Main kitchen work surfaces are constantly in contact with food and high temperatures. As a result, a layer of soot appears on them, which can not be cleaned with conventional detergents.
To cope with it and not to damage the kitchen utensils, use improvised means and special chemicals. For a quick and safe way to get rid of soot, read this article.
Folk methods for use at home
To get rid of a layer of soot, it is not necessary to buy expensive or caustic chemical compositions. You can use a handy tool that every housewife can find in the kitchen.
The most effective and easy to use recipe is a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. This combination can do no harm to any surface, but it helps to cope even with a thick layer of soot.
- Remove coarse debris from the surface. If some of the soot flakes off even before the application of the cleaner, it is swept away with a brush.
- Wet the area to be treated with 9% or 6% vinegar. It is most convenient to apply it with an atomizer.
- Soda is poured on top of the liquid.
- After 20 minutes after the completion of the reaction, the surface is rinsed with clean water.
If necessary, the procedure is repeated again. Most often it is required when the layer of soot is stale and thick.
Another effective recipe is a soap and soda solution. How to use:
- grind the laundry soap;
- mix it in equal proportions with baking soda, add water. the result should be a creamy mass;
- The mixture is applied to the surface that needs to be cleaned, leave it for an hour. if it will dry out, it is moistened with a sprayer;
- Clean the surface with a soft brush, rinse with clean water;
- This mild and effective descaler can be used several times in a row.
An ordinary table salt dissolves stubborn soot well, but it takes time to get results. Method of application:
- Dissolve 4 tablespoons of table salt in two glasses of water. Water must be hot to dissolve it better.
- Liberally moisten the surface with the salt solution. If possible, the product is immersed in it completely.
- Leave to soak overnight.
- Over 12 hours the soot will soften and can easily be removed with a brush.
These recipes are universal. They can be used on any surface.
Rules for cleaning
Clean the surface and the soiled grid of the gas stove only after disconnecting the device from the gas supply. Always follow the safety rules.
Just one action to disconnect the device from the gas supply will eliminate the possibility of its accidental flow, as well as protect you from possible injury.
Next, you should carefully remove the grate from the gas stove. Very often it is the most contaminated one. The grid usually accumulates a lot of grease, which is the most difficult to remove.
To clean the grid, you can use folk methods that have been proven over time. Many housewives are convinced of their effectiveness. The grate should be placed in a tub or basin, previously filled with hot water with the addition of laundry soap. To prepare a solution for cleaning the grate, you need to take 5 liters of water and one piece of soap 72%. You need to find a container so that the grate is completely submerged in the prepared solution.
The gas stove necessarily has a burner and an electric ignition. They are also objects of accumulation of dirt and grease. If these elements are removable type, then they should be removed from the stove and also immersed in a soapy solution for quality cleaning.
Contaminated elements should be soaked for a few days. After this procedure, washing grease and dirt will be easier.
To clean the handles and hard-to-reach places will require special cleaners. If the gas stove is equipped with an oven, then it is mandatory to clean its outer surfaces and internal parts.
Eliminate grease and various kinds of dirt will help both folk remedies and special detergents purchased in stores. Folk methods are less effective and require more time and effort to thoroughly clean the gas stove. When using household chemicals should be very careful in terms of safety, so that it does not get into the food later.
If you want to remove grease from the gas stove, you can use remedies prepared by yourself. Folk methods are chosen by those who prefer safe and proven methods and do not like to use synthetic household chemicals.
Everyone can clean the stove with folk remedies, because all components are always at hand. Household chemicals are not in demand, because it can cause allergies, is not safe to use, as well as all actions must be carried out in rubber gloves to protect the hand skin from various types of damage.
Modern manufacturers of household chemicals offer a wide range of products, allowing you to quickly and easily remove even difficult to remove dirt and a large layer of grease.
All cleaners can be divided into three groups:
- Abrasives are in the form of powders containing abrasive particles. They have a wide price range. They should be applied evenly to the surface of the plate and leave for 30 minutes, then, with the help of a brush or a napkin performs cleaning of the surface. Next, you need to wash it thoroughly until the detergent is removed. This option is ideal for removing stains from stainless steel and is strictly forbidden for enamel-coated cooktops.
- Detergents are gels, creams, foams and pastes. Gels and creams include microgranules that act like an abrasive but are very mild and have a pleasant smell. They should be applied to a wet surface and left to dissolve all types of dirt for half an hour. Foams or pastes are ideal for cleaning vertical surfaces, they are effective and gentle. Pastes are a more economical option than foams.
