DECTION OF Ventilation on the roof of a private house
When arranging a roofing house of home ownership with a residential attic, experts observe the principle of complete tightness, having materials in layers, with an overlap on each other. Thanks to the device of such a system, reliable protection against moisture is created and heat remains indoors.
At the same time, the “pie” is an obstacle to extract through the roof. Therefore, they make a compulsory ventilation system in a residential building, which is mounted in accordance with the requirements prescribed in SNiP.
How to Install a Range Hood Over an Island
- The warm air saturated with water vapors displays into the atmosphere, which is assembled in rooms located on the lower floors. If there is no effective hood, the steam begins to settle on elements of the rafter system in the form of condensate.
- Does not give excessive dampness and unpleasant odor to appear inside the attic room. The roof ventilation system creates an air flow from the surrounding atmosphere, which contributes to the creation of a favorable microclimate in the house.
- In hot weather, reduces the temperature of the heating of the roofing surface. Properly equipped ventilation can minimize it.
- Provides protection of the surface of the roof from layering of ice. Due to the presence of the difference between the temperature on the street and inside the warm house, the snow mass begins to thaw. As a result, ice is constantly formed, which is not easy to cope with.
- The initial qualities of thermal insulation material are preserved. Increasing moisture in the insulation by 5-10% due to condensate formation leads to an increase in its thermal conductivity by 35-50%. Even in case of complete drying, this indicator does not return to its original value.
- In accordance with the provisions of SNiP, the attic can be called suitable for living if it is equipped with a compulsory ventilation system. In this case, the total area of ventilation outlets should be at least 1/300 of the roofing surface.
HOW TO INSTALL PIPE BOOT VENT ON A SHINGLE ROOF
What should be taken into account
Roof ventilation creates maximum thrust
In one- or two-story buildings of a suburban type, ventilation pipes on the roof, coming from residential premises, kitchens and bathrooms, must be removed in a special prepared place for this. When arranging them, the vertical structure rises directly above the roof and allows you to get maximum craving. According to SNiP, when designing such a conclusion, it will be necessary to take into account the following points:
- All vertical sections of the future engineering structure are made even (without bends), which guarantees free air output to the outside.
- It is not allowed to combine several air flows together; channels coming from living rooms, kitchens, attic and sewers are made separate.
- Ventilation outputs are installed as close to the skate or right on it.
- If it is impossible to install a direct span over the mine, a corrugated pipe is used, which allows you to connect adjacent nodes laid under different angles.
- Be sure to arrange a fan section. the channel connects a sewer riser with ventilation and allows you to display unpleasant odors.
- Air exchange is required, organized in the attic or in the attic building.
Choosing the type of pipes
Stainless steel and plastic ventilation pipes
According to typical projects, the following types of tube blanks are used to decorate ventricals on the roof:
Ventilation in a private house with access to the roof is sometimes decorated in the form of a superstructure made of brick or concrete. In any case, the head of the ventilation duct is equipped with a special device that protects it from rain and snow. a deflector. Through such an umbrella, it is possible to strengthen the craving in a strong wind.
Choosing a pipe output place
The roofing pie will be airtight and reliable if you choose the right place of the output of ventilation ducts and chimney through the roof. The finish of the joint will depend on the location of the passage. For a roof from a profiled sheet, pipe output is made in the following places:
- At a certain distance from the roofing skate (50-70 cm). A similar arrangement of the pipe output prevents the roof leaks and reduces the likelihood of snow s. Also, with this arrangement of the output of the pipe, there is no need to violate the rafter system. To protect the junction between the roofing and the pipe, elastic passages are used, as well as the additional elements necessary for assembling the apron.
- On the horse’s horse. This place of the output of the pipe is considered the most suitable. Such arrangement excludes the likelihood of snow s, condensate and leaks. But there is one significant minus. violation of the integrity of the skating beam. In this case, when waterproofing the chimney on the roof, the joint between the roofing material and the pipe is poured with silicone sealant, and then it is sheathed with a decorative apron.
The consequences of poorly performed pipe waterproofing
If the passage of the pipe or ventilation canal on the roof is carried out poorly, then the following problems may appear in the future:
- Leaks. With poor.quality waterproofing, the chimney on the roof there are leaks.
