What kind of electric stove can be built in??
What should be the correct location of the stove? Before you build a gas stove into a kitchen unit, it makes sense to look closely at what kind of stove you have, and whether it can even be combined with a table or cabinet.
In many homes there are still old Soviet stoves. they are, of course, very reliable, but they look very unassuming, and are made of materials that do not protect nearby objects from overheating. There is no point in embedding one in the table. The only thing you can do is to put a table-cabinet or a bookcase nearby, so that the stove does not stand out too much from the interior.
Safety regulations must be followed:
- all parts of the furniture must be made of fireproof material;
- The distance between the hob and the cabinet wall must not be less than 5 cm (a worktop made of fireproof material can adjoin the hob and even form a single unit with it);
- Flammable or explosive substances cannot be stored in the cabinet.
Before you build a conventional gas stove into the countertop, consider whether it is time to replace an obsolete model for a more modern. Manufacturers of gas equipment offer customers several types of stoves:
Important! Modern stoves are made of new materials. Learn how to properly care for a glass ceramic surface, what to clean it with, you can in our article Cleaning products for glass ceramic.
Gas Cooktop Installation | Useful Knowledge
Freestanding gas stove is not much different in appearance from the old Soviet. It certainly looks more elegant. But there are significant differences all the same:
- modern stoves heat less surrounding objects because they are made of materials endowed with the appropriate properties;
- It is quite possible to integrate a freestanding stove into the countertop, and it is not necessary to change the configuration of the gas pipes.
Important! As for any recessed model, it is specifically designed to become part of a table or cabinet. It is a dependent or independent unit. Buying such a unit, the future owner expects in advance that the hob with or without an oven will fit into the set and will take up almost no space.
Dependent and independent
The dependent model consists of two main parts:
When positioning it you must take this feature into account, that is, the two modules must be placed side by side. They usually put the oven downstairs and the cooktop on top of it. This somewhat restricts the owner. he should allocate a corner in which to fit the whole complex, which, in addition, will comply with safety standards. There is a recess in the worktop for the hob, and a fire-retardant cavity for the oven.
Important! Owners of stainless steel cooking stoves often face the problem of scratches on it. Proper care can help maintain the appearance of your appliances. You can find useful information in our separate post What to wash a stainless steel stove.
The owner of two independent modules is more free to choose. Oven and cooktop are completely independent, which means you can put them in different places.
How to cut a hole in the countertop for the cooktop
This step by step instruction on how to cut a hole in a countertop made of particleboard or wood-fiber board under the cooktop with your own hands. When you’re remodeling your kitchen, you probably need to know how to cut holes in particleboard or fiberboard countertops if you’re installing a sink or cooktop. This task may seem simple, but we can assure you that there are many nuances to consider for a good result.
On the one hand, you must follow the contour of the gas hob carefully, using a template or following the instructions on the product. In most cases, there are certain limitations that you have to pay attention to, such as the minimum distance from the slab to the back panel, or on both sides, to the walls. Use a large L-shaped angle to draw a rectangle on the workbench, otherwise the corners will not be at right angles.
To get an accurate hole, you must use a good saw with a proper blade. Therefore, the blade must have, oriented downward teeth, otherwise it will split the surface. Drill the initial holes along the four corners of the rectangle, using a drill or peorator (the hole must be wider than the size of the jigsaw blade).
Duration of work
When installing a gas cooktop or kitchen sink, you must cut holes in the countertop.
Tip: Follow the manufacturer’s instructions when cutting holes in your kitchen countertops if you want to prevent potential problems.
It is important to note that the safety distance between the gas stove and the nearest wall is 100 mm. The opposite wall must not be closer than 1 m, so you cannot put the appliance in rooms that are too narrow.
It is allowed to install the board next to walls made of slow-burning and combustible materials that are insulated with non-combustible materials (asbestos sheet roofing steel with a minimum thickness of 3 mm, plaster, etc). п.), at a distance of at least 7 cm from the walls.
