Fuel briquettes and pellets. is it possible to do on their own?
Fuel briquettes are a modern alternative to ordinary wood or coal. They are pressed waste from the woodworking industry: sawdust, chips, chips. Some types of briquette fuel are made from straw, sunflower husks, pine needles and other similar materials. The crushed waste is dried and pressed in a convenient form for use. Otherwise they are called Evrodrov, since they were originally developed in Germany. This type of fuel has high potential and is able to completely replace firewood.
Now briquette fuel, or pellets, is quickly gaining popularity among owners of cottages, cottages, country houses. And this is not surprising, because, unlike ordinary firewood, briquettes do not require Kolki, and in the process of combustion they do not form caustic smoke, ash and dirt. In addition, the efficiency of briquette fuel is five times more than a similar indicator of traditional types of fuel.
Briket fuel burns twice as long as ordinary logs. This is preferable for furnaces with a long period of combustion. And in furnaces or fireplaces with a quick combustion cycle it is better to use firewood, given their high heat transfer.
Advantages and disadvantages
To understand how good fuel briquettes are, you should consider their positive and negative sides.
- Since Evrodrov has the correct shape, they are very convenient to store.
- Fuel briquettes are much more heat than firewood. Hence the saving on raw materials.
- Suitable for any furnaces and gas boilers. Due to the prolonged burning of compressed sawdust, the addition of new portions of raw materials is much less common.
- The burning is uniform and silent, small coals do not fly around. When using raw materials, the release of smoke and the formation of resins, ash slightly. This leads to a decrease in labor costs for cleaning and cleaning chimneys.
- Depending on the method of manufacturing Eurodrov, their shelf life is from a year to 5 years.
- Bars do not contain chemicals, therefore are considered an environmentally friendly product.
- For one heating season, 1.5-2 times less briquette fuel is used, compared with conventional firewood.
- The combustion of eurobics occurs slowly and softly. In this case, a lot of heat is released.
In addition to positive qualities, compressed products have some disadvantages:
Today, productivity and demand for briquetted fuel is growing. The price of Eurodrov is high, but you can save, thanks to their properties.
Wood briquettes for a boiler
At the moment, production technology has been changed. The consumer began to offer a cylindrical fuel, up to several centimeters long, which made it possible to use wood fuel briquettes in automatic boilers.
How and from what wood briquettes make
Heating wood briquettes for boilers are made in three different ways, each of which has its own characteristics and marking designation:
- Rectangular Ruf briquettes. received markings due to the fact that the first pressed fuel was created on equipment manufactured by the German manufacturer RUF. In its form, the finished product resembles a small brick. The production principle is based on the pressing of sawdust and waste, through hydraulic presses, at a pressure of 300-400 bar.
Cylindrical bricket. pressing of briquettes for solid fuel boilers, this type, is carried out on hydraulic or shock mechanical equipment. During pressing, the pressure increases to 600 bar. The disadvantage of the cylindrical type of fuel is the fear of moisture and susceptibility to mechanical damage.
Pinikay. pressing wood bricket for heating boilers, is carried out on a mechanical type of screw equipment. The difference between production is the simultaneous use of high pressure (up to 1100 bar) and thermal firing. The resulting “logs” have the faces and characteristic dark brown color.
Wasis. in their structure resemble Pinikay, have four or six faces and a radial hole in the center. Briket length is only a few centimeters.
The technology for the production of briquettes is reflected in the quality and cost of fuel. Pinikay has the greatest heat.intensive ability, they are resistant to moisture and mechanical exposure, and also burn longer with a furnace.
Briquet consumption in the boiler
Solid fuel for boilers in briquettes is made of various wood species. The combustion time and fuel consumption depends on the variety and rock breed:
- Coniferous briquettes. quickly flare up and create a high temperature in the furnace, but quickly burn out, due to a large amount of resin released. It is not profitable to heat coniferous briquettes, due to a large fuel consumption, but it is advisable to use them to kindle the boiler.
- Little pressed slabs. have a high heat.intensive ability, flare up heavily and slowly burn out. The average consumption is 10 kg per 6-7 hours.
Another type of briquette that has not found wide application is plates made exclusively from the bark. This type of fuel burns heavily, but during burning, it has practically no flame and smolders slowly. At the same time, the temperature remains until the plates are burned. The average combustion time is 12 hours.
It is economically profitable to use fuel briquettes, due to high heat.intensive ability and a small content of a fireproof residue.
The positive properties of TO-Briketes
Heating briquettes, reviews of which are mostly positive, have the following advantages.
- High heat transfer.
- Long burning.
- Ease of use, because the product is already ready for use.
- Ash, which is formed after combustion, can be used as phosphorus or lime fertilizers.
TO-Brikers for heating is a profitable alternative to ordinary whole wood, while you do not have to think about the harvesting of firewood, which takes a lot of time.
Features of the use of fuel briquettes
Topka technology is available and will not cause much difficulties. It is important to clarify some details, as well as carefully choose products. The quality and characteristics of different products differ, so fuel briquettes from sawdust should not contain extraneous impurities. That is why it is not worth saving, buying products that use waste of wood and chips, wood.fiber slab, similar products. In the process of combustion, a lot of soot will be distinguished, so careful cleaning of the chimney will be required with regular use.
- This type of fuel is used for special boilers, as well as ordinary furnaces, fireplaces, heating baths, saunas.
- The bookmark occurs in a pre.cleaned firebox, paper is used for ignition.
- Products require special storage conditions when contact with water is minimized. When accumulating moisture. swell and support the combustion process worse.
- Due to the dense structure, the heating of the room occurs more slowly than with firewood with firewood. The temperature lasts longer, put in the furnace less often than firewood.
