Is it possible to put the TV on the refrigerator?
Every housewife, when she wants to arrange the space in the kitchen, tries to free up more space for the work surface. It can be difficult, because the kitchen area is so small that the most necessary things can not always be placed, not to mention non-functional appliances, which includes a TV set.
In order to organize the space in the kitchen, many room owners try to organize the space as compactly as possible, setting one on top of the other. But is it possible to put the TV on the refrigerator let’s talk about it in the article.
Experts from the service center believe that it is possible to place electrical appliances in this way. They do not believe that this would have any adverse effect on the operation of the electronics. An exception to this is when the refrigerator vibrates a lot, and the TV can simply fall over.
You also do not need to put a very large and heavy TV on the fridge, because the construction will be unstable and may threaten the safety of people around. Otherwise, according to the assurance of experts, has not yet received a request to repair appliances that have broken down because they were standing on top of each other.
Medical professionals don’t support that opinion. They believe it is better not to place these appliances this way because the appliances do not interact well with each other.
How appliances affect each other?
Some manufacturers now make refrigerators that already have a screen built in. At the same time the developers have considered all the risks and have properly calculated the influence of the appliances on one another and have installed protection against negative effects.
But what happens if you just buy a TV and put it on your not-so-new refrigerator?
- The electromagnetic waves emitted by both appliances will amplify the radiation.
- The slightest vibration from the fridge will distort the image on the monitor, and that means bad eyesight.
- If you put a heavy model of TV, it will deform the lid of the refrigerator.
If you go to relax in the evening and watch a serial in the kitchen, then it makes sense to buy a modern refrigerator model with already built in screen. Otherwise it is better to choose another place for this appliance in the kitchen.
Where to best place a TV in the kitchen?
It is better to assign a special shelf for its location in the kitchen. You can hang it on a special bracket, bought at an electronics store.
Owners of plasma TVs often try to hang the TV on the refrigerator itself. You absolutely mustn’t do that. There is a lot of movement around the refrigerator during the day. All family members look into it several times, and during the preparation of dinner, it opens every 5-10 minutes. Hanging TV will greatly disturb you, especially if it is likely to smash it against the door jamb or part of the kitchen furniture.
When mounting the TV, pay attention to whether the cord or antenna is in the way. Take care about safety and keep all electrical appliances away from the sink and cooktop.
Is it possible to do without TV in the kitchen at all?? If you are bored with cooking, then use the player or the radio. your favorite music will help create a pleasant atmosphere. But it is absolutely unhealthy to eat to the constant muttering of TV. Programs going on there are not always conducive to uplifting, and eating lunch or dinner in a negative environment is bad for your health. It is better to combine meals with a pleasant conversation in a family circle or simply to finish a meal in silence and concentrate on your taste buds.
Is it acceptable to put the TV set on top of the fridge??
Can the refrigerator be used as a stand for electrical appliances (TV, microwave)? This is often an attractive solution to the problem of organizing your kitchen space.
To answer the question if it is allowed to put the TV on the fridge, whether it will do harm to the device itself, we need to clarify some aspects. These include the presence or absence of influence of electrical appliances on one another, what weight is allowed to place on the refrigerator. It is also necessary to establish what can and categorically must not be installed on the refrigerator.
How electric appliances affect each other
Modern refrigerators of some manufacturers are already equipped with a built-in TV. Therefore, they have protection against the negative effects of the devices on each other.
If you have a constantly running TV or microwave installed on your refrigerator in the kitchen, the following troubles can occur during their simultaneous operation:
- When electromagnetic waves overlap, radiation increases.
- Increases the load on the mechanisms of electrical appliances.
- An old refrigerator creates vibrations that have a negative impact on your eyes when you watch television.
- A heavy appliance placed on the refrigerator lid can cause it to deform.
In order to avoid any of these consequences, it is recommended to place the electrical appliances separately and not on top of each other. A television set on a bracket, a microwave oven or a coffee machine on a table, on a windowsill, or in a specially equipped niche.
Is it possible to put a TV on the fridge?
The reasons why a TV set is often placed on the refrigerator is to free up kitchen space and to position the device at a convenient height for the eyes.
Despite the stated advantages of such optimization, it is important to remember the negative consequences that result in the installation of the TV on the refrigerator cover. These include:
- Increased load on the compressor. This, in turn, leads to cooling failures inside the food storage chamber. The condenser works intermittently. In this regard, the refrigerator motor is forced to run much more often. All of this leads to rapid wear and tear on the appliance and increases energy consumption. Food starts to spoil much more often.
- The presence of vibration in older models of refrigerators. It rises when the compressor is switched on or off. TV can fall down sooner or later. Modern models do not create much vibration, but consume more electricity. When they are turned on, the TV, located on top, is switched off.
- Heavy weight. First of all it concerns older models of TV. Their placement on the refrigerator lid can deform it. As a consequence, the thermal insulation is compromised. The compressor can malfunction.