Preparing the countertop for installing the electric stove hob
To prepare the niche in the worktop, it is best to use an electric jigsaw, as it will ensure quick and even cutting. You will also need an electric drill.
Firstly, make sure that there is enough space for the hob on the worktop, or rather make sure this is the case either when ordering the furniture or when buying the hob. If for a new hob is ordered and a new kitchen, it is better to inform immediately assemblers the dimensions of the necessary niche, so that they immediately made it. If the hob is mounted in the already installed furniture, then proceed as follows:
- Find the dimensions of the hob in the instructions for the hob;
- If the instructions do not have the dimensions, then independently measure the size of the landing place of the panel. do not measure against each other, between the panel and the countertop is recommended to maintain a gap of 1-2 mm;
- We measure the table top by measured dimensions. it is convenient if the packaging of the panel has a cardboard layout, in this case, simply attach it and encircling;
- when marking it, bear in mind that the space between the hob and the edge of the worktop must not be less than 5 cm;
- when the marking is made, using an electric drill, we drill out the corners of the marked area. The diameter of the drill must not be smaller than the width of the jigsaw blade;
- using the jigsaw, very carefully, taking your time and pressing the jigsaw blade firmly against the worktop, saw along the marked lines;
- The edges of the countertop in the place of cutting are closed with a special sealant, which should be attached to the hob, you can also use silicone sealant. it will protect the countertop from excessive moisture, fungus colonies and other adverse factors;
- Carefully place the hob in the niche, aligning it with the front edge of the worktop. Allowed a little force, if the panel enters too tightly, but do not overdo it with pressure. fragile materials such as glass ceramic can crack under pressure;
- Now firmly fix the surface with special clamps, which are screwed to the underside of the countertop and securely hold the panel in place.
This concludes the installation of the electric cooktop into the worktop.
How to install a gas cooktop. features of installation
Built-in appliances have long ceased to be a luxury and have become commonplace in any modern kitchen. For example, the hob can fit harmoniously into the countertop, becoming one with the surface. Such a solution. a great option for small rooms, where every square centimeter is worth its weight in gold.
To perform the installation of the hob into the countertop you need to have certain knowledge and skills. However, if you study the steps of installation, you can save on calling a specialist and do all the work with your own hands.
How to properly install a gas cooktop with your own hands: a step-by-step guide
Installing the gas cooktop includes the following steps:
- marking the countertop and sawing the hole;
- sealing the kerf and fixing the countertop;
- Preparing the panel for installation;
- connection to the gas mains;
- Positioning and fixing the hob;
- Checking for leaks and function.
Let’s consider in detail each of these steps.
Marking the worktop and sawing the hole
Before installation, study the instruction manual for the device. It shows the kerf size and describes the marking process. It is made in two ways. To form a contour, the panel is applied to the countertop and outlined.
Or use a more accurate and reliable method by calculating and marking the mounting location:
- On the countertop mark the boundaries of the internal space of the cabinet in which you plan to build the appliance.
- Then find the center of the hole in which the panel will be installed. For this purpose draw diagonal lines from the corners of the surface.
- Draw a line parallel and perpendicular to the edge of the worktop through the center (intersection of the two diagonals). The dimensions of the equipment are marked on them.
- Draw straight lines on the marks. Thus a rectangle is obtained, which is equal to the size of the recessed device. It is outlined with a marker, extra marks are erased.
Then holes are sawed out. To do this, drill holes in the corners of the marks that are wider than the cutting blade. They put the jigsaw blade into them and make a saw from corner to corner. To avoid chipping, the edges are sealed with masking tape. And to prevent the kerf fell and broke the table top, it is secured with clamps.
Tip. After sawing, check whether the hob fits well into the hole.
Seal the kerf and attach the worktop
To prevent the edges of the tabletop from crumbling, they are sanded, cleaned of dust and treated with glue compound. For particleboard suitable sanitary silicone, which protects the edges from moisture. It is applied with a spatula. To prevent the impact of high temperatures, use thermofoil or a reflector of aluminum tape. The worktop is then secured to the frame.
