Japanese company Janome produces sewing machines from the middle of the twentieth century. The company has produced about 300 models of sewing machines of different profiles. The Janome range includes electromechanical, computer, embroidery and raspishivanalnye machines, overlocks and quilts.
Japanese sewing machines Janome are famous for their high quality and reliability in operation (
If we take into account electromechanical machines, which are used by most amateur seamstresses or even professionals, such apparatuses are characterized by ease of use and quality of sewing.
Janome medium-class sewing machines perform 15-20 different operations, straight, blindstitch, stretch, overlock stitch, zigzag, etc. Width and length of stitch, as well as thread tension can be adjusted manually. Threading is fast and convenient, the buttonhole can be made in semi-automatic mode. There is a thread cutter and the ability to sew with a twin needle. It is convenient that on the body of the machine are indicated its functions and tips in the settings. Included with machines present several legs of different types, bobbins, a set of needles, screwdriver, etc.
The most popular models of this company include sewing machines Janome PS-19, Janome S-19, Janome V-12, Janome V-15, Janome LW-30.
How to tuck the thread in the sewing machine
Change and insert thread into the sewing machine masters have often. So it sewed well and did not give any failures, you need to do it right.
How to insert thread into a Janome sewing machine? This can be done in several ways.
The sewing machine can be threaded with the upper thread:
- Turn the flywheel toward you to raise the thread take-up lever. Also raise the presser foot by means of the lifter.
- Take the spool of thread. Insert it into any bobbin rod. Pass the thread through the thread guide on top of the cover.
- Pass the thread through the thread guide down into the tension adjuster, check spring holder, lower thread guide, left lever, and thread the needle from front to back. Pull the tail of the thread through the hole in the foot to the back.
- Open the bobbin cover or drawer.
- Turn the handwheel until the needle rises.
- Open the catch on the bobbin case and pull it out.
- Unwind 10 cm of thread on the bobbin. Add a few centimeters more if you are not sure it is enough.
- Insert the bobbin into the bobbin case so that the thread unwinds clockwise.
- Feed the thread through the cap and bobbin under the spring. Thread must pass through the eyelet.
- Hold the bobbin case by the latch and set it in place. The tail of the cap should click into the hook slot.
- Close the lid, put the drawer back.
- Turn the flywheel and pull the thread from the bobbin with the upper thread.
Notice! The tension of both threads should not be weak
What is the risk of improper threading?
If the thread is not threaded correctly, it will result in a poor quality seam: the stitch will loop, forming rings of thread. It is important to check the thread tension. They should not be like guitar strings, or loosely tensioned. Check that the spring of the tension lever holds the thread well. Take care that the lower thread is thinner than the upper thread, as the latter is considered the leading thread.
One of the conditions for quality sewing with a sewing machine is the correct threading. How to tuck the thread into the Janome sewing machine, learn from the video below.
A detailed diagram: how to tuck in an old style sewing machine
Non-rotary machines have an almost identical threading scheme. The only difference is its attachment to the machine itself. Modern products have on their body a lot of tips for threading, which greatly facilitates the process itself. make a mistake and wrong threading will be more difficult.
The thread in the needle should be threaded into the groove that is along the needle. It is determined after running a finger along the length of the needle.
Overlock machine should be threaded according to the diagram on the cover. For a rotary machine has its own scheme, because such tools for sewing are units of the old type.
Threading the thread into the rotary machine:
- Attach the spool of thread to the machine;
- Be careful when threading the upper thread tensioner;
- Take it out using a compensation spring, which is similar to a hook;
- Thread into the thread guide, it has a special hook;
- Once finished with the thread guide, lower the thread down and insert it into the special locks before the needle.
Rotary sewing machines use a fork that allows you to thread. This replaces the thread guide. Such machines exist, but rarely seen. These include the machine Rzhev, Volga.
How to tuck a thread in the sewing machine
Before the sewing machine will be able to do their job, the owner must make a number of technical adjustments, without which the functioning of the machine is simply impossible. One of these settings includes threading. Although the process is notable for its simplicity, some novice hostesses do not always know how to tuck the upper and lower thread into the sewing machine.
How to tuck a thread in the sewing machine
Beginning mistresses often have the question of how to tuck in the thread upper and lower. Regardless of whether the machine is operated manually (found on older machines) or electrically, the sequence is similar.
Before you start learning how to insert the thread, you need to read and study the instructions. This allows you to memorize the terms, and perform the sequence of operations unmistakably.
How to make the bobbin glide better inside the bobbin case
If you have an old machine or sewing machine has stood unused for years in a closet, the inside (bottom and walls) of the bobbin case will be covered with rust or oxidized. As a result, the machine will constantly tear the thread, sew with skips, etc.д. To correct this defect, you can cut a plastic folder from the office and lay it on the bottom of the bobbin case.
Trace the outline of the bobbin with a simple pencil and cut the outer outline of the grommet with scissors.