- Inability to concentrate on cooking or eating. Also watching TV while eating disrupts the digestive system.
From all of the above it can be concluded that placing the TV set on the fridge is not recommended.
If the presence of TV in the kitchen is still necessary, we need to take a responsible approach to choosing a place for it. For this purpose, options that are located next to it are excluded:
- Washing (to exclude moisture).
- A stove or a heating radiator (this provokes overheating of the equipment).
- On a window in direct sunlight (overheating is possible).
- On a bracket. It allows you to mount the device on any free wall, provide a convenient angle for watching TV.
- In the cabinet. Firstly, it saves space in the kitchen. Secondly, it provides protection from moisture, overheating, and direct sunlight.
For the kitchen, it is recommended to buy TVs with a diagonal of no more than 20 inches. It is better to place the device at a distance of not less than 2 meters from the person watching it. The TV must be supplied with a remote control.
Can I put appliances on the freezer?
The surface of the refrigerator, at first glance, is the best option for placing electrical appliances. If you install a TV on it, it will provide a good viewing angle, it will save space in the kitchen.
With all the advantages of placing electrical appliances in this way is not recommended for several reasons. They are as follows:
- Increases the load on the refrigerator.
- The intensity of the radiation increases.
- The appliances located on the refrigerator surface are affected by vibration. It specially concerns the refrigerators of old models.
- Exceeding the permissible weight provokes the sagging of the lid of the refrigerating device.
- Insufficient cooling air to cool the radiator of the freezer or food storage compartment leads to their rapid failure.
It is best to place the microwave or multicooker on other surfaces. This includes a table or window sill. It is possible to organize a special niche in the kitchen furniture and place it next to a separate outlet. You can install the appliances in another room. Also, this arrangement will protect electrical devices from moisture and contact with water.
What weight can be put on the fridge lid
Many refrigerator manufacturers do not recommend placing any objects on the lid of the device, regardless of their size and weight. Televisions, large coffee machines, and other refrigerators or freezers are expressly prohibited.
Some workers of the specialized service centers for repair of home appliances advise not to put the devices weighing more than 3-4 kilograms on the fridge surfaces.
What one can and what one must not put on the fridge?
There are some appliances that conditionally can be put on the fridge and which categorically cannot be put on the top of the cooling unit.
Is it possible to put a TV set on the fridge: the rules of placement in the kitchen, electromagnetic radiation, tips and recommendations
Many housewives when equipping the kitchen put different appliance on the top of the fridge compartment and do not wonder if it is allowed to put a TV set on the fridge. The lid of the freezer is not designed for placing any objects, especially a TV set. Despite the established restrictions, many families put it and other things, which reduces the life of the device.
Why you shouldn’t put your TV set on the fridge
Combining a refrigeration unit with a TV seems like a good idea. It will save some space, which in the kitchen is usually catastrophically lacking. But it is not recommended to put the appliances on the fridge, because it can cause many problems.
Older refrigerators vibrate a lot when they run. Vibration waves travel to the TV, thereby distorting the image and adversely affecting vision. In addition, strong vibrations can cause the device to fall or break the kinescope.
Putting the oven next to the refrigerator
Both appliances have their own electromagnetic wave ranges. Their proximity contributes:
Loads and Weights
Often old televisions are placed in the kitchen. They are quite heavy and weigh more than 5 kilograms, which increases the risk of damaging the top panel of the refrigerator, disrupting the thermal insulation processes and normal operation of the unit.
Important! Such proximity impairs the function of the condenser. This leads to a decrease in the service life of the refrigerator and increases electricity consumption.
What you can and cannot put on the fridge
You can store papers and dishes on the top of the unit. In addition to the TV, it is strictly forbidden to put on the refrigerator:
- Freezer compartment. Even small units have a significant weight, which will lead to a breakdown of the main unit. Also the simultaneous operation of compressors negatively affects the functioning of the devices.
- Flowerpots. The lack of air and electromagnetic waves are detrimental to plants, and the weight of the pot with soil contributes to the appearance of dents in the top panel of the refrigerator.
Tips and tricks
The final decision about the placement of appliances rests with the homeowner. If you need to install the TV in the kitchen, you can use the following tips:
- The installation of wall brackets. Thanks to these devices, the TV is mounted on the wall, which eliminates the load on the refrigerator, the influence of vibrations and adverse effects of electromagnetic waves;
- TV set on a shelf. A horizontal surface is used as a support, which, if necessary, can be used for other tasks;
- The use of special furniture. The TV together with the refrigerator can be placed in a separate cabinet. This is a rare functional solution that allows you to maintain a uniform style for all the elements of the kitchen filling;
- Buying modern models of cold rooms. Buying a refrigeration unit with a built-in plasma panel is the best solution for the kitchen.
Tip! We don’t recommend placing the TV near the sink. Wet environments and water droplets on the unit will cause the equipment to malfunction.
