If you have recently purchased a stove and have not yet had time to get an arsenal of chemicals for taking care of it. do not hurry to the store: the house will certainly be found dishwashing gels, liquid glass cleaner, lemon, vinegar, vegetable oil, baking soda.
Kitchen liquid soap
- Apply a small amount of detergent to the previously dampened sponge;
- Foaming the product and using it on the cold cooking surface;
- after a few minutes, gently wipe the hob with a clean cloth to remove grease and any residual products;
- soak the cloth in running water, squeeze and rinse the cooking surface, then wipe it again with a dry cloth or a microfibre cloth.
Glass cleaner will perfectly polish ceramics, but it will not remove heavy dirt:
- Spray the product on the cold, dry cooking surface and leave it for 5-10 minutes;
- Wipe the surface with a soft cloth, rinse with clean water and dry off with a towel.
Important! Do not try to polish the stove with crumpled sheets of paper or newspapers, that is the method that is commonly used to bring a glossy shine on window panes: micro-scratches may remain on the glass ceramic, which will gradually deteriorate the coating.
Despite the paradoxical nature of this method of eliminating grease with grease. the method using vegetable (olive) oil allows you to effectively clean the stove from stale plaque:
- Apply a tablespoon of oil to a sponge or cloth and treat the cooled surface of the stove with it;
- After half an hour, wash off the vegetable preparation with a soft sponge and neutral detergent, treat the glass ceramic with clean water and dry.
Reference! A few drops of olive oil, distributed with a microfiber cloth on the cooking surface after each use, perfectly polishes and creates a protective layer on the stove, preventing the formation of heavy encrustation.
This product contains abrasive particles, but if used correctly in stove maintenance, it can quickly remove grease and soot stains from contaminated surfaces without harming the coating:
- Pour the powder into a saucer or plate, pour in the same amount of water so that the result is a thick porridge;
- Take the mass on a sponge and apply it to the problem areas, leave it for 10 minutes;
- After the specified time, remove the mixture with a soft foam rubber sponge, together with the dirt, while trying not to apply force, so as not to scratch the ceramics;
- wipe the treated areas with clean water, dry the surface.
The baking soda is excellent for removing dirt from the inside and outside of the microwave oven. cleaning tips in this article.
Important! Never remove the baking soda from the ceramics if the powder has dried on the covering: first, moisten it with water again and only then wipe the mixture with a sponge.
Baking soda with lemon juice
A safe and effective procedure for taking care of the “delicate” material on the cooking surface is to clean the coating with the foam generated by the reaction of baking soda and acid:
- pour a little water into the baking soda, stir slightly to make a pulp;
- Apply the mixture to the soiled areas and allow it to work in for 20-30 minutes;
- squeeze some lemon juice or make an aqueous solution of citric acid, spray the acidic liquid over the baking soda;
- the foam that forms, gently remove from the surface with a soft sponge;
- Wipe surface with clean water, dry.
Baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
- Make a light mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide (3%);
- Apply the mass to grease or soot stains on the stove, leave the preparation to work on the surface for 5 minutes;
- after the time has passed, gently, without pressure, remove the mixture with a sponge, wipe the ceramics with water, then with a dry cloth or a microfiber cloth.
Vinegar for old stains
This method is an excellent way to remove stale plaque:
- Pour half a cup of 9% table vinegar and half a cup of water into a spray bottle, shake the container several times, mixing the components;
- Spray the solution on the cooking surface, concentrating on particularly dirty areas;
- After 5 to 7 minutes, remove the stains with a sponge, wipe the stove with a cloth dampened with water, and dry it.
Vinegar is great for cleaning your refrigerator surfaces. Read here how to do it.
How to care for your glass ceramic hob on a daily basis
This method is the only one officially approved by all glass ceramic cooktop manufacturers for daily cleaning.
- When the stove has cooled down (!), scrub the dirty areas with a soapy solution (e.g. dishwashing liquid) and rub them with a sponge that is not too hard. You can also wash the hob with a damp sponge and some laundry soap.
- Remove stubborn dirt with a special paste or vitrified clay cream.
- Wipe the hob clean and dry, removing any residues of the product itself.
- Soap solution or foam cap can be left on the stove for 20-40 minutes. The main thing is to make sure that the liquid does not leak outside the stove.
- The main tool for cleaning the glass ceramic hob is the glass scraper. How to use it? Place the scraper at an acute angle to the hob surface and simply move it back and forth.
Of course, the easiest thing to do is to make sure that nothing spills out on the hob when cooking, but this is not always possible. That’s why below we’ll look at a list of ways in which you can clean appliances. Of these you can choose the most appropriate one.