- The rafter system begins to rot. The flowing water enters the wooden elements of the roof frame. These elements are damp and then rot.
- Corrosion of roofing material. The inner part of the profiled sheets, unlike the external, is not covered with a protective polymer film. Therefore, moisture falling under profiled sheets causes their corrosion.
- Damping a layer of insulation. When moisture enters the insulation, its thermal insulation properties are reduced by half.
The roofing will serve for a long time if you qualitatively finish the joint between the ventilation or chip pipe and the corrugated board. For these purposes, an apron made of galvanized steel, silicone sealant, rubber or silicone elastic rifles and self.adhesive waterproofing tapes are used.
In what cases is the installation of ventilation necessary?
According to the norms, the fan pipe for sewage is mandatory in the following cases:
- The building has more than two residential floors, each of which is equipped with a sewage system and water supply system.
- The one.story building is equipped with a pool or has other devices that can produce one.time drains of a significant volume.
- Sewer risers in the building have a diameter of 50 mm.
Low.rise buildings are usually built without ventilation installation. However, it must be borne in mind that this is advisable only with small one.time drains. Determining their level is quite easy. Installation of the device will be considered necessary if the wastewater flow can completely block the vertical riser.
In multi.storey buildings, where water supply and sewage is brought into each apartment, the installation of a fan pipe is needed. The riser is displayed on the roof
It becomes clear that the simultaneous functioning of one bath and one toilet will not create problems. Even if a dishwasher or washing machine and shell are connected to the sewer, they will not be able to seriously increase the volume of one.time runoff. Therefore, ventilation in this case is mounted at will. But if several bathrooms and toilet rooms are planned in the house, it becomes impossible to do without equipment.
What material should the pipes be from
If you have come to the right solution. to make ventilation in the house, the following question arises: what material should be pipes for ventilation in a private house? Today, there are only two types of channels are round and flat. It is recommended to choose a flat option because such pipes during installation are much easier to behave, do not join and do not sag. To form a channel for the air, ventilation pipes made of plastic or metal are used
Metal duct. It can be made of stainless steel, galvanized or black steel. Pros of this material: durability, aesthetics, ease of installation. But, unfortunately, this material has more minuses than pluses. The metal duct is very heavy, so it is not suitable for small houses, the price of the material is very high, steel is subject to corrosion, the service life is small, no insulation saves from the noise of the fans and vibration. They are more suitable for industrial facilities.
The duct of plastic pipes is most preferable. The service life is quite long, the material is not amenable to corrosion, the weight is very light, which creates simplicity during installation. The plastic is easily cut, and the assembly technology is quite simple and even a person who first took up the installation of a ventilation system can cope with it. They are from 3 to 12 m with a cross section of 16 to 1600 mm. You can always find details for compounds: turns and adapters. At the same time they have the lowest cost.
Corporal aluminum pipes have many drawbacks: vibration with a strong air flow; No connecting elements. It is used only for smooth bends in small areas of ventilation, when a lot of knees are required when laying a solid duct.
Today there is a large assortment of auxiliary details: connectors; lattices; All kinds of valves and nets that are used to create a duct system.
The main points when performing the output of the ventrust on the roof
In the process of production of installation work when performing the passage through the roof, it is necessary to ensure sealing the joint (“more:“ How to make the passage of the pipe through the roof of metal tiles. the options proven in practice ”). In case of violation of sealing, water will fall under the roof cover, as well as drain the pipe into the room. With an independent installation of a ventilation pipe on the roof, a sealant can be bought at any building materials store.
The top of the pipe is protected by a special cap, the purpose of which is to cover the system from sedimentation in the form of rain and snow. The modern method of solving this problem is the installation of a deflector at the end of the pipe.
The connection of the duct with the ventilation pipe on the roof is produced using the docking flanges. For better sealing, the conclusion is equipped with a support ring. A special valve is installed in the pipe to adjust the air in the pipe.
Installation of a ventilation pipe on the roof is carried out using auxiliary elements, their choice is simply huge. If you are difficult to choose this or that element, you can get advice from specialists who will give advice, what needs to be purchased to simplify the work.