In addition, do not allow direct sunlight and battery contact with the TV. Regular overheating of parts reduces the life of the equipment.
On the question of whether you can put TVs on the refrigerators in the kitchen, each owner of the dwelling finds its own solution. In the short term, the negative effects of this proximity may not be noticeable. But over the years, vibration, electromagnetic waves and the load on the top panel of the cooling unit will adversely affect the operation of the devices.
Hang TV on the wall without a bracket on the wall: step by step
Possible methods of installation are usually specified in the manual. Before mounting, be sure to make sure that the purchased TV can be hung up without the use of a bracket.
Mounting methods depend on the size of the TV. It is easiest to hang a TV with a diagonal of less than 24 inches. If there are slots for bolts on the back panel, you need to fix in the wall fixing screws or self-tapping screws, which are often included in the package. The panel hangs up like a framed photo. You can only use this method if it is allowed by the TV manual.
Reference! Tight connection to the wall limits the possibility of ventilation, which leads to overheating of the equipment.
Use a support for ventilation. To hang a TV without a bracket, you can use a scheme using metal corners:
At a construction store buy perforated all-metal angles, metal plates, bolts, nuts.
Use 4mm thick metal plates to make a frame the size of your TV. Drill holes for bolt slots in the back of the panel. The diameter of the holes depends on the diameter of the bolt threads.
Use the bolts to attach the 4 brackets to the frame. Fix the resulting structure to the back of the TV also using bolts. Check that it is securely fastened.
Attach the 4 corners to the wall, keeping exactly the distance between the corners fixed on the back panel.
Attach the panel to the wall, select the position. Standard metal corners have three ready-made holes that allow you to choose the desired position.
Fasten the corners with screws and nuts.
Important! It is necessary to pay special attention to the reliability of fixing all elements to avoid falling TV.
How to hide the wires
A modern TV can have up to 6-7 cables. Crawling on the wall wires look messy and spoil the interior of the room as a whole, not just one wall. There are several ways to neatly hide the wires.
The ideal variant would be to place the socket close to the monitor, when the socket and the plug from the power cord would be in the zone of attention. The disadvantage of the method is the ability to hide only the power cord. Most often it is used when installing advertising monitors, for example, in hairdressing salons.
If the wall is not hollow, you can carefully pierce a channel for the wires, which, after placing the wires in it, cover the wall finishing material. This method can be effective if the TV is mounted on the wall during repairs.
The easiest and most inexpensive solution would be to use special conduits matched to the color of the wall or TV. They come in a variety of sizes (depending on the number of wires that need to be hidden). They can be used in the design by attaching them, for example, different shelves for tuner, DVD player or other devices and objects.
How to hang a TV on the wall
The TV is mounted on the wall using a wall bracket. You can buy this device in a store or make it yourself. Wall-mounted TV yourself, without the help of an invited master is not difficult, if the house has a drill, hammer and screwdriver.
The installation process looks easy, you can fasten the bracket to the surface with 4 screws, then hang the TV on it.
Wall-mounted receiver installed at a certain height. You can hang it at a standard height (0.7 to 1 m from the floor plane) or choose any convenient point. In homes where there are small children, such devices must hang at a height they can’t reach.
TVs can be hung higher in the kitchen than in the bedroom or living room. Kitchen televisions must be placed far away from water and fire.
It is ideal if the TV cord can reach the outlet without an extension cord. Superfluous wires, stretched across the room create inconvenience.
Important! Drill into the wall only in areas where there are no concealed pipes or wiring. During finishing work, builders hide water pipes and electrical wires under decorative cladding.
TV set is one of the household items that are part of a person’s comfort zone. Therefore, it is installed in such a way that while watching TV programs, its owner feels as comfortable as possible.
In brightly lit rooms, find a place for TV equipment where its screen is not exposed to the sun’s rays during the day. In the bedroom and living room, the television receiver is installed (fixed) opposite:
The distance from the viewer to the screen should be 2 meters or more. Watching shows is comfortable when the image is at eye level.
What should be the wall
Hanging a household device is not possible on every wall. You can not hang heavy objects on emergency walls that are crumbling, rotting, crumbling.
Before taking on this job, you need to determine the surface quality of. The wall can be built of:
- In the bedroom and living room the TV set should be mounted in front of: What wall should be made of expanded clay blocks?
- cellular concrete;
- Prefabricated frame boards;
- gypsum board.
The easiest way to mount a household device on a brick wall. It is easy enough to drill a hole and fasteners inside the hole sits tightly enough. It is more difficult to hang the equipment on a thick layer of plaster or drywall. Failure of the fastener in the brickwork, if the dowel or nail gets between the bricks. Even worse if the bricks are held by the mortar, in which there is more sand than binder.
Attention! Residents of panel houses will need a peorator. Drilling a hole in concrete is more difficult than in brick.
