Error decoding, error causes, in brief
Usually a notice appears on the display at the moment when the machine has finished washing and should go into rinse mode. To do this, dirty water is poured out and the tank is filled with clean. If there is a malfunction, the washer is unable to remove the waste liquid. This problem is identified by the code 5E, SE, 5C, E2 on the different models.
- The most common problem is a clogged drain filter. The module is clogged so badly that water does not flow through it and does not reach the drain hose.
- the hose itself is clogged. debris such as hair, hair, threads usually accumulate at the junction of the siphon and filter with the hose. The clogging is loose, but it is enough for the controller to give an error signal.
- Drain pump failure. if the pump breaks or breaks, the device is repaired. If the pump burns out, it is replaced. The same message is shown on the display when the pump contacts come loose.
Malfunction is easy to prevent, if before washing you take the keys and change from s, button your clothes.
Error code tE (Ec) of Samsung washing machines
If the Samsung washing machine has one of the following error codes: tE, Ec, tE1, tE2, tE3, tC, tC1, tC2, tC3, tC4, it means that the machine is signaling a problem with water heating. The water may not be heated at all, so that the program runs completely in cold water, or, on the contrary, there is a rapid and excessive heating.
Samsung machines without display have noticeable indication of all washing modes, as well as two temperature indicators: 60 and 95 degrees.
In any case, if the expected temperature set in the program does not correspond to the actual temperature, this is the reason for identifying and eliminating the cause of malfunction.
Error symptoms of tE, Ec, tE1, tE2, tE3, tC, tC1, tC2, tC3, tC4 errors in Samsung SMD
The washing machine when running a working program does not heat the water and shows one of the errors.
Make sure that the machine is correctly plugged in and that there is nothing obstructing the normal power supply (check the socket and the power cable).
The machine is malfunctioning, but the error does not persist all the time: it appears and disappears.
Machine doesn’t heat water and doesn’t run the program right from the start.
Check the control board for malfunction. Check the control board and washer operates incorrectly Check the washer controller and washer parts if needed Repair or replace the parts if needed.
Washer causes excessive water overheating, items are still hot at the end of the wash program.
Check the heating element for breakage (burnout of components in the water heater is the most common cause). Most likely, the heating element must be replaced.
If you require spare parts for washing machines Samsung, address to Samodelkin: the widest assortment, fastest delivery across Russia and a warranty on everything.
The problem with overheating of the device: EE
If your Samsung washing machine is not equipped with a dryer, for example, Diamond wf8590nmw9 or 1061, you will not see such a code as “ЕЕ”.
If the machine has a convenient thermal drying function for already washed laundry, then the cause of overheating may be the same failed temperature sensor, but only the dryer, or breakage of its heating element. Also in Samsung machines, error codes related to overheating can occur due to a break in the circuit of the internal wiring.
Samsung washing machine error codes
If your Samsung washing machine has a display, the error will usually appear as a combination of symbols with the letter E (Error). On mechanical models, the errors will be indicated by a combination of light bulbs.
If you know what part is the problem, buy it from Samodelkin. Spare parts for washing machines Samsung at a reasonable price, with a guarantee, fast delivery within Russia. Free consultation.
All washing light bulbs flash or light steadily, the temperature mode indication is 40 degrees, if not equipped with a display
Drain error: Samsung washing machine does not drain water
- Breakdown of the drain pump (pump).
- Drain connection is clogged.
- The control board (electronic controller) is broken.
- Broken wiring or contacts in the chain of the pump.
- Dismantle the drain filter and remove the clog.
- Make sure there is no blockage in the drainage system
- Eliminate or rule out kinks or blockages in the drain hose as the cause.
- Eliminate the possibility of a clogged drain pump.
- Switch machine off and on again (may be a one-time failure of the control module).
Washing machines without a display have flashing lights of all washing modes and lit lights of the temperature 30 ° C, 40 ° C or 60 ° C
The error occurs when heating water during washing: Samsung washing machine does not heat or, on the contrary, heats water very strongly
- Faulty heating element.
