Power Failure: An interruption in the power supply for 1
Refrigerator legs, wrap them against the
While loading and unloading the refrigerator
BEFORE REFRIGERATING:If transporting refrigerator
Refrigerant circulating inside the system
cooling, may gurgle softly, even
worry, it’s perfectly normal. В
The refrigerator‘s operation can be
How to open the freezer if the door is frozen?
Dear friends! Not so long ago I had a little kitchen emergency: the freezer in the refrigerator froze. The other day I stuffed fresh meat in there tightly, and now it’s tightly “seized,” and the door is a no-joo-joo. Break it out. But to such extreme measures I was not ready (a pity to spoil a good refrigerator). Went to Google, but this treasure trove of knowledge when asked about a frozen door stubbornly replied. maybe you meant “frozen vodka”?
My mom’s friend helped me out. She gave me tips, with which I finally got the damn meat out, and in 10 minutes, without harming the shelf, and without even defrosting it. Happy to share! After all, I suspect we have a lot of hamster hostesses, and anyone can encounter such an affliction.
How to clean your refrigerator
Our experienced team of editors and researchers were involved in the creation of this article, and checked it for accuracy and completeness.
The wikiHow content management team carefully monitors the work of the editors to ensure that each article meets our high quality standards.
Number of views on this article: 35 211.
From time to time the refrigerator needs to be cleaned from the inside. The shelves should be cleaned of dripping milk, and the food should be thrown away if it is no longer suitable for storage in the refrigerator. Even if it is not the most pleasant thing to do, you should know how to do it right to save a lot of time and effort.
- Don’t embarrass yourself by throwing away food you’ve never touched. Those pickles that have been at the very end of the freezer since before your grandmother had dentures probably deserve to be thrown away, unless you want to get yourself in trouble.
- Never wash a freezer shelf under hot water. Sudden temperature changes can crack the glass. Wash it under cold water instead, or take it out of the freezer and wait until it warms to room temperature and wash it.
- For old streaks and stains, don’t be afraid to use the power of hot water and ammonia. Dilute a small amount of ammonia in hot water (a ratio of 1:5 is sufficient) and let the pieces soak in this solution before wiping them.
- Be sure to let the shelves and racks dry completely before putting them back in the refrigerator.
- It’s best not to use soap or chemical cleaner inside the refrigerator because the food can absorb the chemical smell. Use one of the following cleaners instead:
- 2 tablespoons baking soda per quart of hot water  X Source of information
- 1 part apple cider to 4 parts hot water
- This shouldn’t even need to be mentioned, but if you notice spills or stains in your refrigerator, clean them out quickly, and remove the source of the problem. If you don’t get rid of the smudges and stains quickly, they will be harder to clean later on.
- A clean sock filled with activated charcoal bought at the aquarium store, not taken from your barbecue briquettes. Charcoal can absorb bad odor for up to three months.
- An open box of baking soda. Soda is also very good at absorbing odors.  X Source of information On most packages it says you can change the soda every 30 days, but you can probably extend that to 60-90 days.
- Freshly ground coffee poured into a small dish, in the back of the refrigerator, is also very good at absorbing odors.
- Chlorophilic odorless cat litter is also an excellent odor absorber. Pour some sand into a flat pan and place it in the back of your refrigerator to get rid of most of the nasty odors.
- Dampen absorbent cotton with vanilla extract, tea tree oil or essence of lavender, lemon or even bergamot and place it in a small dish near the back of the refrigerator. Change it every couple of weeks.
- Keep a small jar (with the lid open) of baking soda in the refrigerator to absorb excess moisture. Be sure to remember that it should be a can, not a box.
- Arrange the food so it’s easier to find. Put milk, juices, and other drinks on one shelf and salads, sauces, and similar foods on another shelf.
- Clean your refrigerator about every month.
- Once you’ve cleaned your refrigerator, you can easily keep it clean by cleaning only 1 or 2 shelves at a time. The whole fridge can’t stay perfectly clean, but you don’t have to clean it every day. At least remember to clean the shelves.
- Inspect the food every week to make sure it doesn’t go stale.
- Make sure that the parts to be removed don’t fall and break.
- Don’t let water or detergent get into the interior openings of the refrigerator.
- Old food should be placed in separate bags before throwing it in your trash to avoid attracting animals and vermin if the bag isn’t sealed securely or torn.
The Side-by-side and French-door models are distinguished by their high capacity: their useful volume can amount to 500-700 liters (and more). These devices will be an excellent solution for large families, hotels, restaurants and cafes. According to the European statistics, the optimum refrigerator volume for one person is 100-150 liters, for 2-4 persons. 200-280 liters, for 5 and more family members. at least 300-320 liters.