It is believed that you can not hang the TV on the plasterboard plane. In practice, plasterboard can withstand weight up to 15 kg. Hardware is installed with a butterfly dowel or on a studded screw. It is most reliable to find a magnet guide profiles, which holds a sheet of drywall, and mount the construction on them.
On a lightweight plywood partition should not even try to install heavy equipment. A heavy object will break the hole with its own weight and collapse down. Using a floor stand with adjustable vertical supports to raise the TV to the desired height. The device is convenient because of its mobility, it can be moved as desired to any place.
Saman wall because of the bulkiness of the material is not suitable for attaching heavy objects to its surface. Folk craftsmen manage to hang household equipment on the adobe, acting in stages:
- Treat the selected area of the surface with deep penetrating impregnation;
- Drill holes;
- fill in the holes with cement mortar;
- drilling the cemented area;
- screw in a dowel and self-drilling screw.
Such a complex work does not always lead to the desired result, a piece of cement can not withstand the load and simply fall out of the wall. In such cases, when installation on the walls is not possible, you can buy a ceiling bracket and on it to strengthen the TV receiver.
Installing a TV on the wall with a bracket
The easiest way to buy a special standard bracket. There can be several kinds of such products in stores, all of which differ in functionality and price. All brackets have mounting points. The distance between them corresponds to the standard.
- On the surface of the wall are drawn points for drilling holes. The height is measured from the floor upwards. From this point to the left and right, use a spirit level to mark a horizontal line.
- Align the lower holes of the wall bracket so that the marked line runs through them.
- Through the holes with a pencil mark points for drilling holes.
- Using a special tool (a drill or a torch will do) drill holes along the marked points. The drill bit should be slightly thinner than the diameter of the fastener.
- Screw self-tapping screws into the holes with a screwdriver.
- The structure will hang more securely if you hammer dowels into the holes, and then screw screws into them. The drill bit should be the same size as the dowel.
- The holes of the attached hanger and bracket are aligned, and the screws are screwed in. On the bracket, after the latter is firmly fixed to the wall.
Wires stretched throughout the house, creating a nuisance and give the interior an unkempt appearance. When the work is finished, the TV electrical cord and the antenna wire are hidden in the cable duct. It is not difficult to assemble the bracket correctly. The main thing is to adhere to the instructions.
Maximum TV weight
Permissible weight of the equipment depends on several factors:
For plasterboard walls, the permissible upper weight limit of suspended equipment is 15 kg. Provided that it will be attached to the surface with butterfly dowels. If the device is hung on the supporting rails with long rods. bolts, the load can be increased to 20 kg.
Tip! Manufacturers recommend large TVs with a weight over 25 kg to be mounted on the wall with a helper.
All factory brackets have instructions with the maximum allowable load. Fixed wall-mounted products, made in the form of a crossbar, can support a weight of up to 25 kg.
Fixed brackets with a back plate are capable of supporting up to 35 kg., If the wall on which it is installed, is made of ceramic concrete blocks or bricks.
How to Hang a TV on a Bracket
If you intend to hang the TV on the wall, you’ll need to make sure the wall material is sturdy, study the design of the bracket, and prepare the necessary tools.
The first task is to determine the wall material. All models of TVs can be hung on concrete and brick surfaces. On walls of plasterboard or similar material is recommended to install models weighing up to 15 kg, but only when using special fasteners. If the TV weighs over 15 kg, you’ll need to make a metal profile or create a niche under the drywall.
Types and peculiarities of TV brackets
The usability of your TV depends on the bracket you use. Some TV models come with standard hinged structures, but they do not always meet the requirements of the user. There are several basic types of brackets available:
- Fixed. Fixed mount, the tightest to the wall and is considered the most reliable, because it does not include moving parts. Are made in two versions. as a plate and as a plate with two supports.
- Tilted. Brackets are similar to the fixed, but have in their design adjustable mountings, which can tilt a certain degree. For most models the tilt does not exceed 20°.
- Swivel. Have one or two sliding bars with which you can move the TV in the horizontal plane.
- Combination. Allow you to move the TV to the left and right, and change the angle.
Remember, walls made of hollow brick and drywall are not suitable for heavy TV models.
On the packaging of modern brackets there are indications of diagonal and weight limitations. You need to be guided precisely by the maximum weight that the bracket can support. The weight of the TV can be found in the technical documentation or on the Internet. Also make sure the holes on the TV match those on the bracket.
Tools for attaching the bracket
Once you have purchased the necessary bracket, prepare the mounting tool. This list includes:
- Screwdriver (preferably with a ratchet). Needed for mounting TV on bracket.
- Drill (for brick and concrete walls) or drill (for drywall) with drill bit.
- Hammer for hammering dowels.
- Fasteners: bolts with dowels, washers.
- Pencil, masking tape, level.
