCD automatic circuit breaker on the panel of the electric meter.
Features of self-installation
Consider two possible options for installing appliances in the interior. This installation in a new set, the scheme of which takes into account the order of a special niche for the dishwasher. Also, placement in the old kitchen, given the presence of prefabricated cabinets.
Installation in the new kitchen
Usually built-in models of the washing machines are made narrower. It is much easier when ordering the kitchen in advance to provide space for the device, otherwise later without remodeling the furniture, it will be difficult to fit the machine into the set.
Video instructions for installing Bosch Built in Dishwashers
If there is nothing in the room except the walls, then make a sketch of the future kitchen. Take into account the space for the appliances, the possibility of convenient connection (location of outlets, proximity to communications).
You have already decided on a dishwasher (Bosch, Whirlpool, Candy)? If you want to fit the appliance in the Ikea kitchen, then measure the dimensions of the model in the store, enter the results in the sketch and give the furniture makers. Do not forget about the place for ventilation. Walls of the hob must not touch the furniture. On the sides and behind leave a minimum gap of 5 cm.
It is important to remember about the connection of hoses and wires. Therefore, the cabinet can be ordered without the back.
Include the thickness of the fronts in the calculations. This is a panel on the sideboard that helps to hide the appliance from prying eyes. The method of its attachment to the dishwasher must be taken into account. This can be done with screws or self-tapping screws.
Placement in the finished kitchen
If space allows, extend the kitchen cabinets to a distance of 45-60 cm. It’s important to choose a place close to the sink. Also consider the distance of outlets.
The usual washing machine on legs with wheels makes the installation easier. You can put it in a cabinet or under a sink, adjust the height of the legs. Optional fasteners for fixing the enclosure to the walls of the set can be provided.
The installation of a freestanding machine under the countertop should be carried out with this in mind:
- Your dishwasher’s top panel is flush with the countertop. But this should not interfere with the opening of the door.
- The desired height is set by adjusting the feet. If the feet are static, and you need to raise the technique, then adapt a wooden box under the base.
If the depth of the niche allows it, push the dishwasher deep into the niche so that it can be mounted on the door of the set.
No clear cabinets to place the appliance in? That leaves the sink option. It can be a corner arrangement, the main thing is that the dishwasher fits in the opening.
To win extra space, install a new siphon that drains to the back and then to the bottom. If the sink is too deep, it can be replaced by a shallower one.
Choose a compact appliance. It will fit perfectly under the sink.
Tools and parts for installation
Depending on the place of installation, you will need the following accessories:
- euro sockets (waterproof);
- copper three-core cable with a cross section of 1.5 mm (for wiring to the socket);
- brass tee;
- Drain and fill hose of increased length (connections are not allowed, it is better to take one-piece hoses);
- corner faucet;
- Difaktor for 16 A (in the case of self-preparation of electrical communications);
- rubber gaskets, clamps, oakum, foum tape;
- siphon with two outlets (for installation under the sink);
- a water filter (this will extend the life of the appliance).
Prepare the tools in advance, so that everything is at hand:
- adjustable wrench;
- a set of screwdrivers (Phillips and slotted screwdrivers);
- spirit level;
- tape measure;
- electric screwdriver;
- peorator (for wiring grooves).
DIY replace or install dishwasher for beginners!
For powerful equipment, it is recommended to install a stabilizer, which will protect the model from damage in case of a power surge.
The order of installation of the built-in model
Consistent and correct installation of a new dishwasher is subject to several rules:
- Step back 5 cm from the back wall to the cabinet or wall surface;
- Determine from the instructions the stock of the box for the installation of equipment;
- specify from the diagrams on the installation of the places of holes in the decorative door of the box;
- Consider opening the cabinet door, taking into account the side location of the control panel;
- set the equipment on the level and adjust the height of the legs.
Tools, sources, and fittings
The number of tools depends on the type of kitchen set, the location of communications and the model of the device. From the tools you will need:
- adjustable wrench;
- screwdrivers. a Phillips-head screwdriver and a flat-tipped screwdriver;
- tape measure;
- a peorator;
- electric screwdriver.