Preparing the hob for installation
Then the cooking surface is prepared for installation. In the technological holes are inserted nozzles. Scheme of their installation is specified in the technical documentation and glued to the bottom of the equipment. Fasten the sanitary corner with a sealing gasket.
Connecting to the gas mains
Connecting the panel to the gas pipeline performs in two steps. First connect the hose to the gas mains. Connect the flexible (bellows) hose through a plumbing faucet or fitting. On the threads of the bellows wrap tape in a clockwise direction. Then it is smeared with gas paste to seal the connection. A sealing ring is inserted into the nut of the hose. Parts are connected first by hand, then tighten with a gas wrench.
In the second stage, the hose is connected to the sanitary corner, fixed to the panel. It is pre-passed through a hole in the countertop. When fixing also use linen wrap and paste.
To connect the hob and the oven at the same time two water pipes are used. The use of a T-piece is not recommended by the gas board representatives in this case. They insist on the distribution of the gas pipe. This reduces the number of threaded connections, while increasing tightness and safety. Cut-off valves are installed on both outlets, separately for the oven, separately for the hob. If a tee is used, one common tap is saved.
Synopsis. All actions related to the gas equipment is required to coordinate with the gas service. This will avoid fines and alterations.
Positioning and fixing the hob
Attach the mounting strips that come with the panel, and perform the installation:
- the kerf is put through with the sealant from the kit;
- Insert the hob and align it;
- Tighten the fasteners at the bottom, clamping them to the countertop;
- They cut off the excess gasket with a knife.
Then check that it is securely fastened and proceed to commissioning.
Checking air tightness and serviceability
Firstly check the connections for leaks. They cover them with soapy water, turn on the gas and watch. If the mortar does not bubble, then there is no leakage.
Check the connection for leaks by an employee of the gas service. He will make an opinion and make a note in the gas book. It will indicate the date of installation of the new stove, make and serial number. It is not recommended to use the stove until he arrives.
After checking the tightness of the connection, proceed to alternating switching on the burners.
Reference. Air will escape from the burners of the new appliance for about a minute, then the gas will flow.
Use matches (not a lighter) or special piezoelectric devices for ignition. Burning must be even, with no pauses or flashes. The color of the flame. bluish-purple, without yellow and red glimpses, the height. no more than 2.5 cm.
After checking, install the grid for dishes and begin operating the device. If the appliance is equipped with an electric ignition source, connect it to the mains.
Connecting the hob to the power grid
Experts note how it will be correct and quick to install a new cooktop in the kitchen countertop and connect it to the utilities. The device can be connected to a separate power line, if the switchboard has RCD automatics for the stove. In homes with a 380 volt power supply, you need to do an even load per phase.
You may need a separate socket for the panel, so you will have to remove the headset first. The channel is prepared, reinforced and sealed with a layer of putty or cement. After these works proceed to the cutting of holes and installation of the hob.
You may need a separate socket for the hob
Installing the hob: a complete practical guide
In this article, we will talk to you about kitchen appliances, and how they are built into the kitchen set.
If, ten years ago, out of ten installed kitchen sets, at most half of them contained a hob (the rest were with independent gas cooktop), now. almost a hundred percent of sets are planned to install it.
So, the process can be described in a certain sequence.
First, you need to take the passport for the appliance, and see what size should be cut an opening. Even if, suddenly, for some reason, the passport will not be there, you can always measure with a tape measure the part of the panel that should be cut into the countertop.
Then, you need to do the following steps:
- Adjust and mark the countertop
- Transfer the dimensions of the inserted panel to the worktop
- Make at least one hole (diameter 8-10 mm) on each side of the cut niche
- Cut out the niche
- Finish the inside of the cut out niche with silicone
- Position the worktop on the underside of the kitchen unit
- Stick sticky tape on the inside of the recessed panel (or, glue plasticine on the countertop).