The diameter of the drill should match the diameter of the wall plug to be used. Standard dowel 10×61 and screw 6×80 can withstand a load of 15 kilograms. Some models of fasteners can hold up to 28 pounds.
How to properly install a bracket for the TV
The wall-mounted fixed bracket is the tightest to the wall, so some televisions have a problem with connecting the wires due to insufficient clearance.
If your TV connectors are perpendicular to the wall and the wires are too bendy, you will need to increase the distance. Additional washers which move the TV away from the wall by 1-2 centimeters are useful.
Take this into account when buying tilted models of brackets as well, because of the network or coaxial cable hanging down, the TV will not be able to tilt.
Consider maximum angle of rotation when installing swing-out wall brackets. Unfold the construction to the leftmost and rightmost positions. Make sure the TV does not touch the wall or other objects. If the design of the bracket does not provide slots for wires, make sure that the hanging cables have free movement.
Most swivel mounts use a butterfly bracket. In rare cases the panel will protrude beyond the TV or cover the connectors. It is better to check such points before buying. In rare cases, you can saw off the extra parts, but this can reduce the strength of the entire panel.
The hardest part is installing ceiling brackets, because the work is done literally by weight. It is recommended that you first make one hole in the ceiling, and then tighten the bolt. Then, rotating the “pancake” around its axis, mark places for the remaining holes. This way you save time on marking.
Collect the dust with a vacuum cleaner or with a homemade paper nozzle on the drill.
The second nuance is the wiring. Most mounts have a hollow vertical rod, inside of which you can lay wires. Do this before you hang the TV directly.
To test the strength of the bracket you can hang a weight commensurate with the weight of the TV itself. Make sure that the vertical bar is completely free of any backlash.
Step-by-step instructions for installing the bracket on concrete and brick
The first step is to choose a place for installation. Place the bracket against the wall, use a level to make sure the structure is level. Next, use a pencil to mark the places where you need to drill the holes.
Fixed fixed fixed, as well as tilt and combination plate brackets may have more than four bolt holes. Four fasteners in the corners are required, but a fifth can be installed in the center above.
Common is a staggered combination with two bolts at the bottom and four at the top.
For supports with a vertical base, two or three bolts are usually sufficient.
Ceiling bracket bases have from 3 to 8 holes. It is recommended to use each of them.
Then take a drill bit with an appropriate drill bit and start drilling. Make sure that the drill goes in perpendicular to the wall plane.
Also, do not move the drill forward and backward to remove crumbs. This will cause the hole to widen, and the dowel may subsequently sit loose, which will reduce its load capacity.
How To Hide Your TV Wires in 30 Minutes. DIY
“To prevent debris from the drill bit from falling to the floor, make a paper bag and use paper tape to secure it under the holes.”.
Drive the dowels carefully into the holes you drilled earlier with a hammer. Please note that the dowels must not stand out, but you don’t have to drive them deep into the wall either.
Put a bracket on top of the dowels and put the bolts in the holes. Always make sure that the bracket is level. After that you can tighten the fasteners with a screwdriver or wrench. The correct method of tightening, as in the case of the car tire. crosswise.
Is it possible to put a TV on the fridge: options for placement
The kitchen is where the family spends quite a bit of time during the day. This is especially true for family members involved in cooking. In order not to get bored while cooking, many people install a television in the kitchen. They turn it on during meals and get together for dinner.
The most common location of it in the kitchen is the refrigerator. After all, not everyone has the extra space for a special cabinet or bracket. But the place on the fridge is mostly empty, and this is why the TV set is installed on it. But before you place it there, it is necessary to understand if it is possible to put a TV set on the fridge.
What is electromagnetic radiation?
Household appliances that work with electricity, they produce electromagnetic waves. Scientists can not come to an unambiguous conclusion about the harm of their impact on human health. Some say that in the modern world one need not be afraid of electromagnetic waves: the equipment is organized in such a way that the body almost does not feel their effects. But many people say that electromagnetic waves in any amount can cause harm.
However, the experts agree that the refrigerator is not the best place to install the TV. The fact that these items of home appliances have the same range of electromagnetic waves, which will adversely affect their work. It will manifest itself as minimum in deterioration of quality and malfunctions.
It is not unimportant that such an arrangement will be a blow to the family budget, because the power consumption will increase.
Electromagnetic radiation is only one of the reasons why it is not advisable to place a TV set on top of the refrigerator. Such an arrangement is not the best option also because it substantially increases the load on the refrigeration unit.
Any overall object installed on top interferes with the full air flow along the rear wall of the fridge. The consequence is reduced ventilation and cooling of the housing, and the parts are subjected to overheating.
This will lead to frequent starting of the motor and its rapid failure.
Do not forget about the vibration that occurs when starting or stopping the engine. It will affect the TV: there can be interference or distortion of the image. Staring at a periodically blinking display is bad for your eyes: they will get tired and hurt from the increased load. It should be noted that in the latest models of refrigerators vibration is minimized.
