Exhaust fan cleaning. we extend the life of an exhaust fan
These fans are installed inside the kitchen hoods, serve to remove contaminated air. The main problem in the work of such an unit is dirt. When operating the hood inside, a lot of dirt and garbage settles inside. This leads to extraneous noise in time of the extract, as well as to the emergence of unpleasant odors. It is recommended to clean the devices for exhaust systems, as well as the entire hood, in principle, at least once a year.
The difficulty of parsing an exhaust device is that you still need to get to the fan itself. It is located in the middle of the hood, so without disassembling it, you will not break the fan.
To analyze an exhaust fan, only screwdrivers corresponding to the bolts that attach the basic elements of the hood will also be required.
So, an algorithm for disassembling the hood and fan:
- Turn off the power supply to the hood.
- . You can get to the fan only from the upper side, which is attached to the pipe. The hood must be disconnected. It can be attached to the pipe directly, or, for example, to the closet. The hood is attached is connected by bolts, which means that for disconnecting you need an appropriate screwdriver.
- Hood on the table. Remove the grille from the bottom. The fan itself will open behind it.
- Remove the protective casing of the mechanism. The working mechanism, the blades and the engine are protected by the covering casing, which is attached to the body with screws. Put the hood so that the upper side is visible. On it you need to find screws fastening the casing with the body. These screws can be poorly noticeable due to dirt, so you need to carefully examine the body. There must be at least 4 pcs.
- Turn over the detachable casing. Behind it is, in fact, the fan itself. The working blade element is attached to the casing with one bolt along the axis of verification. Sometimes it can be attached by a nut.
- After removing the working element, access to the engine opens. It is attached to the case similarly to the bathroom fan engine. two bolts on the back. There may be protective rubber caps on the bolts.
After disconnecting the engine, you can start cleaning the casing, case, working element, etc.D
Before reverse assembly, it is important to check the connecting nodes for corrosion in order to avoid their destruction under its own mass extract. If you compare the algorithm with the disassembly of the bathroom fans, then in this case you will not have to tear anything away, and, accordingly, glue
Everything is connected by bolts, which means that it can be disassembled without destruction.
Search for breakdowns
To check the air exchange that creates ventilation, it is necessary to do the following:
- Bring a simple sheet of paper to the hood and open the window or door. The worse the ventilation system works, the less the sheet will stick to the ventilation grill.
- You can light a match. With an ideal exhaust system, it can even go out, and with a clogged flame it remains motionless.
- For a more accurate check, special equipment is used. The air flow is measured by the anemometer, and the calculations are entered into the table. The values of the device and the parameters of the cross section of the holes give a clear picture about the degree of problem.
To eliminate the existing malfunction, you need to check the main points.
- First, check the light bulb, which often blocks and serves as the cause of the failure of the entire ventilation system. When the fan is turned on, you can fully make sure whether it is broken. If there is a movement of the blades, then the problem is most likely in pollution of the passages. Simple analysis of the structure and cleaning of the blades are necessary.
- Indicator screwdriver checks the voltage in the outlet. Attention should also concern the shield, which may be faulty due to violations of the integrity of the electric shield.
To repair any malfunction of the kitchen hood, you need to disassemble it and check it for the presence of holes. Realizing what the reason is easier to cope with the problem.
Failure of exhaust equipment
If the hood fan does not work at all, then the following reasons are possible:
- Poor contact in the outlet, fork, interrupted the network cord or there is no voltage;
- The fuse is burned out;
- The terminals of the connection inside the hood case weakened, or the wires were soldered;
- Malfunction in buttons or switches;
- If the hood has an electronic control integration, there may be breakdowns in the electric board, relay, sensors, etc.
- The fan electric motor is faulty.
Starting the repair of the hood, you need to look for malfunctions, excluding the possible reasons indicated above, alternately passing on points.
The initial diagnosis of the hood is made on the built.in light bulb. But, due to overstrain, all the components of the hood can fail, or at best, burn the fuse. Bill and fuse, measurement of voltage and repair of the outlet are described in detail in other articles of this resource.
Checking the components
To get to the internal terminal terminals, you need to disassemble the hood case, after turning off the network cord from the outlet. Due to the vibration of the fan, the bolted terminals of the terminals can weaken and the contact will disappear. If the check and tightening of the bolts do not give results, they move to the next point.