The choice of a place for the passage node through the roof
All recommendations for choosing a place of passage through the roof come down to ensure that its location allows the channel with the least number of turns. In this case, the operational performance of the system will strive for the maximum.
Sometimes, for objective reasons, you can’t do without bends. Corrugated pipes will come to the rescue. The use of a corrugated tube makes it possible to install air ducts with the necessary turns.
As noted above, the passage through the roof with the rafter system is performed as close as possible to the skate. Then, the largest part of the pipe will remain in the attic space, under protection against temperature drops and ultraviolet radiation. The whole pipe will not be terrible a sharp wind, since only a smaller part of it will go outside.
Wind backward indicators are necessarily taken into account with any location of the exhaust pipe through the roof. Strong wind can cause a poor air outflow or direct it into the system.
Consequences from poor.quality installation
Do not ignore the rules that are presented to roof ventilation. With neglect of the rules of arrangement, one can encounter undesirable processes that can destroy the entire building.
Warm air comes from the living rooms under the roof. On the street, cold air masses affect the roof. Due to the difference in the temperature under the roof, condensate begins to accumulate, which is removed only by ventilation. If the ventilation exit is not provided, condensation will accumulate in the attic, destroying the roof.
Concrete roofs are not so susceptible to condensate, however, a harmful fungus may appear on their surface, which negatively affects the human body.
Illiterate output to the roof of air can negatively affect the soft roof. In most cases, soft roofing materials are located on the basis of concrete or continuous crate. The presence of excess moisture, which penetrates from the inside, will lead to the fact that the material will begin to be relaxed. In the future, the roof will proceed.
Iron roofs may corrode, which will lead to a weakening of the protective characteristics of the roof. Squeezing hard material from the roof can injure people who are below.
Before arranging ventilation on the roof, you should study common errors that beginners often make.
List of common errors when arranging roof ventilation:
- neglect of the rules of SNiP;
- selection of unsuitable ventilation systems;
- asymmetric location of the ventilation ducts;
- incorrect calculation of ventilation throughput;
- neglect of calculations of thermal balance;
- Errors in the installation.
The oversights in the use of material for hydro- and vapor barrier are also common. Errors in the use of waterproofing or vapor barrier are due to the fact that users confuse the purpose of materials.
If you confuse the purpose of the products, you can encounter some problems:
- Use instead of waterproofing vapor barrier film. Vapor barrier can completely eliminate moisture penetration. If it is installed on top of the insulation material, the moisture falling will remain in the insulation. After some time, the insulation material will stop performing the tasks, and the owners of the house will face large heat losses.
- Use instead of vapor barrier of the waterproofing film. The waterproofing material is distinguished by special properties: one side of the product is ventilated, the other is waterproof. Laying should be carried out under the roof so that the breathing side adjacent to the insulation material. Between the layers there should be a fuss, playing the role of the air duct. With the help of this method, moisture is driving, and if you confuse the materials, moisture will settle on a film.
If you lay waterproofing, on the contrary, the liquid will fall into the insulation, remaining in it. Ultimately, the roofing pattern becomes useless.
Some users make errors in the number of ventilation layers that are required to arrange a certain roofing material. For example, the back of the metal tile does not tolerate contact with condensate. For this reason, a gap of ventilation should be present between the roofing material and the waterproofing layer.
To equip a ventilation gap, it is necessary to create a crate of not a continuous type, but a bar. It should remain intervals for air circulation. If the liquid penetrates under the roof outside, due to a similar layer, it will be eliminated through the horse.
The grate, together with the counterparty, will form an air gap, which is enough to output condensate to the outbreak. Special anti.condensate films are used as waterproofing, which do not allow you to release pairs from the insulation layer under the roof.
To ensure moisture from thermal insulation, it will be necessary to create a second ventilation layer with the provision of an air cushion, which will be located between a layer of insulation and an anti.condensate film. It is not allowed to lay diffuse and superdiffuase membranes, as they are designed to pass vapor under the roof. For metal tiles, such actions are fraught with corrosion.
Installation schemes and methods for attaching ventilation outputs on the roof
When erecting private buildings with a small number of storeys, it is important to prepare a project in advance all engineering systems and nodes that ensure the functionality and durability of the object. It is necessary to think about where there will be a ventilation exit to the roof, t. to. Without this component, the building will not comply with regulated sanitary and hygienic requirements.