The old-style TV is quite heavy. Being on the refrigerator, it can cause deformation of the housing. The lid of the refrigerator will sag, which will not go unnoticed for all the functions of the appliances. This does not mean that the way out is to install a modern liquid-crystal TV on the fridge, which has a low weight. They do not have a stable base and can simply fall off when opening-closing the fridge.
How To Hide TV Wires | DIY For Beginners
There is a rather controversial assumption that the TV in the kitchen can degrade food quality. But this is unlikely to happen. There are appliances in the kitchen that have much more power. For example, a microwave oven.
How to properly place appliances
When you decide to have a TV in your kitchen, there are a few important rules to keep in mind.
- Larger sizes are better left for the living room. A 20-inch model will suffice in the kitchen. It’s easy to find a place for it, it won’t get in the way and won’t harm other equipment.
- Don’t mount your TV at a great height (another reason why it’s not a good place for a fridge). If you always have to raise your head to watch TV, you may encounter vision and cervical spine problems. The optimal height is no more than two meters.
- Make sure the television set is at a reasonable distance from the sink. Moisture on its surface can cause it to malfunction or break down. Worse, it can cause accidents. If there is no other installation option, order a special protective screen made of thick glass or plastic.
- You should not place the TV near a heating appliance and a gas or electric stove. Because of the sun’s rays, it’s not the best location near the window either. The heat will cause fast wear and tear of the parts. In addition, the daylight will interfere with viewing, creating glare on the screen.
Pay attention to the wires: they should be securely hidden. A carelessly caught loose wire will cause the TV to fall down.
Modern manufacturers have taken care of those who want to cook and watch movies at the same time. The problem of installation was solved by creating a refrigerator with a built-in LCD screen. If you’re thinking of replacing all of your appliances at once, look no further than this option. Such a fridge is convenient and ergonomic. The only disadvantage is a rather high price. The purchase will cost more than if you buy the equipment separately.
Another option. a refrigerator with a special opening for mounting a TV. Of course, here you will have to adjust to the available dimensions, and not choose at will.
Modern kitchen sets assume a special niche for a TV.
Budget option. mounting a bracket. You need a free and comfortable place on the wall. For the bracket it is better to use a lightweight LCD TV: it may not hold heavy equipment.
The alternative to the bracket is a swivel system that is installed in cabinets. A good space-saving option. In addition, it is convenient: the TV easily rotates for easy viewing.
If, due to circumstances, none of the above ways of installing a TV is not suitable, you can put it on the refrigerator. Experts do not give an unambiguous ban on this. And as noted by employees of service centers, they have not yet had to deal with cases of breakage of household appliances from such a neighborhood. However, the manufacturers recommend refraining from it.
Can we put the TV on the fridge: options for placement
The kitchen is where the family spends quite a bit of time during the day. This is especially true for family members involved in cooking. In order not to get bored while cooking, many people install a TV in the kitchen. It’s also turned on at mealtimes, when everyone gathers around for dinner.
The most common place to put it in the kitchen is the refrigerator. After all, not everyone has the extra space for a special cabinet or bracket. But the place on the refrigerator in the majority is empty, so the TV is installed on it. But before you place it there, you should know if it is allowed to put a TV set on the fridge.
Mounting the TV on a bracket
In order to ensure that watching your favorite TV shows does not harm your eyesight, doctors recommend placing the screen at eye level. It’s easy enough in the living room. But in the kitchen it can be difficult: not all kitchen manipulation can be done sitting down, you often have to get up.
A swivel bracket can be a good solution for placing a TV in the kitchen. It is easy to mount, allows you to change the angle of the screen depending on your preferences and needs, is almost invisible.
Placing the TV on a bracket is ideal for small rooms. But you have to take into consideration that only a modern flat screen can be mounted in this way: you won’t hang a lamp TV on a bracket despite your desire. And in general, for such TVs even hanging shelves are considered undesirable.
To mount the bracket you will need to fasten anchor bolts in a concrete or brick base. Most often the walls are used for this, but there are other design solutions. for example, a bracket can descend from the ceiling, harmoniously blending into the loft interior.
Choosing a place for a TV remember that direct sunlight is undesirable. It is not recommended to hang the screen and over the oven. hot air badly affects the state of modern delicate equipment. But the idea of hanging a small screen over the sink is not without merit. more and more often, designers are resorting to such a method. The main thing is to make sure it is well waterproofed.
Maybe you should put it on a kitchen shelf?
If you do not want to mount the bracket or for some reason you can not hang the TV on the wall, try to install it on a kitchen shelf.
A kitchen unit with a place for the TV would be a good solution. You’ll have to make it to order, but in this case the TV screen is not just entertainment, but an element of interior design.
If you plan to place the TV in a prefabricated set, think carefully about where it will go.