- Olive oil. A simple and effective product that can be used to clean your stove. you can find it in any store. Oil gently and gently removes even the most stubborn dirt:
- Moisten a soft sponge or cloth with the oil;
- Place the cloth (or sponge) on the soiling and let it rest for about half an hour;
- After that time, gently remove the dirt with a sponge;
- After scrubbing off the dried-on dirt, wash the hob with soap and water or glass and mirror cleaner.
A cloth lightly moistened with oil can also be used to wipe the surface to create a protective layer. This layer will help get rid of the dirt more easily afterward.
- These products can easily be found in almost any kitchen, and the method itself is not complicated:
- Make a mixture of baking soda and warm water, stir until sour creamy;
- Apply this substance to the stains and leave for 15 minutes at most, as the baking soda must not dry out;
- For heavy dirt you can add lemon juice, which quickly and effectively dissolves any dried stains on the glass ceramic. apply the juice directly to the baking soda;
- Use any soft cloth or sponge and begin cleaning. Wash off the dirt, using plenty of water so as not to leave streaks from the baking soda;
- if the dirt is not removed the first time, repeat the procedure. You can leave the baking soda on for a little longer: 20-30 minutes.
Soda is best for getting rid of tough and stubborn stains, but is not aggressive toward sensitive glass ceramic surfaces. What’s more, it has a deodorizing effect and removes food odors from the panel.
- Table vinegar. It can be useful not only in preparing marinades, but also in cleaning your cooktop of stubborn dirt. What to do:
- For starters, find some kind of container with a spray gun to spray the liquid on the dirt;
- Mix vinegar and water in a 50/50 ratio in a container, shake;
- Spray the solution on the surface and leave it on for a small amount of time, about 10-15 minutes;
- Wipe the stove well with a dry cloth or sponge.
- Ammonia is ideal as an alternative to store-bought solutions for cleaning windows and mirrors. It effectively fights any burnt stains, adds shine to glass-ceramic surfaces. The only drawback is the unpleasant smell during cleaning, so we advise you to ventilate the room during the cleaning process.
- Mix water and ammonia in the proportion of 250 ml to 50 ml in a spray can;
- Shake the container;
- Spray the solution on the stove hob and leave it on for about 10-15 minutes;
- After this time, wipe off any remaining dirt and residue with a dry cloth or sponge.
Cleaning agents for vitrified clay
Household chemistry stores sell products specifically designed for cleaning glass ceramic hobs. They differ in that they do not have abrasive particles that can damage the plate coating, and have a composition that is gentle but effective against even the most stubborn stains.
Also, these products usually contain silicone, which when exposed to the surface coats it with a protective layer that facilitates operation. the coating becomes more “malleable” when cleaned, it is not as strong sticking dirt.
After cleaning as directed, rinse it off thoroughly with plenty of water. Why? Leftover chemicals can begin to corrode the sensitive hob surface when exposed to high temperatures.
Cleaning tools for glass and mirrors
Also for cleaning the hob, products for cleaning glass and mirrors are suitable. They should be sprayed on the cooled surface, leave for some time and then scrub with a dry rag or sponge.
How and How to Clean a Glass Ceramic Cooker at Home
A shiny surface needs careful care
After installing an electric glass ceramic cooktop in your kitchen, you don’t want to trade it in for a gas cooktop. It is easy to use and stylish in everyday life, but it appreciates attention and delicate handling.
Owners of such an appliance will be useful to know how to properly clean a glass ceramic hob.
How to clean a glass ceramic hob from old carbon deposits
General cleaning in the apartment affects the territory of all rooms. The most attention during these activities should be paid to the kitchen, as it is one of the main sources of contamination. Clean and tidy your kitchen in stages, ending with washing and cleaning your appliances.
Today we will try to tell you how to clean the glass ceramic hob from various types of dirt at home without causing it any harm, because as we know, its surface is very, very sensitive.
How and with what to clean at home?
If you are the lucky owner of a glass ceramic hob, and do not yet know how to take care of it, this article is for you, because now you will learn about effective methods of cleaning such a delicate surface.
How to Clean Glass / Ceramic Stove top with Natural Ingredients | Clean Burnt stove top |No Chemical
A ceramic glass cooktop needs to be cleaned regularly because normal water can leave nasty stains and streaks on the cooktop. Try to match the diameter of the pans with the diameter of the burners. When you fry, grease stains immediately settle on the cooking surface, so you have to clean it all the time.
Old cooktops with enamel coating have been tested for years. We are all used to cleaning them with metal sponges and harsh abrasives, but glass ceramics can not be treated this way, it requires gentle care. These stoves are very sensitive to any cleaners with abrasive particles, so now I advise you to forget about your experience of cleaning stoves.