You do not need many tools for independent installation of the dishwasher. Paying closer attention to the quantity and quality of parts. The list includes:
- 16A European-style sockets with sub-sockets;
- three-core copper cable with a diameter of 2 mm;
- metal-plastic water pipe tee fitting;
- FUM tape;
- ball valve for water intake hose;
- automatic circuit breaker;
- vapor barrier material;
- rubber gaskets;
- electrical wire;
- 16A autoswitch;
- A siphon with two outlets for the drainage pipes;
- plastic clamps;
Checking of complete set of PMT
Before you start installing the compact recessed model of the dishwasher, you need to check its completeness. Included with the equipment:
- brackets-fixators, which are installed on the furniture;
- heat exchangers;
- nozzles for splashing water;
- screw feet that allow you to fix the machine on an uneven surface;
- Two front and one rear foot;
- Screws for adjusting the feet;
- Hoses for water intake and drain.
The installation and connection instructions are also included. Despite the similarity of work for appliances of different brands, dishwashers, depending on the model, have nuances that must be taken into account when connecting.
Mounting in place
What’s the best way to install a recessed new dishwasher in the right spot in the kitchen? Work according to the following algorithm:
- Select the kitchen area so that the length of the hoses increases to 1.5 m. It is allowed to extend the hose up to 5 m, but the machine will malfunction.
- Prepare a niche with the bottom 60 cm wide for standard PMMs and 45 cm. for narrow ones.
- Drill holes in the wall of the cabinet for routing the water intake, drainage pipe and electrical wiring.
- Place the appliance against the niche, adjusting its feet.
- Install the spigots and connect the power cord.
- Put the vapor barrier foil and strips on the inside of the countertop.
- Install the accessories.
- Glue the complete noise protection to the bottom of the device.
- Positioning the oven in the niche.
- Check for proper installation with level and tape measure.
Installing the decorative fronts on the assembled dishwasher is done with long self-tapping screws. For this purpose, take the cabinet door and the panel from the drawer, fit to the size of the appliances and mount one by one on the sash of the PMM. The fittings can be reinstalled for convenience.
Connecting to the sewage system
Two methods are used to connect the device to the drainage system after the water is completely shut off:
- If there is a free hole in the drainage pipe, it is required to put the drainage pipe into the drainage sleeve;
- Connection to drain through the sink for appliances with water trap. The connection is made using a ¾-inch tee.
Regardless of the type of connection, it is worth installing a shut-off valve and an Aquastop system to prevent leaks.
Connection to the water mains
Installing a domestic dishwasher with water connection with your own hands is done in several ways. In the simple case, the intake hose is connected directly to the sink faucet. Such a measure is a temporary one, since the faucet in the kitchen is not used during work.
The second option is more labor-intensive, but effective:
- The water in the apartment is shut off.
- There is a branch to the riser of the water supply. a tee made of plastic or metal with a ball-type angle valve.
- Connect the complete water intake hose with a branch.
- When using rigid pipes, filters are placed in front of the closing faucet to prevent clogging.
Connecting to the power supply
In intensive washing mode, the machine consumes about 15 amps of current, which, with a minimal protection system, will lead to a power failure in the entire apartment. For proper wiring it is necessary to:
- Drill through the wall for the wiring with a chisel and a torch.
- Install a three-conductor cable at the switchboard.
- Install a circuit breaker.
- Connect the copper wire to the diphasic switch and pull it into the kitchen through the hole with a conclusion on the socket.
- Make a niche for podrosettnik, install the element and derive the wire.
- Disassemble the socket, connect it to the power supply and screw it back on.
For sockets, a wire with a diameter of 2 mm or more is suitable. Grounding is performed with a 3-wire wire without lead to the pipes.
Important! To protect against tripping, install a 16 amp RCD circuit breaker on the switchboard.
Check for leaks
How to install a dishwasher in a new finished kitchen, so that it works without interruption? Test it for leaks. You’ll need to open the water and, without turning the unit on, open the stopcock. After turning on the test program is run and assess the presence of leaks.
What experts advise
Jan 15, 2019, 09:00 Nov 2, 2019 00:00 PM About Offenses Link to current article
Features of installation
It’s not hard to install an automatic oven if you have a modern kitchen. The cabinets of the new units are standard and have room for built-in appliances. So it doesn’t need any additional work. But if you have long purchased furniture, the optimal place for the built-in dishwasher may not be.