If you plan to build a private house or turnkey cottage “from scratch”, you need to determine the optimal place where you can install a ventilation output. This type of natural ventilation does not require the acquisition of expensive devices and systems, while the room will always be a comfortable microclimate enriched with fresh air.
In addition, you can equip the structure with a small fan operating on the principle of forced hood. But if you correctly install the fungus on the roof structure, then you simply do not have to buy additional devices.
The effectiveness of natural ventilation directly depends on the location of the pipe. Respectively, the higher the knot is installed, the stronger the thrust in it.
Very often, designers do not qualitatively compose a project for installing risers and select the height of the ventilation shaft above the roof structure. In this regard, various problems may arise in the future. Among them:
- one. The penetration of unpleasant odors from the bathroom and the kitchen into the bedroom, the living room and other living rooms in the room. This phenomenon is explained by an incorrect unification of ventilation ducts in one common box.
- 2. Low efficiency of exhaust equipment. The problem is associated with insufficient ventilation pipe length.
- 3. The appearance of the reverse effect in the work of the hood due to improper selection of the place for the installation of the mine.
- four. Possible freezing of ducts and ventilation pipes in the cold season.
With improper installation of a ventilation pipe on the roof structure, rafters and crate can be deformed. over, in the places of installation of the shaft cover, gaps will appear, which will increase the risk of rainwater penetration into the room. Therefore, in order to avoid such consequences and save the roof in normal condition, it is necessary to responsibly approach the issues of arranging ventilation output to the roof.
Start the installation of the fungus for ventilation on the roof from the preliminary compilation of the project. It is important to carefully consider the scheme of ventilation of the entire extension, and only after that start installing the nodes.
If there is a need to replace the roof in the framework of the reconstruction, and through the roof structure it is necessary to remove hoods from all parts of the house, then many may have the question: is it possible to combine all the channels into one and not divide them into four separate passes?
But experienced experts argue that such an approach will not give anything good, therefore it is much more reasonable to equip a separate ventilation pass for each of the air excrees. In this case, the problem with an unpleasant odor in living rooms when changing weather conditions will simply disappear.
When setting up the yield of ventilation on the roof, you should know about the main subtleties of upcoming work, understand the types of structures and their purpose. Road passages can be used in different types of ventilation systems:
over, sometimes these passages are necessary for laying smoke mines and television antennas. At the end of the air vent system is a special ventilation output, which is equipped taking into account all the requirements for the system.
The task of such a design is to ensure an effective exhaust of air from the room and prevent any leaks. In those points where it is necessary to make the ventilation pass through the roof, there are special passing elements that correspond to a specific roof material.
Currently, there is the opportunity to buy ready.made sets of ventilation outputs for their further installation on roofing structures made of solid and soft materials. Such products allow you to quickly and efficiently build a ventilation riser in order to protect the roof from possible flow, as well as maintain its aesthetic attractiveness. over, such devices are a natural protection of ventilation ducts from the penetration of various dirt and precipitation.
The height and shape of the passages through the roof is determined by the individual characteristics of the roof structure. In addition to pipes with a round section, rectangular designs are used in operation.
So that the ventilation pipe does not lead to a violation of the tightness of the roof, it is necessary to observe a certain sequence of actions and take into account the established requirements.
If we consider the simplest ventilation exits to the roof, then they are a small metal pipe, which is located in the pre.made hole and is fixed by means of fasteners. The roofing passage itself can be equipped with a fixing valve and a ring that collects condensate.
The device of ventilation pipes
The usual version of the passing ventilation is a metal segment of the pipe inserted into the roof hole and fixed on it in a metal glass. A special valve for condensate can be installed in the pipe, and an auxiliary deflector is placed in its upper part. The pipe ends with a protective element (peculiar umbrella), preventing the hit of rain and snow inside the system.
However, in construction stores you can find a more modern version of the passing ventilation pipe. The principle of its work is the same, but there are differences that make you make their choice in favor of such pipes:
- The inside of the pipe is made of steel covered with zinc, and the outer of high.quality polypropylene;
- The height of the pipe can vary from 50 to 100 cm;
- In the lower part there is a sealing ring, which allows to exclude a loose connection;
- The cross section of the pipes varies from 100 to 300 mm;
- The pipe is initially insulated, which avoids its freezing;
- It is possible to equip the pipe with an additional electric fan;
- The upper part is equipped with a deflector that allows you to strengthen the thrust, and are also protected by the precipitation dome.