Before you start cleaning your glass ceramic hob, get everything you’ll need to do so:
- special scrapers complete with removable metal blades (only such metal devices are suitable for delicate ceramic surfaces);
- cleaners with a paste-like texture (special products for ceramics must not contain abrasive particles).
Don’t think that you can remove burnt and stubborn stains from your glass ceramic hob with an ordinary razor. No doubt, its blades are very sharp and thin, but in the process of cleaning they can scratch the glass of the cooktop.
Even the smallest defects and scratches noticeably reduce the quality of glass ceramic hobs, and in the future it will be much harder to care for such a surface.
You may have thought that plastic scrapers would be good for cleaning your cooktop. However, do not rush to buy them. They are not recommended for removing stains from hotplates, because the plastic can melt and they are not able to clean a cooled down surface, even with aggressive detergents.
So, dear housewives, take a notebook, a pen and write down. The most effective and efficient devices for cleaning glass ceramic stoves only we have:
Freshly burned stains from milk, sugar, and burned cloth should be removed immediately. Use scrapers with metal blades. Carefully clean the dried stain from the surface of the stove with a blade, then wipe the hob with a special sponge using a cleaner and wipe dry.
Do not use the same sponges and cloths you use for cleaning dishes and windows. Sponges can leave behind grease and food which can leave behind ugly streaks on the ceramic surface, which are more noticeable in direct sunlight. If you sponge the hob, there could be detergent residues on the surface, which burn up when heated and cause the glass surface to become cloudy over time. Use a separate cloth and sponge for cleaning the vitrified clay hob.
Special glass ceramic cleaners.
Lime scale, water stains, grease splashes can be removed from the surface of the stove with detergents formulated specifically for glass ceramics. A similar product can be used on steel surfaces.
Any detergent must only be applied to the cold cooking surface.
After cleaning, any residue from the cleaning agent must be rinsed off completely with water. Otherwise, residual aggressive chemicals can attack the glass ceramic surface at high temperatures. In addition, special products for this type of hob contain substances that cover the glass with a thin layer of silicone, which greatly facilitates further cleaning of the surface. In addition, spilt liquids or food particles do not “stick” so firmly to the heated surface.
Special ceramic cleaners can be replaced by a normal soap solution. It can be applied with a soft cloth.
Experts believe that glass ceramic surfaces can be cleaned with glass and mirror cleaners. Only spray them on the cooled down surface, and remove them with a soft kitchen towel.
How to Clean Burnt Stove Top. Glass or Ceramic. THIS REALLY WORKS!
Crumpled newsprint should not be used to polish your hob: delicate ceramics can be easily scratched.
Oven cleaners and various stain removers are not suitable for glass ceramic cooking.
A simple way to clean your stove
Grease is easier to remove if you don’t wait for it to turn into encrustation. If you get stains on your stove while cooking, make it a rule to clean it immediately.
- Turn the hob off and wait for it to cool.
- Use a soft cloth or sponge to soak up fresh dirt.
- Apply a liquid detergent to the remaining spots and wipe them off with a sponge.
- If there is still grease on the hob, use a special scraper.
- Remove the remains with a damp sponge and wipe the glass ceramic surface dry with a clean cloth.
How to clear stove soot from a glass ceramic cooktop
Stove soiling is something almost no hostess can avoid. It is formed as in a couple of seconds (who has not “ran away” milk at least once??!If you can’t remove soot for the first time, leave the cleanser on the surface for 30-50 minutes, and then get to work.
How you can clean glass ceramic hob from soot quickly and effectively? You need to put on a rag or sponge with a special detergent (you can replace it with a dishwashing gel) and wipe the cooktop. Then rinse the surface well with water and wipe it dry. If you can’t remove carbon deposits on the first try, leave the cleaner on the surface for 30-50 minutes and only then get to work. If necessary, the hob can be cleaned with a scraper.
In our article we will tell you how to clean the cooktop, what cleaning agents are best and how to clean the surface of an electric stove from melted plastic with a metal scraper.
General recommendations for cleaning ceramic hobs.
Before you start cleaning the glass ceramic hob or cooktop, pay attention to a few important points:
- Only start cleaning the hob after it has cooled down completely.
- Use only soft sponges and wipes to clean glass ceramic. Hard sponges can damage the surface. We recommend to use. Topperr glass ceramic cloth 3429.
- Use only liquid glass ceramic cleaners. Powder products can damage the surface. If you are using baking soda, please read our instructions carefully.
Okay, now we are ready to clean. We’ve tried out the most popular methods from the internet and have chosen for you the ones that really work.
1.How to clean your glass ceramic cooktop at home with baking soda?
If you have a pack of baking soda at home, you can use it to clean your vitrified clay cooktop. Soda diluted with water will remove grease stains and food remains. To learn how to properly clean a glass ceramic surface with baking soda read our instructions.