Check the reliability of the terminal connection terminal
You can check the buttons and speed switches with an ohmmeter (tester, a multimeter in the call mode) or a sampler (factory or homemade). Since the windings of the electric motor connected to the switches have a slight resistance, when testing the probe, they can affect the false operation of the indicator, so the terminals should be pre.disconnected.
At home, without skills and tools, the repair of the electric motor is impossible, so you will have to look for an identical or suitable replacement.
As a rule, in extracts, condenser single.phase electric motors are used, to familiarize yourself with the principle of their operation and the methods of verification, follow the above link. The hood electric motor has several bastards from windings, which switch to change the speed of rotation of the fan.
A malfunction of the start.up capacitor, relay or electronic control unit is also possible. Sometimes, if it is impossible to repair a complex electronic circuit, it can be replaced with a simpler solution based on reliable mechanical switches, as shown below:
The choice of reliable equipment
So that there is no need to repair an extract in the kitchen with your own hands, you should purchase equipment from reliable manufacturers. Cheap products from China are very often short.lived in work, create a lot of noise and at the same time ineffective with a significant consumption of electricity.
One of the leaders in the production of equipment for the kitchen is CATA. Specialists of this Spanish company produce not only kitchen hoods, but also a wide range of kitchen electrical appliances. ovens, hobs, microwave ovens that work properly all over the world.
One of the classic hoods from the model range of CATA
Buying such high.quality equipment as Cata, Elica, Electrolux, Krona, and T. D., will allow the user for a long time not to worry about the serviceability of the kitchen hood. But still, sometimes due to reverse traction the fan itself is clogged or other unforeseen circumstances occur.
Therefore, from time to time, you will have to clean the filter with your own hands, change the bulbs, do a preventive examination of the hood, as shown
Breakage not related to the main function
Almost all hoods are equipped with local lighting. Such a combination of functions allows you to closely monitor the process of cooking, and the bulbs themselves, due to their close location to the illuminated surface, do not require a lot of electricity, so that saving is carried out on the lighting of the kitchen.
Low.power ordinary or halogen bulbs, fluorescent lamps, LED lamps can be used as a light source. Details about the work and verification of these electrical lighting devices described here.
It is possible that the cause of non.working lighting may be a malfunction of the built.in switch and a burned out bulb, to replace which you need to remove the protective glass, as shown on
Possible causes of damage to the kitchen system
Any device is subject to external influence. The hood began to work worse or one of the functions does not work. Before repairing the hood with your own hands, you need to understand the reasons for the breakdown.
The simplest thing is that smells have ceased to be eliminated. It is usually enough to change or clean filters. In the worst case, one of the fan blades breaks, in this situation you need to replace the device (Read about the repair of the kitchen hood with your own hands here). Attention
The most common problem in the operation of hoods is untimely replacing or cleaning filters.
Damage to the board
The kitchen hood has an electronic unit with control board. She is most sensitive to tension surges.
For repair of the board at home, knowledge in electronics and elementary skills in working with complex devices are required. Therefore, repair of this unit is possible in a workshop or service center.
Less commonly, but even the hood engine breaks. Regardless of the location of the fan, there is one engine in the unit, in rare cases. two, but with a lower power.
HVAC JOB: HOW TO REPAIR DEFECTIVE EXHAUST FAN / PAANO MAGAYOS NG SIRANG EXHAUST FAN
In most cases, the electric motor has several windings. Its repair is not carried out, but replacement is performed with the same model. You can replace it yourself or by entrusting a specialist, most importantly. to purchase a similar model.
Problems with lighting devices
- If the light on the kitchen exhaust stops turning on, then first check the performance of the installed lamps. Incandescent lamps and halogen easily checked with a multimeter. If the device does not show resistance, then it’s time to put new lamps.
- Checking the LEDs is more difficult, the multimeter will not be enough, you will need disassembly. It’s easier to use a working device where to screw the lamp checked.
- If everything is in order with the lamp, then the switch is likely to be broken. For verification, you will need to translate the toggle switch to a state of “.”And check the tester. The working button should have a little less than 1 ohm.
About how to repair the kitchen hood engine with your own hands, read here.