- Grease removers are in the form of sprays. They are ideal for cleaning burner caps and grids. Spray the product on the soiled elements and leave it for a certain period of time (as specified by the manufacturer) and then rinse it off with water. Cleaning should only be done with gloves on. It is worth paying attention to the composition of the spray, since some are designed specifically to remove fouling, so it is quite difficult to wash off.
How to clean the knobs of a gas stove
There are different options for cleaning removable and nonremovable handles. For removable ones the process is simpler. They are soaked in a vinegar or soap solution for 1-2 hours.
Stubborn dirt is removed using a sponge soaked in ammonia diluted in water. A more radical option is to immerse the handles in a solution of ammonia, and then put it on the stove for 7-10 minutes. After the liquid has cooled, rinse the handles under running water.
Non-removable ones require ammonia or vinegar solution sprayed on the surface of the handles. After 5-10 minutes, wipe surfaces with a clean, dry cloth. To clean the nooks and crannies on the handles you can use a toothbrush, cotton buds and toothpicks.
How to clean the gas stove grids
Firstly you need to remove the coarse dirt (food scraps, grease deposits, carbon deposits). The corners and corners where the grill touches the stove are the ones where most of the dirt accumulates. The easiest way to remove them is with a scraper (plastic and wooden) or a metal brush. But these methods are only valid for cast-iron and steel gratings, and are not suitable for enamelled gratings.
Washing with a soda solution
Sponge the entire surface of the grid, and then leave it for a few hours. Then grease and dirt are removed with a cloth or sponge. If there are gaps, you must go over the cast iron or steel grid with a hard sponge or metal brush.
Moisten a sponge with ammonia and clean the entire grill. To achieve the desired effect and eliminate the unpleasant smell, it is better to remove the grate in a plastic bag, leaving it there for 2-3 hours. Later, it is washed with dishwashing detergent and the sponge is used to remove grease and soot.
When using a soapy solution, you’ll need a container of a suitable size and shape (a basin, a bucket, a sink). The grid will have to soak for several hours, after which it is rinsed and cleaned. This method is excellent for enameled and steel grids.
Dishwasher to eliminate the dirt is suitable only for enameled grids. As for cast-iron, then a long stay of the material in water is fraught with the appearance of rust.
The tool for cars will remove grease and soot, but you will have to work hard to wash chemical residues from the surface of the grate.
Ammonia is quite effective in getting rid of grease traces. To do this, pour a glass of the substance on the tray and put it in the oven heated to 100 degrees for about half an hour or a little longer. Clean the cooled tray with a sponge, detergent and water.
Rules for cleaning gas stoves
Before you start cleaning the surface, you must remove the cast-iron grate and, if possible, remove the burners with pads. Clean them in order to get to the most hard-to-reach areas of the tiled surface.
It is also important to know that only dishwashing sponges should be used for enameled materials, but you can also use a metal brush to clean stainless steel.
For ordinary cleaning, housewives most often use regular dishwashing detergent or mustard powder. But there are also a few ways to get grease and stubborn dirt off your kitchen helper. Please note that each of these should be used with gloves on to protect your hands.
Mix in equal proportions of baking soda and table vinegar. Ideally, a sour creamy mass should be obtained, which should be liberally applied to the surface with a sponge. The composition should be left for a few hours, and then, after walking with it on particularly difficult areas, rinse everything with water.
Grease stains can be removed with lemon juice. To do this, apply the liquid to the problem areas and leave it like this for 1.5 to 2 hours. After that, the areas should be cleaned with a stiff sponge, and finally rinse with water. In the same way you can clean handles and grease stains in the oven.
If no lemon juice is available, you can dilute citric acid powder. Dilute 2 tablespoons of the product in 100 milliliters of water and stir thoroughly. Cleaning takes place in the above way.
Washing material can also be carried out with the help of ordinary baking soda. To begin, the surface is moistened liberally with water, and then a layer of baking soda is poured on it. In this form, the mixture should be left for a period of about an hour, and then scrub the dirt with a metal sponge.
Finally the surface is wiped with the soft side of a sponge soaked in a solution of ammonia and water (proportions. 1:1). This way, there will definitely be no traces of organics on any areas, which can later burn.
Another quick way to clean with baking soda you will see in the following
How to Clean a Gas Hob Grate? Fresh dirt is easy to remove with a soapy solution. Take half a bar of laundry soap and grate it on a fine grater.