Options for passing ventilation elements
Typically, pipes are equipped with passing elements, thanks to which they are tightly attached to the surface of the roof, but there are exceptions.
If your pipe was purchased without this element, it can always be purchased in any construction store. Fortunately, there are a huge amount for any type of roof and various colors.
To prevent the formation of condensate, which contributes to the development and spread of the fungus and mold, the roofing system should be well ventilated. For these purposes, special elements are additionally installed on the roof, which are called. aerators.
- The air will enter special technical holes installed in the cornice of the roof.
- Then, naturally passing through the entire roof from the bottom up, he will go through aerators located closer to the skate.
It is such a simple system of natural ventilation that will be a guarantee of the lack of condensate formation under the roof.
A roofing pie
Before covering the roof, it is necessary to correctly equip the design under the coating. Together, all the layers that are laid under the coating are called a roofing pie.
The roofing pie includes the following layers:
- The rafter system is a frame that carries out the strength of the roof and serves as the basis for laying layers of the pie;
- vapor barrier. serves to prevent wet vapors into the insulation;
- insulation. reduces the heat loss of the room, serves as sound insulation;
- ventilation gap. is necessary to prevent the accumulation of moisture vapor;
- waterproofing layer. serves to prevent moisture from entering the room;
- The counterparty and crate. serves as the basis for laying the roofing;
If there are violations in the arrangement of at least one layer of the pie, then this can lead to the incorrect functioning of other layers, and, as a result, to the roof that does not perform its functions.
Why is the ventilation of the roof of metal tiles
Roof ventilation is a very important element of the roof pie. Ventilation of the roof of metal tiles ensures the correct functioning of all layers of roof structure. The microclimate of the room depends on ventilation. If there are gaps for ventilation in the roof, then warm air, rising up, will pass through them, and not form drops of moisture in places of accumulation.
Properly installed ventilation performs functions:
- prevents icing of the roof in space under the external protective coating;
- In the summer, it protects the roof from overheating;
- eliminates the formation of moisture under the roofing;
- promotes air circulation;
- protects the construction facility from the formation of mold, fungi;
- ensures the preservation of the roof in a dry state;
- Saves wooden structures (rafters, crate) from waterlogging (as a result. rotting and destruction) and from the formation of mold on them.
Without ventilation, increased humidity is provided in the house, which will lead to damp and wear of all components of the roof and walls.
What is taken into account when installing ventilation outputs
To establish ventilation outputs, certain factors should be taken into account, including the shape of the roof. It is flat and naive. If the roof is pitched, the ventilation exit should be mounted closer to the skate.
Thanks to this, warming up the internal part of the pipe will be uniform, and the outer part will receive protection against precipitation and strong gusts of wind. If the roof is flat, first you need to derive the geometry of the riser of the ventilation output. It should be under the pipe of the hood on the roof. This will allow air to freely go out.
Pay attention to the height of the ventilation shaft above the roof. If the pipe is not located high enough, the traction force will decrease.
This will negatively affect ventilation efficiency. High pipes also reduce traction, because the design can be deformed due to wind. An additional attachment system should be considered.
Features of the correct installation of ventilation output
To set the ventilation output, you need to cut the holes in the roof. All work should be carried out in accordance with a pre.thought.out scheme of outputs. If the roof is made of corrugated board, and you plan to install outputs near the skate, adhere to such stages:
- In the place where the pipe will be displayed, make markings. It must correspond to the cross section of the output.
- Make a hole in the roof. First perform work on the external coating, and then proceed to the insulation and insulation layer.
- Attach the gasket of the seal using liquid sealant.
- Set the passage element on top. He must be attached to the roof with self.tapping screws.
- Install the duct pipe and fix it with screws.
It is useful to know how to make ventilation in a private house with your own hands with your own hands. This work is quite difficult. If you do not have design skills and performing such work, consult with specialists. However, thanks to compliance with recommendations, you can independently make supply ventilation in a private house.