See for more information. The most common dishwashers are 45 or 60 cm wide. The height comes in all shapes and sizes.
The installation of the automatic dishwasher into a kitchen unit
- Narrow. Narrow dishwashers are 45 cm wide, but in other respects they are not inferior to full-size automatic dishwashers. They are the most spacious and can be fully or partially integrated. Such machines have a maximum capacity of 6-10 sets. And they’re easy to integrate into a kitchen unit. Front for them is usually purchased separately.
- Compact. There’s only room for 5 pots and pans in the compact range. They are 60 cm wide. Such dishwashers are mounted into countertop, under and over the sink in the cabinet.
- Full-size. These are the most capacious models. They are 90 cm high and 65 cm wide. They can be built-in or free-standing on the kitchen unit.
A pre-prepared installation diagram will make your task easier.
Manufacturers, when leaving room for built-in appliances, focus on the parameters of narrow devices and can add another 10 cm on each side. But if there is no space in the set, buy a separate module. It is important that its appearance blends in with the design of the room. If that doesn’t work, make space for it next to the sink. Before installation, be sure to read the instructions.
The distance from the back wall to the dishwasher must be at least 5 cm. This will ensure good ventilation. If this rule is neglected, the automatic dishwasher will quickly break down.
Compact dishwashers are more convenient to install at chest level. Pay attention to the type of equipment and its special features before starting the installation. The correct location of the unit will save you from problems with its operation.
The optimal place for the installation of the sink is the module, which is located with the sink. There will be a sewer and a water supply, so there will be no difficulty in connecting the hoses.
Necessary tools and materials
Sometimes the instructions for the dishwasher contain a list of the necessary tools for installation. But not all manufacturers provide this information.
Before you begin installation, prepare the following:
- electric screwdriver;
- An electric drill or a torch;
- construction angle;
- tape measure.
Screwdrivers should be regular and Phillips screwdrivers. If you have a laser level, it is better to use it, because the ordinary will not be very convenient to work.
Use only new materials, as they are more reliable.
Checking the equipment
Before installation, remove the packaging and check the completeness. This is done in the presence of employees of the company where the purchase was made, since the kit may not contain all the parts.
Important! Check that the instructions are in Russian. Without it, it will be difficult to install a particular model of dishwasher.
The set must include fixing elements, gaskets with hoses and a special rubber apron for protection. Sometimes manufacturers also provide parts for installing a decorative trim.
Before installation, check the dimensions of the cabinet once again. Carefully perform the work:
- Place the dishwasher in front of the chosen location. Make holes in the walls of the cabinet and pull through the hoses that are responsible for the flow of water. Check to see if they need to be extended.
- We glue the film to the inner side of the tabletop to protect the wood from moisture. Then place the sealing tape around the edges.
- Install the damping elements (necessary to eliminate the vibration of the dishwasher) and the mounting plate.
- Adjusting the feet. The body of the washing machine must be in strictly vertical position. Check the distance from the niche wall to the edge of the dishwasher with a tape measure.
- Installing the decorative element. It is not necessary to order the cover, you can make it yourself from the parts of the cabinet. Fixing the trim with self-tapping screws.
The kit often includes material for noise insulation. Without it, the oven will be very noisy in operation.
Study the instructions before installation
The manufacturer encloses instructions on how to connect the dishwasher with each set. The importance of following the instructions is that the dishwasher is covered by a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty.
Improperly executed installation of the washing equipment, contrary to the requirements of the instructions, deprives the owner of the right to repair or complete replacement for a new unit in case of machine breakage during the warranty period.
In the manual you can find recommendations on how to connect the dishwasher to the sewer and water supply. The manual outlines the necessary technical parameters concerning the communications. These are the mains voltage, the working pressure of the cold water in the pipe, etc.
In the accompanying documentation the manufacturer publishes connection diagrams for apartments and private houses, showing the stages of installation of the washing equipment in the kitchen area.
Dishwasher connection diagrams
There are several ways to connect the washer units to the kitchen utilities. All the connection points on the built-in dishwasher are hidden by the furniture and the dishwasher itself. From an aesthetic point of view, this is the best way to connect.