- It is advisable to use in fireplaces along with firewood that give beautiful flames.
mini press for fuel briquettes with their hands
The sawdust in briquettes is glued with lignin. a natural substance that is released from raw materials during the pressing process. This requires the use of special equipment, therefore, “artisanal” production involves the addition of binders. This worsens the characteristics of products, so it is better to buy only certified products.
Fuel briquettes are a great way to save reasonably, providing your housing with warmth and comfort. Unlike ordinary firewood, they are characterized by stable burning, less smoke and soot are distinguished, burned almost without a trace. The main advantages of this type of fuel, as well as the features of the furnace furnace are considered in our review.
Differences from other types of fuel
The form does not affect the heat.intensive ability or combustion regimen of sawdust briquettes, but can affect the efficiency of the automatic loading device. After all, this is precisely the main advantage of such fuel over firewood and coal.
Thanks to the same form and size, briquettes are ideal for use in boilers and furnaces with automatic fuel loading.
The only condition is to select the fuel of this form that it corresponds to the loading device.
The combustion mode of briquettes is fully consistent with the combustion regime of firewood or coal. heated fuel decomposes into pyrolysis gases, which are mixed with oxygen and ignite.
However, in their structure, they are closer to coal.
Indeed, unlike wood of any breeds, there are no capillaries that penetrate the entire product, therefore, at the same temperature, decay into ash and pyrolysis gases are slightly slower.
Like firewood, combustion regime and the heat of briquettes affect the regime of combustion, therefore it is very important to buy not only high.quality products, but also packed in a plastic film that protects fuel from precipitation.
In addition, it is important to store fuel in a well.ventilated room protected from precipitation and sun of the room.
House heating oven
Eurobrics are often used for heating houses. One canvas of the furnace is enough for a long maintenance of fire without adding fuel.
To melt the brick furnace, you must first light the bars. For this you need wood bark, chips, dry newspapers. On top of all this should be put fuel
How to Light your Fire. Using Wood Briquettes
At the time of kindling, it is important that it is blowing. When the first part of the briquettes lights up, you can add the next batch
You can fill the stove with fuel briquettes in two ways:
- Set the bars loosely in relation to each other. This contributes to the rapid heating of the house.
- Fold the raw materials tightly. So fuel is the fuel, which is a suitable option for heating at night. The consumption of fuel briquettes in this case is much less compared to firewood.
It is more difficult to harvest and store firewood if compared with the storage of eurobics. The finished compressed raw materials are folded into separate packaging, which are wrapped in cellophane. This prevents moisture from hitting. Store fuel in the back rooms, basements, sheds or in attics. Products have the shape of tubes or bricks, so it is very convenient to store them. Bars take up much less space than firewood.
Which stoves can be drowned with briquettes?
Briquettes differ in their universality. They can be used in any type of furnaces, including brick. They distinguish about four and a half kcal per kg, which is quite acceptable for heating device with refractory bricks. The main advantage of briquettes compared to ordinary logs is that they burn several times more slowly.
Such fuel is economical and cheap. Ordinary logs need to be sawed, scrape, coordinated and dried. And Evrodrov does not require a long workpiece: it is enough to purchase and store them in a dry room in a film or factory packaging.
That the fuel burns slowly is a disadvantage for some rooms. It will take several hours to warm up the house in winter. The heat from such fuel is much less. And after the combustion of briquettes of ash has a characteristic pungent smell.
What to use is more profitable
It is best to start a comparison with the price of fuel, because it worries us the most. If you take average indicators, then 1 cubic meter of fuel briquettes cost about 2 times more ordinary firewood. As we know, fuel briquettes can be created from different materials, but the price of firewood is highly dependent on the variety of wood. If you choose the most expensive fuel briquettes and the cheapest forest, the cost may vary 3 times.
Note that most often there are two types of quality products on the market. High.quality briquettes are more dense without cracks and chips, often burned outside. Less quality briquettes have less density, they are characterized by a multilayer structure, which is slightly vulnerable to damage. Such briquettes burn faster and release less energy.
Popular fuel for furnaces in houses and baths
- How much fuel briquettes burn. usually 2 hours, while simple firewood is about an hour.
- Heat transfer from fuel briquettes is noticeably higher, since the fire in the furnace is stable throughout the entire burning time. Firewood usually quickly flare up and give the maximum heat immediately, and then gradually faded.
- After using firewood, a lot of coals and ash appears in the firebox, while there is practically nothing left of the Eurodrovs.
The main task of fuel briquettes is precisely heating. They burn for a long time, secrete a lot of heat, and at the same time do not take up much space in the house, do not litter, are also environmentally friendly and safe to use how usual firewood. At the same time, they do not create a full.fledged atmosphere of comfort, do not crack and often distinguish more unpleasant aroma when burning. No wonder in their name there is a prefix “Euro”, this type of fuel was created primarily to save on heating.
It is useful to know: fuel briquettes of seeds and lusk of sunflower, general review
If you use fuel briquettes for heating a house, then such a replacement of firewood for the furnace is quite relevant, but for the kindling of a bath, such a choice will not always be justified. As for the fireplace, the task of which is not only to heat the house, but also to create the appropriate surroundings, which the substitute of firewood clearly cannot cope with.
To evaluate the effectiveness of fuel briquettes in each case, experiments should be carried out, too many factors affects their work. Only having made sure of the advantages of this alternative type of fuel independently, you can give him any assessment.
Recently, many positive reviews have appeared on the Web, indicating that heating the house with Eurodrovs is more profitable than ordinary. We associate this with the growing popularity of alternative fuel.