- The temperature sensor (thermostat) has malfunctioned (defective).
- The control board (washing machine controller) malfunction.
- There is a problem with the wiring or contacts in the circuit of the heating element.
- Make sure the appliance is correctly connected to the mains.
- Turn off and turn on the CM again, if the problem no longer manifests itself, it is probably a temporary control module failure.
- If these causes are excluded, it’s probably a more serious malfunction (damage to the heating element, controller or temperature sensor).
All lights of washing modes blink on models without display, all temperature indicators are on.
Samsung washing machine hatch locking error: The door can not be closed or opened
- Door interlock device (OIL) has malfunctioned.
- Control board (electronic controller) malfunction.
- The hinges on the door are deformed or blocked.
- There was mechanical damage to the hatch locking mechanism.
- Contacts are loose or wiring in the door lock circuit is damaged.
- The door is not closed tightly: check that it is closed and that there are no foreign objects in it
- Inspect the hinges securing the door to the machine. It should move easily and smoothly.
- Open the door and close it again, restart the wash cycle. If all is normal, it may have been a temporary failure of the electronic module.
If there is no display, all washing mode lights are flashing and the 30°C cold water temperature indicator (first from bottom) is lit.
- Washing machine water inlet valve may be faulty.
- The washer-dryer control board (electronic controller) is out of order.
- Water level sensor defective (t) Check heating element. н., If so, take it out and rinse, remove and clean it; n Contacts in the inlet valve circuit have broken (check that the water inlet is open, if necessary). it does not “get” the machine.
- The contacts in the priming valve circuit have come loose.
- Check the water supply in the water mains.
- Check that the water supply isolation valve is open.
- Check hoses for kinks, kinks and other deformations. If so, repair the fault
- Check that the strainer mesh in the priming valve is not clogged or calcified. If so take it out and flush it and remove the lime.
- If the above recommendations didn’t help. the problem could have a more complicated cause.
- The water level sensor (pressostat) is defective or has failed.
- Foam sensor malfunction (the error is only relevant for advanced, newer and more expensive Samsung models such as WD80K52E0AX, WW90M74LNOO, WW10M86KNOA).
- The drain pipe is partially clogged, which means that the water escapes and the foam stays inside the machine.
- The electronic control board of the washing machine is out of order or has temporarily malfunctioned.
- Remove partial clogging of the drain filter by taking it out and washing thoroughly with water and nonaggressive detergents.
- Check for partial blockages in the drain hose by unscrewing and rinsing it under the faucet with warm water.
- Make sure the detergent is chosen correctly (it is designed for automatic machines, not for hand washing and is added in sufficient, but not excessive amounts).
- Make sure you selected an adequate washing mode for the type of fabric: fluffy, feathery items, as well as porous materials (eg, tulle) require a special mode.
- Use only quality detergent from a trusted manufacturer.
Older Samsung models have blinking lights on all washing modes; 60°C temperature indicator is on
The machine does not rotate the drum due to improper load on its axis and stops in spin mode
- Electronic controller malfunction (control board).
- SM bearing collapsed or deformed due to wear and tear.
- The drive belt that rotates the drum is worn out or has come loose.
- Tachogenerator (tachometer) malfunction.
- Motor brushes are worn out and out of order.
- Check the amount of laundry loaded in the machine: it should not be too much, otherwise there may be malfunction of the drum, wear and tear of the drive belt, bearings, etc., and it should also not be small.
- Spread the laundry evenly in the drum and do not allow it to curl up into clumps; otherwise it will create imbalance in the drum.
- Make sure that the machine is properly installed, level and exactly horizontal (use the level).
Lights in all washing modes and upper and lower 30°C and 95°C cold water temperature LEDs are blinking in models without display
Water leaking out of the washer or “self-draining” occurs. the machine draws and immediately drains the water from the tank.
- The sunroof seal is damaged and is leaking.
- Drainage tube deformed.