Pour warm water into a bowl and stir until a smooth mixture is obtained.
The rack should be removed and soaked in this mixture for a couple of hours, and then cleaned with a dishwashing sponge or (if the stains are more embedded) using a metal brush.
If your helper has removable handles, you can also soak them in a soapy solution.
Dilute 1 cup of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water to become a paste. With the prepared remedy rub all the dirty areas and leave for a few hours. Use a wire brush to scrub the cast iron griddle and then rinse and dry it.
If you don’t have a metal washcloth in your arsenal, you can use a crumpled up piece of stiff foil.
For more stubborn stains, housewives use ammonia alcohol. Household sponge should be abundantly moistened with the solution. Wear gloves and sponge all the dirty parts beforehand and wrap them in cling film.
Leave to soak for several hours. Then remove the film and wipe all parts again with an alcohol-moistened sponge. Next, thoroughly rinse the grid and rinse the parts, using an ordinary detergent. The same liquid can also be used for cleaning kitchen utensils in hard-to-reach areas: the walls and the floor.
Non-removable handles need to be cleaned just like other parts. Clean them with vinegar or half-and-half solutions of ammonia and water. The same composition helps to clean a dirty hood above the work area. To clean hard-to-reach places, an old toothbrush can be helpful.
How to clean a glass ceramic hob?
In modern apartments, glass-ceramic electric stoves are the most common, which need more gentle treatment compared to gas types. However, not all housewives know exactly how to wash an electric stove with a glass surface, without damaging it. Let’s deal with it.
First of all, you should know that you need to have a separate sponge for washing such material. If you wash it with the same washcloth that you use to wash dishes, the glass and ceramics will leave unsightly streaks because of the organic residues. Never clean glass with a metallic sponge, as it can scratch the fragile material and the glass will quickly lose its quality.
What to do if the gas from the burner is weak?
Poor combustion is most often caused by clogged nozzles. If cleaning measures do not help, it is necessary to seek professional help. Calling a master is required if:
- At maximum gas mode, the flame remains weak;
- The flame is not coming out of all the holes in the atomizer;
- The fire goes out after a while after lighting the burner;
- The flames have an atypical color.
If the gas stove burner has been thoroughly cleaned, the surface washed, and the nozzles cleaned, the burning problems are related to more serious irregularities that only a gas service repairman can identify and fix.
Universal cleaning methods
Gas grills are made from the following materials:
There are several simple remedies that can be used to clean any of these materials. Let’s get acquainted with them in more detail.
Before use, the above remedy is diluted with water until a thick paste is obtained. It is spread evenly on the grate. The product is left for an hour to allow the baking soda to eat away the stubborn grease, then wiped with a metal brush and a soft kitchen sponge. After carrying out such procedures, the part will acquire a pristine appearance.
We heat the oven to the maximum temperature, put a tray in the cabinet, pour water and place the grid there. The liquid must completely cover the product. After a while, the hot water will soften the grease and it will easily come off the metal. It is enough to go over the bars with a rag, but in some cases you need to use a hard sponge or scraper.
Before you clean the grease from the grate of the gas stove, you need to buy a steam generator. The specified device perfectly softens stubborn grease dirt after directing a stream of hot steam. The steam brush removes the soot from the surface. This unit can be used to clean any parts, including non-removable items.
Not everyone knows how to clean the grid on the gas stove. Mustard powder is often used for this purpose. The order of work is as follows:
- Wet the grate with water;
- Apply a thick solution of mustard;
- leave the part to soak for 2 hours;
- Wipe off the paste with a sponge and rinse with water.
Mustard not only breaks down grease, it is also used for disinfecting and cleaning various surfaces.
The nuances of cleaning the grids made of different materials
Let’s get acquainted with the nuances of cleaning each type of grids. Every material must be properly cared for. Let’s look at everything in detail.
Not every user knows how to clean cast iron grates on a gas stove. Such products are difficult to look after, when working with a scraper there are scratches on the surface of the bars. Next, we will learn how to clean cast iron grates on the stove.
How to clean your greasy gas cooker the Nigerian way | 3 easy steps
The hardening method
This method is considered one of the most effective. To clean from stubborn dirt, the grate is kept on a fire or under the fire of a blowtorch. The same procedure can be used in the home, over the gas stove burner.