How to change the hood engine
Block: 3/8 | Summer characters: 1136
How to repair a room fan yourself
In the toilet, when repairing a new apartment, workers in the hood were installed by the Italian Decor 100 fan with an adjustable delay in the shutdown, which was launched along with the light of light. He served in faith for 12 years, then he began to spare it away: it turned on every time, then did not turn off for an hour, and then completely stopped working.I decided to figure out what was the matter.
Having opened the fan cover, I found under it a red plate of transparent plastic, under which there was an electronic time relay fee with the LED backlight of the fan indicator.
It was evident that the main microcircuit on the board burned out, which would be difficult to restore. After searching for such fans in stores, I realized that I couldn’t find this cheaper than 2,500-3,000. And then I decided to simplify the structure and start the fan without a shutdown delay relay. To do this, I removed the extra phase, connected the fan directly. and it earned. True, turned off with a light bulb, but it could be experienced. But the absence of the indicator strained. The fact is that the fan works very quietly, and sometimes it was not clear: the fan works or broke again.
In the tanker, I found a cylindrical LED BL-L333UWC-it was quite suitable for replacing the standard LED. The scheme of its connection to the 220 V network is shown in the figure. I had to calculate the capacitance of the capacitor C1 and choose the resistance R2, which serves to smooth out the current shuts when turning on the device, and also limits the current through the LED. The capacity C1 was calculated by the formula:
The resistor R1 serves to discharge the capacitor, and its value can fluctuate from 0.5 to 1.0 MOM. The power of the resistor R2 should be at least 0.5 watts. The capacitor C1 should be designed for a voltage of at least 400 V. Bridge VD1-VD4-any low-power with a reverse voltage of about 600 V. He soldered a bridge from diodes 1NU007. The calculated current through the LED was supposed to be at the ratings of the details of the scheme of 18 mA. The real turned out to be a little less. 14 mA. This is for the better; The LED will last longer.
Then he set the diagram to the location of the delay relay, closed the red plate and collected the fan.
Rice 1. LED connection diagram to the 220V network.
- Plastic transparent cover closes the fee with an electronic time relay.
- The fan is connected parallel to lighting lamps.
- The simplest power circuit for a single LED power circuit from the network.
- The fan works with the indicator on.
Hello. I purchased the Electrolux EAFM fan. 120T (with a timer) when installing everything worked. after 1 min. A sharp click (a piece of transistor flew off). I carried it under the guarantee to the store, sent to the service center. Result. I quote:
The identified defect: a timer board is burned by a possible cause of the defect: not the correct connection of the device to EL. nutrition. The case is not warranty.
Refused to repair at my expense. Tell me, is it realistic to operate, at least without a timer, t.e. Connect power to two wires that come to the fan engine? It’s a pity for the 1600 spent or to understand what I do not need on the board, please show me I will delete and solder what I need)
The photo shows that two wires, red and blue, from the engine, in a simplified model are connected to the 220V network parallel to the lighting lamp. T.e. You need to lengthen the wires to the cartridge of the lighting lamp. The fan will work while the lamp is turned on.
PS: If you give a photo of the board in a large screen, so that you can read the name of the details, then maybe it will be possible to restore the timer and restore the timer.
And it very much seems that the seller “breds” you. According to the specified connection scheme, you can’t make a mistake with the connection.
Hotsummer wrote: The photo shows that two wires, red and blue, from the engine, in a simplified model are connected to the 220V network parallel to the lighting lamp. T.e. You need to lengthen the wires to the cartridge of the lighting lamp. The fan will work while the lamp is turned on.
I have a separate connection, without lamps. so you can? T.e. can be connected without problems, directly bypassing the board with transsistors, etc.D. And the engine will not burn? And how to determine which wire the engine has a phase, and which is zero?
Just in case, specify whether the same engines of different trim levels of this fan. And, if the same, connect after the switch, well, exactly, as in the return of the picture in the photo, only without a lamp. These engines do not matter where the “phase” is, where “zero”, they are “single.phase” and will spin in one direction with any connection of network wires.
Yes, you can clamp the engine wires on the L and N terminal along with the wire from the switch and zero wire.
The only rule, the switch must break the phase wire. T.e., When the circuit breaker is turned off, the screwdriver-indocractor should not glow on the terminals L and N.