The inner hole of the grommet is cut with miniature manicure scissors.
By the way, instead of plastic, you can cut it from tissue paper, tracing paper, etc.п. To improve bobbin glide, it is recommended to oil the paper pad.
The gasket should rest loosely on the bottom of the bobbin case.
How to thread a sewing machine without getting frustrated
If you are reading this article you probably bought a sewing machine and are wondering how to tuck the thread into the sewing machine. Don’t get frustrated, today I will teach you how to do it step by step, as well as give you a useful tip that only experienced seamstresses know, and it will make this process on one two three.
In fact, how you tuck in your sewing machine will determine how well it will sew in the future. Even the coolest, most advanced machine will loop and skip stitches if you don’t tuck the threads into it correctly. So do it with all due care and attention.
How to Thread a Machine (Top Threading)?
|Presser foot lever|
If the presser foot is not raised, correct threading is not possible.
Press (needle position button) once or twice to raise the needle.
|Button “Raising/Lowering the Needle”|
How to Change Thread on a Sewing Machine
The needle is fully raised when the mark on the handwheel is at the top, as shown in the illustration. Check the handwheel position and if the handwheel mark is not in this position, press the button (needle up/down) until the mark is set correctly.
|Mark on the handwheel|
Remove the cap put on the spool pin.
Slide the spool of thread onto the rod.
Slide the spool onto the spool pin so that the spool is horizontal and the thread unwinds at the front and bottom.
If the cap or spool is not installed correctly, the thread may become tangled around the spool and the needle may break.
Place the spool cap on the rod.
Place the spool cap on the spool pin, pushing it as far to the right as possible as shown.
Holding the bobbin with your right hand, with your left hand pull the thread and pass it under the thread guide.
Pass the thread under the thread guide cover from the back to the front. Hold the thread with your right hand so that the stretched part of the thread does not loosen, and pull the thread under the thread guide plate with your left hand.
Insert the thread into the sewing machine by running the thread through the pattern marked with a number on the sewing machine.
If the needle is not raised, the thread cannot be threaded in the take-up lever. In this case, be sure to press the needle position button to raise the needle before threading the thread take-up lever.
Pass the thread behind the needle bar thread guide.
The thread can easily be passed behind the needle bar thread guide by holding the thread with your left hand and threading it from right to left into the thread guide.
Mini Sewing Machine: How to Change Thread Setup Bobbin | Cattleya Arce
The threading process for industrial machines
Although more complicated than a normal sewing machine, the upper and lower threading are done in the same way. Before starting the process, wind the bobbin on a special holder. Next, the winded bobbin is installed in the bobbin case and put in place by pushing back the plate.
Then, place the spool of thread on the special holder, pass through the hole in the plate, through the raised thread guide down. Through the tension regulator, the upper thread enters the controller, compensator and disk spout. Thread the needle from left to right or vice versa, depending on the model of machine. The end of the thread should be placed between the plate and the presser foot. The process is complete, when you spin the flywheel, the lower thread will emerge from the plate.
When threading the industrial sewing machine yourself, there are some peculiarities to keep in mind:
- Thread is inserted into the thread guide plate from either side.
- If you wind the thread onto the bobbin, the needle must be unthreaded. It is recommended to keep the presser foot in the up position to avoid fraying.
- If the bobbin slides too quickly in the bobbin case, you can put a piece of paper inside.
Knowing these rules, there will be no questions about proper threading.
How to Thread a Machine | Sewing Machine
Hand sewing machine: how to thread
When setting up a manual typewriter it is important to choose the right needle and thread number for a particular type of fabric, as well as adjust the thread tension, otherwise, the quality of the stitching will suffer. In the rest, filling a manual sewing machine should not cause difficulties, as you can see in the instructions for filling machine “Seagull”:
- Turn the handle so that the mechanism that holds the threads is at the top.
- Insert the needle all the way into the holder. The flat side must be turned toward the stem where the presser foot is located.
- Use a screw to secure the needle.
- Place the spool of thread on the thread spool pin.
- Slide the thread through the friction washer and thread guide.
- Insert the thread into the thread guide, fix it in the needle holder.
- Pull the thread through the eye of the needle (this will be the upper thread).
- Wind the thread around the bobbin.
- Insert the bobbin into the cap. The thread must be on the outside.
- Push the cap back in until it audibly clicks into place.
- To tighten the thread, turn the knob to tighten it.
- Insert both upper and lower threads under the presser foot.
How to adjust the thread tension correctly:
- Use the screw on the bobbin case. The tighter the screw, the tighter the thread.
- Adjust the tension using the knob on the lever that raises the presser foot.
A few helpful rules for using the Seagull machine:
- Without a needle under the foot beforehand, stitching cannot be started.
- The knob is turned fully towards yourself, do not change the direction of turn.
- To work on this machine must choose those fabrics that are suitable for all types of stitches, otherwise you can ruin not only the fabric, but also bring your machine into complete disrepair.