In the case of a freestanding washing unit, all connections and wiring can be seen from the outside. In some cases, in order not to spoil the view of the interior with hoses and electrical wiring on the kitchen walls, they are hidden in chinks and wiring channels, closing the plaster with the subsequent finishing finish.
Compact (mobile) dishwashers can be placed on tables, shelves, as well as hidden in the floor cabinets of the kitchen set. The units are in great demand for owners of small kitchens of a few square meters.
What to do if recessed installation is impractical
Some kitchen cabinets don’t allow for a dishwasher unit. In addition, there simply may not be enough space in the furniture. What to do in this case? In such a situation, it is best to buy a freestanding model.
Dishwashers of this type do not require complex integration work, so this option is great for people who do not want to spend a lot of time on the installation. There are three layout options for freestanding units:
The best freestanding models are made by Bosch and Electrolux. This type of dishwasher is easy to install. In this case, all the work is usually reduced only to the connection to the power grid and other communications.
If it is not possible to install the dishwasher in a kitchen set, you can buy a freestanding model
It is possible to completely remodel some of the modules that are part of the kitchen ensemble. Transferring communications is also possible, but it is quite time-consuming work. Usually this option is chosen last, when you want to integrate a freestanding model and install a decorative facade on its front side.
How to build a dishwasher: checking the set and unpacking
Preparing to install a dishwasher unit involves two more steps, in addition to choosing a location: unpacking and checking the set. Unpacking is recommended to conduct in the presence of employees of the company from which the unit was purchased. This is necessary in order to check the availability of all the necessary parts for installation. If there is a problem with the set, then it is absolutely necessary to inform the employees of the company.
Pay attention to! It is necessary to check the availability of the instruction (in Russian, of course). Without it, it is much more difficult to understand the design features of this or that model.
If necessary, you can try searching for installation instructions on the company’s website. Many well-known brands add them to the description of the product (for example, Bosch). Dishwasher instructions are very important, so don’t ignore this point.
When checking the delivery set you need to pay attention to the availability of instruction in Russian
In addition to the dishwasher itself, the kit often includes parts that are necessary for the proper installation of decorative covers. Also be sure to check the presence of fixing elements, the rubber apron used for protection, and gaskets with hoses. Last you need to connect the device.
How to install a dishwashing machine: tools and details
Prepare everything you need so that your tools are at hand. You will need:
- A set of slotted and Phillips screwdriver;
- A drill with a set of nozzles;
- wire cutters;
- tape measure.
If you do not have a special outlet organized, we recommend calling a specialist to install. He’ll punch a hole in the wall and run a three-core copper wire, install a fuse box, and connect a damp-proof socket through it.
Now you are ready for further action.
Connecting to the water supply
Connect the dishwasher to a cold water source, as it is of better quality. All the more so since the appliance is equipped with a heating element that heats the water all by itself.
Read the instructions carefully. You may only be able to connect your model to cold water, and if you connect to hot water, you may lose your warranty.
We recommend that you additionally install a coarse filter. It will provide protection from large debris, soften the water, so scale will not settle on the heater.
If your tee is not equipped with a shut-off valve, install it immediately.
Wrap the joints with fumed tape. It seals all connections.
First, install a siphon with two holes for drainage. One will serve to connect the dishwasher, the other. the washing machine. You can also replace the sink with a more compact version.
- Run the drain hose 60 cm from the floor. Secure it to the furniture with clamps.
- Before you connect the end of the hose to the siphon, bend it so that the water from the machine flows into the siphon.
The hose is not long enough? Don’t rush to make extensions, better buy a new element of the right length. So there’s no risk of flooding.
Now you know how to do all the work yourself. It remains to arrange the equipment in place. How to do it right:
- Move the automatic bowl closer to the cabinet (it may be placed directly in the cabinet if it is more convenient).
- Connect the drain hose to the siphon.
- Connect the intake hose in place.
- Slide the dishwasher under the worktop.
- Use bolts to install the front part.
The work is done. It remains to conduct a test run to verify the correct connection. The video will help you:
How to install a dishwasher in the kitchen
There are two options for installing an automatic dishwasher: in a ready-made kitchen or in a predetermined place in the kitchen set. Dishwashers vary in type and size:
Usually the manufacturers in any kitchen set provide a place to place the appliances. For this purpose, the dimensions of a narrow dishwasher are taken, to which are added 5-10 cm on all sides. If your set does not include a special cabinet, then it is better to pick up a freestanding machine. You can install it anywhere you like, even between your bollards.
