Before assembling the meat grinder, it is necessary to study its design. Since Soviet times, we were well aware of an old, but very reliable Soviet design. a manual version, which even today helps users in the kitchen. Then its analogues began to appear, but only with an electric drive, but the main parts remained the same.
- The whole body used to be made of cast iron, later on different alloys based on light and durable aluminum. In its upper part there is the throat of the meat-receiver, where the processed products are put.
- The auger. a specially shaped shaft, which in rotation promotes the products to the output of the product.
- At its end, a knife is put on, which performs the chopping. it can be disc or winged.
- Grate regulates the degree of grinding of products, instead of it in the meat grinder insert shaped devices when working with dough.
- Round clamping device, which securely holds all the elements in the housing. It has special tabs for easy fixation.
- At the back of the shaft is attached a special screw with a wingnut handle to rotate the entire mechanism.
In electric mincing machines the set of main parts is identical, they must be assembled in exactly the same way, the only difference is the drive and the housing, which is made of hard plastic. Control of such an appliance is carried out by means of the keys on a special panel, and the rotation is performed by an electric motor.
Important! The manual version of the product is installed on the edge of the table and fixed with a special threaded device. Material must be placed under the metal base to eliminate the movement of the product on the table
The main parts of the device
The manual variety of meat grinder has the following design elements:
- a housing equipped with a clamp;
- screw auger, which promotes the product to the knives;
- tightening ring;
The body is most often made of steel, although products made of cast iron can be found. The knife is made on one side with a convex surface. The second side is flat, with cutting edges. To ensure secure attachment, the central hole is shaped like the tip of the auger, on which the knife is put. This is usually a square. The grid is easy to position, thanks to the side slit entering the similarly shaped projection on the inside of the body.
How to assemble a manual mincer step-by-step description of the process
Rare hostess or owner does not keep in the kitchen equipment that significantly reduces the time of the cooking process. Among the many appliances, the most ancient is the meat grinder. Over the course of its existence, this utensil has undergone many improvements, but the principle of its operation has remained unchanged. However, you should know how to properly insert the knife and other elements into the meat grinder, so that it does not lose its functionality.
How to properly insert the knife into the meat grinder
Manual or electric meat grinder is considered quite a popular appliance in the kitchen. It is used to process meat into mincemeat, squeeze juice from fruit, stuff homemade sausages, prepare vegetable puree or make pasta. In order for the technique to be able to work properly, you need to familiarize yourself with the nuances of its device. From our article we will learn how to assemble the meat grinder and disassemble.
Sanding is the easiest and most affordable option. This is the way to sharpen a knife that is just a little dull. First select the right thickness of sandpaper. To do this, determine how dense the metal itself. The denser it is, the higher the grit of the paper. How to perform sharpening with sandpaper:
- Prepare a block of wood.
- Fix the paper on it.
- Start gently sharpening the part, moving it across the surface.
- Continue until the blade has sharpened to the right degree.
- After the procedure, rinse the blade to make sure there is no abrasive left on it and wipe it dry.
Tip! Even if you used coarse grit sandpaper, you should complete the sharpening with a coarse grit (at least zero grit). This gives the surface a better grind and will keep the blade sharp for longer. Coarse sandpaper leaves scratches.
Auxiliary parts of the multi-food grinder
Modern models of meat grinders are equipped with additional elements that allow them to work not only with meat, but also with other products.
Now with a meat grinder you can make juice, for this you need to use a special auger.
The inventors did not stop there, and with the help of special grates, it is now possible to regulate the saturation of freshly squeezed juices with pulp.
Salad in five minutes is no longer from the realm of fiction: knives and chopping attachments will allow housewives to save time on cooking.
You can make homemade sausage or cookies with a meat grinder.
How to assemble a meat grinder: instructions
A simple attachment requires special attention when connecting all parts to obtain the desired result. In this process, the main thing is to follow the instructions for use of the machine, attached to the product.
Assemble the mechanical construction is as follows:
- The shaft is placed inside the body, the compacted part is on the side of the handle and on the narrowed end the other elements are placed;
- The cutting part is inserted with the flat side to the grate for comfortable sliding of the knife on it, the edges are placed outward, so that the products are chopped qualitatively;
- The disc version is also placed with the cutting parts to the lattice part;
- The grid is made with a special groove, which is inserted into the ledge on the body of the device. This product should be fixed so that it fits tightly to the knife;
- The main ring is screwed on as a clamping part, while securely securing all the components inside the body;
- Fix the handle to create a rotating manipulation, and then the device is attached to the edge of the table.
Assemble the manual meat grinder is not difficult at all, if you follow the rules of operation. The whole process does not take much time and application of special efforts.
The auger shaft is placed inside the housing Installation of the knife and the grid Fix the mechanism The handle is attached and screwed on the opposite side of the mincer Screw the device to the countertop with a clamp
Electric meat grinder
The process of assembling an electric grinder is identical to its “counterpart”, but the principle of operation is much more complicated. Connecting the working parts of this model is done in stages:
- The gearbox is connected to the auger housing by inserting it into the slot and turning the product counterclockwise until it clicks into place. On the tightness of the connection depends further control of the auger shaft with the motor;
- The auger should be precisely placed in the opening of the body;
- The blade and grid are placed tightly against each other and then secured with a clamping ring nut;
- The loading tank is installed on top.
In the case when the unit does not work well, does not process products, but simply squeezes them, it is required to check the product for the correct assembly of all parts.
Existing types and design features of meat grinders
In modern stores, you can find a huge number of meat grinder models. All of them can be divided into two types: electric and manual. Together with the devices manufacturer supplies additional parts (nozzles and knives), which increases their functionality.
Popularity of users won the electric models. There is no need to expend physical effort to obtain the final product, just press the start button and push the meat or vegetables into the special funnel.
Most modern housewives prefer to buy electric meat grinders in the kitchen, considering the manual version a relic of the past. In fact, these devices are reliable and easy to use, they actually do not break down. One part that can fail is the knife, but it can be easily sharpened. The body of manual devices is made of stainless steel, aluminum or cast iron.
Hand-held meat grinders are easy to use. At the same time, electric models give an opportunity to choose the necessary grinding speed or reverse stroke. A variety of attachments allows you to create additional products.
A manual meat grinder consists of the following elements:
- steel body with special fasteners for mounting the device on different types of surfaces
- screw auger
- cross or disk knife (used for chopping food);
- tightening metal ring;
- handle (fixed on the device with a special screw);
- round grids with holes and a slot for fixation on the body.
Manual models are fixed on the surface with a special foot. A lug screw is used for final fixation. Devices with a plastic foot are securely attached to the surface. When installing metal items under the foot put a piece of soft cloth, so the device will not slip on the surface.
Using your mincer on a Kenwood stand mixer
- plastic body;
- electric motor;
- removable meat collector;
- convenient plastic pusher;
- Knurled plastic rod (this element is installed on the screw for reliable fixation);
- convex-shaped metal blade.
Unlike manual models, there are no legs. Stability of the device is ensured by a wide platform with several rubber pads.
Advantages of handmade knives
Among the advantages of homemade products are the following:
Using improvised materials, which makes the cost of the finished element lower.
Possibility of independent design of the knife handle.
Satisfaction of creative potential.
In principle, homemade knives, if you followed the technique of manufacture, are almost as good as the industrial products. Naturally, all stages of production at home must be strictly observed. Also, keep in mind that in the factory, instead of people, almost all the work is done by machines. If you make it yourself you’ll have to do quite a bit of hand work.