- Spray silicone on the worktop
- Insert the hob into the cut out niche
- Fasten the countertop with special fasteners
So, from the very beginning, it is necessary to put the countertop on the bottom base of the kitchen, in order to trim it in the right places in case of uneven walls, and if necessary, make holes for all kinds of gas pipes. In short, to prepare the countertop to install on the bottom of the kitchen.
After that, from the inside of the box, in which the hob will be built in, you need to make a marking (simply, to pencil in its inner edges in order to highlight its interior for further marking for cutting).
After that, the table top should be put on its front side (with the underside up) and the place we marked should be marked to the dimensions for mortise cutting (mark it according to the dimensions that should be in the data sheet to the panel or that can be measured by hand).
Now, in order to cut the required niche according to the markings, it is necessary near each proposed cut (on its inner side), to make holes so that it would be possible to insert the jigsaw into it.
Cut out the niche itself. When cutting, you need to be careful.
When all the edges are almost cut out, the cut out part of the countertop should be either supported from below or taped to the countertop, since it can break away under its own weight and tear the plastic from the countertop‘s front (and thus spoil the entire countertop).
Now, the inside of the cutout itself, you need to treat with silicone (one of the barriers to protect against moisture).
When all this is done, you need to install the countertop again on the bottom base of the kitchen (by this point, of course, it must already have a sink cut into it, if it is, of course, provided), and secure it, although, you can also secure it after you install the hob.
Next, it is necessary to glue on the inside of the recessed panel a special adhesive tape, which also serves as a waterproofing barrier.
In some models, there is no such adhesive tape, but there is a special plasticine, cut into specific strips. In this case, this plasticine is glued to the countertop right near the cutout, and when the hob is inserted into the cutout itself, it will cut off a part of this plasticine, which can simply be cut with a knife and removed.
But, in our case (with sticky tape), instead of plasticine, we will apply silicone to the table top.
Once the silicone is applied, you need to insert the hob into the niche prepared for it, and secure it to the tabletop with special fasteners.
When it is installed, I once again carefully dab it from the outside with silicone (fasteners are not perfect, and in some places, the panel may not adhere to the countertop), which, hardened, forms another hydro-barrier (the more such hydro-barriers. the better).
Here’s such a fairly simple algorithm for installing the technique we are considering in the countertop.
Yes, you have not forgotten that the hull plate in the box, in this case, should be in the middle of the box, and be offset 10 millimeters down (to ensure that the cooker normally “becomes” a countertop (especially true for tabletops, thickness 28 millimeters)).
Of course, in order to embed such a technique, it must first be bought.
Well, here I will finish. If something is not clear. ask in the Комментарии и мнения владельцев (form below, under the article).
Making the markings
The task of the installer is to place the panel strictly over the cabinet, taking into account that there is no margin in width.
There are only two ways to make the markings:
The domestic method does not require the use of special tools, the work is carried out “by eye”. The panel is placed in the center of the countertop and circled with a construction pencil. This method is not safe, there is a risk of damaging the kitchen unit.
The second option is suitable for patient assemblers, it takes a sufficient amount of time to perform calculations. This method minimizes the risk of error.
- The process begins with the transfer of the inner boundaries of the nightstand, over which you want to place the cooktop. On the tabletop, lines are drawn to form a rectangle;
- Next, the center point of the existing rectangle is calculated. From it you should draw a system of coordinates. A cross is marked, one of its lines should be laid parallel from the front edge of the countertop, and the second perpendicular to the same base as the first;
- The resulting coordinate system is used to measure the mortise part. Here you need to carefully measure the panel itself, given the small margin, it will make it possible to carry out installation strictly in the center;
- After setting the size, you need to draw lines, there are four of them. The result is an even rectangular figure, the tabletop is prepared for the proper cutting out of the seating.
All calculations are done, the place for cutting is marked, now we move on to the next, not less interesting stage.