Samsung French door 4 door bottom glass removal cleaning and reinstallation
To keep food fresh for a long time, you need to follow certain storage rules. The most popular refrigerator form-factor in our country is the two-compartment model (European or American layout). The appliance with two compartments is the optimal solution for the vast majority of families. In the refrigerated compartment is often allocated an additional compartment, which is called the “fresh zone”. Here at about zero temperature you can keep fresh food (meat, poultry, fish, seafood, cheese, vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, berries, herbs) for as long as possible without having to freeze them.
The refrigeration appliances are distinguished by well-thought-out internal zoning. The working chambers and doors are equipped with a large number of spacious shelves, racks and containers for food placement. The shelves are most often made of tempered glass and are easily removable and repositionable if necessary (height-adjustable). Bright interior lighting (halogen or LED lamps) facilitates the search for food and maintenance of the refrigerator. In premium models, plastic and glass are coated with a special antibacterial composition and the body and fittings are covered with a substance against fingerprints.
Depending on the purpose and functions performed, the shelves used in refrigerators are divided into several categories.
This variety includes horizontal shelving located in the main part of the refrigerator or freezer. The width between these shelves can be adjusted independently by sliding them along the slots provided in the compartment of the unit.
In different refrigerator models, the universal shelves may differ in their construction. So, in addition to elements whose width and length completely repeat the internal dimensions of the device, there are non-standard components:
- Folding glass shelves are products made of two halves, the front one of which rotates on a hinge and folds onto or slides under the rear one. This makes it possible to store tall pots and bottles without having to remove one of the shelves. Folding shelf is present in refrigerators LG GA-B489TGBM, Samsung RB34K6220SS.
- Lattice shelves with hinged platforms. Designed for storing various tall containers in the device: wine or plastic bottles, tetrapacks.
- Z-shaped stainless steel shelves. An example is the shelf used in the Samsung RSJ1KERS model, which allows you to place different height vessels with maximum economy of space.
Tip! To protect the shelves from contamination during use, you can put special washable mats or food film on them.
The devices are separate boxes, which can store fruits and vegetables, various small goods. cosmetics, medicines. Most often they are made of special plastic, but in some premium models there are more environmentally friendly materials, in particular the brand Electrolux in several devices uses baskets made of wicker.
Containers can be equipped with lids or separated from the rest of the refrigerated compartment with a special transparent shelf. In the LG model acq 85653502 such a partition is made of glass and equipped with guides and rollers for smooth extension.
Refrigeration units may have two vegetable containers or one common compartment. In some models, for example, Ariston MTA 401 V, it is equipped with a partition that allows dividing the space into drawers of the required width.
Space on the refrigerated compartment door is often provided for storing various lightweight foods and beverages that are used in meal preparation on a regular basis. For this reason, most manufacturers equip their devices with balconies for the entire width of the door space. They can be both open and supplemented with lids with holes for air circulation. Such compartments are often made of white or transparent plastic.
The lower door shelf is most often fixed without possibility of removal and has high sides, which allows you to place on it tall bottles and beverage bags. For other shelves manufacturers provide the possibility to move a small distance. This facilitates efficient organization of the storage system.
The number of balcony shelves in refrigerators of different brands differs. Most popular mid-priced models have 3 to 5 shelves, but there are also more original options. For example, the model Atlant MHM 1704 provides 9 small shelves. Also half-shelves are presented in the model range of such famous brands as LG, Bosch.
Today’s refrigerators use a variety of bottle storage devices. The standard option, inherent in devices of the medium price category, is a balcony shelf with high walls, located on the door of the appliance. It can be equipped with a convenient plastic or metal holder that fixes the bottle at a certain place.
There are also more interesting variants:
- Bottle racks, or so-called garlands, are fixed in slots like conventional multipurpose shelves. Depending on the design, they can accommodate 2-5 bottles.
- VARIO-shelves. elements with a flat horizontal surface on one side and wavy grooves for bottles on the other. These racks are often used in SIEMENS brand models.
- Holders that can be fixed underneath the shelves. Can be made of plastic or metal. The number of containers accommodated in bottle holders also varies from model to model. For example, the plastic compartment in the Ariston MBA 4041 C is designed for one bottle, while the Bosch KGS 36310 model can accommodate two bottles.
- Bottle compartments. AEG S 3742 refrigerator is equipped with a separate compartment, which maintains the optimum temperature for storing certain drinks.