- The water level sensor (pressostat) is defective or broken.
- Washing machine control board (electronic controller) is defective.
- The aquastop has tripped (relevant for models with leakage protection).
- Deformed drain hose.
- If it is a new or reinstalled washing machine, it could be a connection problem.
- Contacts in the water stop or water pressure switch have soldered out.
- Check that the washer-drainage filter is screwed tight.
- Check that the end of the drain hose is correctly connected to the drainage system or inserted into the tub.
- Examine all the hose connections on the machine to the sewage system and plumbing.
- Check that the water pipe joints are tight and not leaking.
- The water may be leaking but not foam: change the detergent to a suitable one and adjust the amount of detergent for the next wash.
- If the above methods of self-help did not work, the cause is probably a more serious malfunction.
In older washing machines without a display, the lights on all modes of washing are flashing and the temperature indicator lights are lit 40 ° C and 95 ° C
The washing machine does not spin the laundry properly: the drum rotates at a different speed, rotates poorly or vice versa rotates very quickly
- The tachometer (tachogenerator or hall sensor) is defective and is unable to operate properly, so the corresponding command is sent to the electronic module.
- Washing machine motor malfunction.
- Drive belt is defective.
- Electric motor brushes are defective
- The control board has malfunctioned.
- There is a short circuit in the wiring or contacts in the tachogenerator circuit (Hall sensor).
- Cancel the wash cycle and check the number of items loaded (possibly caused by an overload of laundry).
- Restart the process of washing, watch how SM operates. If no error is displayed, it is likely there was a one-time failure of the control board.
- If these measures do not eliminate the error. there is a more complex problem.
Eb (for Samsung machines produced before 2007)
On machines without a display (e.g., S1021), the lights of all washing modes will flash simultaneously and all except the second light at the top of the temperature display will be on; 30°C (cold water), 40°C and 95°C
The machine begins to rinse immediately after starting and one of these error codes occurs or the machine does not start at all, including the error code immediately
- Motor control triac defective.
- Tachogenerator (tachometer or hall sensor) is defective.
- Trigger button or button on the control panel is defective or has malfunctioned for some other reason.
- “Control electronics board malfunctions.
- Faulty wiring or contacts in the motor circuit or control panel.
- Check the machine for stuck buttons on the front panel.
- Turn the machine off and on again to determine that there is no temporary failure of the control card.
- Check that the SM is properly connected to the mains and that the socket, cord and plug are in good condition and undamaged.
- If these measures are unsuccessful, the problem is a more serious problem.
Older machines without display have flashing indicators of all washing modes and the top two lights of temperature are lit: 60°C and 95°C
The appliance is not heating the water at all or is heating it strongly
- Thermostat (thermostat or thermistor) malfunction: no signal from the thermostat or thermistor to control unit.
- Heating element (heating element) defective
- Control board (controller) malfunction;
- The thermostat or thermostat/thermostor of the heating element in the dryer is defective. Only applies to Samsung models with dryer, e.g. WD70J5410AW, WD80K52E0ZW, WD80K52E0ZX, etc.д.
- Failure of other temperature sensors in washer-dryer models (condensation flow thermistor, temperature sensor of fan housing).
- Wiring or contacts in water heating circuit or dryer
To solve the problem on your own, we can recommend to disconnect the machine and restart the washing process, specifying whether there was not an accidental one-time failure in the control module of the washing machine (controller). Since we are dealing with important components of the appliance, no other self-repair measures will be effective. Most often, when these parts break down, they have to be replaced with new ones.
In older models, the indicators of all washing modes are flashing and the lights of 30°C (cold water), 40°C and 60°C (three from the bottom) are lit.
This type of error is always characterized by incorrect amount of water in the machine. It does not take on water at all or takes on not enough water, does not want to remove water from overflowing tank, laundry is wet, water remains in the tank.
- Water level sensor (relay), pressostat are out of order and that is why the washing machine “doesn’t understand”. How much water is in the tank.
- Problem with control board (controller).
- Wiring or contact malfunction in the pressostat circuit.
- Check that the water inlet hose is not kinked.
- Check to see if the pressostat (water level sensor) tube is disconnected or kinked. To do this will have to partially disassemble the washing machine, at least by removing the top cover of the washing machine (models with horizontal load: WD80K52E0AX, WD806U2GAGD and others).).
- Switch the appliance off and restart the cycle as it could be an inadvertent malfunction of the controller.
The lights of models without display flash in all washing modes and the 30 and 40 °C temperature indicators are on
Washer draws too much water.
- The priming valve is defective and the machine overflows.
- The water level sensor or relay for detecting water levels in the washing machine has malfunctioned;
- The control board (controller) of the washing machine has malfunctioned.
- Damaged wiring or contacts in the pressostat circuit.
- Use only detergents for automatic laundry and not for hand washing.
- Regulate the amount of detergent carefully: too much detergent may cause this problem.
- Use only quality detergent.
- Check that the washer/dryer drain is correctly connected to the washer/dryer drain.
Uc, 9C,9E1, 9E2
On machines without display all top lights flash, including lockout indicator
The washing machine suddenly stops the cycle (at any stage of the cycle) or will not turn on at all.
- Control board (controller) malfunction
- A power failure occurs if the mains power is cut off. If it happens suddenly due to a power cut, after the power is turned on the error will disappear by itself).
- Washer is operating on too high or low line voltage.
- Do not connect to the mains via an extension cord.
- Don’t use washing machine without external adapter. High-tech models are very sensitive to power surges, and therefore there is a risk of failure.
- Check the wiring and do not use old or weak outlets.
- Make sure there are no problems with the mains voltage and electricity supply (use another electric appliance as an example).
Washing machine is working properly, but display shows these symbols.
- 2H. 100 to 180 minutes left to the end of the wash (not to be confused with H2. error indication of water heating!).
- 3H. 180-240 minutes to end of cycle.
- 4H. at least 240 minutes.
- Waiting for the end of the wash.
- Often appears when selecting long washing mode and shows how many minutes remain to the end of the cycle.
- In order to avoid errors, if it is crucial, it is simply worth setting a shorter mode.
AE 13E ACb (AC6)
The appliance is not responding to button presses or starts the washing process and then stops it. It may not turn on at all, or washes one cycle, and then does not wash
- This is most often caused by a communication error between the control board and the indication system.
- The control module (controller) may be malfunctioning.
- Display Module itself has a problem.
- Broken wiring or disconnection of contacts between modules.
- Check buttons for sticking.
- If it did not help. turn off and turn on the washing process again. If there is no effect, you can assume that the cause of the malfunction is very serious.
Only applies to Samsung models with dryer (for example WD80K5410OW, WD80K52E0AW, WD70J5410AW)
Сброс программы стиральной машины SAMSUNG
Washer does not dry or stops drying suddenly
- Drying fan failure.
- Control module fails to operate once.
- Faulty wiring or contacts in fan circuit.
- Switch machine off and on again in “Dry” mode.
- If the result is unsatisfactory, the failure requires professional diagnosis.
Only valid for washer-dryers with drying function (e.g. WD90N74LNOA, WD806U2GAGD and other models)
Washer does not dry or does not finish drying laundry
- Dryer drying temperature sensor of the washing machine is defective.
- The dryer heating element in the dryer is out of order or has malfunctioned.
- Restart the drying process, if all is normal, it is likely a one-time failure of the control module or drying temperature sensor.
- Check the wiring and contacts in the dryer heating circuit.
Only applies to Samsung washing machines with “Add Door” function (ex: WW 10M86KNOA AddWash, WD80K52E0ZX)
Incorrect use of the “Add Door” when loading additional forgotten laundry during the wash cycle.
When using the Add Door, wait until the appliance has come to a complete stop by pressing the Start/Stop button and return the forgotten items to the appliance. To continue the wash cycle, close the door and press the Start/Stop button.
Error locking door “Add Door”. Only applies to washing machines with this function (e.g. WD80K5410OS, WW70K62E00S, WW90K54H0UX)
Door with additional door not closed or not opened. Washing has stopped.
- Add Door Locking Device (DLP) “Add Door” has failed.
- There are various mechanical damages of the additional door (lock, hinges),
- Control board failure.
- Wiring or contacts of door locking device “Add Door” defective.
- Close the “Add Door” before washing or after placing the laundry again.
- Inspect the door for foreign objects in the closing device, as well as door hinges and fasteners.
- Switch the appliance off with the “Power” button and then switch it on again. This will help if it was caused by a single failure of the electronic board.
8E,8E1, 8C, 8C1
Relevant for new washing machines younger than 2013, equipped with a vibration sensor (in older models it is a tachogenerator)
The drum of the washing machine rotates at an inadequate speed for the chosen program (no rotation at all, rotating faster or slower than it should), the items are badly wrung out.
- The vibration sensor is broken.
- Malfunction of the motor.
- Motor brushes are broken,
- Control board (electronic controller) malfunction.
- Problem with wiring or pins in VRT vibration sensor circuit
Turn the machine off and on again. This rules out the possibility of a temporary control board malfunction. In all other cases we are talking about more serious problems.
Machine does not wash, all indicators are off. Now shows one of these errors.
The power was probably cut off in the network, and then restored
To continue the program, press “Start/Pause”.
Appliance displays one of these errors, does not perform washing.
It is not an error. the factory test mode has been activated
To solve the problem, press and hold down the “Temperature” and “Option” buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
High temperature (greater than 70 degrees) is present inside the washer-dryer during the dry cycle
Not a fault. The appliance is reporting that the drying process is proceeding normally.
Do not turn off the washer-dryer, let it continue the drying cycle. Wait until it is finished. The message will disappear on its own if the temperature inside the washing machine is reduced.
CE, AC, ACb (AC6), 4C2
In machines without a display, all washing modes flash and the upper temperature indicator 95° (or Bio 60°) is lit.
Machine recovers water and immediately empties it without doing any washing.
The water temperature is too high.
- Temperature sensor defective.
- There is a problem with the wiring or a faulty contact in the heating circuit.
- The heating element (heating coil) is having trouble.
- Control board malfunction.
- Check the correct installation of the appliance, and specifically, make sure that. That the fill hose is connected to cold water, not hot water.
- Switch off the machine and restart the washing process in order to eliminate the possibility of a temporary failure of the control module.
6C, SdC (5dC)
Automatic dispenser error (appears only on Samsung machines with Wi-Fi function, e.g. WW65K42E00SDLP, WW70R62LATX)
Start the washing process again, thus eliminating the possibility of a temporary malfunction of the control board.
Probable causes of failure
When you see such a signal on the screen, get ready to fix the problem, because the problem is not related to voltage fluctuations in the electrical network. You can’t connect it to short-term electronic failures either.
What should be considered the main problems? There are two of them:
The temperature control unit sends the temperature of the heating element. With this sensor, the control module regulates the temperature of the heating element in accordance with the preset program. If the sensor is broken, the control module loses the ability to control the heating device performance, and after turning on the SM it heats up to the maximum level. At the same time, the module responsible for control and not having updated information from the temperature sensor, in the emergency mode disables the heater and sends a signal NOT 1, interrupting the washing.
Quite often the temperature controller is installed directly on the heating element, and it is not hard to find it. True, the heating device will have to be reached by partially disassembling the washing machine.
What to do if the problem is not in the sensor? In such a situation, it is recommended to look for a breakdown directly in the control module. If the track or the triac, which controls the heating element, is burnt out, the same message appears on the screen, but the repair work is much more difficult and requires more money.
How to avoid breakage of the heating element and the error
The heating element is directly responsible for heating the water in the washing machine. Therefore, this node is constantly in contact with it. Over time, the tube of the heating element is covered with a layer of scale (similar to that of an electric kettle). It is necessary to clean the white deposit, because its layer will gradually grow. When reaching a critical point, the heating will be less effective. There is an electric heating element in the tube. If the metal tube is destroyed by scale, it can also damage the electrical part.
Care for the water heating element, even in areas where the water is relatively clean. Even this layer contains various impurities of salts and metals, which deposit on the surface of the heating element and gradually destroy it.
To minimize the probability of breakage of heating element it is recommended to clean it regularly. To do this, there are special means, such as Calgon. They can extend the life of Samsung machines.
How to determine the malfunction
When the display of the Samsung machine displays an error “Ed”, then before calling a master at home himself, the user can make a simple diagnosis.
Checking the mechanics and electronics
If there was a mechanical failure. the door of the hatch simply will not close/open. There are several reasons for this:
“Ed” on the display means not only mechanical problems, but also malfunctions in the electronic unit. You can try to restart the machine. turn it off and pull the cord out of the socket.
If this method did not help to eliminate the error on the display. the cause is definitely in the mechanism for locking the hatch.
Deciphering the error “De” in the washing machine Samsung, the reasons for its appearance and how to solve the problem:
- If hatch won’t close, system displays code “Ed” or similar. user won’t be able to open door. The cause could be a broken mechanism on the hatch. You have to change the lock. This is the master’s job.
- “Ed” beats out the system when starting the washing cycle. Most likely there is a defect in the microcircuit that controls the operation of the display module. What exactly this error means, a master determines, having carried out diagnostics. Need to repair the unit or resolder the resistor. If the processor burns out, the module is broken, they must be replaced.
- The hatch doesn’t slam shut. the hole in the door and the lock don’t match. This is a consequence of machine wear or mechanical damage. The door must be replaced, but sometimes the situation can be corrected by replacing the hinges.
- When closing the door. no distinctive clicking sound is heard when the door closes. So the reason is in the locking mechanism itself. Here are two ways to solve the problem. to try to save the door and repair it, or replace it completely.
- Codes are reset, but after a while the system again beats out the error “Ed”. This is a consequence of worn-out wiring in the lock-electronic module pair, rupture. It is necessary to replace the plume or wires.
What does error code H, H1, H2, HE1, HE2 mean in a Samsung washing machine: why does it show and how to fix it?
All modern automatic washing machines are equipped with a self-diagnostic function. It is made to identify all the malfunctions that occur during the operation of the device. This trend has captured the Korean manufacturer Samsung washing machines.
Malfunctions appear for various reasons. May result from temporary wear and tear of mechanical and electrical parts. And they can be affected by the conditions in which they are used. If any malfunction occurs, the “intelligent” machines stop the washing processes you have set. They show a combination of letters and numbers on the display.
This is the error code of the malfunction. The usual lady of the house can also cope with many machine breakdowns. For example, when she will not be able to open the closed hatch, clogged filter, not open water supply tap, etc.д.
These code variations can be found in decoded form in the product’s instruction manual.
With most failures will cope only a specialist. On your own without having skills to repair the machine is not worth. Now we will consider some errors of washing machines Samsung, and in more detail we will learn what error h1 on the washing machine Samsung wants to tell us, and also how to correct failures at which it was illuminated.
What does error 3E mean on a Samsung washing machine: troubleshooting
Almost all washing machines have been equipped with artificial intelligent ability to recognize many of their faults for more than a decade. Malfunctions occur for various reasons in machinery. There is the usual wear and tear parts and components, there are failures caused by improper use of the device.
Malfunctions can also arise from the places and conditions of use of the appliance. In case of partial or complete breakage of a part, the product processor detects a failure in full operation of the product and shuts it down. At the same time, the machine display shows the code of the malfunction.
On older models, the code appears as a certain combination of lit LEDs.
On new models everything is much easier, the existing display shows a code in the form of symbols. One of the combinations of these symbols is error 3E in Samsung washing machines. To repair a Samsung washing machine with error 3E you need to understand what exactly is wrong.