They emit a strong odour when burned. If such operations are performed in the house, the owner needs to open all doors and windows, as well as turn on the hood. The product is placed over the gas stove. From time to time the piece is turned so that all surfaces are evenly burned by the fire. After intensive heating, wipe the part with a rag and dry it.
There is another method of burning with sand. The order of work is as follows:
- The cast iron grate is placed on a sheet of metal.
- Cover the part with an even layer of sand.
- Put it on the fire for 2-3 hours. During this time the grease should burn out; the grate should be cooled, washed with water and dried.
River sand can be used not only for piercing, but also for cleaning the surfaces of products.
Fight with the soot by mechanical means
Scrapers can be used to combat stubborn dirt. To facilitate the process of scraping grease and carbon deposits, purchase a special nozzle in the store. It is attached to a small angle grinder, turned on and the dirt is scraped off.
Use motor vehicle engine fluid to clean the surfaces. This solution is soaked in a sponge and wipe the rods in places of maximum accumulation of dirt, then wipe the product with a cloth and dry.
Gas Stove Se Oil Kaise Saff Karen, How To Remove Grease From Steel #GrihinisJob
How to clean gas stove handles from old grease
Cleaning the handles is a rather complicated process. Dirt, grease and cooking residue are always accumulated underneath. There are different cleaning methods depending on the type of handle. They can be detachable and non-detachable.
- Removable handles are much easier and faster to clean. Just immerse the pen in the soapy solution. After 30 minutes, rub the hard-to-reach places with a brush. If the dirt is too thick, you must use a vinegar solution. Add 200 ml of vinegar to a liter of water, heat the liquid well, pour the hot solution for 10 minutes. Once the liquid has cooled, you can rinse the pens under running water and dry them.
- Ammonia and anise drops grease the handles with a cotton swab, wipe with a damp sponge after 30 minutes.
- Dilute ammonia with water in a 1:1 ratio.
- You need lemon juice and baking soda. Combine the ingredients so that you get a mush. Use this mixture to clean the handles.
Warning! Do not use calcined soda. It contains a large quantity of alkali which can cause scratches.
How to clean an induction glass ceramic hob
A glass ceramic cooktop is very beautiful, but vulnerable to improper cleaning methods. To avoid damaging the panel, you need to know how to handle it properly. Consider the following basic rules.
- Do not clean glass ceramic hobs while they are hot. Not only can this cause burns, but the difference in temperature can cause the glass to burst.
- Do not use metal implements, such as sponges, brushes, etc. д.
- Do not use old cookware with a rough bottom. It can scratch the surface.
- Clean the surface with gels, creams, dishwashing liquid and baking soda.
- To remove burnt grease use only special scrapers.
The sequence of washing the surface is the same as for a conventional gas stove. To remove grease, use special creams that are gently and evenly applied to the entire surface. Rinse off with a sponge and dry with a soft towel.
A few tips from experienced housewives will make the difficult process of cleaning gas grills from carbon deposits easier:
- Fresh limescale residue can easily be removed with lemon juice. Just wipe the bars with a slice of fresh citrus and grease stains will be gone.
- Soak time in the soap solution should not exceed six hours. Prolonged contact with water destroys the protective layer of the metal bars.
- Car engine cleaner is an effective way to fight rust on cast iron grills.
Lifechoice: using dishes with high sides helps to keep the grids and the working surface of the gas stove clean.
Ways and means of cleaning different surfaces from soot deposits are presented in this section.
The inside of the oven is close to the food being cooked, which imposes a number of restrictions on cleaning.
Among the prohibitions are:
- Do not use household chemicals that are not designed for this purpose when cleaning the oven.
- Tools with abrasive surfaces must not be used for cleaning, as they increase the risk of damaging the inside walls of the oven.
- After cleaning the oven in any way, you must always rinse off the cleaning agent. Any residue left on the walls may come into contact with the food and could be released into the air while the oven is in operation, which could pose a health hazard.
- Cleaning agents should not be used if the oven has a self-cleaning function.
In order to take care of your oven without unpleasant consequences, we recommend using the following expert tips:
- Folk cleaning methods are often no less effective than commercially available remedies.
- Rubber gloves are recommended for oven cleaning.
- Before using a specific product for the oven, be sure to study its instructions.
- When cleaning the oven, do not forget the door. The inside of the door is cleaned with the same composition as the entire oven.
- Cleaning the oven should be started only after removing dishes, racks and trays from it.
See this section for ways and means of removing soot deposits from various surfaces.