Poor mating of rubber and plastic components
Leaks can also occur inside the hose. For example, in the place where the joint between the plastic and rubber parts takes place.In most cases, the cause is wear and tear of the rubber half. Over time, the rubber deteriorates and loses its former elasticity and resiliency, causing the pressure of the fixing metal cover to weaken and begin to leak in that area.
This problem can also occur when moving the machine to another location. At first, you can clamp the adapter with pliers to eliminate or minimize leaks. Note, however, that this is a temporary solution and you will probably soon have to install and replace the drain hose inside the washing machine. Actions should be performed in stages. To learn how to disconnect a broken and attach serviceable, read the material below.
Description of the replacement procedure
Installing a new drain hose on an LG washing machine with your own hands is simple enough. The main thing is to understand the scheme of its connection. One end of the drain hose is connected to the sewer outlet, the other end goes deep into the body of the washer, connecting with a spigot. For trouble-free attachment of the tube to the sewer, masters use a special tee, where the drain hose is included. There is a similar method. fixing to the siphon connector, which greatly simplifies the connection procedure. Before disconnecting the drain hose, you need to take a number of mandatory measures:
To remove the drain hose, loosen the clamps holding it on both sides.
- De-energize the washing machine;
- Close the water intake valve;
- Remove residual water from the drain system. To do this, open the door, which is located at the bottom of the front wall of the dispenser, unscrew the trash filter cover, previously placing a small container under the hole.
For work with the drain hose, you will need dry rags, as during disassembly some of the water may spill on the floor. Disconnect the drain hose from the sewage pipe is easy. The outlet is freely accessible and can be handled in a few minutes. To remove the drain hose from the volute, you have to put the machine on its side, so you can easily get to the pump.
LG washing machines may or may not have a bottom. If there is a bottom wall, unscrew the bolts and remove the panel to the side. If the drip tray has a leak protection system sensor, you will have to unhook its wiring and remove the mounting screw. Access to the location of the drain hose is obtained, you can proceed to remove it. Loosen the clamp holding the pipe and remove the drain hose.
At the same time you can check the pump for contamination, if necessary. clean it.
The new drain hose should now be installed in place. It is important to tighten the retaining clamp well, but not too tight. The other end is connected to a siphon fitting or directly to a sewage pipe. Make sure that the drain hose is not crimped, but has a correct curve along its entire length. Plug in the washer and run the “Rinse” mode to see if the hose is leaking.
Drain hose replacement in Bosch, Siemens, AEG
In these washing machines to replace the drain hose requires even more effort than in all of the above models. In order to do this, we need to remove the front wall of the machine, which entails the removal of certain elements.
The first thing to do is to take out the powder dispenser. Next, remove the bottom panel, and drain the remaining water, if you have not already done so. Now we need to disconnect the cuff from the front wall, to do this, using a slotted screwdriver on the cuff, remove the collar that holds it. Remove the cuff from the front wall, so that it does not interfere with its removal.
Next, unscrew the screws that secure the front wall to the body of the washing machine, they are at the top from the bottom. After that, the front wall hangs on special hooks, but you can not remove it, because it is connected by wires going to the lock lock the loader hatch. Here are two options: the first, just unscrew the screws that lock the door closing, and the second, gently move the front wall at a distance that has a hand between it and the body of the washing machine and pull the wire that goes to this lock.
To remove the front wall, you need to lift it slightly upwards and pull it towards you. It will be removed in place of the hatch. Once you have removed it, then set aside and let’s begin to change the drain hose.
How to Change Replace Washing Machine Hoses, the Right Way!
Here we do everything similar to other washing machines. Disconnect the drain from the pump by loosening the clamp. Next we remember how the hose is laid on the body of the washing machine and disconnect it. We lay a new one on the same principle, but do not fasten it. Now put the end of the drain hose on the pump and tighten the clamp. Next, the hose should be attached to the body of the washing machine by analogy with the old one.
Before you reassemble the washing machine, check for leaks and correct connections. Now put on the front wall, insert the lock, put the cuff and screw it in place. In short, reassemble the machine to its original state in reverse order.
Drainage hose replacement in washing machines Electrolux and Zanussi
In the devices of the category under consideration, to gain access to the interior, it is required to properly remove the back panel, since the bottom of these washing machines is almost always solid, and the panel from the front is not dismantled. This is the only way to replace the drain hose.
Disassembling the back panel
- Detach the top wall of the washing machine, for which you need to unscrew the rear panel 2 mounting screws, remove the cover by bending it back and remove it.
- Unscrew 4 self-tapping screws at the top, then 2 at the side (located under the plugs) and 2-3 more at the bottom.
- Dismantle the plastic fasteners of the inlet valve from the back wall and carefully remove the back panel.
Disconnecting and installing the drain hose
- When the back of the washing machine will be detached, you can get to all parts of the device without exception. Then you need to pour out the remaining water using the drainpipe by tilting it lower and placing a bucket or cloth under it.
- Locate the fasteners of the drainage element and remove them by pulling the clamp.
- Unscrew the tube from the body fasteners, noting immediately where they are located.
- To properly change the drain hose, insert the replacement element in place of the factory one and secure it with a clamp.
- It is necessary to connect the free end of the hose to the sewer lines and make sure that all joints are sealed.
- Carry out the rear wall assembly work in the opposite order.