Hotsummer wrote: just in case, specify whether the same engines of different trim levels of this fan. And, if the same, connect after the switch, well, exactly, as in the return of the picture in the photo, only without a lamp. These engines do not matter where the “phase” is, where “zero”, they are “single.phase” and will spin in one direction with any connection of network wires. Yes, you can clamp the engine wires on the L and N terminal along with the wire from the switch and zero wire.
What to do if the hood does not turn on
There are several possible malfunctions here:
- The device may not be connected to an electrical network. It is necessary to check the fact of the connection itself and the presence of voltage in the outlet.
- The operation of the circuit breaker is checked by the tester. If this element is not “nicknamed”, it must be replaced.
- It may turn out that power problems. They can occur due to a breakdown of a machine gun or failure of fuses.
- The power plug may also fail. By the way, a built.in fuse can be in the fork, which can burn out. in this case it will require its replacement.
- The internal wiring of the device can also provoke failures. It is necessarily checked by the tester, and the discovered bad contacts are eliminated by pulling the screws or squeezing the tips with pliers.
- But the malfunction of the electric motor requires major repairs and intervention of professionals.
The backlight does not turn on and/or do not switch the fan rotation speed
Typically, the absence of light in the hood is due to two reasons. A light bulb or a faulty switch burned out. Poor contact on the switch often leads to a lack of backlight. On hoods with a mechanical type of control, it is not rare that the button jerks due to getting into the dirt. You can eliminate the malfunction by disassembling and cleaning the switch. If the contacts are oxidized, then they are cleaned and collected in the reverse order.
The inability to switch speed is also caused by a malfunction of the buttons. The number of revolutions is switched by several buttons located in one block. Having removed the protective screen, check the integrity of contacts and tracks on the board. In the absence of visible damage, the chain is checked by the tester. If the chain is in order, the cause of the malfunction in the start.up capacitor is possible, which is burned out.
Features of the design of stream hoods
In household appliances stores today we can find a huge number of different types of kitchen hoods. Their models differ in size, design, price, performance, etc.D. But the main difference is the very principle of the operation of the hoods.
According to this parameter, all hoods are divided into:
Scheme of the device of the supply (left) and filter (right) hoods
kitchen ke chipchipe exhaust fan ko bina paise kharch kare asani se saaf karne ka sabse asan tarika
The prototal type hoods are designed for active absorption of air from the space above the kitchen stove or the working surface and its removal into the ventilation system of the building through the pipe. the air duct.
Running hoods are passive and active.
- Passive hoods of a proto.type do not contain electric motors in their design. The capture and removal of air from the kitchen occurs exclusively due to the thrust in the system of ventilation ducts. Such hoods have a fairly long history, but today in kitchens in private houses and apartments are practically not used.
- Active hoods work due to the electric motor installed inside. During operation, the electric motor creates a fairly powerful ascending air flow, so that is the soot, soot, drops of fat.wearing in the air, and t from the kitchen.D.
Regardless of the type of running hood, it is installed in the kitchen directly above the stove. Metal ducts are used to connect the hood with the ventilation moves of the building. Most often, a corrugated pipe or a tin sealant box is used as a duct.
note! So that during air passes through the duct, extraneous noises do not occur, the pipe is wrapped with soundproofing material (for example, vatin). Also quite often the ducts are hidden behind suspended ceilings.
The duct is fixed on the neck of the hood using special metal clamps. For a more effective docking of the duct and the ventilation canal, you can use a special grille. adapter (in the photo).
What the work of running hoods depends on what depends
The effectiveness of the work of such an extract depends not only on its dimensions and power, but also on the state in which the ventilation system of the building is located:
- If the ventilation ducts are clogged with garbage or old plaster. the performance of the exhaust.type hood is significantly reduced. To prevent this, it is necessary to either clean the stuffers yourself, or (if you live in the apartment), contact housing and maintenance organizations demanding to put ventilation in order.
- In addition to ventilation, an air flow is also important for the correct operation of the hood. In order to ensure an air flow in the kitchen, either a ventilation valve is installed (may be a wall or window), or they make decorative penetration in the lower part of the kitchen door.
The main advantage of the prototal traffic hoods is that they not only purify the air in the kitchen, but also replace it with fresh. with a large oxygen and less. carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide.