Performing large scale and complex projects requires maintaining the highest standards of quality. At Bovis Koala JV, we understand the benefits of well-defined quality procedures to both ourselves and our clients, and we strive for the highest standards. Our Quality Management System focuses primarily on customer satisfaction via the following ISO 9001 worldwide recognised standards:
- Consistent and effective control of key processes and project management
- Promotion and standardization of good working practices
- Effective management of risk and improved crisis management
- More effective data analysis, generation of key performance metrics and continual improvement objectives
- Greater emphasis on communication, leadership, change management and adequacy of training
- A planning and review process which ensures the system in place remains suitable, effective and capable of identifying new opportunities
- Effective remote site management, accountability and contractual control
- Promoting control of suppliers and subcontractors and the development of effective supply chain management
Bovis Koala JV has attained the ISO 14001 standard which demonstrates our commitment to reducing our impact on the environment. As part of this commitment we have created and continually develop our environmental management system (EMS) which seeks to comply with both our legal obligations and to identify areas where we may take the extra step and exceed them. Our EMS also covers areas in which we have no legal obligations but wish to act in a responsible manner towards our effect on our environment.
By implementing our aspects and impacts register we have been able to monitor areas in which we believe we can reduce our impact to our environment, also helping us to set our environmental objectives and targets for the year.
An effective safety program goes far beyond reactive strategies for liability containment and regulatory compliance. Best safety practices that are driven from the top, and integrated across all business units present better opportunities for shared benefits, including quality control, job efficiencies, cost savings, and enhanced relationships with both customers and the public.
At Bovis Koala JV, we have developed a culture that promotes an injury-free environment and provides the safest workplace possible for our employees, sub-contractors and clients. Our approach is based upon education and tightly controlled working practices. A white, yellow, red card system ensures fairness with respect to safety procedures. Training and education provide our employees and subcontractors with the tools, knowledge and resources they need to increase safety and reduce risk, and our management processes ensure that safety guidelines are followed by all employees without fail.
Our commitment to Health and Safety has led not only to continuous training but also to strict Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations and a carefully structured Health and Safety Induction Programme for all new operatives and on-site visitors. Also we have an appointed H&S Officer who is fully qualified. Bovis Koala JV has attained the OHSAS 18001 certification which is an international occupational health and safety management system and officially recognises us as offering the following advantages:
- Establish an OH&S management system to eliminate or minimise risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to OH&S risks associated with its activities.
- Assure itself of its conformance with its stated OH&S policy.
- Demonstrate such conformance to others.
- Implement, maintain and continually improve an OH&S management system.
- Make a self-determination and declaration of conformance with this OHSAS specification.
- Seek certification/registration of its OH&S management system by an external organisation.