When selecting a freestanding washing machine, the look of the cabinet must be in harmony with the kitchen design.
If you’ve prepared drawings in advance to place a Samsung, Miele or other brand of dishwasher, there will be no problem with the installation. If this is not the case, select a cabinet close to the sink for installation. Note that the distance from the casing of the hob to the rear wall of the machine must be at least 5 cm for adequate ventilation.
If you have a small family, and the kitchen area does not allow you to install a full-sized model, choose the table-top version. You can put it under the sink, and the rules of connection do not differ from other models.
Useful hints for choosing and installing the automatic dishwasher
- Before buying a built-in appliance, measure the dimensions of the kitchen cabinet.
- The feet of the dishwasher can be adjusted in height. Use a level to keep the machine level. Some models Hotpoint Ariston, Whirlpool are very sensitive to tilt, even 2 degrees. This can affect their future performance.
- Install the machine near the sink. This will make it easier to connect the drain and water without having to extend the hoses. Experts say that extending the hoses can lead to leaks, as well as putting more strain on the drain pump.
- If built into furniture, install a metal plate under the countertop, which will protect the wood from steam. The built-in models come with a connection plate.
Check out the instruction manual. Here’s how to install and build-in your dishwasher. Included are templates for hanging the door.
Your own dishwasher
It is recommended to install the machine immediately on site, and then do the connection. But in the case of a built-in model, it’s more convenient to connect the hoses first, and then mount the machine in a niche or cabinet. Read about how to install a built-in washer and dryer in our separate article.
What you need to connect
- Euro socket with moisture-resistant housing and grounding;
- 3) Connect the three-core copper cable (for wiring);
- Brass T-piece with shut-off valve;
- corner faucet;
- An extension cord and an extra hose;
- siphon with two outlets (to connect the dishwasher and washing machine at the same time);
- Aquastop hose (if not available);
- rubber tape to seal the connections;
- clamps, gaskets.
Organize electrical wiring
Dishwasher cord is intentionally made short. European plug can be connected to a special socket, which is located no higher than 45 cm from the floor.
Replacing the plug on the dishwasher yourself leads to a loss of warranty.
How to organize the electrical connection properly:
- Drill a channel in the wall, lay copper wire.
- Organize a moisture-proof socket with grounding.
- Connect the socket through a 16 ampere circuit breaker. For safety, it is recommended to install a voltage stabilizer. How to choose a stabilizer for the dishwasher. Read in a separate article.
You know how to install and connect the electrical part of the machine. Any model of Korting, Hansa, Gorenje, Beko, Ikea, Ariston washing machines can be connected to the water supply in the same way. The simplest solution would be to connect via a faucet. But if you install the technique far from the sink, then the method of tapping into the cold water pipe is suitable.
- Using an angle grinder cut a piece of pipe.
- Install the push-pull sleeve.
- Screw a faucet with a stop valve on the socket.
- Connect the dishwasher hose to the faucet outlet.
- Disconnect the mixer hose from the pipe outlet.
- Install a brass tee.
- Connect the faucet to one outlet.
- To the other. the filter of rough cleaning and the end of the filling hose.
Where to connect the drain? There are also two options to choose from here:
Why specialists do not recommend to connect directly to the sewer? Because it is difficult to remove the clog. Another thing is the siphon, where you can unscrew the lid and clean.
To connect to the sewer system, it is enough to install an adapter on the outlet, to which you can connect the drain hose of the dishwasher and washing machine. Connections are carefully sealed.
- Remove the old siphon and install the new one.
- Connect the dishwasher drain hose to the outlet.
- Be sure to secure the connection with a clamp. With a strong head, the hose can tear from its place, which will lead to leaks.
Observe the correct distance and bend of the hose when organizing the drain. This will help avoid the siphon effect (see diagram below).
As you can see, it is possible to organize the installation of the PM “Hansa”, “Burning” and other brands. When the work is done, run a test program without dishes to check the strength of connections and operation of components. How to do the first run of the dishwasher. read in the article.