First of all, you need to measure the size of the TV screen. It needs to stand firmly on the shelf. The slightest shaking is not acceptable.
The fridge as a coaster
It’s not practical to install a separate TV cabinet in the kitchen. To place the device on the worktop. too. TV try to set as high as possible so it does not interfere with cooking and the image was visible from anywhere in the kitchen.
Important! The height of the placement should be comfortable. It’s not comfortable to watch TV if it’s not placed at the right place. You have to raise your head all the time.
The option of mounting the TV on the wall is not suitable for everyone. Installing a special bracket is all the more out of the question. There just might not be any free space on the wall. Therefore, many owners place the TV on the fridge. Is that a sensible solution??
Opinions of experts and manufacturers differ. Some people believe that this positioning of the equipment in no way affects its performance. Others say that nothing should be placed on the refrigerator. That’s why the owners have the final say.
It is clear that everyone wants to create comfortable conditions in the kitchen. But in this case we must not forget about the rules of safety.
The refrigerator is considered an unsuccessful TV stand for several reasons:
- Stress on the compressor. Top-mounted device disrupts cooling mode. Condenser performance deteriorates and the refrigerator motor starts more often. This causes faster wear and tear on the cooling unit and increases electricity consumption.
- Vibration. Older models of refrigerators vibrate during operation. The process is intensified by starting and stopping the compressor. Vibrations are not good for your television. Picture becomes distorted due to lack of power. In addition, TVs with a thin screen are unstable. Any vibration can cause the unit to fall. Modern refrigerators are equipped with a more powerful compressor, which minimizes vibration. However, they consume more electricity. This causes the TV set to be switched off when the appliance is switched on.
- Weight. Often old televisions are placed in the kitchen. These models are usually heavy. There is a risk of damaging the top panel of the refrigerator and not only. The heat insulation process is disturbed, followed by the normal operation of the unit.
Some housewives find it unacceptable to have a TV in the kitchen. Why? Firstly, it distracts from the cooking process and does not allow you to focus on the dish. Secondly, watching television at a meal disrupts digestion.
Attention! There is an opinion that eating in front of the TV leads to weight gain. The person is not focused on the food but on the screen. He does not enjoy the taste of the food, consequently, he does not feel satiated. Therefore, during dinner, combined with watching TV shows, more than one extra plate can be eaten.
Interaction of the devices
Putting the TV set on the fridge is not the best solution for one more reason. The proximity of devices is undesirable because of electromagnetic radiation.
The interaction of devices has the following negative consequences:
- The consumption of electricity increases;
- There is a risk of both devices breaking down;
- superimposition of energy fields badly affects the quality of food.
The last statement is considered controversial. In the kitchen there can be more powerful appliances, such as microwave ovens. Its radiation level is many times greater than that of a television set.
Is it possible to put the TV on the refrigerator if there are no other options? You can, but you don’t need to. Appliances have a bad influence on each other. The performance of both devices deteriorates and the service life is shortened. And it is not good for your health.
If a television in the kitchen is necessary, it is important to consider its optimal placement.
Some places should be avoided at once:
- Near the sink. High humidity will lead to a rapid breakdown of the device.
- Near the stove and the radiator. They cause constant heating of the appliances.
- Under direct sunlight. Additional heat will cause rapid wear and tear on the parts of the television.
Manufacturers are trying to improve the technique. They listen to the consumer and consider his wishes. Today it is possible to purchase the fridge model with the built in plasma panel. But not everyone can afford such a variant.
There are models with a built-in aperture for TV. It should be taken into account that the size of the hole is not standard. The dimensions of the appliances must fit them.
It is not necessary to choose the size of the fridge for the TV.
There are alternative options for installing the device:
- The shelf in the cabinet is provided at the stage of selecting the set;
- Bracket: the mount allows you to hang the TV in any free corner;
- The swivel system sits in the cabinet and saves space.
Which method to choose depends on personal preference.
Help. Kitchen TV should have a small screen and a remote control. Optimal size of diagonal is 20 inches. The distance between the device and the beholder must be taken into account. It should not be less than two meters.
What you can put on the fridge
In order to optimize space, small appliances like to put on the fridge. The refrigerator is loaded with potted plants, crockery and other items. Whether it causes damage, few people care.
Is it possible to mount anything on the refrigerator, bypassing the trouble? Can. The main thing is to take safety precautions into account. In addition to the TV, the microwave oven likes to be placed on the unit.
It is not recommended to place a microwave oven or a multicooker on the fridge. But if there’s no other place for it, it can’t be avoided. Then it is important to observe safety measures:
- Microwave needs space on all sides. This affects functionality and performance. If the refrigerator fits the dimensions, the technique can be confidently put.
- The height of the refrigerator plays a role. A two-meter unit will not accommodate a microwave. On a small appliance, the oven will be more appropriate. you won’t have to reach high for the food.
- To reduce the level of radiation, you should separate the devices. For example, place a cardboard or wooden sheet between the microwave and the refrigerator.
