Proper transportation of the refrigerator (in the car) in a lying and standing position. Precautions and security measures.
How to properly transport the refrigerator in the car, lying or standing, on which side to transport? What you need to know about transportation, how to prepare the unit? After what time to turn on the refrigerator after transportation?
In this article we will tell the rules for transporting refrigerators in the car. You will find out why it is better to transport equipment vertically, what to do if there is no such opportunity. We will give tips on preparing the refrigerator for moving, telling about the main problems and their solutions.
All about the correct transportation of the refrigerator
Equipment must be carefully packaged. All shelves are taken out of the refrigerator and freezer departments and all the untouched details. Then it is necessary to securely fix all the doors so that they do not open during the transportation process. This can be done using construction tape. Think about how you organize the protection of the case and doors from scratches and other random damage. Ideally, the entire body is carefully wrapped with a protective film in several layers, like a suitcase in the luggage compartment of the airport (the film reliably solves the problem of door opening during transportation). It is important that the packaging is strong enough on its own, so that the device does not slip out of it when carrying.
How to transport the refrigerator in a passenger car
First of all, the refrigerator must be packaged correctly so that chips do not appear on it during transportation, and the main components are not damaged.
Depending on the capabilities of the car, there is an option for transporting the refrigerator standing or lying down. Consider both options.
Refrigerator transportation standing on the roof: Rules
There is nothing complicated here. It is necessary to convey the refrigerator to the car and carefully load it on the roof, usually it is being transported there. This option is suitable only if the machine is equipped with a trunk on the roof.
There are several disadvantages of a similar method of transportation that you need to understand:
- Thus, transporting the car to a long distance will not work. Maximum. within the city;
- When transporting a refrigerator on the roof of a passenger car, the driver should not develop speed above 50 km/h. It is best to go in the right row, while it is not recommended to choose sections of the road with a large number of irregularities, including artificial (lying police). But, at the same time, it is also not the best idea to travel on a highway with such a load, since the machine at such a slow speed will interfere with other participants in the movement;
- Competent packaging of the refrigerator when transporting it on the roof has a decisive role. There is always a chance that the rain will begin, which can fall on the electrical components of the refrigerator, which is why it will fail.
When transporting a refrigerator standing on the roof, you need to fix it as reliable as possible. If the device falls during transportation, it can cause a traffic accident.
Refrigerator transportation: Rules
There is a common opinion that the refrigerator is not to be transported. In fact, this is not so. Even a new refrigerator from the store, most often, is taken in a lying position. However, there is one significant difference when transporting a new refrigerator and when moving. the absence of a factory box. On the box, the manufacturer indicates which side you can put the refrigerator so that the oil does not get into the circuit of the refrigerant circulation when transporting, which can lead to the failure of the device.
Accordingly, in order to move the refrigerator lying in a passenger car when moving, you need to determine which side the device is put for safe transportation.
The transportation of the refrigerator lying when moving to the cabin and on the roof is practically no different. The main thing is to properly put the device. When transporting it on the roof, you must follow the rules described above for vertical transportation.
In order to transport the refrigerator lying in a passenger car, it is necessary to put it so that the compressor tube (along which the refrigerant from the compressor comes out when the device is operating) is directed upward.
You can determine the direction of circulation of the refrigerant by compressor in several ways. The most faithful is to familiarize yourself with the instructions for your refrigerator model. Some models of the refrigerator can be transported simply on the back wall.
Even if the instructions have long been disposed of, on the Internet you can now find instructions for almost any refrigerator, even the oldest.
If there are no instructions, do the following actions:
- Turn the refrigerator with a flip side where the compressor tubes and other components of the unit are located;
- You will see a compressor motor (the main part of the refrigerator, looks most often like a round or square box);
- Two tubes are approaching this motor. Usually one is suitable on one side, the other on the other. It is necessary to touch both tubes and determine which one is hot;
Do not burn, the tube can be very hot. When checking, the device should just be disconnected from the network or on the network (from the moment of turning on, at least 10-20 minutes should pass).
- Having determined which tube is hot, you can conclude how to put the refrigerator. It needs to be put in such a way that a hot tube in the direction of movement from the compressor looks upward. On some compressors, the direction of circulation of the refrigerant may be shown an arrow.