How to clean your vitrified clay cooktop with baking soda?
- Mix baking soda with water to form a viscous mixture (gruel).
- Apply the mixture to the hob surface and wait 15 minutes.
- Remove the mixture with a microfibre cloth or sponge until completely clean.
The method is not too difficult, but does not always guarantee complete cleaning. Often after cleaning vitrified clay with baking soda, it is necessary to use other methods to complete the cleaning. A vitrified clay scraper may also be required in the process to remove particularly difficult contaminants.
2.How to clean a glass ceramic cooktop with vinegar?
Vinegar can also clean vitrified clay cookware, just like baking soda. But unlike baking soda, it has disinfecting properties. It only takes 15-20 minutes to remove grease stains and white marks from the glass ceramic hob.
How to clean a glass ceramic cooktop with vinegar?
- Pour the vinegar into a bowl and dilute it in equal proportions with water.
- Apply the solution with a sponge or cloth to the soiled surface and wipe until completely clean.
The method is faster than cleaning a glass ceramic surface with baking soda, as you can dilute the vinegar with water in a matter of minutes. But it also doesn’t take care of stubborn dirt. Also this method will be difficult to clean vitrified clay from burnt sugar. You may need to use a metal scraper or repeat the process until you are completely clean.
3.How to clean an electric glass ceramic hob with a wet wipe?
The fastest way to clean a glass ceramic hob is to use a special glass ceramic wet wipe (e.g., Topperr 3621 Wet Wipes for Glass Ceramic Panels). They are as effective as most folk methods and are incredibly easy to use. Especially when you don’t have much time to spare.
How to clean your glass ceramic hob with a damp cloth?
Yes, that’s how easy and fast you can clean your glass ceramic hob. The most convenient way to use these wipes is immediately after cooking on the stove. But remember, you must first allow the ceramic glass surface to cool.
To buy Topperr 3621 Wet wipes for glass ceramic hobs click on the button. Buy
4.How to clean your vitrified clay hob with a professional cleaner?
No matter how efficient the alternative, the best way to clean your ceramic glass surface is with glass ceramic hob cleaner.
What cleaner to use on a glass ceramic hob? We recommend using Topperr 3431 Glass Cooker Cleaner. Cleans quickly and reliably remove cooking residue, dirt and grease stains of any complexity.
How to remove soot residue on your glass ceramic hob with this cleaner?
- Spray a glass ceramic hob cleaner on the glass ceramic cooking surface.
- Wait 5 minutes for the product to work.
- Wipe the glass ceramic surface with a microfibre cloth until completely clean.
For the toughest, stubborn stains, leave the cleaner on for 10 minutes after it has been applied. Then follow our instructions.
To buy Topperr 3431 Glass Ceramic Cooker Cleaner click on the button. Buy
How to clean glass stovetop/cooktop using natural ingredients easy and effecient
5.Cleaner Glass Ceramic Scraper Microfibre cloth.
To make cleaning vitrified clay as effective as possible and to get rid of the most stubborn stains, use the most reliable method: Vitrified clay cleaner Vitrified clay scraper Microfiber cloth. It is easy to remove burnt sugar and food, to clean the stove from old carbon deposits using professional detergents.
How to clean your vitrified clay hob with a glass ceramic hob scraper, glass ceramic cleaner and a microfibre cloth?
1.Apply the glass ceramic hob cleaner to the surface to be cleaned. Wait 5 minutes for the product to work. 2.Clean stubborn dirt with the scraper.
3.Use a microfibre cloth to wipe off residual cleaner and dirt from the stove until it is completely clean.
A vitrified clay cleaner A vitrified clay scraper A microfiber cloth is the best way to clean your vitrified clay yet. This trio can tackle all kinds of stains, grease drips, food scraps, and burned glass ceramic cooktop.
You can buy all of these products in the Topperr 3411 Vitrified Cookware Cleaning Set, or separately.
For the Topperr Glass Ceramic Cleaner Set 3411, just click on the button. Buy
To buy Topperr SC 1 vitrified clay scraper click on the button. Buy from
The squeegee is blunt and can barely remove dirt? No problem, just buy replacement blades! To buy Topperr SC2 Glass Ceramic Scraper Blade Replacement Blade Set (5 pcs.) press the button. Buy
To buy a Topperr Glass Ceramic Cleaning Cloth 3429, click on the button. Buy
Vinegar and baking soda are not bad ways to clean ceramic glassware. But not the fastest. If speed is important to you, then we recommend using a wet wipe for vitrified clay. No vinegar or baking soda is as effective as professional cleaners.
A vitrified clay hob scraper A microfiber cloth is the best and most effective way to clean your vitrified clay cooktop or hob.