- If it is seldom used, the refrigeration unit will not be adversely affected. But you must not place frequently used equipment on top of the fridge.
How to place appliances correctly
When choosing the right location for the TV in the kitchen, you should also observe the following simple rules.
- Do not place it near a sink. Liquid spilled on the TV surface can not only cause malfunction, but also cause an accident.
- You should not place your TV set near any sources of heat (electric or gas stove, radiator, etc.). д.). It should also be protected from direct sunlight. This helps to avoid overheating and premature wear and tear of the parts.
- When choosing a TV for the kitchen, it is better to give preference to models of medium size (up to 20 inches). Such a TV set will easily fit into even a small kitchen without causing any unnecessary trouble or inconvenience to the owners.
- The TV should not be set too high. The optimal height should not exceed two meters, otherwise the user will experience discomfort while watching because of unnecessary strain on the eyesight and the cervical spine.
IMPORTANT. Always place your TV set so that there are no cords hanging down from it and you are not likely to catch them accidentally. The same goes for a set-top box or antenna.
Modern manufacturers of household appliances offer models of refrigerators with built-in LCD TV. Such appliances are convenient, ergonomic and save space in the kitchen, but they are much more expensive than their analogues, bought separately. The appliance market also offers refrigerators with an opening to accommodate a TV. The only thing you need to do is to choose a device that is suitable in size. To do this, it is better to turn to experts in the home appliance store. A good solution would be to place in a special niche provided in the kitchen set. In this case, you will need to install a shelf under the device in aperture and to consider the proximity of outlets. Another way out is to mount it on a wall with a special bracket. Of course, only modern LCD televisions will be suitable for this purpose. This method is not expensive. You just need to find a free space on the wall of the appropriate size.
If all of the above methods are not suitable, and the TV in the kitchen is very necessary, you can place it on the fridge. There are no categorical prohibitions on this, and specialists from service centers claim that no cases of breakdowns of household appliances due to the negative impact on each other have yet been recorded.
How electrical appliances affect each other
Some new generation refrigerators have a built-in TV, but in this case the manufacturers have calculated all the harmful effects of such proximity and installed protection. Modern designers understand that the kitchen is overfilled with all sorts of electromagnetic fields, and create models with such conditions in mind.
If the fridge in your kitchen is not of the first youth, and the TV is also old, the following troubles can occur:
- When electromagnetic waves overlap, the radiation increases;
- The load on the mechanisms increases;
- The old refrigerator vibrates, which is not good for the monitor and for the eyes;
- Heavy TV set can deform the lid of the fridge.
Mschistota resource.ru found out from the specialists that there are no reports of failures caused by this arrangement of the devices. Indeed, nothing happens on the day of installation and for a long time afterwards. TV and refrigerator honestly served their time and went for disposal. But no one knows how long they could have worked if they had been standing far apart.
If you consider the best place for a TV in the kitchen, buy a modern model of the freezer with a built-in plasma panel.
If you can’t do without watching TV programs in the kitchen, you can put the TV set on a special stand. Put it on a shelf or hang it on a wall with special brackets. Owners of flat, light models sometimes want to hang the TV on the refrigerator. You really don’t need to do that. There is a lot of movement around the freezer, all family members often open and close the door. In this case there is a great chance to drop and break the plasma panel.
No TV in the kitchen
You might wonder if you need a TV in the kitchen. This is a special room, where food is prepared, the family gathers around a common table. It’s no secret that most shows are not conducive to a good mood: talk shows discuss the problems of dysfunctional families, news stories are filled with chilling plots. Would you like to have dinner with a full screen showing a fungus-infested fingernail??
Good housewives know that when cooking, you need to focus only on this process and not be distracted by anything else. They even turn off their phone during this time. The quality of a dish depends to a large extent on the mood in which you cook it. Cry over the problems of characters in a melodrama or be carried away by a crime show. do not be surprised that the food will be tasteless, and the whole family will feel tight in the stomach for a long time. If the TV is on the fridge, the temptation to turn it on is very great, and you are unlikely to cook a delicious and healthy dinner.
A tip from
If you are bored in silence while working in the kitchen, turn on the radio or the player with your favorite tunes, which will create a pleasant emotional atmosphere.
Doctors do not recommend watching TV shows, discussing serious issues, or talking on the phone while eating. Disconnect from all problems, enjoy a good meal and don’t forget to praise the hostess. Share the good news, make each other happy. Missing episodes of an interesting detective story can then be viewed online.
Each person must decide for himself whether it is possible to put the TV on the refrigerator. If you can’t think of a better place, make sure everyone in the family is safe. All devices must be installed firmly and steadily. Place the electrical cord and antenna cable so they can’t be accidentally bumped or yanked. Still, keep the screen off more often; it’s much more fun to talk to your family and friends than it is to talk to the characters on a soap opera.