If the refrigerator has two tubes on one side. they both should look up during transportation.
Having decided on the side of the refrigerator on which it can be put during transportation, it remains to convey the device to the car, carefully load it and you can proceed directly to the transportation.
Regardless of whether the refrigerator was laid in the cabin or on the roof, it is necessary to fix it securely. Be sure to check that the refrigerator door will not open during transportation.
The nuances of the refrigerator packaging
To ensure safe transportation for the device, the following will be required:
- Package. If the box is preserved from the device, then you can use it, if it is absent, then in almost any store you can buy a pimped film.
- A skein of painting tape. It can be quickly torn with your hands, without the use of scissors.
- Stationery knife. It will be needed to cut the film, cardboard, adhesive tape or other packaging elements.
- Special struts. Need to fix the details of the device.
- Paper. It will be required to absorb moisture.
- Cover. It will be needed in case the refrigerator falls to soften the blow.
note! In the absence of packaging, it will be difficult to deliver the refrigerator without damage. Regardless of how transportation is carried out, it is necessary to prepare for this procedure in 24 hours.
Preparation for transportation
Safe transportation involves not only proper placement in the back, but also competent preparation. Necessary:
- Defrost in advance, wash and dry the refrigerator.
- Get or tightly fix the shelves and retractable shuflyads inside with tape.
- Fix the refrigerator door tape.
- Pack the unit in several layers of bubble film or wrap with cardboard and fix it with tape. The ideal option is in the preserved factory packaging.
Upon arrival at the place, the unit should stand in the house for several hours, adapting to room temperature (if the move occurs in the cold season). Only after that it can be turned on.
In an upright position
The ideal option recommended by all manufacturers is to transport the refrigerator in an upright position in a truck equipped with special mounts. In this case, the risk of damage to the internal components, as well as the flow of oil into the circular, and, as a result, the blockage of the capillary tube is reduced to zero.
You will have difficulties in cargo transportation in an upright position if:
- your refrigerator is in height of more than 1.75 meters;
- You ordered a standard carrier for moving and are not the owner of a gazelle with a high tent.
For placement in the car, you can put it under an angle of not more than 40 degrees, while it must be securely fixed to avoid excess vibration and falling. There should not be heavy furniture that can move it along the way.
On the side lying
Placing the refrigerator lying is the worst option. The manufacturer removes the warranty if the unit fails after cargo transportation in a lying position, especially on the door. But the masters of refrigeration equipment say that it is possible. The main thing is to comply with certain rules:
- Location on the “correct side”: the side where compression pipes come out should be from above. You can touch the tubes at the working apparatus: during operation they are warming. the side that you are looking the hott;
- Prevent transportation on the back wall in order to avoid damage to the radiator and thermal insulation;
- Not transported on the door is a 100% guarantee of damage;
- A neat driver who is in no hurry and goes around all the bumps;
- Take only a close distance.
It is important to know! Old, Soviet refrigerators (Biryusa, Minsk) and modern with the NO Frost system (Atlant Hmm 4425-049 ND, Samsung RT43K6000EF, LG GA-B419 SYGL, AEG S99382CMB2, BOSCH KGN39NW14R, CN 4313, and the CN 4313, Industrations. 5200 EF102228).
It is allowed to transport only empty equipment in a fully defrosted state.
Recommendations of manufacturers
You can find all parameters for transporting refrigeration equipment in the attached instructions and documents. If the unit is new, in the factory box, then it usually indicates all the necessary information.
Any manufacturer will advise using the services of a specialized cargo taxi and qualified movers equipped with carts to move heavy equipment. Specialists of such a service know how to properly remove the equipment from the apartment, move, raise, move and transfer how to turn it over on the stairs, conduct professional training for transportation: set spacers and fasteners, take care of packaging, and also correctly place it inside the car. lying, reclining or vertically.
How to Remove Snow WITHOUT Scratching your Car #Shorts
- When moving the refrigerator to the vehicle, as well as during unloading, you can not take up the door;
- To secure movers and equipment will help safety belts and carts;
- Removable mechanisms must be securely fixed or transported separately;
- Securely fix the compressor;
- Fix the device to avoid falls, blows and vibrations with an uneven road;
- You can not put the equipment on the naked bottom of the van: there must be a shock.absorbing layer;
- Do not turn on the unit immediately after installation. let survive from 4 to 24 hours;
- If the device was long at minus temperature (on the street, in a car or balcony), it must stand in the room for at least a day to warm up.