Varieties of drainage hoses, distinctive features
The element for draining the liquid is represented by a light-colored propylene hose, equipped with rubber fittings on both sides, the diameter of which can range from eighteen to twenty-two millimeters. The main purpose. to pour out during the washing the used liquid in the sewage system. Based on the length and purpose, there are three groups of drain hoses:
- simple. has a fixed length, from one to five meters. If necessary, the hoses are connected by a special extender and clamps to increase the length;
- telescopic. in the compressed state the size is sixty centimeters, after giving the hose a working condition, its length increases to two meters. The main disadvantage of such an element is its susceptibility to clogging, significant vibration due to the corrugated design;
- in the form of a coil. the product with notches on it, allowing you to delay the desired size and shorten the module. If you use a long hose, clogging or stagnation can form, which will subsequently lead to the breakdown of the machine Samsung. These hoses are recommended to immediately shorten to optimal parameters.
It should be noted that different brands of machines differ in different location and method of fixing the drain system. But there are general steps to repair the washing machine drain hose, recommended to perform regardless of the model of the machine. when proceeding to fix the breakdown, the washing machine is drained of liquid, for which to remove the bottom panel and unscrew the filter of the drain system.
How to change the drain hose in a washing machine
Regardless of what model of washing machine you have chosen, the technique functions the same. The water intake and drain from the tank is necessary for normal operation. If you need to replace the drain hose in the washing machine, it is not necessary to call a master. Study our recommendations and get to work with your own hands.
How to replace the drain hose in the washing machine
Replacement of the drain hose in the washing machine has some difficulties. We’ll tell you step by step how you can remove, change or clean the hose in any brand of washing machine.
Some users think that its replacement is similar to the fill hose. But that’s not the case. The water intake hose is attached to the body of the washing machine, while the drain hose, in addition, is located next to the pump.
How to replace the water supply hose for the washing machine
To supply water to the washing machines, they are connected to the water supply line with an inlet hose. Most often, then a branching is made, which has a faucet, so that you can instantly shut off the water supply. The fill hose for the washing machine comes in a set with the technique itself. you do not need to buy it additionally.
But what to do if you need to replace it? Replacement may be necessary for a variety of reasons: leakage, violation of the shell, inadequate length or low-quality standard part. To get a really good quality washing machine hose, you need to know their varieties and how much a quality filling hose costs. This is what we will write about below.
How to Change a Washing Machine Hose?
In the process of replacing the hose, there are a number of little things and peculiarities to consider. Otherwise, there may be questions and additional complications. This article details the universal process of replacing, removing and cleaning the hose in the washing machine.
The hose for water intake is connected to the body of the washing machine. In turn, the mechanism of its replacement is different from the replacement of the fill hose. Drain hose drains used liquid and is connected to the drain pump near the nozzle and pump. Material. polypropylene is designed for different temperatures and is not affected by agents with different chemical composition.
Reasons to change the hose on your washing machine:
- The difference of components. The washer-dryer comes with a hose, which may not fit during the commissioning of the machine: it may be short, long, etc.п. Self-adjustment in such a case is fraught with unpleasant consequences and increased probability of fluid leakage in the process.
- Damage. In case of loss of its original merchantability, failure, breakage and defects. Requires urgent replacement, the unit with this condition of the components can not be in operation.
- Excess inside. Debris, the amount of scale that interferes with the work.
Damage Washing Machine Hose | How to Change?
To purchase the right alternative, you need to determine what exactly it should be.
- Universal Length of 1-5 meters, which is suitable for various options.
- Telescopic. 0.5-1.5 meters, compressed. Characterized by the appearance of noticeable corrugated folds and the formation of strong vibrations because of them, this type is compact and takes up less space.
- Coiled. formed from 0.05. 0.055 meter parts. It is easy to change the size and choose the best one.
Made of metal. Stainless steel or chrome-plated steel, used instead of plastic because it is easily damaged and steel is resistant to the environment. Flexible, strong, durable, moisture- and heat-resistant, higher in price.
Made of plastic. Used for concealed installation, cheaper, not as resistant to external influences as the previous ones.
How to correctly remove the hose of the washing machine.
It is necessary to lift the top panel, which is mounted on two screws, moved away and removed, and pay attention to the location of the hose itself. Dismantling is different for different types.
At what height is the hose of the washing machine.
Location depends entirely on the model and type of machine, the hose itself can be placed on the floor, but its beginning is necessarily located above (elevated), often at a height of 60-90 centimeters.
Preparation of equipment for replacing the drain hose with their own hands.
Disconnect the machine from the power supply and stop the liquid flow, drain into a separate basin after removing the filter and inlet hose. At the bottom of the front wall, remove the hatch cover, unscrew the filter and remove the liquid.
The easiest in terms of repair are considered automatic washing machines ATLANT that do not require detailed disassembly of the unit and other additional steps.
The replacement process is carried out as follows:
- Provide access to the support side by laying the appliance on its side.
- Release and remove the drain pump.
- Release the hose fasteners on both sides of the pump and remove it.
- Install the new part in place of the previous one.
- Secure it to the pump with clamps.
- Before putting the washing machine back in place, connect one end to the body.
- Adjust the remaining parts.
- Done !
How to Change the Drain Hose on a Washing Machine (Zanussi)
Replacing equipment components is a complex process that requires taking into account a huge number of different minutiae. Component selection requires special knowledge or help from specialists.