There are also independent metal racks that can be installed on any universal shelf. Holds up to 6 horizontally placed bottles.
Small accessories for refrigerators are becoming more and more common, contributing to increase the period and convenience of food storage. Most popular models of refrigerators of various brands are equipped with trays that can store from 5 pieces to 3 dozen eggs, oilers, ice molds.
Highlight a few non-standard accessories found in the models of certain brands:
- mats to separate vegetables and fruits in Indesit brand products help to increase the duration of food storage;
- Gorenje 116621 refrigerator comes with a wooden board on which you can store and serve cheese;
- In Indesit’s model lineup, there is a bucket to cool champagne and wine;
- Liebherr brand refrigerators are often equipped with the FlexSystem storage system, which allows you to distribute herbs, vegetables and fruit into separate sections.
Refrigerator drawer repair
I came up with the following solution: I bought the 2.5 mm. for 40, a 2.5 mm drill bit. for eight. I needed an electric screwdriver cutters and pliers. And of course time. I spent 40 minutes on two cases. You can see the result in the photo. It turned out very strong: six months of flight is normal.
And yes, the idea of fixing the plastic with screeds is not new, but I think few people have guessed to apply this idea here.
The second option for repairing a broken drawer
Acrylic thread, 2 mm drill bit, transparent epoxy. You can make art in weaving. The result in the photo.
The third variant of repair of the broken drawer
I even tried to reanimate the front wall after the first break, there were patches put on the cracks, rivets attached But this transparent plastic is just treacherously brittle, you can not hurt. Apparently, the manufacturers of Indesit don’t know what people keep in their refrigerators. I’ll have to tell them that it’s mostly meat in there, not ice cream from the market.
Anyway, I threw those pieces away. I had to pick up a piece of plywood as a template for the future front wall of the drawer. What to do? It would be nice to have a piece of thick plexiglass, but I don’t have it in my cherished corner! And there is plywood. Even if it’s opaque, it’s safe.
A tape measure, an angle piece and a pencil were not a problem, so I carefully marked everything and sawed out the desired shape with the jigsaw.
If we leave it as it is, it’ll be hard on our hands, we’ll all have splinters. But the belt sander with success smoothed everything out, and then I sanded all the edges and corners by hand with a burr. Now it is smooth and pleasant to the touch.
And here corners necessary galvanized were found, and screws short, just in the size, and washers necessary. It was neat and tidy.
I had to install additional strips on both sides, in which screws are screwed. It’s not very smooth, of course. Well, maybe my wife won’t notice.
That’s it. Elegant, noble. I should send this to the manufacturer of the indexit, maybe they’ll understand how to make a drawer for 10 kilos of ground meat. But I won’t. They won’t. All they have in their fridges at home is ice for cocktails.
Refrigerator door installation after dismantling
It is recommended to begin the work on the installation of the door in the new order. You mean from the bottom door. And experts advise: do not change the details. Even interchangeable. Otherwise, there is a great risk of an unpleasant result:
Start by inserting the bottom hinge. It was the last door to be removed. Now install it on the opposite side. Bolts are screwed in with a wrench. Or use a suitable screwdriver. Insert the bottom pin and the gasket.
Carry the handle on the door. Now carefully mount the door on the pin. And secure it to the refrigerator body with tape.
A word of advice: You don’t have to use adhesive tape, you can just tilt the fridge body backwards. This solution will ensure the most complete fit of the door.
Attach the middle hinge. To do this, its lower pin is put on the bushing and aligned with all the holes. The bolts are screwed into them. And screwed in with a screwdriver.
The upper door of the fridge is fixed in the same way. Don’t forget the safety devices! The door is attached with duct tape to avoid falling. Either the body of the refrigerator is tilted backwards.
The final step is to secure the top hinge pin into the sleeve. And you can check the tightness of the installed door. To do this, a simple test is carried out. A sheet of paper is placed in the open door and it is closed. If there is insufficient sealing, the sheet will easily come out with little effort from the door. In this case, it will be necessary to adjust the tightness of the sealing rubber.
Removing and installing the interior components of the refrigerator For.
and 0° C temperature zone drawer: these drawers have special latches that prevent them from reaching all the way out and reduce the risk of falling on the floor. If you want to pull these drawers out, pull them out by 3/4, then lift them slightly and keep pulling until the end.
B) hinged shelves on the refrigerator compartment door: for
To remove them, all you have to do is lift them up and remove the.
the plastic trays of the freezer compartment: in order to remove them, it is enough to lift them up and remove them.