On the trunk of a car
- It is quite possible to transport a passenger car in the trunk, trailer or even on the roof: you only need to securely fix it to avoid excess vibration and falling on the track.
- Choose a flat road, drive the car smoothly and accurately, at a speed of 40-60 km/h.
- After installation, be sure to let stand within the day before starting to use.
So, we will combine everything above in a single summary with the rules and recommendations:
- It is more correct to transport the refrigerator strictly vertically, but if necessary, you can tilt or put the equipment on the side. Choose the side so that the door hinges are at the top.
- Transporting the equipment in a lying position or reclining, make sure that the compressor tube looks up.
- When loading into a car and unloading from it, do not take the door so as not to tear it.
- Removable parts of the case and internal “filling” fix or pack and take separately from the body.
- Do not transport a refrigerator with a drop system without defrosting. The apparatus with the know.how can be taken out without defrosting, it is enough to simply turn off and carry out wet cleaning in it.
- Fix the motor-compressor.
- Fix the cabinet with straps in the body itself.
- Convince the driver to go carefully, going around the bad sections of the road and avoiding a sharp press on the brake.
- Give the refrigerator time before starting: 2-3 hours, or better-a day.
Preparation of the refrigerator for transportation
Before packing the refrigerator, you need to prepare it. To do this, follow the following actions:
- Disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply;
- If there are magnets or other jewelry on the refrigerator, remove them;
- Carefully extend it so that you have access to all elements of the device;
- Pull out the food from the refrigerator. It is better to pack perishable products in a cooler bag, if any. Stock up other products in the box, but do not forget to mark it so as not to lose among other things after moving;
- Pull out all removable elements from the refrigerator: shelves, boxes, fresheners, etc. Rinse them thoroughly and set to dry, then pack them. Glass shelves are recommended to be folded on top of each other, paving the sheets of transportation cardboard between them. Next, wrap them with a packaging film and wrap all this in one more layer of cardboard to avoid damage. Pack boxes and other removable elements in a separate box and march it;
Often, glass shelves for a replacement for a specific model of the refrigerator cannot be bought separately, therefore, their packaging should be attentive so that they are taken intact and preservation.
- If possible, remove the removable elements: pens, plastic linings, etc. This is necessary so that they are not damaged, even if the refrigerator hit the transportation process;
- For refrigerators that need defrosting, you need to conduct it according to the instructions;
- The final stage of preparation is washing the refrigerator. You need to wash it well and dry it. Try to wash the refrigerator not only in front, but also from behind, as well as inside and below. This is allowed to reduce the likelihood that the device stains the upholstery in a car or floors in a new apartment during transportation.
Preparing the refrigerator correctly, proceed to its packaging for transportation.
Inclusion and possible problems
After transportation, it is not recommended to immediately turn on the freezer. It is left to stand so that the oil is distributed in the compressor. The term is determined in accordance with the transportation method, the temperature regime in the room, the weather on the street.
Specialists lead such requirements to the time of upsetting equipment during transportation on the side:
If the device was in a vertical position, it is recommended not to turn it on:
When accommodating equipment in a room at a temperature of less than 15 ° C, the specified time increases by 2 times. In some cases, after installation, the unit does not work or stops freezing. Noise in equipment, reduction in temperature in the freezer are possible. Violations occur with improper location, falling the unit, mechanical damage, turning on the equipment without upholding.
In the list of possible breakdowns. noise in the compressor when working in standard mode. A failure is possible with insufficient amount of oil, t.to. The composition of the flow into a container with a compressor. It is possible to mix oil with freon. It will be necessary to increase the time to uphold the unit and subsequently call the master.
In the absence of cooling in technology, a freon leak is possible. It is recommended to call a specialist for refueling a refrigerant, restoration of equipment.
When starting the equipment, 1 light lights up due to failures in the compressor operation. It is necessary to increase the termination of the equipment of the standard or the know.free equipment. If the freon leaks occurred, the contact of the contact in the compressor, you will need to replace the details.
Solar Powered Fridge. How to Run a Fridge With and Without! Batteries